Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure South Tyneside Area Developments - South Shields Transport Interchange etc

South Tyneside Area Developments - South Shields Transport Interchange etc

South Tyneside Area Developments - South Shields Transport Interchange etc

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
AIG20

03 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm #41
(03 Feb 2019, 2:58 pm)Michael With the new bus/metro station planned to open in June/July, i wonder how they'll set the stands out?, here's my guess... 

Stand 1 – 26/27
Stand 2 – 20/20A/X20
Stand 3 – 5/50/50A
Stand 4 – E1/E2/E6
Stand 5 – 1/2/3/4
Stand 6 – 7/8
Stand 7 – 10/11
Stand 8 – 12
Stand 9 – 17
Stand 10 – 18
Stand 11 – 30
Stand 12 – 516, 960, TB503 and Metro replacement
Stand 13 – Drop Off
Stand 14 – Coach

Apparently the buses will enter the bus station from Fowler Street and exit to Kepple Street and Coronation Street with Chapter Row and Kepple Street (Eastbound) being pedestrianised. New bus stops & laybys have already been installed on Coronation Street and a new bus lane is being constructed on Crossgate opposite the Town Hall. 

I'm sure I also seen or heard somewhere that bus services may also start using Garden Lane to exit the Town Centre, however, there is an extremely low bridge meaning that double decker's will not be able to go that way.

I assume there will be minor route and timing changes to all bus services that serve South Shields Town Centre when the new bus and metro station opens - most significantly impacting the services that serve Westoe Road, Beach Road, Anderson Street & Ocean Road if Garden Lane cannot be used due to the low bridge.
Edited 03 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm by AIG20.
AIG20
03 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm #41

(03 Feb 2019, 2:58 pm)Michael With the new bus/metro station planned to open in June/July, i wonder how they'll set the stands out?, here's my guess... 

Stand 1 – 26/27
Stand 2 – 20/20A/X20
Stand 3 – 5/50/50A
Stand 4 – E1/E2/E6
Stand 5 – 1/2/3/4
Stand 6 – 7/8
Stand 7 – 10/11
Stand 8 – 12
Stand 9 – 17
Stand 10 – 18
Stand 11 – 30
Stand 12 – 516, 960, TB503 and Metro replacement
Stand 13 – Drop Off
Stand 14 – Coach

Apparently the buses will enter the bus station from Fowler Street and exit to Kepple Street and Coronation Street with Chapter Row and Kepple Street (Eastbound) being pedestrianised. New bus stops & laybys have already been installed on Coronation Street and a new bus lane is being constructed on Crossgate opposite the Town Hall. 

I'm sure I also seen or heard somewhere that bus services may also start using Garden Lane to exit the Town Centre, however, there is an extremely low bridge meaning that double decker's will not be able to go that way.

I assume there will be minor route and timing changes to all bus services that serve South Shields Town Centre when the new bus and metro station opens - most significantly impacting the services that serve Westoe Road, Beach Road, Anderson Street & Ocean Road if Garden Lane cannot be used due to the low bridge.

03 Feb 2019, 8:03 pm #42
(03 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm)AIG20 Apparently the buses will enter the bus station from Fowler Street and exit to Kepple Street and Coronation Street with Chapter Row and Kepple Street (Eastbound) being pedestrianised. New bus stops & laybys have already been installed on Coronation Street and a new bus lane is being constructed on Crossgate opposite the Town Hall. 

Garden Lane Bridge is only 8'9", you couldn't even fit a Streetlite under there.
deanmachine
03 Feb 2019, 8:03 pm #42

(03 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm)AIG20 Apparently the buses will enter the bus station from Fowler Street and exit to Kepple Street and Coronation Street with Chapter Row and Kepple Street (Eastbound) being pedestrianised. New bus stops & laybys have already been installed on Coronation Street and a new bus lane is being constructed on Crossgate opposite the Town Hall. 

Garden Lane Bridge is only 8'9", you couldn't even fit a Streetlite under there.

04 Feb 2019, 11:11 pm #43
I think it just be one anti clockwise loop around the town for all services as shown here.

.png
ss.png
Size: 163.88 KB / Downloads: 31

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
04 Feb 2019, 11:11 pm #43

I think it just be one anti clockwise loop around the town for all services as shown here.

.png
ss.png
Size: 163.88 KB / Downloads: 31

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Andreos1

13 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm #44

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=68&page=126

More on the new interchange which is opening later in the summer.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm #44

LVK 404L

17 Jun 2019, 1:51 pm #45

(13 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm)Andreos1

Now due to open Sunday 4 August according to the Nexus website news page.

LVK 404L
17 Jun 2019, 1:51 pm #45

(13 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm)Andreos1

Andreos1

17 Jun 2019, 2:53 pm #46

(17 Jun 2019, 1:51 pm)ifm001

Yeah, that's the date that was noted last week.

Theres a 4 week line closure ahead of the opening.

Andreos1
17 Jun 2019, 2:53 pm #46

(17 Jun 2019, 1:51 pm)ifm001

Yeah, that's the date that was noted last week.

Theres a 4 week line closure ahead of the opening.

AIG20

06 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm #47

The new bus and metro interchange opened on Sunday and looks great. However, when reading the comments in the Shields Gazette Facebook page, there appear to be some issues which are:

• People complaining of "lack of toilet facilities" even though there are some?
  • People walking in and around where the buses arrive, park, reverse and leave - and have apparently been walking behind buses as they are reversing which is an accident waiting to happen...
  • People trying to enter the bus station from the stands - which the doors only open from the inside when a bus arrives at the stand.

AIG20
06 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm #47

The new bus and metro interchange opened on Sunday and looks great. However, when reading the comments in the Shields Gazette Facebook page, there appear to be some issues which are:

• People walking in and around where the buses arrive, park, reverse and leave - and have apparently been walking behind buses as they are reversing which is an accident waiting to happen...
  • People trying to enter the bus station from the stands - which the doors only open from the inside when a bus arrives at the stand.

06 Aug 2019, 7:15 pm #48
(06 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm)AIG20

https://youtu.be/v_OpH_A0vds

Here’s a video that was uploaded to YouTube on Sunday with someone walking across the road inside the interchange as you said above, it’s 2m 35s into the video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
06 Aug 2019, 7:15 pm #48

(06 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm)AIG20

https://youtu.be/v_OpH_A0vds

Here’s a video that was uploaded to YouTube on Sunday with someone walking across the road inside the interchange as you said above, it’s 2m 35s into the video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LVK 404L

06 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm #49
There is also an issue with their being no crossing point as buses exit into Keppel Street.
The walkway is there for pedestrians but no crossing or signal control. This needs to be looked at by all parties concerned, council. Nexus. Building contractor. It should never have been opened until Health and Safety was complete.
LVK 404L
06 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm #49

There is also an issue with their being no crossing point as buses exit into Keppel Street.
The walkway is there for pedestrians but no crossing or signal control. This needs to be looked at by all parties concerned, council. Nexus. Building contractor. It should never have been opened until Health and Safety was complete.

Adrian

01 Sep 2019, 7:34 pm #50

(06 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm)ifm001 There is also an issue with their being no crossing point as buses exit into Keppel Street.

My first visit to South Shields yesterday since the opening and I have to agree that the bus entry/exit point is awful. Keppel Street Bus Station is all but demolished now.

I've written a small piece on it here: https://busesandbeyond.wordpress.com/2019/09/01/south-shields-interchange/

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Sep 2019, 7:34 pm #50

(06 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm)ifm001 There is also an issue with their being no crossing point as buses exit into Keppel Street.

My first visit to South Shields yesterday since the opening and I have to agree that the bus entry/exit point is awful. Keppel Street Bus Station is all but demolished now.

I've written a small piece on it here: https://busesandbeyond.wordpress.com/2019/09/01/south-shields-interchange/

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

12 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm #51

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/poli...lor-540834

Councillors thoughts on changes following new bus station opening.

Andreos1
12 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm #51

12 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm #52

(12 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm)Andreos1

Seems to me like they're just trying to shove the blame onto the bus companies for changing the routes

streetdeckfan
12 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm #52

(12 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm)Andreos1

Seems to me like they're just trying to shove the blame onto the bus companies for changing the routes

busmanT

12 Sep 2019, 9:53 pm #53

(12 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm)streetdeckfan

The Council would have known exactly what the changes were months in advance as the whole scheme is part of their master plan! and the options are limited

busmanT
12 Sep 2019, 9:53 pm #53

(12 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm)streetdeckfan

The Council would have known exactly what the changes were months in advance as the whole scheme is part of their master plan! and the options are limited

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average