Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next
park5354

25 Aug 2019, 4:47 pm #61
<p>
(25 Aug 2019, 3:48 pm)V514DFT </p><p>Why does the 52 finish earlier than the 53,the 53 runs all the way til 11pm going to shields,midnight going the otherway(last journey runs to Killingworth only),i'd say theres probably more purpose having the 52 run til midnight cosidering it serves Newcastle,not alot to do in shields after the shops close,pretty backwards in my opinion</p><p>

</p><p>Money from Nexus has something to do with the hours of 53 operating, and why streetlites are on at night.</p><p><br></p>
park5354
25 Aug 2019, 4:47 pm #61

<p>

(25 Aug 2019, 3:48 pm)V514DFT </p><p>Why does the 52 finish earlier than the 53,the 53 runs all the way til 11pm going to shields,midnight going the otherway(last journey runs to Killingworth only),i'd say theres probably more purpose having the 52 run til midnight cosidering it serves Newcastle,not alot to do in shields after the shops close,pretty backwards in my opinion</p><p>

</p><p>Money from Nexus has something to do with the hours of 53 operating, and why streetlites are on at night.</p><p><br></p>

V514DFT

26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am #62
Ahhhhh well fair enough

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am #62

Ahhhhh well fair enough

Kind Regards
Tez

GNE6312

26 Aug 2019, 9:25 pm #63
<p>I remember when the 53 ran from Blyth to Whitley bay via 1st/2nd/12th avenue, plessey road, Newsham Black Diamond, Deleval crescent, high pit, Cramlington Shops, then the current route to New York &amp; North Tyneside hospital in 2 hours (6 times longer than the 308 &amp; 309) and was operated out of blyth depot using&nbsp;darts &amp; beavers. That was fun lol. there was a 53A between Whitley bay &amp; Beacon hill but I don't know where via as I never got it<br></p>
GNE6312
26 Aug 2019, 9:25 pm #63

<p>I remember when the 53 ran from Blyth to Whitley bay via 1st/2nd/12th avenue, plessey road, Newsham Black Diamond, Deleval crescent, high pit, Cramlington Shops, then the current route to New York &amp; North Tyneside hospital in 2 hours (6 times longer than the 308 &amp; 309) and was operated out of blyth depot using&nbsp;darts &amp; beavers. That was fun lol. there was a 53A between Whitley bay &amp; Beacon hill but I don't know where via as I never got it<br></p>

V514DFT

26 Aug 2019, 10:36 pm #64
<p>
(26 Aug 2019, 9:25 pm)GNE6312 </p><p>I remember when the 53 ran from Blyth to Whitley bay via 1st/2nd/12th avenue, plessey road, Newsham Black Diamond, Deleval crescent, high pit, Cramlington Shops, then the current route to New York &amp; North Tyneside hospital in 2 hours (6 times longer than the 308 &amp; 309) and was operated out of blyth depot using&nbsp;darts &amp; beavers. That was fun lol. there was a 53A between Whitley bay &amp; Beacon hill but I don't know where via as I never got it<br></p><p>

</p><p>The 53 used to run Blyth-Whitley Bay, with the 53A running evenings and Sundays from October 2010,then in 2012 Arriva decided to bin the 56 and the original 52&nbsp;and part replace it with the 53A,then in 2013 they decided to bin the 53A and re route the 53 to North Shields,that was also when the 51,a new 52,and 54 all came on the scene</p>

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 Aug 2019, 10:36 pm #64

<p>

(26 Aug 2019, 9:25 pm)GNE6312 </p><p>I remember when the 53 ran from Blyth to Whitley bay via 1st/2nd/12th avenue, plessey road, Newsham Black Diamond, Deleval crescent, high pit, Cramlington Shops, then the current route to New York &amp; North Tyneside hospital in 2 hours (6 times longer than the 308 &amp; 309) and was operated out of blyth depot using&nbsp;darts &amp; beavers. That was fun lol. there was a 53A between Whitley bay &amp; Beacon hill but I don't know where via as I never got it<br></p><p>

</p><p>The 53 used to run Blyth-Whitley Bay, with the 53A running evenings and Sundays from October 2010,then in 2012 Arriva decided to bin the 56 and the original 52&nbsp;and part replace it with the 53A,then in 2013 they decided to bin the 53A and re route the 53 to North Shields,that was also when the 51,a new 52,and 54 all came on the scene</p>

Kind Regards
Tez

S830OFT

27 Aug 2019, 10:38 pm #65
With some Sunday 57A journeys being extended to Ashington, will these continue to be operated by Blyth, or will it revert to Ashington?

S830OFT
27 Aug 2019, 10:38 pm #65

With some Sunday 57A journeys being extended to Ashington, will these continue to be operated by Blyth, or will it revert to Ashington?

28 Aug 2019, 9:45 am #66
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...wrong-bus/

Young girl 'dumped' near A1 by driver after accidentally catching the wrong bus

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
28 Aug 2019, 9:45 am #66

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...wrong-bus/

28 Aug 2019, 11:16 am #67
<p>
(28 Aug 2019, 9:45 am)TEN 6083 https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...wrong-bus/

</p><p><br></p><p>I'll be the first to bash on Arriva, but&nbsp;I'm very sceptical that it happened exactly how they said it happened, especially since they went to the paper about it before any investigation was finished (which makes me think they're not going to find anything)</p><p>I'm surprised there wasn't a picture of them sitting on the sofa with their compo face on</p>
streetdeckfan
28 Aug 2019, 11:16 am #67

<p>

(28 Aug 2019, 9:45 am)TEN 6083 https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...wrong-bus/

</p><p><br></p><p>I'll be the first to bash on Arriva, but&nbsp;I'm very sceptical that it happened exactly how they said it happened, especially since they went to the paper about it before any investigation was finished (which makes me think they're not going to find anything)</p><p>I'm surprised there wasn't a picture of them sitting on the sofa with their compo face on</p>

Jimmi

28 Aug 2019, 11:40 am #68
(28 Aug 2019, 11:16 am)streetdeckfan I'll be the first to bash on Arriva, but I'm very sceptical that it happened exactly how they said it happened, especially since they went to the paper about it before any investigation was finished (which makes me think they're not going to find anything) I'm surprised there wasn't a picture of them sitting on the sofa with their compo face on

BIt of a non story really, people get on the wrong bus daily and you don't hear about it.

The Northern Echo seem as confused as the passenger as the 12 doesn't go to Richmond that's X26/X27, if the 12 was heading in the opposite direction to Hurworth it would be heading towards Middleton St George which leaves from a different part of the Town Centre. By my reckoning TNE have just heard the accounts from the 14 year old and/or parents and printed it with no research into this, it's little wonder they ended up on the wrong bus.

Granted not the best just dumping a 14 year old somewhere they don't know but surely better research should have been done prior to this journey being made.
Jimmi
28 Aug 2019, 11:40 am #68

(28 Aug 2019, 11:16 am)streetdeckfan I'll be the first to bash on Arriva, but I'm very sceptical that it happened exactly how they said it happened, especially since they went to the paper about it before any investigation was finished (which makes me think they're not going to find anything) I'm surprised there wasn't a picture of them sitting on the sofa with their compo face on

BIt of a non story really, people get on the wrong bus daily and you don't hear about it.

The Northern Echo seem as confused as the passenger as the 12 doesn't go to Richmond that's X26/X27, if the 12 was heading in the opposite direction to Hurworth it would be heading towards Middleton St George which leaves from a different part of the Town Centre. By my reckoning TNE have just heard the accounts from the 14 year old and/or parents and printed it with no research into this, it's little wonder they ended up on the wrong bus.

Granted not the best just dumping a 14 year old somewhere they don't know but surely better research should have been done prior to this journey being made.

Rob44

28 Aug 2019, 1:15 pm #69
this takes me back when, a little worse for wear i got on the 45 to dinington when it used to do a loop back round to hazlerigg. Got bus no bother, got a driver who must have dropped me off in hazlering a thousand times..................... ended up falling asleep and getting woke up at the south end of gosforth high street and getting turfed off the bus at near midnight. It was the day man U won the European cup by scoring 2 goals in injury time. I went hard on the vodka to take the pain away!
Rob44
28 Aug 2019, 1:15 pm #69

this takes me back when, a little worse for wear i got on the 45 to dinington when it used to do a loop back round to hazlerigg. Got bus no bother, got a driver who must have dropped me off in hazlering a thousand times..................... ended up falling asleep and getting woke up at the south end of gosforth high street and getting turfed off the bus at near midnight. It was the day man U won the European cup by scoring 2 goals in injury time. I went hard on the vodka to take the pain away!

Cock Robin

28 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm #70
<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
(28 Aug 2019, 1:15 pm)Rob44 this takes me back when, a little worse for wear i got on the 45 to dinington when it used to do a loop back round to hazlerigg. Got bus no bother, got a driver who must have dropped me off in hazlering a thousand times..................... ended up falling asleep and getting woke up at the south end of gosforth high street and getting turfed off the bus at near midnight. It was the day man U won the European cup by scoring 2 goals in injury time. I went hard on the vodka to take the pain away!

That must have been a long time ago Wink
Cock Robin
28 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm #70

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>

(28 Aug 2019, 1:15 pm)Rob44 this takes me back when, a little worse for wear i got on the 45 to dinington when it used to do a loop back round to hazlerigg. Got bus no bother, got a driver who must have dropped me off in hazlering a thousand times..................... ended up falling asleep and getting woke up at the south end of gosforth high street and getting turfed off the bus at near midnight. It was the day man U won the European cup by scoring 2 goals in injury time. I went hard on the vodka to take the pain away!

That must have been a long time ago Wink

Rob44

28 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm #71
without using google would it have been around 1999??
Rob44
28 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm #71

without using google would it have been around 1999??

28 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm #72
(28 Aug 2019, 11:40 am)Jimmi BIt of a non story really, people get on the wrong bus daily and you don't hear about it.

A newspaper, doing research! You must be joking.
By the time you've read the article you've already seen the ads so they don't care!

The state of the E400 that Arriva brought along to the NEbus launch was terrible. It was covered in dents, scratches, the vinyl was peeling off and it's obviously hit something bright yellow on the front corner.
There's no way GNE would have shown a bus off in that state
streetdeckfan
28 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm #72

(28 Aug 2019, 11:40 am)Jimmi BIt of a non story really, people get on the wrong bus daily and you don't hear about it.

A newspaper, doing research! You must be joking.
By the time you've read the article you've already seen the ads so they don't care!

The state of the E400 that Arriva brought along to the NEbus launch was terrible. It was covered in dents, scratches, the vinyl was peeling off and it's obviously hit something bright yellow on the front corner.

L469 YVK

28 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm #73
<p>

</p><p><br></p><p>What would you've been on at the time.?</p><p><br></p><p>Palatine 2?&nbsp;Scania L113? Optare Delta?</p>
L469 YVK
28 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm #73

<p>

</p><p><br></p><p>What would you've been on at the time.?</p><p><br></p><p>Palatine 2?&nbsp;Scania L113? Optare Delta?</p>

S830OFT

28 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm #74
<p>
(28 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm)streetdeckfan A newspaper, doing research! You must be joking.

</p><p>And with Nick Knox at the event I'm suprised he didn't notice...</p>

S830OFT
28 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm #74

<p>

(28 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm)streetdeckfan A newspaper, doing research! You must be joking.

</p><p>And with Nick Knox at the event I'm suprised he didn't notice...</p>

Ryland

28 Aug 2019, 9:13 pm #75
Is there any plans or talks of arriva north east to get any enviro 200 into there fleet following on from majority of the UK orders for them
Ryland
28 Aug 2019, 9:13 pm #75

Is there any plans or talks of arriva north east to get any enviro 200 into there fleet following on from majority of the UK orders for them

29 Aug 2019, 6:21 am #76
<p>
(28 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm)S830OFT </p><p>
</p><p>And with Nick Knox at the event I'm suprised he didn't notice...</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>From what I heard it was the best one they had&nbsp;</p>
streetdeckfan
29 Aug 2019, 6:21 am #76

<p>

(28 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm)S830OFT </p><p>
</p><p>And with Nick Knox at the event I'm suprised he didn't notice...</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>From what I heard it was the best one they had&nbsp;</p>

Jimmi

29 Aug 2019, 7:33 am #77

Sure enough, turns out she was not "dumped" in the middle of nowhere (near Scotch Corner): https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...m=facebook

An account from passenger states: the driver gave her the option of staying on the bus and getting back to Darlington within two hours, or getting off at Scotch Corner and catching another bus back to Darlington within minutes.
Ms Christensen said: "He stopped at the bus stop and explained to the girl to be careful crossing the street. He said explain to the driver you got in the wrong bus and they will take you back to Darlington. He gave her two choices and she picked to get off the bus."
Jimmi
29 Aug 2019, 7:33 am #77

Sure enough, turns out she was not "dumped" in the middle of nowhere (near Scotch Corner): https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...m=facebook

An account from passenger states: the driver gave her the option of staying on the bus and getting back to Darlington within two hours, or getting off at Scotch Corner and catching another bus back to Darlington within minutes.
Ms Christensen said: "He stopped at the bus stop and explained to the girl to be careful crossing the street. He said explain to the driver you got in the wrong bus and they will take you back to Darlington. He gave her two choices and she picked to get off the bus."

Rob44

29 Aug 2019, 7:36 am #78
<p>
(28 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm)L469 YVK </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>What would you've been on at the time.?</p><p><br></p><p>Palatine 2?&nbsp;Scania L113? Optare Delta?</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>I want to say the Scania you mention above as those seat were comfortable. But now I'm thinking it was optare delta? It was a long time ago though</p>
Rob44
29 Aug 2019, 7:36 am #78

<p>

(28 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm)L469 YVK </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>What would you've been on at the time.?</p><p><br></p><p>Palatine 2?&nbsp;Scania L113? Optare Delta?</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>I want to say the Scania you mention above as those seat were comfortable. But now I'm thinking it was optare delta? It was a long time ago though</p>

V514DFT

29 Aug 2019, 11:27 am #79
Is every other bus on the 55 gone back to being a full sized single decker,1587 just passed me on the 55,there was a pulsar on yesterday aswell

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
29 Aug 2019, 11:27 am #79

Is every other bus on the 55 gone back to being a full sized single decker,1587 just passed me on the 55,there was a pulsar on yesterday aswell

Kind Regards
Tez

29 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm #80
Just seen 1499 near Jesmond. Is it back at Jesmond?
enviro7501
29 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm #80

Just seen 1499 near Jesmond. Is it back at Jesmond?

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average