Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28) Previous 125 26 27 28 Next
29 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm #501
(29 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm)Rapidsnap You would think so, it showed up on the tracker doing the 12:00 from Newcastle, so I thought I catch it coming back from Boro before 3pm. Parked up near Heworth like a spider waiting for the fly to land. Only to look at the tracker to find it had been replaced by a B5TL, whats worse was a standard X9/X10 one too. Could at least being 6334/6335 for my troubles.

I was going to do an explorer tomorrow, but given it's ability to go out of service at a moments notice I think I be using the car again to track it down (If it's out).

Was supposed to be swapped over at 11:30 this morning because the following driver wasn’t type trained but the driver that was been taken off took it to Newcastle and back to Gateshead for a replacement to be sorted, it went back out and was the 16:00 or 16:30 from Newcastle to Middlesbrough
Stuartphin1639
29 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm #501

(29 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm)Rapidsnap You would think so, it showed up on the tracker doing the 12:00 from Newcastle, so I thought I catch it coming back from Boro before 3pm. Parked up near Heworth like a spider waiting for the fly to land. Only to look at the tracker to find it had been replaced by a B5TL, whats worse was a standard X9/X10 one too. Could at least being 6334/6335 for my troubles.

I was going to do an explorer tomorrow, but given it's ability to go out of service at a moments notice I think I be using the car again to track it down (If it's out).

Was supposed to be swapped over at 11:30 this morning because the following driver wasn’t type trained but the driver that was been taken off took it to Newcastle and back to Gateshead for a replacement to be sorted, it went back out and was the 16:00 or 16:30 from Newcastle to Middlesbrough

Andreos1

29 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm #502
@ifm

Your text was within streetdeckfans post, so can't reply to you directly. 
I think it went to Spennymoor, rather than West Auckland. 

Obviously when GNE had Bishop ops, there were plenty of services kicking around the various Auckland's and beyond.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm #502

@ifm

Your text was within streetdeckfans post, so can't reply to you directly. 
I think it went to Spennymoor, rather than West Auckland. 

Obviously when GNE had Bishop ops, there were plenty of services kicking around the various Auckland's and beyond.

29 Jan 2020, 9:28 pm #503
Services operated by The Way Ahead was
124 - Newcastle to West Auckland using Dennis Lance / Optare Sigmas - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter1962/48339891302/
182 - Bishop Auckland to West Auckland using Optare MetroRiders - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter1962/10160852795

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
29 Jan 2020, 9:28 pm #503

Services operated by The Way Ahead was
124 - Newcastle to West Auckland using Dennis Lance / Optare Sigmas - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter1962/48339891302/
182 - Bishop Auckland to West Auckland using Optare MetroRiders - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter1962/10160852795

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

MrBoyt

29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm #504
(29 Jan 2020, 8:30 pm)ne14ne1 Think I may have seen an Angel 21 earlier with a different vinyl to usual on the back. Wasn't close enough to make out what it was about (or get the fleet number) but I could see it wasn't the usual photo of standing passengers.
Just done a flickr search but can't find any pics. Any ideas?

I think there's one now that says something like 'Just as fancy as your car'!
MrBoyt
29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm #504

(29 Jan 2020, 8:30 pm)ne14ne1 Think I may have seen an Angel 21 earlier with a different vinyl to usual on the back. Wasn't close enough to make out what it was about (or get the fleet number) but I could see it wasn't the usual photo of standing passengers.
Just done a flickr search but can't find any pics. Any ideas?

I think there's one now that says something like 'Just as fancy as your car'!

S813 FVK

29 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #505
(29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm)MrBoyt I think there's one now that says something like 'Just as fancy as your car'!

Attached Files
.jpeg
63ADC5C6-8F67-490D-AA8A-1013C54BD6DA.jpeg
Size 257.36 KB / Downloads 48
S813 FVK
29 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #505

(29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm)MrBoyt I think there's one now that says something like 'Just as fancy as your car'!

Attached Files
.jpeg
63ADC5C6-8F67-490D-AA8A-1013C54BD6DA.jpeg
Size 257.36 KB / Downloads 48

BusLoverMum

30 Jan 2020, 12:14 am #506
(29 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm)S813 FVK 6328
Like I said already, not selling it if your car is a battered Peugeot 207.
BusLoverMum
30 Jan 2020, 12:14 am #506

Like I said already, not selling it if your car is a battered Peugeot 207.

30 Jan 2020, 2:58 am #507
So I just watched the live stream again as the first time I was trying to listen to it over the working NSA on the X21!
For the people who don't have Facebook or can't be bothered to watch it, here are some of the key updates

New Vehicles updates
  • 15 E400MMCs ordered for X1, basically the same spec as the X30, but with a few improvements based on feedback 
  • StreetDecks are expected to arrive in April, still expected to recieve the first 6 cyinlder in the UK. They will be higher spec than the current ones and possibly have double height destination displays
  • Yutong E10s due to arrive in July, will have special Electric livery
X9/X10 upgrade
  • Panther LE here for 3 week trial on the X9/X10. Unlikely that it'd be purchased due to low capacity. Double deck version may be considered
  • E400 XLB not considered due to high price, nothing to cascade on to after, and unknown resale values
  • E400 City not considered as they'd rather spend the extra money on a higher spec standard E400
  • Scania E400s are on the cards for X9/X10 as they're more suited to motorways. Demo models not currently available
X-Lines
  • Whole X-Lines network should be re-branded in the next 12-18 months
  • No more X-Lines routes anytime soon
  • No more changes to the X21 route for the foreseeable future
Vehicle Refurbs/Upgrades
  • Tyne Valley Ten refurbs will be announced in July
  • Connections 4 Citaro mid-life refurbs starting to be planned
  • X1 B9s will be upgraded to Euro6 and will be allocated to a service that runs in to Newcastle once the E400s arrive
  • Optare MetroDecker has had engine upgrade to improve reliability and emissions, will be rotated around depots in the coming months, still no plans to order any though
  • No plans to upgrade Drifter 60, may get a refurb and rebrand in a year or two
  • No plans to upgrade X66
  • 93/94 still planned to get double deckers
Route Branding
  • Route brands will only be added to high frequency routes (eg. Green Arrow), trunk routes connecting key destinations (eg. Citylink) and express routes (X-Lines)
  • 56 will be re-branded this year! No firm plans yet for brand name, may have internal competition for new brand name. Route changes prioritised over re-branding routes
NSAs
  • Pretty much all routes are programmed so any bus allocated with NSA should have working announcements
  • Venture Solos to have NSA fitted this week in partnership with Durham Council
  • B9 NSA's will be upgraded to new system, but awaiting upgrade parts from Hanover
East Yorkshire
  • Red Kite B9s still planned to move to East Yorkshire once StreetDecks arrive
  • A further order of E400s will be announced soon for East Yorkshire
Other
  • Red Kites Streetlites to move to services around Sunderland once the StreetDecks arrive, service not confirmed yet.
  • ToonTour will be back, more details soon
  • Older Citaros will start to be withdrawn this year as no upgrades to Euro 6
  • 6335 should enter service this week, if not, then next week as there are still a few niggles to sort out
  • Night Tickets and 24 Hour tickets trial to be extended, may become permanent
  • MG doesn't seem happy that Scarlet Band are driving the Solos around with Metrocentre Mini branding still on them!

Note to Dan - Please feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong!
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 2:58 am #507

So I just watched the live stream again as the first time I was trying to listen to it over the working NSA on the X21!
For the people who don't have Facebook or can't be bothered to watch it, here are some of the key updates

New Vehicles updates

• 15 E400MMCs ordered for X1, basically the same spec as the X30, but with a few improvements based on feedback 
  • StreetDecks are expected to arrive in April, still expected to recieve the first 6 cyinlder in the UK. They will be higher spec than the current ones and possibly have double height destination displays
  • Yutong E10s due to arrive in July, will have special Electric livery
X9/X10 upgrade
  • Panther LE here for 3 week trial on the X9/X10. Unlikely that it'd be purchased due to low capacity. Double deck version may be considered
  • E400 XLB not considered due to high price, nothing to cascade on to after, and unknown resale values
  • E400 City not considered as they'd rather spend the extra money on a higher spec standard E400
  • Scania E400s are on the cards for X9/X10 as they're more suited to motorways. Demo models not currently available
X-Lines
  • Whole X-Lines network should be re-branded in the next 12-18 months
  • No more X-Lines routes anytime soon
  • No more changes to the X21 route for the foreseeable future
Vehicle Refurbs/Upgrades
  • Tyne Valley Ten refurbs will be announced in July
  • Connections 4 Citaro mid-life refurbs starting to be planned
  • X1 B9s will be upgraded to Euro6 and will be allocated to a service that runs in to Newcastle once the E400s arrive
  • Optare MetroDecker has had engine upgrade to improve reliability and emissions, will be rotated around depots in the coming months, still no plans to order any though
  • No plans to upgrade Drifter 60, may get a refurb and rebrand in a year or two
  • No plans to upgrade X66
  • 93/94 still planned to get double deckers
Route Branding
  • Route brands will only be added to high frequency routes (eg. Green Arrow), trunk routes connecting key destinations (eg. Citylink) and express routes (X-Lines)
  • 56 will be re-branded this year! No firm plans yet for brand name, may have internal competition for new brand name. Route changes prioritised over re-branding routes
NSAs
  • Pretty much all routes are programmed so any bus allocated with NSA should have working announcements
  • Venture Solos to have NSA fitted this week in partnership with Durham Council
  • B9 NSA's will be upgraded to new system, but awaiting upgrade parts from Hanover
East Yorkshire
  • Red Kite B9s still planned to move to East Yorkshire once StreetDecks arrive
  • A further order of E400s will be announced soon for East Yorkshire
Other
  • Red Kites Streetlites to move to services around Sunderland once the StreetDecks arrive, service not confirmed yet.
  • ToonTour will be back, more details soon
  • Older Citaros will start to be withdrawn this year as no upgrades to Euro 6
  • 6335 should enter service this week, if not, then next week as there are still a few niggles to sort out
  • Night Tickets and 24 Hour tickets trial to be extended, may become permanent
  • MG doesn't seem happy that Scarlet Band are driving the Solos around with Metrocentre Mini branding still on them!

Note to Dan - Please feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong!

ne14ne1

30 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm #508

Ah okay cheers. I happened to be on it this morning actually.
Kinda surprised it was designed/applied to be honest when they’re trying to remove vinyls from windows.
ne14ne1
30 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm #508

Ah okay cheers. I happened to be on it this morning actually.
Kinda surprised it was designed/applied to be honest when they’re trying to remove vinyls from windows.

30 Jan 2020, 12:24 pm #509
(30 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm)ne14ne1 Ah okay cheers. I happened to be on it this morning actually.
You don't generally look out the rear window, unless it's to 'distract' the car drivers behind!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 12:24 pm #509

(30 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm)ne14ne1 Ah okay cheers. I happened to be on it this morning actually.
You don't generally look out the rear window, unless it's to 'distract' the car drivers behind!

Andreos1

30 Jan 2020, 1:24 pm #510
(30 Jan 2020, 12:14 am)BusLoverMum Like I said already, not selling it if your car is a battered Peugeot 207.

Some car drivers seeing that, could end up travelling in comparative luxury. 
Others are gonna end up massively disappointed!

As lovely and warm those rear seats can be, they're not gonna be a patch on bucket/sport style seats which are heated, recline and have additional lumbar support!

(30 Jan 2020, 12:24 pm)streetdeckfan You don't generally look out the rear window, unless it's to 'distract' the car drivers behind!

Can remember getting on a Solo for the first time one Sunday afternoon. I'd just finished a shift and they were covering on the 194. It may have been one of the Sxxx KNL batch. 

Saw a lad I knew walking alongside the road. Turned to wave/acknowledge him through the rear window (well before mobile phones became all the rage) and encountered a carpeted wall.
Edited 30 Jan 2020, 1:29 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
30 Jan 2020, 1:24 pm #510

(30 Jan 2020, 12:14 am)BusLoverMum Like I said already, not selling it if your car is a battered Peugeot 207.

Some car drivers seeing that, could end up travelling in comparative luxury. 

As lovely and warm those rear seats can be, they're not gonna be a patch on bucket/sport style seats which are heated, recline and have additional lumbar support!

(30 Jan 2020, 12:24 pm)streetdeckfan You don't generally look out the rear window, unless it's to 'distract' the car drivers behind!

Can remember getting on a Solo for the first time one Sunday afternoon. I'd just finished a shift and they were covering on the 194. It may have been one of the Sxxx KNL batch. 

Saw a lad I knew walking alongside the road. Turned to wave/acknowledge him through the rear window (well before mobile phones became all the rage) and encountered a carpeted wall.

30 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm #511
(30 Jan 2020, 1:24 pm)Andreos1 Some car drivers seeing that, could end up travelling in comparative luxury. 

I genuinely find the seats on the Angel more comfortable than our car. I've sat on them for well over 2 hours continuously without any aches, and spent over 6 hours on one of them over a whole day

streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm #511

(30 Jan 2020, 1:24 pm)Andreos1 Some car drivers seeing that, could end up travelling in comparative luxury. 

I genuinely find the seats on the Angel more comfortable than our car. I've sat on them for well over 2 hours continuously without any aches, and spent over 6 hours on one of them over a whole day

30 Jan 2020, 3:15 pm #512
Also, what's with the "It's bye from us" on the home page? Have I missed something?
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 3:15 pm #512

Also, what's with the "It's bye from us" on the home page? Have I missed something?

Adrian

30 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm #513

The colour matching on that vinyl is awful. I recall this was a problem originally too, prior to the 'standing passengers' vinyl being applied?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm #513

The colour matching on that vinyl is awful. I recall this was a problem originally too, prior to the 'standing passengers' vinyl being applied?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

30 Jan 2020, 5:18 pm #514
(30 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm)Adrian The colour matching on that vinyl is awful. I recall this was a problem originally too, prior to the 'standing passengers' vinyl being applied?

The awful colour matching goes well with the awful paint job! They could have at least used a bit of masking tape along the sealant line!
Plus, the fact that the dark green 'swoop' doesn't line up makes it even worse!

At least the vinyl is pretty easy to change
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 5:18 pm #514

(30 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm)Adrian The colour matching on that vinyl is awful. I recall this was a problem originally too, prior to the 'standing passengers' vinyl being applied?

The awful colour matching goes well with the awful paint job! They could have at least used a bit of masking tape along the sealant line!
Plus, the fact that the dark green 'swoop' doesn't line up makes it even worse!

At least the vinyl is pretty easy to change

30 Jan 2020, 7:13 pm #515
(30 Jan 2020, 3:15 pm)streetdeckfan Also, what's with the "It's bye from us" on the home page? Have I missed something?

I know it’s wrong thread but photos aren’t showing up either on the photos section and haven’t since Saturday last week when have been tagging them

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
30 Jan 2020, 7:13 pm #515

(30 Jan 2020, 3:15 pm)streetdeckfan Also, what's with the "It's bye from us" on the home page? Have I missed something?

I know it’s wrong thread but photos aren’t showing up either on the photos section and haven’t since Saturday last week when have been tagging them

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

ne14ne1

30 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm #516

Never sat on the rear facing seats downstairs then?
ne14ne1
30 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm #516

Never sat on the rear facing seats downstairs then?

30 Jan 2020, 8:57 pm #517
(30 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)ne14ne1  Never sat on the rear facing seats downstairs then?

As a rule, I try to never sit downstairs, and never at the back! It's far too loud!

Plus, the rear windows are always too high to actually look out of so all you can see is sky unless you're standing up!
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 8:57 pm #517

(30 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)ne14ne1  Never sat on the rear facing seats downstairs then?

As a rule, I try to never sit downstairs, and never at the back! It's far too loud!

Plus, the rear windows are always too high to actually look out of so all you can see is sky unless you're standing up!

Michael

30 Jan 2020, 9:08 pm #518
(30 Jan 2020, 2:58 am)streetdeckfan [*]Red Kites Streetlites to move to services around Sunderland once the StreetDecks arrive, service not confirmed yet.
[*]
Thanks for the summary

I wonder which service the Red Kite streetlites will go on then at Sunderland, there's only 10 of them.

55 from Citaro to Streetlites, then the Citaro's on the 35.

So would be:

8 Citaro's on the 35

8 Streetlites on the 55

2 spare Streetlites will replace 2 of 5481-5487

----

Or:

10 Red Kite Streetlites to the 55 + 1 from Deptford (All GNE)

8 Citaro's to the 35

3 spare Citaro's

---------

Can't see the likes of the 2/2A/39 (already Streetlite) 38/238 or the X-lines X6/X7/X20 upgraded.

20/60/56 - confirmed - No upgrades (just the rebrand of the 56 and the 60 maybe in the future)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jan 2020, 9:08 pm #518

(30 Jan 2020, 2:58 am)streetdeckfan [*]Red Kites Streetlites to move to services around Sunderland once the StreetDecks arrive, service not confirmed yet.
[*]
Thanks for the summary

I wonder which service the Red Kite streetlites will go on then at Sunderland, there's only 10 of them.

55 from Citaro to Streetlites, then the Citaro's on the 35.

So would be:

8 Citaro's on the 35

8 Streetlites on the 55

2 spare Streetlites will replace 2 of 5481-5487

----

Or:

10 Red Kite Streetlites to the 55 + 1 from Deptford (All GNE)

8 Citaro's to the 35

3 spare Citaro's

---------

Can't see the likes of the 2/2A/39 (already Streetlite) 38/238 or the X-lines X6/X7/X20 upgraded.

20/60/56 - confirmed - No upgrades (just the rebrand of the 56 and the 60 maybe in the future)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

ne14ne1

30 Jan 2020, 9:19 pm #519
(30 Jan 2020, 8:57 pm)streetdeckfan As a rule, I try to never sit downstairs, and never at the back! It's far too loud!

Ah okay I didn’t realise you didn’t sit there. Keep them covered over then.

The back windows are at head height for those sat facing them - if only they could see through them.
ne14ne1
30 Jan 2020, 9:19 pm #519

(30 Jan 2020, 8:57 pm)streetdeckfan As a rule, I try to never sit downstairs, and never at the back! It's far too loud!

Ah okay I didn’t realise you didn’t sit there. Keep them covered over then.

The back windows are at head height for those sat facing them - if only they could see through them.

30 Jan 2020, 9:27 pm #520
(30 Jan 2020, 9:19 pm)ne14ne1 Ah okay I didn’t realise you didn’t sit there. Keep them covered over then.

Not on the StreetDeck they're not. It's slightly higher than eye level, and set back by quite a bit, and also quite narrow, so even if they were completely open, you'd see nothing but sky and maybe the top of a van.

E400MMC rear window I believe is slightly lower, but not by much, and not set back as far, but still in the same boat. 

Sure, if left uncovered they'd let a bit more natural light in, but they certainly won't give you a nice view!
streetdeckfan
30 Jan 2020, 9:27 pm #520

(30 Jan 2020, 9:19 pm)ne14ne1 Ah okay I didn’t realise you didn’t sit there. Keep them covered over then.

Not on the StreetDeck they're not. It's slightly higher than eye level, and set back by quite a bit, and also quite narrow, so even if they were completely open, you'd see nothing but sky and maybe the top of a van.

E400MMC rear window I believe is slightly lower, but not by much, and not set back as far, but still in the same boat. 

Sure, if left uncovered they'd let a bit more natural light in, but they certainly won't give you a nice view!

Pages (28) Previous 125 26 27 28 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average