Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28) Previous 117 18 1928 Next
22 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm #341
(22 Jan 2020, 10:26 am)streetdeckfan Also had a quick play around with the X84, see if I could figure something out that could work and not just look like a completely gold bus!

Again, these look fantastic!!
BeachBoy99
22 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm #341

(22 Jan 2020, 10:26 am)streetdeckfan Also had a quick play around with the X84, see if I could figure something out that could work and not just look like a completely gold bus!

Again, these look fantastic!!

22 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm #342
(22 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm)BeachBoy99 Again, these look fantastic!!

It's one of the few things I actually enjoy doing (other than complaining!). I'd happily spend hours in Photoshop/Illustrator just playing around with the designs!
streetdeckfan
22 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm #342

(22 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm)BeachBoy99 Again, these look fantastic!!

It's one of the few things I actually enjoy doing (other than complaining!). I'd happily spend hours in Photoshop/Illustrator just playing around with the designs!

22 Jan 2020, 9:45 pm #343
(22 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm)streetdeckfan It's one of the few things I actually enjoy doing (other than complaining!). I'd happily spend hours in Photoshop/Illustrator just playing around with the designs!

Me too. Here's a concept for the future X-lines X1 that I've done, based on the artwork file for the X21's StreetDecks. It obviously WON'T be anything like this as it lacks the landmarks, and the locations on the route branding were taken from the existing Red Arrows.

[Image: yTtScwL.png]
BeachBoy99
22 Jan 2020, 9:45 pm #343

(22 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm)streetdeckfan It's one of the few things I actually enjoy doing (other than complaining!). I'd happily spend hours in Photoshop/Illustrator just playing around with the designs!

Me too. Here's a concept for the future X-lines X1 that I've done, based on the artwork file for the X21's StreetDecks. It obviously WON'T be anything like this as it lacks the landmarks, and the locations on the route branding were taken from the existing Red Arrows.

22 Jan 2020, 10:03 pm #344
(22 Jan 2020, 9:45 pm)BeachBoy99  

Where'd you get the artwork file from? I have the others that I extracted from the timetables, but not the X-lines ones
streetdeckfan
22 Jan 2020, 10:03 pm #344

Where'd you get the artwork file from? I have the others that I extracted from the timetables, but not the X-lines ones

22 Jan 2020, 10:16 pm #345

Will the X84/X85 have locations on the route branding when it goes X-lines?
Very nice concept artwork BeachBoy99. Good photoshop skills streetdeckfan too.
OrangeArrow49
22 Jan 2020, 10:16 pm #345

Will the X84/X85 have locations on the route branding when it goes X-lines?

22 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm #346
(22 Jan 2020, 10:16 pm)OrangeArrow49 Will the X84/X85 have locations on the route branding when it goes X-lines?

With both X21 and X30 having them, I'd guess so. 

Thanks! They were just quick and dirty edits though. What I'm trying to do is some proper 3D renders. I just need to sit down for a bit and actually model them up!
streetdeckfan
22 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm #346

(22 Jan 2020, 10:16 pm)OrangeArrow49 Will the X84/X85 have locations on the route branding when it goes X-lines?

With both X21 and X30 having them, I'd guess so. 

Thanks! They were just quick and dirty edits though. What I'm trying to do is some proper 3D renders. I just need to sit down for a bit and actually model them up!

L469 YVK

22 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #347
Do GNE have a policy in place about last bus 'no shows' within their control and taxi refunds?
L469 YVK
22 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #347

Do GNE have a policy in place about last bus 'no shows' within their control and taxi refunds?

23 Jan 2020, 1:25 am #348
(22 Jan 2020, 10:03 pm)streetdeckfan Where'd you get the artwork file from? I have the others that I extracted from the timetables, but not the X-lines ones

I just kindly asked for them to aid with my bus drawings. I have quite a lot of the existing and former brands now but unfortunately will not distribute them I'm afraid.

Assuming it follows the house style for X-lines then yes, the X84|X85 variant will have the route branding added.

Thanks but just to outline that I posted this purely to represent the potential colours for the X1; the drawing itself is not mine. Smile
Edited 23 Jan 2020, 1:28 am by BeachBoy99.
BeachBoy99
23 Jan 2020, 1:25 am #348

(22 Jan 2020, 10:03 pm)streetdeckfan Where'd you get the artwork file from? I have the others that I extracted from the timetables, but not the X-lines ones

I just kindly asked for them to aid with my bus drawings. I have quite a lot of the existing and former brands now but unfortunately will not distribute them I'm afraid.

Assuming it follows the house style for X-lines then yes, the X84|X85 variant will have the route branding added.

Thanks but just to outline that I posted this purely to represent the potential colours for the X1; the drawing itself is not mine. Smile

23 Jan 2020, 1:31 am #349
(23 Jan 2020, 1:25 am)BeachBoy99 I just kindly asked for them to aid with my bus drawings. I have quite a lot of the existing and former brands now but unfortunately will not distribute them I'm afraid.

Fair enough. It's not as if the X-Lines livery isn't easy enough to draw myself!

Also, the headlight is missing from the Streetdeck Wink
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2020, 1:31 am #349

(23 Jan 2020, 1:25 am)BeachBoy99 I just kindly asked for them to aid with my bus drawings. I have quite a lot of the existing and former brands now but unfortunately will not distribute them I'm afraid.

Fair enough. It's not as if the X-Lines livery isn't easy enough to draw myself!

Also, the headlight is missing from the Streetdeck Wink

23 Jan 2020, 2:14 am #350
Concepts of the remaining X-lines routes to come:

X1, as seen before (tweaked the route branding a little):

[Image: wE68oK6.png]

X9|X10:

[Image: g8Lg9AF.png]X5|X15: (hate this)

[Image: 7xsvNOZ.png]

X84|X85: (doubt it will have the blue in it)

[Image: E8Y8Z7U.png]
BeachBoy99
23 Jan 2020, 2:14 am #350

Concepts of the remaining X-lines routes to come:

X9|X10:

Andreos1

23 Jan 2020, 8:19 am #351
(22 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm)L469 YVK Do GNE have a policy in place about last bus 'no shows' within their control and taxi refunds?

I'd love to say yes they do and customers who are inconvenienced in situations like that, are supported and given help/refunds when the last bus doesn't operate. 
It's the least they can do when people are potentially stranded in the cold somewhere.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jan 2020, 8:19 am #351

(22 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm)L469 YVK Do GNE have a policy in place about last bus 'no shows' within their control and taxi refunds?

I'd love to say yes they do and customers who are inconvenienced in situations like that, are supported and given help/refunds when the last bus doesn't operate. 
It's the least they can do when people are potentially stranded in the cold somewhere.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

23 Jan 2020, 10:47 am #352
(23 Jan 2020, 2:14 am)BeachBoy99 Concepts of the remaining X-lines routes to come:

X9|X10:

The X5/X15 is definitely the worst so far, although not horrible. I'd like to see the X84/X85 route branding include Denton Burn (it used to on the Scanias, and that is how I started using the service), and it should include Fenham, Benwell, Denton Burn and Throckley as these are served by Stagecoach (Arriva and Stagecoach Cumberland operate the 685, with much of the route in common too). The more locations on the branding, the more likely passengers are to use it.
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2020, 10:47 am #352

(23 Jan 2020, 2:14 am)BeachBoy99 Concepts of the remaining X-lines routes to come:

X9|X10:

The X5/X15 is definitely the worst so far, although not horrible. I'd like to see the X84/X85 route branding include Denton Burn (it used to on the Scanias, and that is how I started using the service), and it should include Fenham, Benwell, Denton Burn and Throckley as these are served by Stagecoach (Arriva and Stagecoach Cumberland operate the 685, with much of the route in common too). The more locations on the branding, the more likely passengers are to use it.

23 Jan 2020, 11:06 am #353
When can we expect to see Quaylink, TVT and Tynedale Links gain road stripes? Any chance of a concept drawing, please?
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2020, 11:06 am #353

When can we expect to see Quaylink, TVT and Tynedale Links gain road stripes? Any chance of a concept drawing, please?

23 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm #354
(23 Jan 2020, 10:47 am)OrangeArrow49 The X5/X15 is definitely the worst so far, although not horrible. I'd like to see the X84/X85 route branding include Denton Burn (it used to on the Scanias, and that is how I started using the service), and it should include Fenham, Benwell, Denton Burn and Throckley as these are served by Stagecoach (Arriva and Stagecoach Cumberland operate the 685, with much of the route in common too). The more locations on the branding, the more likely passengers are to use it.
Given the colour combinations, the X1 X-lines variant  would have suited the X21 Newcastle - Bishop Auckland- West Auckland corridor. A little nod to O.K Motor Services.
Tyne_Traveller
23 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm #354

(23 Jan 2020, 10:47 am)OrangeArrow49 The X5/X15 is definitely the worst so far, although not horrible. I'd like to see the X84/X85 route branding include Denton Burn (it used to on the Scanias, and that is how I started using the service), and it should include Fenham, Benwell, Denton Burn and Throckley as these are served by Stagecoach (Arriva and Stagecoach Cumberland operate the 685, with much of the route in common too). The more locations on the branding, the more likely passengers are to use it.
Given the colour combinations, the X1 X-lines variant  would have suited the X21 Newcastle - Bishop Auckland- West Auckland corridor. A little nod to O.K Motor Services.

23 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm #355
(23 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm)Tyne_Traveller Given the colour combinations, the X1 X-lines variant  would have suited the X21 Newcastle - Bishop Auckland- West Auckland corridor. A little nod to O.K Motor Services.

While I do agree it would have been nice, I think the decision to make it blue was the right one as previous liveries had also been blue

What I think they should do is have the Newcastle - Durham X21 and the Newcastle - Bishop X21 be different colours to avoid confusion ie. make the Durham ones light green to match the Angel livery (although I guess that would probably be a nightmare since they interwork)
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm #355

(23 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm)Tyne_Traveller Given the colour combinations, the X1 X-lines variant  would have suited the X21 Newcastle - Bishop Auckland- West Auckland corridor. A little nod to O.K Motor Services.

While I do agree it would have been nice, I think the decision to make it blue was the right one as previous liveries had also been blue

What I think they should do is have the Newcastle - Durham X21 and the Newcastle - Bishop X21 be different colours to avoid confusion ie. make the Durham ones light green to match the Angel livery (although I guess that would probably be a nightmare since they interwork)

idiot

23 Jan 2020, 3:27 pm #356
Yet again the m6 hasn't ran!
idiot
23 Jan 2020, 3:27 pm #356

Yet again the m6 hasn't ran!

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm #357
(23 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm)streetdeckfan While I do agree it would have been nice, I think the decision to make it blue was the right one as previous liveries had also been blue

Yes - more or less impossible, as they all go to Bishop Auckland at some point in the day (i.e. daytime short Durham terminating buses end up running to Bishop Auckland all night). Nice idea, but would cause more confusion than what you're attempting to avoid.

Timetables, destination displays and Next Stop audio-visual announcements will have to suffice.
Dan
23 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm #357

(23 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm)streetdeckfan While I do agree it would have been nice, I think the decision to make it blue was the right one as previous liveries had also been blue

Yes - more or less impossible, as they all go to Bishop Auckland at some point in the day (i.e. daytime short Durham terminating buses end up running to Bishop Auckland all night). Nice idea, but would cause more confusion than what you're attempting to avoid.

Timetables, destination displays and Next Stop audio-visual announcements will have to suffice.

23 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm #358
(23 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm)Dan Yes - more or less impossible, as they all go to Bishop Auckland at some point in the day (i.e. daytime short Durham terminating buses end up running to Bishop Auckland all night). Nice idea, but would cause more confusion than what you're attempting to avoid.

Would it really be any more confusing than having Angel branded buses doing the night time runs to Bishop like it has always been?
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm #358

(23 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm)Dan Yes - more or less impossible, as they all go to Bishop Auckland at some point in the day (i.e. daytime short Durham terminating buses end up running to Bishop Auckland all night). Nice idea, but would cause more confusion than what you're attempting to avoid.

Would it really be any more confusing than having Angel branded buses doing the night time runs to Bishop like it has always been?

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm #359
(23 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm)streetdeckfan Would it really be any more confusing than having Angel branded buses doing the night time runs to Bishop like it has always been?

Your argument was doing it to avoid confusion between some terminating at West Auckland, and some terminating at Durham.

My counter-argument was that it would cause just as much, if not more, confusion, having them two different colours, when every bus goes to Bishop Auckland at some point during the day.

The number of Angel branded bus journeys will vastly reduce from Sunday.
Dan
23 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm #359

(23 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm)streetdeckfan Would it really be any more confusing than having Angel branded buses doing the night time runs to Bishop like it has always been?

Your argument was doing it to avoid confusion between some terminating at West Auckland, and some terminating at Durham.

My counter-argument was that it would cause just as much, if not more, confusion, having them two different colours, when every bus goes to Bishop Auckland at some point during the day.

23 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm #360
(23 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm)Dan Your argument was doing it to avoid confusion between some terminating at West Auckland, and some terminating at Durham.

I understand, I was just saying the counter-argument of saying they can't be branded separately could be invalidated by the fact that two different brands run the route already.
I do agree that it would be more confusing with the way they'll run from Sunday

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but won't the Angel branded journeys actually increase from Sunday (temporarily at least)? 
If there aren't enough X-Lines branded vehicles already and there are more X-Lines services being added, won't Angel branded vehicles have to be used?

As a side note, do we know which Angel branded ones will be rebranded? I assume it'll be the higher numbered ones to keep the X-Lines all together

As a further side note, I've just noticed the proper X21 timetable is now on the website so it's easier to understand!
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm #360

(23 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm)Dan Your argument was doing it to avoid confusion between some terminating at West Auckland, and some terminating at Durham.

I understand, I was just saying the counter-argument of saying they can't be branded separately could be invalidated by the fact that two different brands run the route already.
I do agree that it would be more confusing with the way they'll run from Sunday

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but won't the Angel branded journeys actually increase from Sunday (temporarily at least)? 
If there aren't enough X-Lines branded vehicles already and there are more X-Lines services being added, won't Angel branded vehicles have to be used?

As a side note, do we know which Angel branded ones will be rebranded? I assume it'll be the higher numbered ones to keep the X-Lines all together

As a further side note, I've just noticed the proper X21 timetable is now on the website so it's easier to understand!

Pages (28) Previous 117 18 1928 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average