Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (40) Previous 113 14 1540 Next
S813 FVK

01 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm #261
(01 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm)aureolin Although we actually know that citaro5284 has access to the information he hints towards... Smile

Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...
S813 FVK
01 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm #261

(01 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm)aureolin Although we actually know that citaro5284 has access to the information he hints towards... Smile

Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...

01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm #262
(01 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm)Robert Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...

I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

Lots of red and it's either white or grey, fully or partially along the bottom.

That's all that I'm allowed to tell you and it might be giving a bit more away then I should be.
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm #262

(01 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm)Robert Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...

I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

That's all that I'm allowed to tell you and it might be giving a bit more away then I should be.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm #263
(01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm)Tommy_1581 I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

If you have a photograph of it or a source, you may as well just share it.
Dan
01 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm #263

(01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm)Tommy_1581 I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm #264
(01 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm)Dan Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad, of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm #264

(01 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm)Dan Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad, of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...

01 Mar 2015, 2:40 pm #265
(01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm)Tommy_1581 I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad can I?  

Then stop leading people on!
R852 PRG
01 Mar 2015, 2:40 pm #265

(01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm)Tommy_1581 I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad can I?  

Then stop leading people on!

S813 FVK

01 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm #266

Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.
Edited 01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
01 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm #266

Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.

Tom

01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm #267
(01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm)Tommy_1581 I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png] can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png], of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...

Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?
Tom
01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm #267

(01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm)Tommy_1581 I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png] can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png], of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...

Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?

S813 FVK

01 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm #268
(01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm)Tom Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?

Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.
S813 FVK
01 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm #268

(01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm)Tom Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?

Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.

01 Mar 2015, 2:51 pm #269
(01 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm)Robert Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.

I actually like the temporary vinyls, think they look rather smart on the silver base livery.
R852 PRG
01 Mar 2015, 2:51 pm #269

(01 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm)Robert Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.

I actually like the temporary vinyls, think they look rather smart on the silver base livery.

01 Mar 2015, 3:02 pm #270
(01 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm)Robert Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.

I don't know how he got a photo, I'm just passing the information onto you lot. For further information on when and where the train will be click here: 1S13 1100 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley 

Thanks.
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2015, 3:02 pm #270

(01 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm)Robert Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.

I don't know how he got a photo, I'm just passing the information onto you lot. For further information on when and where the train will be click here: 1S13 1100 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley 

Thanks.

mb134

01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm #271
Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

Is there a reason for the sort of secrecy behind this livery?
mb134
01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm #271

Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

S813 FVK

01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm #272
(01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm)mb134 Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Him saying 'that's all i can say' suggests that is a secret. However, if it was a secret, would the company (or whoever took the photo) wouldn't have released it out to this unknown enthusiast who has then shared it (or just shown it) to Tommy which has given him the knowledge of what the livery looks like. The fact that the livery is going to go public tomorrow when the first train enters service just makes it even more pointless to keep it hidden. One could argue that we only need to wait 24 hours which is correct but surely releasing the train's appearance 24 hours in advance isn't going to hurt too much either.

This is just my opinion and no hard feelings should be drawn from it but as Tommy isn't a reliable source, he isn't naming his source (who has supposedly asked to remain anonymous) which makes it difficult for me to believe, i am going to chose not to believe it. You wouldn't go to court without evidence so i don't think this should be any different (only its not a court, obviously Tongue )
S813 FVK
01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm #272

(01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm)mb134 Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Him saying 'that's all i can say' suggests that is a secret. However, if it was a secret, would the company (or whoever took the photo) wouldn't have released it out to this unknown enthusiast who has then shared it (or just shown it) to Tommy which has given him the knowledge of what the livery looks like. The fact that the livery is going to go public tomorrow when the first train enters service just makes it even more pointless to keep it hidden. One could argue that we only need to wait 24 hours which is correct but surely releasing the train's appearance 24 hours in advance isn't going to hurt too much either.

This is just my opinion and no hard feelings should be drawn from it but as Tommy isn't a reliable source, he isn't naming his source (who has supposedly asked to remain anonymous) which makes it difficult for me to believe, i am going to chose not to believe it. You wouldn't go to court without evidence so i don't think this should be any different (only its not a court, obviously Tongue )

mb134

01 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm #273
(01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm)Robert No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Ahh I thought the train with the new livery was meant to enter service today, 91103 or something? Which was why I was a bit puzzled as to why they hadn't posted it on social media, and as to why there were no other pictures of it anywhere. Wink

I just assumed there was secrecy surrounding it as, again, there are no pictures or mass concrete knowledge of what it is, (not doubting Tommy, it's just as he is the only person on here who knows what it is,  I'd be more inclined to believe it was not a secret if there were more people on here that did know, if that makes sense Smile  )
mb134
01 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm #273

(01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm)Robert No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Ahh I thought the train with the new livery was meant to enter service today, 91103 or something? Which was why I was a bit puzzled as to why they hadn't posted it on social media, and as to why there were no other pictures of it anywhere. Wink

I just assumed there was secrecy surrounding it as, again, there are no pictures or mass concrete knowledge of what it is, (not doubting Tommy, it's just as he is the only person on here who knows what it is,  I'd be more inclined to believe it was not a secret if there were more people on here that did know, if that makes sense Smile  )

01 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm #274
Quite looking forward to these proposed plans to extend some services to Sunderland, Middlesbrough, etc.
R852 PRG
01 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm #274

Quite looking forward to these proposed plans to extend some services to Sunderland, Middlesbrough, etc.

01 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm #275
I can't post the images on here, I do not hold the image.

If you want the name of the person please PM me.

Thanks
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm #275

I can't post the images on here, I do not hold the image.

If you want the name of the person please PM me.

Thanks

MurdnunoC

01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm #276

While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

Time will tell whether Tommy is right or wrong.  
MurdnunoC
01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm #276

While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

S813 FVK

01 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm #277
(01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)MurdnunoC While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed[Image: arrow-10x10.png] within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

That is just my opinion of the situation and i didn't say i had a problem with his source wishing to remain anonymous. I'm just simply stating the fact that because he does wish to do so, i am unable to identify if his source is reliable and therefore, in my opinion, i do not want to get my hopes up (not that i need to - its only a train livery) and then be disappointed when it isnt what i was hoping it to be.

Just to clarify my use of 'supposedly' which could throw people off a bit: i used this to emphasize my doubt of the topic in question. I dont mean he isnt telling a lie - he might be correct and if he is, i will openly apologise for my doubt as i have never once said that he was wrong.
Edited 01 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
01 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm #277

(01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)MurdnunoC While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed[Image: arrow-10x10.png] within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

That is just my opinion of the situation and i didn't say i had a problem with his source wishing to remain anonymous. I'm just simply stating the fact that because he does wish to do so, i am unable to identify if his source is reliable and therefore, in my opinion, i do not want to get my hopes up (not that i need to - its only a train livery) and then be disappointed when it isnt what i was hoping it to be.

Just to clarify my use of 'supposedly' which could throw people off a bit: i used this to emphasize my doubt of the topic in question. I dont mean he isnt telling a lie - he might be correct and if he is, i will openly apologise for my doubt as i have never once said that he was wrong.

LeeCalder

01 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm #278
Tommy is actually telling the truth. I was at NCL whilst he and 2 others were there yesterday and another person who I actually didn't know had the image.
LeeCalder
01 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm #278

Tommy is actually telling the truth. I was at NCL whilst he and 2 others were there yesterday and another person who I actually didn't know had the image.

Andreos1

02 Mar 2015, 8:58 am #279
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31621300

A canny article on privatisation versus nationalisation.
The tory MP seems to be under the misapprehension that the VTEC have sorted out the new stock on the line though.
Here's me thinking the deals had been agreed way back before the line was put up for tender and would have brought about the benefits he mentions, without the need to whore it out.
Edited 02 Mar 2015, 9:00 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Mar 2015, 8:58 am #279

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31621300

A canny article on privatisation versus nationalisation.
The tory MP seems to be under the misapprehension that the VTEC have sorted out the new stock on the line though.
Here's me thinking the deals had been agreed way back before the line was put up for tender and would have brought about the benefits he mentions, without the need to whore it out.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

GuyParkRoyal

02 Mar 2015, 9:15 am #280
SSID on wifi updated to VirginTrainsEC wifi with new Virgin Trains landing page. My train running 6 mins late and in reverse format not a good start for VTEC
GuyParkRoyal
02 Mar 2015, 9:15 am #280

SSID on wifi updated to VirginTrainsEC wifi with new Virgin Trains landing page. My train running 6 mins late and in reverse format not a good start for VTEC

Pages (40) Previous 113 14 1540 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average