Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (24): Previous 121 22 23 24 Next
Jimmi

29 Sep 2019, 12:08 am #421
(28 Sep 2019, 4:23 pm)Ds1197 Queylink Versa has next stop announcements for the loop 94

Presuming certain types of Riverside buses now have NSAs for 93/94, the B5s certainly have announcements for the Loops now.
Jimmi
29 Sep 2019, 12:08 am #421

(28 Sep 2019, 4:23 pm)Ds1197 Queylink Versa has next stop announcements for the loop 94

Presuming certain types of Riverside buses now have NSAs for 93/94, the B5s certainly have announcements for the Loops now.

29 Sep 2019, 8:06 am #422
Anyone out for Metro Replacements today

6302 is on fresh from Saltmeadows yesterday.

6929 also on.

And 6332 with yours truly driving.

Not sure if anything else is out.[Image: e2ece9e9fec707f7bcef332c33be2d26.jpg]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
scottlowes89
29 Sep 2019, 8:06 am #422

Anyone out for Metro Replacements today

6302 is on fresh from Saltmeadows yesterday.

6929 also on.

And 6332 with yours truly driving.

Not sure if anything else is out.[Image: e2ece9e9fec707f7bcef332c33be2d26.jpg]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

29 Sep 2019, 9:52 am #423
5475 and 5469 barely have black cats branding on passenger side
Citaro5326
29 Sep 2019, 9:52 am #423

5475 and 5469 barely have black cats branding on passenger side

Adrian

29 Sep 2019, 12:31 pm #424

(29 Sep 2019, 9:52 am)Citaro5326 5475 and 5469 barely have black cats branding on passenger side

5475 has been missing branding for nearly 3 months now.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Sep 2019, 12:31 pm #424

(29 Sep 2019, 9:52 am)Citaro5326 5475 and 5469 barely have black cats branding on passenger side

5475 has been missing branding for nearly 3 months now.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

29 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm #425
How is it other routes are getting their NSA updated but the X21 is still without?
I know it's more difficult than I'm making out, but they only had to record 5 new stop names since they already had most of them from the 18
streetdeckfan
29 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm #425

How is it other routes are getting their NSA updated but the X21 is still without?
I know it's more difficult than I'm making out, but they only had to record 5 new stop names since they already had most of them from the 18

V514DFT

29 Sep 2019, 6:24 pm #426

(29 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm)streetdeckfan How is it other routes are getting their NSA updated but the X21 is still without?
Little Coasters dont have NSA's,they used to,but not any more

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
29 Sep 2019, 6:24 pm #426

(29 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm)streetdeckfan How is it other routes are getting their NSA updated but the X21 is still without?
Little Coasters dont have NSA's,they used to,but not any more

Kind Regards
Tez

S830OFT

29 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm #427
With 4944 Tax expiring on Tuesday, is it likely to be withdrawn tommorow?

S830OFT
29 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm #427

With 4944 Tax expiring on Tuesday, is it likely to be withdrawn tommorow?

LeeCalder

30 Sep 2019, 6:40 am #428
The new XLines X30 timetable contains a few errors, Gateshead spelt incorrectly, suggests the X32 arrives in Stanley 4 minutes after the Team Valley.
LeeCalder
30 Sep 2019, 6:40 am #428

The new XLines X30 timetable contains a few errors, Gateshead spelt incorrectly, suggests the X32 arrives in Stanley 4 minutes after the Team Valley.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2019, 6:56 am #429
(30 Sep 2019, 6:40 am)LeeCalder The new XLines X30 timetable contains a few errors, Gateshead spelt incorrectly, suggests the X32 arrives in Stanley 4 minutes after the Team Valley.
They've already been corrected prior to print, just haven't been uploaded to the website yet... but a reminder we're trying to make this forum a discussion thread between enthusiasts, and I'm not sure this would provoke much further discussion had GNE staff not been present here to confirm this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
30 Sep 2019, 6:56 am #429

(30 Sep 2019, 6:40 am)LeeCalder The new XLines X30 timetable contains a few errors, Gateshead spelt incorrectly, suggests the X32 arrives in Stanley 4 minutes after the Team Valley.
They've already been corrected prior to print, just haven't been uploaded to the website yet... but a reminder we're trying to make this forum a discussion thread between enthusiasts, and I'm not sure this would provoke much further discussion had GNE staff not been present here to confirm this.

LeeCalder

30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am #430
(30 Sep 2019, 6:56 am)Dan They've already been corrected prior to print, just haven't been uploaded to the website yet... but a reminder we're trying to make this forum a discussion thread between enthusiasts, and I'm not sure this would provoke much further discussion had GNE staff not been present here to confirm this.

I don't see the problem with my post, are we not able to point out things which are incorrect or may require a certain degree of improvement, from a personal point of view?
LeeCalder
30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am #430

(30 Sep 2019, 6:56 am)Dan They've already been corrected prior to print, just haven't been uploaded to the website yet... but a reminder we're trying to make this forum a discussion thread between enthusiasts, and I'm not sure this would provoke much further discussion had GNE staff not been present here to confirm this.

I don't see the problem with my post, are we not able to point out things which are incorrect or may require a certain degree of improvement, from a personal point of view?

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2019, 9:23 am #431
(30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am)LeeCalder
I just don't know what discussion is going to be generated by it? Depends what your intention was behind the post - to have an answer, to get it corrected, or just to point out something was wrong?

If you look back at recent posts, questions are being asked with no answers given and the discussion stops. That's not a discussion forum, it's a Q&A thread.

Dan
30 Sep 2019, 9:23 am #431

(30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am)LeeCalder
I just don't know what discussion is going to be generated by it? Depends what your intention was behind the post - to have an answer, to get it corrected, or just to point out something was wrong?

If you look back at recent posts, questions are being asked with no answers given and the discussion stops. That's not a discussion forum, it's a Q&A thread.

LeeCalder

30 Sep 2019, 9:32 am #432
(30 Sep 2019, 9:23 am)Dan I just don't know what discussion is going to be generated by it? Depends what your intention was behind the post - to have an answer, to get it corrected, or just to point out something was wrong?

To point out something was wrong Dan, I can only assume that's would others would have thought, also.

I'm not trying to attack the company, which based upon your reaction appears to be your feeling towards my post, I'm quite literally pointing out there was an error on the timetable.

I think there's a lot of good happening at Go North East.
LeeCalder
30 Sep 2019, 9:32 am #432

(30 Sep 2019, 9:23 am)Dan I just don't know what discussion is going to be generated by it? Depends what your intention was behind the post - to have an answer, to get it corrected, or just to point out something was wrong?

To point out something was wrong Dan, I can only assume that's would others would have thought, also.

I'm not trying to attack the company, which based upon your reaction appears to be your feeling towards my post, I'm quite literally pointing out there was an error on the timetable.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2019, 9:50 am #433
(30 Sep 2019, 9:32 am)LeeCalder

No, not seeing it as an attack at all.

Just saying, as I have done to others previously, that the discussion on this forum compared to other sites has taken a turn for the worst. There's no discussion anymore, it's just questions expecting answers, or statements with no following discussion.

Posts are seemingly made with the expectation of an explanation (which appeared to be the intention of your post). There's less discussion in the Arriva and Stagecoach threads but seems to be more engaging when there is a discussion, would be my personal view.

Looking for ways in which to improve the quality of discussion and debate - something which this site was renowned for, a few years back. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to drop me a PM.

Dan
30 Sep 2019, 9:50 am #433

(30 Sep 2019, 9:32 am)LeeCalder

No, not seeing it as an attack at all.

Just saying, as I have done to others previously, that the discussion on this forum compared to other sites has taken a turn for the worst. There's no discussion anymore, it's just questions expecting answers, or statements with no following discussion.

Posts are seemingly made with the expectation of an explanation (which appeared to be the intention of your post). There's less discussion in the Arriva and Stagecoach threads but seems to be more engaging when there is a discussion, would be my personal view.

Looking for ways in which to improve the quality of discussion and debate - something which this site was renowned for, a few years back. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to drop me a PM.

Andreos1

30 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm #434

(30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am)LeeCalder I don't see the problem with my post, are we not able to point out things which are incorrect or may require a certain degree of improvement, from a personal point of view?

It's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

I remember one published timetable which had the Houghton - Easington Lane Nexus service at the time, going via Seaham!

Lack of attention to detail on published documents, isn't ideal at all.

Mind, they're not the only one.

The ANE changes posted recently, had both the X21 and X22 going from Darlington, despite the X22 information referring to N Tees Hospital.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm #434

(30 Sep 2019, 8:46 am)LeeCalder I don't see the problem with my post, are we not able to point out things which are incorrect or may require a certain degree of improvement, from a personal point of view?

It's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

I remember one published timetable which had the Houghton - Easington Lane Nexus service at the time, going via Seaham!

Lack of attention to detail on published documents, isn't ideal at all.

Mind, they're not the only one.

The ANE changes posted recently, had both the X21 and X22 going from Darlington, despite the X22 information referring to N Tees Hospital.

V514DFT

30 Sep 2019, 3:34 pm #435
Sounds like 693 needs greasing,was making this weird grinding noise when i was on it before

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
30 Sep 2019, 3:34 pm #435

Sounds like 693 needs greasing,was making this weird grinding noise when i was on it before

Kind Regards
Tez

30 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm #436

(30 Sep 2019, 9:50 am)Dan No, not seeing it as an attack at all.

The question is though how does one define the 'quality of discussion', is it measured purely on the amount of discussion, the amount of research that is put into responses, whether or not a user asks a question that would be better suited to a GNE employee even if a forum user would know the answer and be able to help.

I feel like one of the things that kills discussion the most is only having one thread dedicated to discussion, we could all be having a nice little discussion about bus related things, and someone could come in say something different and suddenly that discussion is ended.

Obviously I'm not one of the OG members so I don't know the reason behind it being set up the way it is, but other forums I frequent allow users to create a thread for each discussion, which I feel helps keep the discussion going as there won't be interruptions

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm #436

(30 Sep 2019, 9:50 am)Dan No, not seeing it as an attack at all.

The question is though how does one define the 'quality of discussion', is it measured purely on the amount of discussion, the amount of research that is put into responses, whether or not a user asks a question that would be better suited to a GNE employee even if a forum user would know the answer and be able to help.

I feel like one of the things that kills discussion the most is only having one thread dedicated to discussion, we could all be having a nice little discussion about bus related things, and someone could come in say something different and suddenly that discussion is ended.

Obviously I'm not one of the OG members so I don't know the reason behind it being set up the way it is, but other forums I frequent allow users to create a thread for each discussion, which I feel helps keep the discussion going as there won't be interruptions

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 5:25 pm #437

(30 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm)streetdeckfan

I think what Dan's getting at is that issues relating to timetables either paper or online, vehicle mechanical/ internal defects and timekeeping etc should be raised direct with GNE as they will be able to rectify these things......I mean if the toilets blocked in the pub, you tell the bar staff not the punters.

To be fair when I'm having a pint, you generally have chit chat about certain topics, you dont have a massive debate about the chipped varnish on the bar...

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 5:25 pm #437

(30 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm)streetdeckfan

I think what Dan's getting at is that issues relating to timetables either paper or online, vehicle mechanical/ internal defects and timekeeping etc should be raised direct with GNE as they will be able to rectify these things......I mean if the toilets blocked in the pub, you tell the bar staff not the punters.

To be fair when I'm having a pint, you generally have chit chat about certain topics, you dont have a massive debate about the chipped varnish on the bar...

30 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm #438

(30 Sep 2019, 5:25 pm)JP6004

But when the toilet is blocked in the pub, everyone speculates as to who did it! Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

streetdeckfan
30 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm #438

But when the toilet is blocked in the pub, everyone speculates as to who did it! Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Andreos1

30 Sep 2019, 5:40 pm #439

You need to try and get to better places than Spoons in Whickham then Wink

Seriously though, I cant see the issue in what Lee has posted.

If a post provokes discussion or at least a response, great.

If it doesn't (like the one a few posts above this one about a bus sounding rough), then there's no harm done.

I get the point about the endless questions, but again they sometimes a response and discussion.

If people have an issue with a lack of discussion or debate, surely it's not too difficult for them to start one off and/or engage in others.

Andreos1
30 Sep 2019, 5:40 pm #439

If it doesn't (like the one a few posts above this one about a bus sounding rough), then there's no harm done.

I get the point about the endless questions, but again they sometimes a response and discussion.

If people have an issue with a lack of discussion or debate, surely it's not too difficult for them to start one off and/or engage in others.

JP6004

30 Sep 2019, 6:03 pm #440

(30 Sep 2019, 5:40 pm)Andreos1

I dont believe it was necessarily what was said, I think it was the fact that this forum wouldnt be the place to raise the issue, as it should be taken up with GNE who can rectify it.

To be fair I saw the post but it's not really a discussion point. In my opinion, noting the misspelling of Gateshead on a timetable or a rough sounding bus on this forum wasnt worth the effort to type. But I do however appreciate the fact that people have an eagle eye or ear and can report these things.

To me it's the same as the odd workings thread, unless its particularly note worthy like an Angel Streetdeck on the 20 etc, i dont think it's worth the effort reporting on things like corp versa on the 35 instead of a corp Scania.

JP6004
30 Sep 2019, 6:03 pm #440

(30 Sep 2019, 5:40 pm)Andreos1

I dont believe it was necessarily what was said, I think it was the fact that this forum wouldnt be the place to raise the issue, as it should be taken up with GNE who can rectify it.

To be fair I saw the post but it's not really a discussion point. In my opinion, noting the misspelling of Gateshead on a timetable or a rough sounding bus on this forum wasnt worth the effort to type. But I do however appreciate the fact that people have an eagle eye or ear and can report these things.

To me it's the same as the odd workings thread, unless its particularly note worthy like an Angel Streetdeck on the 20 etc, i dont think it's worth the effort reporting on things like corp versa on the 35 instead of a corp Scania.

Pages (24): Previous 121 22 23 24 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average