Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (24) Previous 122 23 24 Next
JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 6:16 pm #441

(30 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm)streetdeckfan

But when the toilet is blocked in the pub, everyone speculates as to who did it! Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

We all know it's youTongue

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 6:16 pm #441

(30 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm)streetdeckfan

But when the toilet is blocked in the pub, everyone speculates as to who did it! Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm #442

But in all fairness I think of the main discussion page for feedback, ideas/ thoughts and suggestions, news.

You only have to look at the number of pages for each month and you'll see theirs a huge increase in comments when new buses arrive and everyone is giving their feedback and thoughts on new brands/ interior spec/ vehicle allocation etc. Or when buses are refurbed/ repainted.  For example I would really like peoples thoughts on what's next for interior bus spec? We have wifi, charging points, NSA, tables. What's next?

Dan's commented on twitter that all single deckers going forward will go back to having TFT monitors. What do we think of that? What features do we think will be a natural future progression? Bonkette style seats at the rear? Coffee machines as previously suggested for X9/X10? Digital cove displays?

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm #442

But in all fairness I think of the main discussion page for feedback, ideas/ thoughts and suggestions, news.

You only have to look at the number of pages for each month and you'll see theirs a huge increase in comments when new buses arrive and everyone is giving their feedback and thoughts on new brands/ interior spec/ vehicle allocation etc. Or when buses are refurbed/ repainted.  For example I would really like peoples thoughts on what's next for interior bus spec? We have wifi, charging points, NSA, tables. What's next?

Dan's commented on twitter that all single deckers going forward will go back to having TFT monitors. What do we think of that? What features do we think will be a natural future progression? Bonkette style seats at the rear? Coffee machines as previously suggested for X9/X10? Digital cove displays?

30 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm #443

(30 Sep 2019, 6:03 pm)JP6004

I dont believe it was necessarily what was said, I think it was the fact that this forum wouldnt be the place to raise the issue, as it should be taken up with GNE who can rectify it.

To be fair I saw the post but it's not really a discussion point. In my opinion, noting the misspelling of Gateshead on a timetable or a rough sounding bus on this forum wasnt worth the effort to type. But I do however appreciate the fact that people have an eagle eye or ear and can report these things.

To me it's the same as the odd workings thread, unless its particularly note worthy like an Angel Streetdeck on the 20 etc, i dont think it's worth the effort reporting on things like corp versa on the 35 instead of a corp Scania.

Although I do think it's pointless, I have no issue with the odd workings thread as it's separated and doesn't get in the way of things.

I do however think if a discussion is worth having, it should have it's own space and this should only be used for general discussions

Maybe things like timetable issues and the state of the fleet (and perhaps even this discussion!) should have their own place in Other Discussion rather than cluttering up this thread

As the title of this topic suggests, this thread is for Latest News and Discussion, which depending on how you read that, could mean that it's only for the latest news and the discussion of said news.

(30 Sep 2019, 6:16 pm)JP6004

I have a policy of only using my own facilities unless in an emergency situation!

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm #443

(30 Sep 2019, 6:03 pm)JP6004

I dont believe it was necessarily what was said, I think it was the fact that this forum wouldnt be the place to raise the issue, as it should be taken up with GNE who can rectify it.

To be fair I saw the post but it's not really a discussion point. In my opinion, noting the misspelling of Gateshead on a timetable or a rough sounding bus on this forum wasnt worth the effort to type. But I do however appreciate the fact that people have an eagle eye or ear and can report these things.

To me it's the same as the odd workings thread, unless its particularly note worthy like an Angel Streetdeck on the 20 etc, i dont think it's worth the effort reporting on things like corp versa on the 35 instead of a corp Scania.

Although I do think it's pointless, I have no issue with the odd workings thread as it's separated and doesn't get in the way of things.

I do however think if a discussion is worth having, it should have it's own space and this should only be used for general discussions

Maybe things like timetable issues and the state of the fleet (and perhaps even this discussion!) should have their own place in Other Discussion rather than cluttering up this thread

As the title of this topic suggests, this thread is for Latest News and Discussion, which depending on how you read that, could mean that it's only for the latest news and the discussion of said news.

(30 Sep 2019, 6:16 pm)JP6004

I have a policy of only using my own facilities unless in an emergency situation!

30 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm #444

Do we have any idea as of yet how many buses Wright had ready for GNE. I know two were pictured outside the factory but no word on how far along the rest were.

If the issues with Wright do go more south than they already have, are we likely to see those two street decks still on there way to GNE with them being used on the X21 as the 2 new buses, after a short repaint to follow through with the original plans on the X21.

Arcticrossy92
30 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm #444

Do we have any idea as of yet how many buses Wright had ready for GNE. I know two were pictured outside the factory but no word on how far along the rest were.

If the issues with Wright do go more south than they already have, are we likely to see those two street decks still on there way to GNE with them being used on the X21 as the 2 new buses, after a short repaint to follow through with the original plans on the X21.

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 6:51 pm #445

(30 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm)Arcticrossy92

I'd imagine at least 3. As Cmba06 said yesterday, you wouldnt imagine they would move to different colour scheme after 1 bus. I'd imagine 2 blue Xlines have been done with at least 1 green

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 6:51 pm #445

I'd imagine at least 3. As Cmba06 said yesterday, you wouldnt imagine they would move to different colour scheme after 1 bus. I'd imagine 2 blue Xlines have been done with at least 1 green

Stanleyone

30 Sep 2019, 6:54 pm #446

In my opinion I would think that both blue are complete and the 1 green as seen in photo, I would imagine that a few others might not have been far off, will we see them, I suppose it would depend on the warranty issue. I think the major sticking point on the viability of Wrights is the owners “charitable” donations to the church and the extortionate rent being quoted by said owner of land and church.

Stanleyone
30 Sep 2019, 6:54 pm #446

In my opinion I would think that both blue are complete and the 1 green as seen in photo, I would imagine that a few others might not have been far off, will we see them, I suppose it would depend on the warranty issue. I think the major sticking point on the viability of Wrights is the owners “charitable” donations to the church and the extortionate rent being quoted by said owner of land and church.

30 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm #447

(30 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm)JP6004

I personally think the spec of the Angel StreetDecks is about as good as you can get without making compromises on capacity. Plus, I've already made my preference for leather seats clear, if only because they're easier to clean, especially with the kind of people that travel on the X21 on a night. I was on once where someone managed to spill a bottle of Lambrini all over the table, seats and floor while trying to fill my empty coffee cup that they'd just came over and taken!

I prefer the LED displays from a convenience perspective because they're easier to read, but if what Dan is saying is true and you can actually read them from the back of the bus, then I think my preference may change! The displays on the 10 are absolutely awful, when they are working that is, and as someone who doesn't really know the area (despite living in the area most my life!) it makes getting off at the right stop quite difficult.

I'm a simple man when it comes to bus seating, but there are a few reasons why I prefer sitting at a table, the first is purely down to leg room! If I was able to sit at a regular seat without scraping my knees I would sit there. I also use the table to put my laptop on so I can work while travelling, but I could just put it on my lap if there was adequate leg room. Thirdly, I also prefer sitting backwards. I don't particularly like sitting sideways, it's one of the reasons I never really liked the Tube when I was down in London.

As for coffee machines, assuming they use the same coffee machine that they have in Spoons, I'm all in! If they use Starbucks, then I'd rather drink battery acid!

I think if a buyer isn't found, assuming they're near enough finished, the administrators might choose to sell those StreetDecks to GNE, but if I were GNE at that point I would probably just walk away as with no warranty it probably isn't worth the hassle

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm #447

I personally think the spec of the Angel StreetDecks is about as good as you can get without making compromises on capacity. Plus, I've already made my preference for leather seats clear, if only because they're easier to clean, especially with the kind of people that travel on the X21 on a night. I was on once where someone managed to spill a bottle of Lambrini all over the table, seats and floor while trying to fill my empty coffee cup that they'd just came over and taken!

I prefer the LED displays from a convenience perspective because they're easier to read, but if what Dan is saying is true and you can actually read them from the back of the bus, then I think my preference may change! The displays on the 10 are absolutely awful, when they are working that is, and as someone who doesn't really know the area (despite living in the area most my life!) it makes getting off at the right stop quite difficult.

I'm a simple man when it comes to bus seating, but there are a few reasons why I prefer sitting at a table, the first is purely down to leg room! If I was able to sit at a regular seat without scraping my knees I would sit there. I also use the table to put my laptop on so I can work while travelling, but I could just put it on my lap if there was adequate leg room. Thirdly, I also prefer sitting backwards. I don't particularly like sitting sideways, it's one of the reasons I never really liked the Tube when I was down in London.

As for coffee machines, assuming they use the same coffee machine that they have in Spoons, I'm all in! If they use Starbucks, then I'd rather drink battery acid!

I think if a buyer isn't found, assuming they're near enough finished, the administrators might choose to sell those StreetDecks to GNE, but if I were GNE at that point I would probably just walk away as with no warranty it probably isn't worth the hassle

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 7:09 pm #448

(30 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm)streetdeckfan

I'd really like to see under the stairs utilised in some fashion, whether it is coffee machine, extra luggage bay, or umbrella stand Tongue

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 7:09 pm #448

(30 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm)streetdeckfan

I'd really like to see under the stairs utilised in some fashion, whether it is coffee machine, extra luggage bay, or umbrella stand Tongue

30 Sep 2019, 7:15 pm #449

(30 Sep 2019, 7:09 pm)JP6004

I'd really like to see under the stairs utilised in some fashion, whether it is coffee machine, extra luggage bay, or umbrella stand Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

Oh, don't even get me started on the lack of umbrella storage on buses!

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 7:15 pm #449

(30 Sep 2019, 7:09 pm)JP6004

I'd really like to see under the stairs utilised in some fashion, whether it is coffee machine, extra luggage bay, or umbrella stand Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

Oh, don't even get me started on the lack of umbrella storage on buses!

Andreos1

30 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm #450

See, I think if that sort information about the TFT monitors was shared on here - then straight away, there's a discussion point.

If it's not mentioned on here and people don't stumble across it elsewhere, then it can't be talked about nor discussed.

I'm a big fan of them and much prefer them to the doctors surgery style LED screens that appeared.

As for the bonkette seating...

Id no idea what that was! Thought it was something kinky until I searched and realised my kitchen has it!

Mrs C just described it as wooden benches in an L shape when the kitchen was getting done.

Alan Partridge has a less classy version in his caravan.

.jpg
CZMTNuZWkAAfnZg.jpg
Size 42.53 KB / Downloads 15

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm #450

See, I think if that sort information about the TFT monitors was shared on here - then straight away, there's a discussion point.

If it's not mentioned on here and people don't stumble across it elsewhere, then it can't be talked about nor discussed.

I'm a big fan of them and much prefer them to the doctors surgery style LED screens that appeared.

Id no idea what that was! Thought it was something kinky until I searched and realised my kitchen has it!

Mrs C just described it as wooden benches in an L shape when the kitchen was getting done.

.jpg
CZMTNuZWkAAfnZg.jpg
Size 42.53 KB / Downloads 15

30 Sep 2019, 7:29 pm #451

(30 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm)Andreos1

I prefer them, when they're well executed! The TFT displays they used in the past on the B9s were awful. You could barely read them because the screen were so dim and you saw the Windows desktop more than you saw the next stop!

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 7:29 pm #451

I prefer them, when they're well executed! The TFT displays they used in the past on the B9s were awful. You could barely read them because the screen were so dim and you saw the Windows desktop more than you saw the next stop!

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm #452

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue

MG had post on twitter of bus with bonkette seating and did look quite good at back of DD. But cant see it being brought up here yet.

Yes I agree TFT are better and the new ones seem to be lot better than ones on B9s etc. Also it does serve a useful purpose of being an NSA but also as an advertising board. Dan posted pic of the better fares being displayed on it and also someone commented saying they could be used to advertise walks etc across the region that connect with GNE services

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm #452

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue

MG had post on twitter of bus with bonkette seating and did look quite good at back of DD. But cant see it being brought up here yet.

Yes I agree TFT are better and the new ones seem to be lot better than ones on B9s etc. Also it does serve a useful purpose of being an NSA but also as an advertising board. Dan posted pic of the better fares being displayed on it and also someone commented saying they could be used to advertise walks etc across the region that connect with GNE services

30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm #453

(30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm)JP6004

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

I can only imagine what it would be used for on the back of the X21... in fact, I don't want to imagine it!

I wonder if the new StreetDecks for the X21 would have had the TFT displays fitted, would mean 2 lots of NSAs to keep up to date

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm #453

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

I can only imagine what it would be used for on the back of the X21... in fact, I don't want to imagine it!

I wonder if the new StreetDecks for the X21 would have had the TFT displays fitted, would mean 2 lots of NSAs to keep up to date

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm #454

(30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm)streetdeckfan

Think Dan said for new DD it would be TFT downstairs and LED upstairs. Yes and use hand rails for the handcuffs

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm #454

(30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm)streetdeckfan

Think Dan said for new DD it would be TFT downstairs and LED upstairs. Yes and use hand rails for the handcuffs

30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm #455

(30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm)JP6004

Shame, I would have thought they'd go with one or the other instead of mixing them. Although, I suppose the TFT would block quite a bit of the view like it does on the B5s

I think handcuffs are too tame for some of the people I've seen on there!

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm #455

(30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm)JP6004

Shame, I would have thought they'd go with one or the other instead of mixing them. Although, I suppose the TFT would block quite a bit of the view like it does on the B5s

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm #456

(30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm)streetdeckfan

Haha very true. I think it's because CCTV TFT monitor downstairs so makes sense to use same screen

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm #456

(30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm)streetdeckfan

Haha very true. I think it's because CCTV TFT monitor downstairs so makes sense to use same screen

Andreos1

30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm #457

After reading a review from the long gone Adam about his trip to Scarborough on the X93 a few years back - I think they need to do all they can to stop kinkiness on buses!

The poor lad was haunted!

Andreos1
30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm #457

After reading a review from the long gone Adam about his trip to Scarborough on the X93 a few years back - I think they need to do all they can to stop kinkiness on buses!

The poor lad was haunted!

Jimmi

30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm #458

6302 now back in service in the 2019 corporate livery

[Image: 48822186588_7d068a5102.jpg]Go North East: 6302 / NK16BXB by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Jimmi
30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm #458

[Image: 48822186588_7d068a5102.jpg]Go North East: 6302 / NK16BXB by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

30 Sep 2019, 8:06 pm #459
(30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm)Jimmi

Looks like they put the right logo on this time!
streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 8:06 pm #459

Looks like they put the right logo on this time!

Michael

30 Sep 2019, 8:09 pm #460

The 2019 livery suits the Streetdecks like

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2019, 8:09 pm #460

The 2019 livery suits the Streetdecks like

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (24) Previous 122 23 24 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average