Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Last bus 730pm

Last bus 730pm

Last bus 730pm

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rob44

26 Sep 2019, 11:07 am #1

I moan about my service but at least its not as bad as this ( yet)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-49816714

Rob44
26 Sep 2019, 11:07 am #1

I moan about my service but at least its not as bad as this ( yet)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-49816714

26 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm #2
It's like with the X21, the last 'direct' bus I can now get from Newcastle to Tindale leaves Newcastle at 16:05, which for anyone who works normal hours is absolutely useless. When they first extended the X21 to Tindale in May, the last direct journey left an hour later which was a lot more useful, but with the changes in a few weeks ago they cut the last two direct journeys to just Bishop Bus Station.
Now granted there is still the Arriva 6 that I can catch from Bishop to Tindale, but that is an extra £1.40 per journey that I wouldn't have had to spend.

The worst part is, if I want to leave Newcastle after 9pm which I often do, I either have to wait around in Durham Bus Station for 40 minutes (with heat) and pay an extra £5 for the 6, or wait around in Bishop Bus Station for 40 minutes (outside in the freezing cold) and only pay an extra £1.40 for the 6.
I'd imagine the reason the wait time is so long is because GNE want to pick up the passengers who have just missed the 6.

Plus, they don't serve Tindale at all on a Sunday, which seems crazy to me, they're missing out on quite a few people who would want to go shopping
streetdeckfan
26 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm #2

It's like with the X21, the last 'direct' bus I can now get from Newcastle to Tindale leaves Newcastle at 16:05, which for anyone who works normal hours is absolutely useless. When they first extended the X21 to Tindale in May, the last direct journey left an hour later which was a lot more useful, but with the changes in a few weeks ago they cut the last two direct journeys to just Bishop Bus Station.
Now granted there is still the Arriva 6 that I can catch from Bishop to Tindale, but that is an extra £1.40 per journey that I wouldn't have had to spend.

The worst part is, if I want to leave Newcastle after 9pm which I often do, I either have to wait around in Durham Bus Station for 40 minutes (with heat) and pay an extra £5 for the 6, or wait around in Bishop Bus Station for 40 minutes (outside in the freezing cold) and only pay an extra £1.40 for the 6.
I'd imagine the reason the wait time is so long is because GNE want to pick up the passengers who have just missed the 6.

Plus, they don't serve Tindale at all on a Sunday, which seems crazy to me, they're missing out on quite a few people who would want to go shopping

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average