Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (21) Previous 16 7 821 Next
JP6004

12 Nov 2019, 9:12 am #121

(12 Nov 2019, 9:08 am)Stanleyone

Facebook post from a few weeks ago suggests that the 4x Red Kite B9s will transfer to East Yorkshire before the end of the year, coupled with the Streetlites going to Deptford for the 35 and the Toon Link B9s for the 93/94 (unless plans have changed), I would think that the Streetdecks may well start to arrive within the next few weeks.

Yes I saw that too, even if only a few arrive before Xmas then Im sure they can jig things a bit to allow more L94 to be withdrawn until more Streetdecks arrive and subsequent cascades take place

JP6004
12 Nov 2019, 9:12 am #121

(12 Nov 2019, 9:08 am)Stanleyone

Facebook post from a few weeks ago suggests that the 4x Red Kite B9s will transfer to East Yorkshire before the end of the year, coupled with the Streetlites going to Deptford for the 35 and the Toon Link B9s for the 93/94 (unless plans have changed), I would think that the Streetdecks may well start to arrive within the next few weeks.

Yes I saw that too, even if only a few arrive before Xmas then Im sure they can jig things a bit to allow more L94 to be withdrawn until more Streetdecks arrive and subsequent cascades take place

L469 YVK

12 Nov 2019, 9:14 am #122

(12 Nov 2019, 1:40 am)deanmachine

I've heard the Deptford rumours that 6099 will be going to Percy Main with 6084 coming back to Deptford. Would make sense if Riverside are getting the two ex-East Yorkshire B5TLs.

And not only that, once the 6 cylinder example of the StreetDeck has been evaluated, that could then be assigned to the X9/X10 spare role if good enough.

L469 YVK
12 Nov 2019, 9:14 am #122

(12 Nov 2019, 1:40 am)deanmachine

I've heard the Deptford rumours that 6099 will be going to Percy Main with 6084 coming back to Deptford. Would make sense if Riverside are getting the two ex-East Yorkshire B5TLs.

And not only that, once the 6 cylinder example of the StreetDeck has been evaluated, that could then be assigned to the X9/X10 spare role if good enough.

12 Nov 2019, 2:37 pm #123
Note that it's being advertised as a farewell event, doean't mean it will be the last day for them.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
12 Nov 2019, 2:37 pm #123

Note that it's being advertised as a farewell event, doean't mean it will be the last day for them.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

GNE6312

12 Nov 2019, 3:29 pm #124

(12 Nov 2019, 2:37 pm)Rapidsnap Note that it's being advertised as a farewell event, doean't mean it will be the last day for them.

Where

GNE6312
12 Nov 2019, 3:29 pm #124

(12 Nov 2019, 2:37 pm)Rapidsnap Note that it's being advertised as a farewell event, doean't mean it will be the last day for them.

Where

Andreos1

12 Nov 2019, 4:55 pm #125

It's like some sort of sick joke.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Nov 2019, 4:55 pm #125

It's like some sort of sick joke.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

S813 FVK

12 Nov 2019, 5:29 pm #126

(12 Nov 2019, 3:29 pm)GNE6312

Where

In the linked tweet.

In response to a reply to the tweet, MG even suggests that some will remain in service into the early new year.

S813 FVK
12 Nov 2019, 5:29 pm #126

(12 Nov 2019, 3:29 pm)GNE6312

Where

In the linked tweet.

In response to a reply to the tweet, MG even suggests that some will remain in service into the early new year.

12 Nov 2019, 8:05 pm #127
Got a message saying 6100s back in corporate livery
Citaro5326
12 Nov 2019, 8:05 pm #127

Got a message saying 6100s back in corporate livery

12 Nov 2019, 8:49 pm #128

(12 Nov 2019, 8:05 pm)Citaro5326 Got a message saying 6100s back in corporate livery

Interesting to see it's still full leather inside, I would have thought they would have went with the new moquette and leather design that they've been putting in the E400s and E200s, as well as what's going in the new Streetdecks (when they turn up!).

That is of course unless my original theory of E200 and E400s actually being intended for East Yorkshire and just been used by GNE instead is true.

It just seems strange they'd start refurbishing buses into the old interior design after the new 'standard' interior has been shown ?‍♂️

streetdeckfan
12 Nov 2019, 8:49 pm #128

(12 Nov 2019, 8:05 pm)Citaro5326 Got a message saying 6100s back in corporate livery

Interesting to see it's still full leather inside, I would have thought they would have went with the new moquette and leather design that they've been putting in the E400s and E200s, as well as what's going in the new Streetdecks (when they turn up!).

That is of course unless my original theory of E200 and E400s actually being intended for East Yorkshire and just been used by GNE instead is true.

It just seems strange they'd start refurbishing buses into the old interior design after the new 'standard' interior has been shown ?‍♂️

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2019, 9:05 pm #129
(12 Nov 2019, 8:49 pm)streetdeckfan

It just seems strange they'd start refurbishing buses into the old interior design after the new 'standard' interior has been shown ?‍

The specification for the refurbishments at Bus & Coach World was signed off almost 12 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
12 Nov 2019, 9:05 pm #129

It just seems strange they'd start refurbishing buses into the old interior design after the new 'standard' interior has been shown ?‍

The specification for the refurbishments at Bus & Coach World was signed off almost 12 months ago.

12 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm #130

I’m pretty sure the refurbishments started before the new moquette was introduced so the cobalt and coast received leather, I don’t see it as strange though, it wouldn’t make sense to do half of the batch (6101-6117) in the leather, when they arrived the same time as (6084-6100) which, if refurbished to the same spec as the E400 and E200, would be in the new leather and moquette design, it would mean if the spares move around depots like 6100 moving from Deptford to Percy main or 6084 from Riverside back to Deptford, it wouldn’t match the interior of the vehicle that it is covering for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milkytdi123
12 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm #130

I’m pretty sure the refurbishments started before the new moquette was introduced so the cobalt and coast received leather, I don’t see it as strange though, it wouldn’t make sense to do half of the batch (6101-6117) in the leather, when they arrived the same time as (6084-6100) which, if refurbished to the same spec as the E400 and E200, would be in the new leather and moquette design, it would mean if the spares move around depots like 6100 moving from Deptford to Percy main or 6084 from Riverside back to Deptford, it wouldn’t match the interior of the vehicle that it is covering for.

12 Nov 2019, 9:26 pm #131

(12 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm)Milkytdi123 I’m pretty sure the refurbishments started before the new moquette was introduced so the cobalt and coast received leather, I don’t see it as strange though, it wouldn’t make sense to do half of the batch (6101-6117) in the leather, when they arrived the same time as (6084-6100) which, if refurbished to the same spec as the E400 and E200, would be in the new leather and moquette design, it would mean if the spares move around depots like 6100 moving from Deptford to Percy main or 6084 from Riverside back to Deptford, it wouldn’t match the interior of the vehicle that it is covering for.

They don't think that's an issue for the X21 which will have 3 different designs, they'll have the old blue leather, the red/blue leather and the leather/moquette!

I get it was signed off a while ago, but if there was enough time to design a new interior, then order and receive brand new buses with that interior, then there was time to change it (unless of course they were just EY's buses)

Once again it just seems like poor planning on GNE's part

streetdeckfan
12 Nov 2019, 9:26 pm #131

(12 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm)Milkytdi123 I’m pretty sure the refurbishments started before the new moquette was introduced so the cobalt and coast received leather, I don’t see it as strange though, it wouldn’t make sense to do half of the batch (6101-6117) in the leather, when they arrived the same time as (6084-6100) which, if refurbished to the same spec as the E400 and E200, would be in the new leather and moquette design, it would mean if the spares move around depots like 6100 moving from Deptford to Percy main or 6084 from Riverside back to Deptford, it wouldn’t match the interior of the vehicle that it is covering for.

They don't think that's an issue for the X21 which will have 3 different designs, they'll have the old blue leather, the red/blue leather and the leather/moquette!

I get it was signed off a while ago, but if there was enough time to design a new interior, then order and receive brand new buses with that interior, then there was time to change it (unless of course they were just EY's buses)

Jamie M

12 Nov 2019, 9:28 pm #132

(12 Nov 2019, 9:26 pm)streetdeckfan

I get it was signed off a while ago, but if there was enough time to design a new interior, then order and receive brand new buses with that interior, then there was time to change it (unless of course it was just EY's design)

A fancy bus is a fancy bus. It would be a bigger waste of time and even poorer planning to go and waste all that eleather to get them standardised.

Jamie M
12 Nov 2019, 9:28 pm #132

I get it was signed off a while ago, but if there was enough time to design a new interior, then order and receive brand new buses with that interior, then there was time to change it (unless of course it was just EY's design)

A fancy bus is a fancy bus. It would be a bigger waste of time and even poorer planning to go and waste all that eleather to get them standardised.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm #133

Come on - you're being silly now, it's not poor planning at all.

This refurbishment program was sorted 12 months ago with Bus & Coach World..! They would have ordered enough materials at the time for all 19 vehicles. It isn't something "off the shelf".

Seat moquette is incredibly expensive so to change this after the new specification was agreed would come at substantial cost.

The 14 ADL vehicles were always intended for Go North East, and you will see the StreetDecks delivered in a very similar style. This is the new interior specification for Go North East.

Dan
12 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm #133

Come on - you're being silly now, it's not poor planning at all.

This refurbishment program was sorted 12 months ago with Bus & Coach World..! They would have ordered enough materials at the time for all 19 vehicles. It isn't something "off the shelf".

Seat moquette is incredibly expensive so to change this after the new specification was agreed would come at substantial cost.

The 14 ADL vehicles were always intended for Go North East, and you will see the StreetDecks delivered in a very similar style. This is the new interior specification for Go North East.

S813 FVK

12 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm #134

So now you're complaining about them keeping interiors the same across a batch of vehicles while simultaneously complaining that there will be 3 different interiors across the X21 fleet?

Have I understood this correctly? Surely I must be going wrong somewhere...

S813 FVK
12 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm #134

So now you're complaining about them keeping interiors the same across a batch of vehicles while simultaneously complaining that there will be 3 different interiors across the X21 fleet?

12 Nov 2019, 9:55 pm #135

(12 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm)Dan Come on - you're being silly now, it's not poor planning at all.

All I'm saying is from the outside it seems like poor planning, not necessarily that a lot of planning hadn't gone into it.

Just out of curiosity how long ago was the new interior design that was used on the ADL vehicles planned out?

(12 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm)S813 FVK

No, all I was saying was if that (keeping the same interiors) was GNE's priority, then they would have made sure that all the buses on the X21 would have the same internal spec.

Instead the X21 will have 3 different internal specs, they will have 4 with the blue leather seats, which have 240v at every seat, 2 with the red/blue leather seats, which has USB at every seat but only 240v at the tables, and 2 with the moquette/leather interior with USB at every seat but no 240v at all!

streetdeckfan
12 Nov 2019, 9:55 pm #135

(12 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm)Dan Come on - you're being silly now, it's not poor planning at all.

All I'm saying is from the outside it seems like poor planning, not necessarily that a lot of planning hadn't gone into it.

Just out of curiosity how long ago was the new interior design that was used on the ADL vehicles planned out?

(12 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm)S813 FVK

No, all I was saying was if that (keeping the same interiors) was GNE's priority, then they would have made sure that all the buses on the X21 would have the same internal spec.

Instead the X21 will have 3 different internal specs, they will have 4 with the blue leather seats, which have 240v at every seat, 2 with the red/blue leather seats, which has USB at every seat but only 240v at the tables, and 2 with the moquette/leather interior with USB at every seat but no 240v at all!

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2019, 10:06 pm #136
(12 Nov 2019, 9:55 pm)streetdeckfan No, all I was saying was if that (keeping the same interiors) was GNE's priority, then they would have made sure that all the buses on the X21 would have the same internal spec.

So they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

This kind of thing isn't new at all...

5245 was refurbished a few years ago with a more neutral grey colourscheme when Go North East were first considering moving away from the traditional blue, so this one is different to all of the other buses on the 5/50.

The Quaylink is operated by short wheelbase and long wheelbase Optare Versas, which have different seating layouts (and the latter are obviously in better condition being three years younger).

There will be many other examples and if nothing else it shows the company are trying things before doing them to every bus in the fleet.

There are big changes to come, plans and preparation for which are underway now. I have no doubt there will be a divide of opinions, as there clearly seems to be for a marginally different seat covering being used on the same service on the X21...

Dan
12 Nov 2019, 10:06 pm #136

(12 Nov 2019, 9:55 pm)streetdeckfan No, all I was saying was if that (keeping the same interiors) was GNE's priority, then they would have made sure that all the buses on the X21 would have the same internal spec.

So they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

5245 was refurbished a few years ago with a more neutral grey colourscheme when Go North East were first considering moving away from the traditional blue, so this one is different to all of the other buses on the 5/50.

The Quaylink is operated by short wheelbase and long wheelbase Optare Versas, which have different seating layouts (and the latter are obviously in better condition being three years younger).

There will be many other examples and if nothing else it shows the company are trying things before doing them to every bus in the fleet.

There are big changes to come, plans and preparation for which are underway now. I have no doubt there will be a divide of opinions, as there clearly seems to be for a marginally different seat covering being used on the same service on the X21...

12 Nov 2019, 10:33 pm #137

(12 Nov 2019, 10:06 pm)Dan So they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Not really, it's not the seat covering that bothers me, it's the different interior spec; USB, 240v, glass staircase etc. even if all the StreetDecks are 'high spec'

That, together with all the other 'issues' with the X21 just makes it feel like GNE don't care about it anymore

• The route through Woodhouse that the StreetDecks are far too large for, it is physically impossible to drive around without mounting the kerb with the way people park, drivers have even knocked down fences trying to go round the corners!
  • The lack of NSA since May
  • The issues with the app (which admittedly have been resolved now)

Anyway, in separate news, I had a ride on an E400 today, and as much as it pains me to say, I didn't hate it. I'm just finishing writing my 'review' of it and I shall post it shortly.

streetdeckfan
12 Nov 2019, 10:33 pm #137

(12 Nov 2019, 10:06 pm)Dan So they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Not really, it's not the seat covering that bothers me, it's the different interior spec; USB, 240v, glass staircase etc. even if all the StreetDecks are 'high spec'

That, together with all the other 'issues' with the X21 just makes it feel like GNE don't care about it anymore

• The route through Woodhouse that the StreetDecks are far too large for, it is physically impossible to drive around without mounting the kerb with the way people park, drivers have even knocked down fences trying to go round the corners!
  • The lack of NSA since May
  • The issues with the app (which admittedly have been resolved now)

Anyway, in separate news, I had a ride on an E400 today, and as much as it pains me to say, I didn't hate it. I'm just finishing writing my 'review' of it and I shall post it shortly.

JP6004

12 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm #138
Interesting post from MG on Twitter this eve. Some new style seating ready to be fitted....but to which bus Tongue
JP6004
12 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm #138

Interesting post from MG on Twitter this eve. Some new style seating ready to be fitted....but to which bus Tongue

12 Nov 2019, 11:21 pm #139
5488 has entered service

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
12 Nov 2019, 11:21 pm #139

5488 has entered service

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 Nov 2019, 11:25 pm #140

(12 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm)JP6004 Interesting post from MG on Twitter this eve. Some new style seating ready to be fitted....but to which bus Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

Could perhaps be for the Versas, aren't they supposed to be getting a refurb soon and one is getting repainted

streetdeckfan
12 Nov 2019, 11:25 pm #140

(12 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm)JP6004 Interesting post from MG on Twitter this eve. Some new style seating ready to be fitted....but to which bus Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

Could perhaps be for the Versas, aren't they supposed to be getting a refurb soon and one is getting repainted

Pages (21) Previous 16 7 821 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average