Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (21) Previous 117 18 1921 Next
26 Nov 2019, 11:41 am #341
Could be anything...
Passenger taken ill
Driver Taken ill
Someone being sick or soiling themselves
Vandelism
An accident.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
26 Nov 2019, 11:41 am #341

Could be anything...
Passenger taken ill
Driver Taken ill
Vandelism
An accident.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

26 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm #342
(26 Nov 2019, 11:41 am)Rapidsnap Could be anything...
Passenger taken ill
Driver Taken ill
Vandelism
An accident.

I've had most of those things happen while I've been on the bus.

The best one was with some drunk youths (must have been 12 or 13) and one managed to be sick in 3 different places on the 45 then was adamant that he hadn't been. Or when a dog 'soiled themselves' on the X66 and the owners just got off and left it on the floor.

The most inconvenient one for me was when I was going to see a friend off who was leaving for 6 months and somebody 'decided' that would be the perfect time to get ill on the 10!
streetdeckfan
26 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm #342

(26 Nov 2019, 11:41 am)Rapidsnap Could be anything...
Passenger taken ill
Driver Taken ill
Vandelism
An accident.

I've had most of those things happen while I've been on the bus.

The best one was with some drunk youths (must have been 12 or 13) and one managed to be sick in 3 different places on the 45 then was adamant that he hadn't been. Or when a dog 'soiled themselves' on the X66 and the owners just got off and left it on the floor.

The most inconvenient one for me was when I was going to see a friend off who was leaving for 6 months and somebody 'decided' that would be the perfect time to get ill on the 10!

26 Nov 2019, 5:08 pm #343
Oh dear how selfish of them to take ill and inconvinent you, some people cannot help it if they suddenly become ill.

Rapidsnap
26 Nov 2019, 5:08 pm #343

Oh dear how selfish of them to take ill and inconvinent you, some people cannot help it if they suddenly become ill.

26 Nov 2019, 7:01 pm #344
(26 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm)streetdeckfan I've had most of those things happen while I've been on the bus.

Fair enough, the 12-year-olds being drunk and the dog owners walking off after their pet had a shit on the bus is ridiculous; however, people don't randomly decide to chunder on the 10 for the sake of disrupting the service. Kind of have some respect there – they might have been on the way to work and their dickhead boss wouldn't let them have the shift off. You don't know.

When I was in college last year, I went on a trip to London and had to be at the campus for 9 but my bus was late because of all the students getting on and I nearly missed the coach from the college. You can't just complain for reasons like that.

Just saying. Nothing against you or anything and I didn't want to upset you.
BeachBoy99
26 Nov 2019, 7:01 pm #344

(26 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm)streetdeckfan I've had most of those things happen while I've been on the bus.

Fair enough, the 12-year-olds being drunk and the dog owners walking off after their pet had a shit on the bus is ridiculous; however, people don't randomly decide to chunder on the 10 for the sake of disrupting the service. Kind of have some respect there – they might have been on the way to work and their dickhead boss wouldn't let them have the shift off. You don't know.

When I was in college last year, I went on a trip to London and had to be at the campus for 9 but my bus was late because of all the students getting on and I nearly missed the coach from the college. You can't just complain for reasons like that.

26 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm #345
(26 Nov 2019, 7:01 pm)BeachBoy99 Fair enough, the 12-year-olds being drunk and the dog owners walking off after their pet had a shit on the bus is ridiculous; however, people don't randomly decide to chunder on the 10 for the sake of disrupting the service. Kind of have some respect there – they might have been on the way to work and their dickhead boss wouldn't let them have the shift off. You don't know.

I think I worded my comment wrong, it wasn't supposed to come across disrespectful, more sarcastic because I was slightly inconvenienced. Perhaps I should have used a /S at the end!

I don't know how many times I was late to college because the 49 was at capacity so had to wait until the next one and missed my connection.

And don't worry about upsetting/offending me, I really don't care what anybody says about me. As they say, offence can only be taken not given!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
26 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm #345

(26 Nov 2019, 7:01 pm)BeachBoy99 Fair enough, the 12-year-olds being drunk and the dog owners walking off after their pet had a shit on the bus is ridiculous; however, people don't randomly decide to chunder on the 10 for the sake of disrupting the service. Kind of have some respect there – they might have been on the way to work and their dickhead boss wouldn't let them have the shift off. You don't know.

I think I worded my comment wrong, it wasn't supposed to come across disrespectful, more sarcastic because I was slightly inconvenienced. Perhaps I should have used a /S at the end!

I don't know how many times I was late to college because the 49 was at capacity so had to wait until the next one and missed my connection.

And don't worry about upsetting/offending me, I really don't care what anybody says about me. As they say, offence can only be taken not given!

ne14ne1

26 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm #346
(25 Nov 2019, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan That thing is absolutely hideous! 

Yup me & a friend said the same. I can completely appreciate what they did, its just I like clean modern designs, so I wasn't going to like this retro/heritage look. Just down to personal taste.
ne14ne1
26 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm #346

(25 Nov 2019, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan That thing is absolutely hideous! 

Yup me & a friend said the same. I can completely appreciate what they did, its just I like clean modern designs, so I wasn't going to like this retro/heritage look. Just down to personal taste.

26 Nov 2019, 8:42 pm #347
(25 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm)Michael From GNE official fleet fleet:

Optare Solo M950/Optare 710 – 714 (WK59 CWU/CWW/CWX/CWY/CWZ) have been withdrawn from service at Riverside

Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8294, 8295, 8297, 8298 (NK09 FUP/FUT/FUV/FUW) have transferred to Riverside in lieu.

Are the Versa’s likely to be a permanent replacement for 710 - 714, or just temporary until other vehicles are sourced?
thetravelman
26 Nov 2019, 8:42 pm #347

(25 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm)Michael From GNE official fleet fleet:

Optare Solo M950/Optare 710 – 714 (WK59 CWU/CWW/CWX/CWY/CWZ) have been withdrawn from service at Riverside

Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8294, 8295, 8297, 8298 (NK09 FUP/FUT/FUV/FUW) have transferred to Riverside in lieu.

Are the Versa’s likely to be a permanent replacement for 710 - 714, or just temporary until other vehicles are sourced?

Andreos1

26 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm #348
(26 Nov 2019, 8:42 pm)thetravelman Are the Versa’s likely to be a permanent replacement for 710 - 714, or just temporary until other vehicles are sourced?

Based purely on comments on the forum in the past regarding the 'book value' and lifespan of a midi-bus, I'd not expect to see these 10 year old vehicles kicking around too long at all, never mind on these services.

I don't know if the decision to dispose of the Solo's is a lot earlier than planned, but either way - I think it will have an impact on how long these Versa's stay around for.
There's obviously quite a bit of stock coming up to the sort of age where we would expect them to start disappearing.
Im not sure that will be the case, unless we start to see further consolidation and a smaller fleet. 

The investment to replace the Solar's, these Solo's and the older Versa's vehicle for vehicle, will need to be quite significant.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm #348

(26 Nov 2019, 8:42 pm)thetravelman Are the Versa’s likely to be a permanent replacement for 710 - 714, or just temporary until other vehicles are sourced?

Based purely on comments on the forum in the past regarding the 'book value' and lifespan of a midi-bus, I'd not expect to see these 10 year old vehicles kicking around too long at all, never mind on these services.

I don't know if the decision to dispose of the Solo's is a lot earlier than planned, but either way - I think it will have an impact on how long these Versa's stay around for.
There's obviously quite a bit of stock coming up to the sort of age where we would expect them to start disappearing.
Im not sure that will be the case, unless we start to see further consolidation and a smaller fleet. 

The investment to replace the Solar's, these Solo's and the older Versa's vehicle for vehicle, will need to be quite significant.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

27 Nov 2019, 12:02 am #349
Don't think sending buses up Lambton Avenue is doing the vehicle any favours like, the hill is nortoriously steep and more often or not vehicles have to stop part of the way up for either passengers or to let traffic in the opposite direction pass.

Rapidsnap
27 Nov 2019, 12:02 am #349

Don't think sending buses up Lambton Avenue is doing the vehicle any favours like, the hill is nortoriously steep and more often or not vehicles have to stop part of the way up for either passengers or to let traffic in the opposite direction pass.

27 Nov 2019, 12:53 am #350
(26 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm)ne14ne1 Yup me & a friend said the same. I can completely appreciate what they did, its just I like clean modern designs, so I wasn't going to like this retro/heritage look. Just down to personal taste.

Same here, which is why I like the design of the Streetdeck so much. more angles=more better for me!

Having said that, like I said further up, I think it's just the fact they stuck it on a Versa that it looks so bad. I did a quick and dirty Photoshop of what it may have looked like on a Solo and I personally think it looks half decent (the design at least, not my Photoshop skills!)

[Image: bbf4f9ef591e422c990aa4cc60593228.jpg]
streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2019, 12:53 am #350

(26 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm)ne14ne1 Yup me & a friend said the same. I can completely appreciate what they did, its just I like clean modern designs, so I wasn't going to like this retro/heritage look. Just down to personal taste.

Same here, which is why I like the design of the Streetdeck so much. more angles=more better for me!

Having said that, like I said further up, I think it's just the fact they stuck it on a Versa that it looks so bad. I did a quick and dirty Photoshop of what it may have looked like on a Solo and I personally think it looks half decent (the design at least, not my Photoshop skills!)

[Image: bbf4f9ef591e422c990aa4cc60593228.jpg]

ne14ne1

27 Nov 2019, 8:56 am #351
So the Newcastle bound 58s announce the next stop is New Bridge St where the bus terminates, but it actually stops on Market St East first?
So confusing for blind/partially sighted customers, and others if we’re being honest.
ne14ne1
27 Nov 2019, 8:56 am #351

So the Newcastle bound 58s announce the next stop is New Bridge St where the bus terminates, but it actually stops on Market St East first?
So confusing for blind/partially sighted customers, and others if we’re being honest.

LVK 404L

27 Nov 2019, 12:13 pm #352
Has the Panther coach commenced service work yet on X9/X10

Any ideas on what board if so.?
LVK 404L
27 Nov 2019, 12:13 pm #352

Has the Panther coach commenced service work yet on X9/X10

27 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm #353
(27 Nov 2019, 12:13 pm)ifm001 Has the Panther coach commenced service work yet on X9/X10

Monday it enters service from comments seen on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
27 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm #353

(27 Nov 2019, 12:13 pm)ifm001 Has the Panther coach commenced service work yet on X9/X10

Monday it enters service from comments seen on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

27 Nov 2019, 3:12 pm #354
6333 isn't sounding very healthy today, engine is a lot rougher than usual

streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2019, 3:12 pm #354

6333 isn't sounding very healthy today, engine is a lot rougher than usual

27 Nov 2019, 6:45 pm #355
(27 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm)TEN 6083 Monday it enters service from comments seen on Facebook

Bloody typical, I'm at work on Monday, then I'm at a Funeral at Tuesday then away down South from after that for the rest of the week.
The Panther was nowhere to be seen at Riverside depot. I was lucky with the BooBee bus as it was replaced by 3983 on the X9 due to late running. Just as well it returned NIS from Newcastle over the High Level to where I was parked.

Rapidsnap
27 Nov 2019, 6:45 pm #355

(27 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm)TEN 6083 Monday it enters service from comments seen on Facebook

Bloody typical, I'm at work on Monday, then I'm at a Funeral at Tuesday then away down South from after that for the rest of the week.
The Panther was nowhere to be seen at Riverside depot. I was lucky with the BooBee bus as it was replaced by 3983 on the X9 due to late running. Just as well it returned NIS from Newcastle over the High Level to where I was parked.

L469 YVK

27 Nov 2019, 8:54 pm #356
(27 Nov 2019, 3:12 pm)streetdeckfan 6333 isn't sounding very healthy today, engine is a lot rougher than usual

Call me sceptical but I just don't see how the new batch are going to perform well particularly on some of the Hownsgill routes. 6333 will be starting to show it's true colours with it now being allocated to the X21 properly away from a more suitable start - stop type of route.
L469 YVK
27 Nov 2019, 8:54 pm #356

(27 Nov 2019, 3:12 pm)streetdeckfan 6333 isn't sounding very healthy today, engine is a lot rougher than usual

Call me sceptical but I just don't see how the new batch are going to perform well particularly on some of the Hownsgill routes. 6333 will be starting to show it's true colours with it now being allocated to the X21 properly away from a more suitable start - stop type of route.

Stanleyone

27 Nov 2019, 9:01 pm #357
(27 Nov 2019, 8:54 pm)L469 YVK Call me sceptical but I just don't see how the new batch are going to perform well particularly on some of the Hownsgill routes. 6333 will be starting to show it's true colours with it now being allocated to the X21 properly away from a more suitable start - stop type of route.
Guess we’ll find out soon enough, like them or hate them but 28 streetdecks have been ordered for Consett routes. Streetlites have handled the routes well enough for 4 years and if it wasn’t for the rattles they probably would get such a bad name from drivers (IMO).
Stanleyone
27 Nov 2019, 9:01 pm #357

(27 Nov 2019, 8:54 pm)L469 YVK Call me sceptical but I just don't see how the new batch are going to perform well particularly on some of the Hownsgill routes. 6333 will be starting to show it's true colours with it now being allocated to the X21 properly away from a more suitable start - stop type of route.
Guess we’ll find out soon enough, like them or hate them but 28 streetdecks have been ordered for Consett routes. Streetlites have handled the routes well enough for 4 years and if it wasn’t for the rattles they probably would get such a bad name from drivers (IMO).

27 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm #358

As someone who spends far too much of their time on the Streetdecks, I have to disagree there. 6332 (which is from the same batch as 6333) has been allocated to the X21 pretty much exclusively since new and it always has been the best one on the route, from both a passenger's perspective and from what I've heard, a drivers perspective as well. 

They're far superior to the 16 plates we have on the X21 in basically every way, they're more reliable, more comfortable (both seat and suspension wise), quieter, and quite a bit better on the motorway.

Like I said a while back, one of the new drivers took a wrong turn in Bishop and ended up down Newton Cap Bank, and one of the newer Streetdecks (I think it may have been 6333) managed to do a hill start on there with no issue, so they certainly have some power

(27 Nov 2019, 9:01 pm)Stanleyone Guess we’ll find out soon enough, like them or hate them but 28 streetdecks have been ordered for Consett routes. Streetlites have handled the routes well enough for 4 years and if it wasn’t for the rattles they probably would get such a bad name from drivers (IMO).

My only major complaint with the Streetlite is that god damn door! Other than that they're perfectly decent!
I still prefer the E200 over them, but honestly there's not that much in it between them, other than the rattling door. Then again the E200s have the creaking windows!

Without trying both out, I personally think the Streetdeck would be a better fit than the E400 for the Consett routes, the E400 is perfectly good, but the low height upstairs is enough for me to not like travelling on them
streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm #358

As someone who spends far too much of their time on the Streetdecks, I have to disagree there. 6332 (which is from the same batch as 6333) has been allocated to the X21 pretty much exclusively since new and it always has been the best one on the route, from both a passenger's perspective and from what I've heard, a drivers perspective as well. 

They're far superior to the 16 plates we have on the X21 in basically every way, they're more reliable, more comfortable (both seat and suspension wise), quieter, and quite a bit better on the motorway.

Like I said a while back, one of the new drivers took a wrong turn in Bishop and ended up down Newton Cap Bank, and one of the newer Streetdecks (I think it may have been 6333) managed to do a hill start on there with no issue, so they certainly have some power

(27 Nov 2019, 9:01 pm)Stanleyone Guess we’ll find out soon enough, like them or hate them but 28 streetdecks have been ordered for Consett routes. Streetlites have handled the routes well enough for 4 years and if it wasn’t for the rattles they probably would get such a bad name from drivers (IMO).

My only major complaint with the Streetlite is that god damn door! Other than that they're perfectly decent!
I still prefer the E200 over them, but honestly there's not that much in it between them, other than the rattling door. Then again the E200s have the creaking windows!

Without trying both out, I personally think the Streetdeck would be a better fit than the E400 for the Consett routes, the E400 is perfectly good, but the low height upstairs is enough for me to not like travelling on them

S813 FVK

27 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm #359
(27 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm)streetdeckfan Without trying both out, I personally think the Streetdeck would be a better fit than the E400 for the Consett routes, the E400 is perfectly good, but the low height upstairs is enough for me to not like travelling on them

I imagine you'd probably have the same complaint about the low height Streetdeck.
S813 FVK
27 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm #359

(27 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm)streetdeckfan Without trying both out, I personally think the Streetdeck would be a better fit than the E400 for the Consett routes, the E400 is perfectly good, but the low height upstairs is enough for me to not like travelling on them

I imagine you'd probably have the same complaint about the low height Streetdeck.

27 Nov 2019, 9:31 pm #360
(27 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm)S813 FVK I imagine you'd probably have the same complaint about the low height Streetdeck.

I would, I have the same complaint with all low height vehicles! 

I actually quite like the E400 as a vehicle, the issue is that they would be running low height vehicles for no reason. If the E400 was available with head room I wouldn't be opposed to travelling on them

The other issue is even downstairs they feel quite claustrophobic, the seats are very close to the wall so my shoulder is rubbing against it when I sit properly on the seat, if I sit so I have proper shoulder room, I'm basically in the middle of the seats. That isn't an issue I have with the Streetdecks
streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2019, 9:31 pm #360

(27 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm)S813 FVK I imagine you'd probably have the same complaint about the low height Streetdeck.

I would, I have the same complaint with all low height vehicles! 

I actually quite like the E400 as a vehicle, the issue is that they would be running low height vehicles for no reason. If the E400 was available with head room I wouldn't be opposed to travelling on them

The other issue is even downstairs they feel quite claustrophobic, the seats are very close to the wall so my shoulder is rubbing against it when I sit properly on the seat, if I sit so I have proper shoulder room, I'm basically in the middle of the seats. That isn't an issue I have with the Streetdecks

Pages (21) Previous 117 18 1921 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average