Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 318 Next
03 Aug 2019, 9:39 am #21
(02 Aug 2019, 5:36 pm)Adrian

Were they programmed prior to the changes in May? I've never used the service, so I've no idea.

Since May we've been without the NSAs on the X21.
Which is both a blessing because I haven't been hearing "This is the Castles Express X21 service to Bishop Auckland" every time the bus stops, but it's also a curse because even though I know the route, I don't pay attention to where we are!

I'm guessing it's because they didn't want to have to reprogram it twice with the X21 probably rebranding as X-Lines soon
streetdeckfan
03 Aug 2019, 9:39 am #21

(02 Aug 2019, 5:36 pm)Adrian

Were they programmed prior to the changes in May? I've never used the service, so I've no idea.

Since May we've been without the NSAs on the X21.
Which is both a blessing because I haven't been hearing "This is the Castles Express X21 service to Bishop Auckland" every time the bus stops, but it's also a curse because even though I know the route, I don't pay attention to where we are!

I'm guessing it's because they didn't want to have to reprogram it twice with the X21 probably rebranding as X-Lines soon

Michael

03 Aug 2019, 9:42 am #22
Dan can you confirm, if the remaining Omnidekka's will arrive from Brighton?, since the school contracts have been allocated.

If not... will the Omnidekka's already giving numbers from the last batch, have their fleet numbers changed so there isn't a massive gaps missing in the fleet list?, so 6167 would become 6162 and so on...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Aug 2019, 9:42 am #22

Dan can you confirm, if the remaining Omnidekka's will arrive from Brighton?, since the school contracts have been allocated.

If not... will the Omnidekka's already giving numbers from the last batch, have their fleet numbers changed so there isn't a massive gaps missing in the fleet list?, so 6167 would become 6162 and so on...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

03 Aug 2019, 11:15 am #23

(03 Aug 2019, 9:39 am)streetdeckfan Since May we've been without the NSAs on the X21.

I don't mind that to be honest, but its a bit wordy with "This is the Castles Express" in the announcement. I'm pretty sure iBus in London announces say "X to Y" every other stop, then just the stop name on approach.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 Aug 2019, 11:15 am #23

(03 Aug 2019, 9:39 am)streetdeckfan Since May we've been without the NSAs on the X21.

I don't mind that to be honest, but its a bit wordy with "This is the Castles Express" in the announcement. I'm pretty sure iBus in London announces say "X to Y" every other stop, then just the stop name on approach.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

ne14ne1

03 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm #24

(03 Aug 2019, 11:15 am)Adrian

Completely agree.

If they want to include the route brand then just do it upon departing big stops like Haymarket, Eldon Square, Gateshead Interchange etc. Maybe have an announcement that says 'Welcome aboard this Citylink 57 service, by Go North East'.

But I think having 'This is the Citylink 57 service, to Hadrian Park' or 'This is the Cobalt & Coast three-O-nine service, to Newcastle' is far too long to have on each departure and risks annoying people.
I'd much prefer a simple London style, '57, to, Hadrian Park' or 'Three-ten, to, Newcastle Haymarket' on door closure. 

ne14ne1
03 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm #24

(03 Aug 2019, 11:15 am)Adrian

Completely agree.

If they want to include the route brand then just do it upon departing big stops like Haymarket, Eldon Square, Gateshead Interchange etc. Maybe have an announcement that says 'Welcome aboard this Citylink 57 service, by Go North East'.

But I think having 'This is the Citylink 57 service, to Hadrian Park' or 'This is the Cobalt & Coast three-O-nine service, to Newcastle' is far too long to have on each departure and risks annoying people.
I'd much prefer a simple London style, '57, to, Hadrian Park' or 'Three-ten, to, Newcastle Haymarket' on door closure. 

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Aug 2019, 5:06 pm #25
(03 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm)ne14ne1

Completely agree.

Can't see it changing any time soon, I'm afraid.

Probably count the number of times on one hand that negative feedback has been received about it - and it's only really been from enthusiasts to be honest.

Sometimes gets a bit repetitive but the volume setting is hardly intrusive and I find from my experiences both from using the bus and driving them, that I can just switch off from the announcements.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
03 Aug 2019, 5:06 pm #25

(03 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm)ne14ne1

Completely agree.

Can't see it changing any time soon, I'm afraid.

Probably count the number of times on one hand that negative feedback has been received about it - and it's only really been from enthusiasts to be honest.

Sometimes gets a bit repetitive but the volume setting is hardly intrusive and I find from my experiences both from using the bus and driving them, that I can just switch off from the announcements.

03 Aug 2019, 5:17 pm #26

(03 Aug 2019, 5:06 pm)Dan Can't see it changing any time soon, I'm afraid.

I agree there that it's quiet enough for you to just switch off from the announcements. Back when we had them I'd completely forget about them until I was getting close to my stop. Then again, I've heard 'This is the Castles Express X21 service to Bishop Auckland' so many times it's permanently ingrained in my brain!

The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that 'Next Stop' is picked up as 'Alexa' on my phone so it pauses my music at every stop

streetdeckfan
03 Aug 2019, 5:17 pm #26

I agree there that it's quiet enough for you to just switch off from the announcements. Back when we had them I'd completely forget about them until I was getting close to my stop. Then again, I've heard 'This is the Castles Express X21 service to Bishop Auckland' so many times it's permanently ingrained in my brain!

The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that 'Next Stop' is picked up as 'Alexa' on my phone so it pauses my music at every stop

ne14ne1

04 Aug 2019, 6:40 am #27

Yeah the majority of people wouldn’t go to the length of submitting feedback, they’d just think to themselves that’s a bit annoying, which it would be in any situation if you hear the exact same sentence said to you every 2 minutes.

What makes it worse is that several Angels for example still say it once while the doors are open, then again seconds later when the doors are closed.

ne14ne1
04 Aug 2019, 6:40 am #27

Yeah the majority of people wouldn’t go to the length of submitting feedback, they’d just think to themselves that’s a bit annoying, which it would be in any situation if you hear the exact same sentence said to you every 2 minutes.

What makes it worse is that several Angels for example still say it once while the doors are open, then again seconds later when the doors are closed.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 6:58 am #28
(04 Aug 2019, 6:40 am)ne14ne1

Unfortunately without feedback, how can any organisation the size of Go North East review whether what they are doing is right or wrong?

As well as the audio-visual announcements being a tool for visually-impaired customers, they are part of the product and it's important the brand is conveyed through this. The announcements are serving a completely different purpose in London, so there's less need for a more "friendly" approach.

Equally, aside from your comments on this forum, I don't think anyone (including driving staff) has recently reported repeating announcements on the Angel, via the proper channels. Without feedback, how can these things be repaired?

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 6:58 am #28

(04 Aug 2019, 6:40 am)ne14ne1

Unfortunately without feedback, how can any organisation the size of Go North East review whether what they are doing is right or wrong?

As well as the audio-visual announcements being a tool for visually-impaired customers, they are part of the product and it's important the brand is conveyed through this. The announcements are serving a completely different purpose in London, so there's less need for a more "friendly" approach.

Equally, aside from your comments on this forum, I don't think anyone (including driving staff) has recently reported repeating announcements on the Angel, via the proper channels. Without feedback, how can these things be repaired?

ne14ne1

04 Aug 2019, 8:19 am #29

(04 Aug 2019, 6:58 am)Dan Unfortunately without feedback, how can any organisation the size of Go North East review whether what they are doing is right or wrong?

I’ve fed back to customer services several times to be fair.

ne14ne1
04 Aug 2019, 8:19 am #29

(04 Aug 2019, 6:58 am)Dan Unfortunately without feedback, how can any organisation the size of Go North East review whether what they are doing is right or wrong?

I’ve fed back to customer services several times to be fair.

Andreos1

04 Aug 2019, 10:47 am #30

X10 broadcasting that the next stop is Testo's when leaving Dalton Park.

Not sure how many complaints there will be this weekend (or in the past or future).

Appreciate the road closure over an entire weekend isn't a normal occurrence, but there's many a time Testo's is missed out due to issues on the A19.

It still doesn't make it right that an organisation the size of GNE can't reflect, use initiative or common sense to make adaptations to the NSA.

I'm a big advocate of listening and using customer feedback, but it can't just be one way. Surely there has to be some common sense and self analysis used internally in situations like this?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Aug 2019, 10:47 am #30

Not sure how many complaints there will be this weekend (or in the past or future).

Appreciate the road closure over an entire weekend isn't a normal occurrence, but there's many a time Testo's is missed out due to issues on the A19.

It still doesn't make it right that an organisation the size of GNE can't reflect, use initiative or common sense to make adaptations to the NSA.

I'm a big advocate of listening and using customer feedback, but it can't just be one way. Surely there has to be some common sense and self analysis used internally in situations like this?

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 10:53 am #31
(04 Aug 2019, 10:47 am)Andreos1

Largely agree with you - and the A/V system on buses has a lot of potential, but as has been identified on this forum many times recently, a number of services allocated buses with an operational system, aren't working at the moment. If they aren't working, I'm doubtful there's the time to focus on diversions at this moment in time; however, I am aware that work is progressing to allow remote access to GNE's Service Delivery Centre to make announcements on the bus via the radio system to provide information about diversions etc.

I travelled on a number of Lothian bus services yesterday - the buses were fully equipped with an A/V system, but on one journey the route was diverted and the system did not reflect this, and on another journey the route was regulated and curtailed short, and the announcements were turned off completely. I dare say this is an industry-wide issue, not just Go North East.

My only other comment would be to ask where do you draw the line? When the X9 and X10 services are diverted via the "other" route, announcements are programmed, but what happens if Stockton High Street is ever omitted due to a road closure? Should this instance be programmed too? Even if they were, would the drivers use the correct destination code to reflect this variant to the route?

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 10:53 am #31

(04 Aug 2019, 10:47 am)Andreos1

Largely agree with you - and the A/V system on buses has a lot of potential, but as has been identified on this forum many times recently, a number of services allocated buses with an operational system, aren't working at the moment. If they aren't working, I'm doubtful there's the time to focus on diversions at this moment in time; however, I am aware that work is progressing to allow remote access to GNE's Service Delivery Centre to make announcements on the bus via the radio system to provide information about diversions etc.

I travelled on a number of Lothian bus services yesterday - the buses were fully equipped with an A/V system, but on one journey the route was diverted and the system did not reflect this, and on another journey the route was regulated and curtailed short, and the announcements were turned off completely. I dare say this is an industry-wide issue, not just Go North East.

My only other comment would be to ask where do you draw the line? When the X9 and X10 services are diverted via the "other" route, announcements are programmed, but what happens if Stockton High Street is ever omitted due to a road closure? Should this instance be programmed too? Even if they were, would the drivers use the correct destination code to reflect this variant to the route?

Andreos1

04 Aug 2019, 10:59 am #32

(04 Aug 2019, 10:53 am)Dan Agree - the system has a lot of potential, but as has been identified on this forum many times recently, a number of services allocated buses with an operational system, aren't working at the moment.

If they aren't working, I'm doubtful there's the time to focus on diversions at this moment in time.

So what are the options?

Invest in more staff and allow them to make changes, updates or fixes. These staff can be contracted on short-term/fixed term contracts if required and technology is allowed to fulfil its potential.

Keep as it is and spread staff so thinly, that customers don't benefit from the technology, which the company has invested time and money in to.

Andreos1
04 Aug 2019, 10:59 am #32

(04 Aug 2019, 10:53 am)Dan Agree - the system has a lot of potential, but as has been identified on this forum many times recently, a number of services allocated buses with an operational system, aren't working at the moment.

If they aren't working, I'm doubtful there's the time to focus on diversions at this moment in time.

So what are the options?

Invest in more staff and allow them to make changes, updates or fixes. These staff can be contracted on short-term/fixed term contracts if required and technology is allowed to fulfil its potential.

Keep as it is and spread staff so thinly, that customers don't benefit from the technology, which the company has invested time and money in to.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 11:13 am #33
(04 Aug 2019, 10:59 am)Andreos1

So what are the options?

OP updated with additional comments.

Not sure how easy it would be to hire staff on a short-term basis to complete a skilled job which may not be particularly easy to pick up? Who, or what, would fund or subsidise the additional costs incurred by the operator?

As I say, where do you draw the line when it comes to diversions? At least Go North East are looking to combat this issue via radio comms from the Service Delivery Centre - not sure what any other operators are doing.

How easy would it be for the London iBus system to be rolled out across every operators' fleet in the UK? What sort of cost implication would there be?

As I say, it's an industry-wide issue, but I don't think there's an industry-wide fix.

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 11:13 am #33

(04 Aug 2019, 10:59 am)Andreos1

So what are the options?

OP updated with additional comments.

Not sure how easy it would be to hire staff on a short-term basis to complete a skilled job which may not be particularly easy to pick up? Who, or what, would fund or subsidise the additional costs incurred by the operator?

As I say, where do you draw the line when it comes to diversions? At least Go North East are looking to combat this issue via radio comms from the Service Delivery Centre - not sure what any other operators are doing.

How easy would it be for the London iBus system to be rolled out across every operators' fleet in the UK? What sort of cost implication would there be?

As I say, it's an industry-wide issue, but I don't think there's an industry-wide fix.

Andreos1

04 Aug 2019, 11:30 am #34

(04 Aug 2019, 11:13 am)Dan OP updated with additional comments.

I agree that the issue isn't unique to GNE, but I'm sure GNE would want to lead the way and set a benchmark with regional operators, rather than tag along with them.

However, the example comparing Stockton High St and Testo's is a moot point.

The impact of a closure of Stockton High Street on a customer will be significantly smaller to that of a customer wanting to board or alight at Testo's during a road closure.

An alternative on Stockton High St will inconvenience a customer a few hundred yards and a few minutes. A closure of Testo's means (depending on the direction affected), that nearest alternative could be Heworth or Peterlee, with the obvious implications and inconveniences.

Marketing and fancy liveries are picked up by the operator. Why not this?

I know which one would benefit the customer the most.

Andreos1
04 Aug 2019, 11:30 am #34

(04 Aug 2019, 11:13 am)Dan OP updated with additional comments.

I agree that the issue isn't unique to GNE, but I'm sure GNE would want to lead the way and set a benchmark with regional operators, rather than tag along with them.

The impact of a closure of Stockton High Street on a customer will be significantly smaller to that of a customer wanting to board or alight at Testo's during a road closure.

An alternative on Stockton High St will inconvenience a customer a few hundred yards and a few minutes. A closure of Testo's means (depending on the direction affected), that nearest alternative could be Heworth or Peterlee, with the obvious implications and inconveniences.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 11:42 am #35
(04 Aug 2019, 11:30 am)Andreos1

I'd like to think that the work with the radio system and centralised Service Delivery Centre is an example of Go North East attempting to lead the way to combat this issue, no? What are other operators doing? Arriva North East's buses don't even have radio systems, never mind a centralised control room that can regulate services and assist.

It was a moot point indeed, but a fair question. I wonder how many passengers board or alight at Stockton High Street vs Testo's Roundabout?

The fact Testo's is, as you say, regularly omitted, makes me think that there can't be many passengers who use these stops (otherwise why would the company so regularly miss them out?) Depending on how you measure the impact to customers, if far more customers use Stockton High Street, it could be deemed that diversions not being announced for this stop could have a greater impact.

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 11:42 am #35

(04 Aug 2019, 11:30 am)Andreos1

I'd like to think that the work with the radio system and centralised Service Delivery Centre is an example of Go North East attempting to lead the way to combat this issue, no? What are other operators doing? Arriva North East's buses don't even have radio systems, never mind a centralised control room that can regulate services and assist.

It was a moot point indeed, but a fair question. I wonder how many passengers board or alight at Stockton High Street vs Testo's Roundabout?

The fact Testo's is, as you say, regularly omitted, makes me think that there can't be many passengers who use these stops (otherwise why would the company so regularly miss them out?) Depending on how you measure the impact to customers, if far more customers use Stockton High Street, it could be deemed that diversions not being announced for this stop could have a greater impact.

LVK 404L

04 Aug 2019, 11:56 am #36

(04 Aug 2019, 11:42 am)Dan I'd like to think that the work with the radio system and centralised Service Delivery Centre is an example of Go North East attempting to lead the way to combat this issue, no? What are other operators doing? Arriva North East's buses don't even have radio systems, never mind a centralised control room that can regulate services and assist.

I used to be regular user of X9/X10 at Testos. Daily Monday to Friday.   I always got the 0558 X9 to Middlesbrough and when diverted and omitted Testo, how on earth do you guys at GNE think someone can get to Heworth for that time of the morning without incurring taxi costs etc. I lost count of the number of times I contacted GNE and we discussed alternative diversions will still observed Boldon near to Testos all to no avail. GNE were not willing to listen to suggestions and when I contacted Martijn he referred me back to customer services.

Those if you on here who don't use Testos roundabout. Try it for a month and see how much patience you have at the end.

Hence I learned to drive. Passed my test, and avoid Testos like the plague. But not all of us have this luxury now. There are still a lot of customers having to put up with this.

Mind you if we lived elsewhere there would be shuttle buses provided as in most other diversions but no we aren't entitled to them either.

LVK 404L
04 Aug 2019, 11:56 am #36

(04 Aug 2019, 11:42 am)Dan I'd like to think that the work with the radio system and centralised Service Delivery Centre is an example of Go North East attempting to lead the way to combat this issue, no? What are other operators doing? Arriva North East's buses don't even have radio systems, never mind a centralised control room that can regulate services and assist.

I used to be regular user of X9/X10 at Testos. Daily Monday to Friday.   I always got the 0558 X9 to Middlesbrough and when diverted and omitted Testo, how on earth do you guys at GNE think someone can get to Heworth for that time of the morning without incurring taxi costs etc. I lost count of the number of times I contacted GNE and we discussed alternative diversions will still observed Boldon near to Testos all to no avail. GNE were not willing to listen to suggestions and when I contacted Martijn he referred me back to customer services.

Those if you on here who don't use Testos roundabout. Try it for a month and see how much patience you have at the end.

Hence I learned to drive. Passed my test, and avoid Testos like the plague. But not all of us have this luxury now. There are still a lot of customers having to put up with this.

Mind you if we lived elsewhere there would be shuttle buses provided as in most other diversions but no we aren't entitled to them either.

Andreos1

04 Aug 2019, 12:01 pm #37

It's all fine and well having radio control contact a driver, but if that information isn't shared with the passengers - it becomes an exercise in pointlessness.

One person inconvenienced because Testo's isn't served and they can no longer get to work or home from work; or 21 dropped off round the corner, just off Stockton High Street. Hmm...

Andreos1
04 Aug 2019, 12:01 pm #37

It's all fine and well having radio control contact a driver, but if that information isn't shared with the passengers - it becomes an exercise in pointlessness.

One person inconvenienced because Testo's isn't served and they can no longer get to work or home from work; or 21 dropped off round the corner, just off Stockton High Street. Hmm...

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm #38
(04 Aug 2019, 12:01 pm)Andreos1

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The Service Delivery Centre have had contact to drivers for many years now, that isn't something new.

The intention is that the radio controller would be able to make an announcement on the bus to passengers, in addition to the driver, linking to the audio-visual announcement system on the bus.

Work is underway. Trials are to take place by the end of the year. That is what Go North East are doing to combat the issue we are discussing, that is how they are trying to lead the way... Not an "exercise in pointlessness"!

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm #38

(04 Aug 2019, 12:01 pm)Andreos1

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The Service Delivery Centre have had contact to drivers for many years now, that isn't something new.

The intention is that the radio controller would be able to make an announcement on the bus to passengers, in addition to the driver, linking to the audio-visual announcement system on the bus.

Work is underway. Trials are to take place by the end of the year. That is what Go North East are doing to combat the issue we are discussing, that is how they are trying to lead the way... Not an "exercise in pointlessness"!

Andreos1

04 Aug 2019, 12:21 pm #39

(04 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm)Dan Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The Service Delivery Centre have had contact to drivers for many years now, that isn't something new.

Yeah, I know it's not new.

I remember when the first radios were rolled out fleet wide 20plus years back.

In the time since, sometimes the driver shouts back that there's going to be a little diversion, sometimes there isn't (cue typical example of old biddies whispering that the driver must have got lost/must be new/or there's been a crash somewhere and one brave soul venturing to the front to ask what's going on).

I'm pleased to see there will be amendments to that system and hopefully customers will see improvements.

I hope it coincidences with changes to the NSA's, so that in the case of a road closure (planned or otherwise), customers aren't given conflicting pieces of information regarding the next stop.

I haven't been on a Houghton bound 4 since the long-term closure of the A183 westbound at Bournmoor.

I'd have hoped the NSA's would have been amended to reflect that Boundary Houses wasn't the next stop beyond Shiney Row, that an approx 3mile section was being omitted and the next scheduled stopping point is Fatherly Terrace in Chilton Moor.

Ditto, I havent been on a Chester bound 78, which omits a handful of stops between Boundary Houses and Woodstone Village. Again, I'd hope changes were made to the NSA's on that service too.

Andreos1
04 Aug 2019, 12:21 pm #39

(04 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm)Dan Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The Service Delivery Centre have had contact to drivers for many years now, that isn't something new.

In the time since, sometimes the driver shouts back that there's going to be a little diversion, sometimes there isn't (cue typical example of old biddies whispering that the driver must have got lost/must be new/or there's been a crash somewhere and one brave soul venturing to the front to ask what's going on).

I'm pleased to see there will be amendments to that system and hopefully customers will see improvements.

I hope it coincidences with changes to the NSA's, so that in the case of a road closure (planned or otherwise), customers aren't given conflicting pieces of information regarding the next stop.

I haven't been on a Houghton bound 4 since the long-term closure of the A183 westbound at Bournmoor.

I'd have hoped the NSA's would have been amended to reflect that Boundary Houses wasn't the next stop beyond Shiney Row, that an approx 3mile section was being omitted and the next scheduled stopping point is Fatherly Terrace in Chilton Moor.

Ditto, I havent been on a Chester bound 78, which omits a handful of stops between Boundary Houses and Woodstone Village. Again, I'd hope changes were made to the NSA's on that service too.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2019, 12:56 pm #40
(04 Aug 2019, 12:21 pm)Andreos1

Again, I go back to my original question. For all of the operators now equipping their buses with Next Stop Announcements, who funds the additional resource required to update the announcements for the short-term closures and/or diversions in place?

Right or wrong; until the systems become less clunky, I don't think you'll ever get the announcements to reflect the correct route all of the time. I'd doubt many, if any at all, operators could resource it currently (I used Lothian as my example previously as they've really upped their game for providing this feature, and are definitely leading the way in the entire industry in my opinion, currently, yet they face the same challenges and seemingly haven't overcome them).

If operators don't have the resource, one option could be to disable the announcements to prevent incorrect information being given to passengers. This isn't ideal either though, is it? I suspect the current situ means that they're right the majority of the time, for the majority of stops, benefiting the majority of passengers.

Dan
04 Aug 2019, 12:56 pm #40

(04 Aug 2019, 12:21 pm)Andreos1

Again, I go back to my original question. For all of the operators now equipping their buses with Next Stop Announcements, who funds the additional resource required to update the announcements for the short-term closures and/or diversions in place?

Right or wrong; until the systems become less clunky, I don't think you'll ever get the announcements to reflect the correct route all of the time. I'd doubt many, if any at all, operators could resource it currently (I used Lothian as my example previously as they've really upped their game for providing this feature, and are definitely leading the way in the entire industry in my opinion, currently, yet they face the same challenges and seemingly haven't overcome them).

If operators don't have the resource, one option could be to disable the announcements to prevent incorrect information being given to passengers. This isn't ideal either though, is it? I suspect the current situ means that they're right the majority of the time, for the majority of stops, benefiting the majority of passengers.

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 318 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average