Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next
Cock Robin

22 Jan 2020, 3:26 pm #81
(19 Jan 2020, 11:25 pm)Jimmi B9s get used when 7609/10 are unavailable  downside to that is the X93 allocations suffer as a result, nowt worse than being cramped in on a Lite or Temsa for over 2 hours

They don't necessarily suffer. Would rather have one of 7424-6 than 7401-6 on the X93 anyday.

(22 Jan 2020, 9:15 am)Kuyoyo X93 Winter Timetable ends 4th April - so 5th April. Which also is reportedly this year's first round of changes on the Teesside and East Cleveland network.

FIRST round?!  Sad

(20 Jan 2020, 8:08 am)GNE6312 I think it looks fine

White on silver? Hardly conspicuous. There's at least one Frontline taxi down Redcar way with silver names on white. Can hardly see it.
Edited 22 Jan 2020, 3:31 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
22 Jan 2020, 3:26 pm #81

(19 Jan 2020, 11:25 pm)Jimmi B9s get used when 7609/10 are unavailable  downside to that is the X93 allocations suffer as a result, nowt worse than being cramped in on a Lite or Temsa for over 2 hours

They don't necessarily suffer. Would rather have one of 7424-6 than 7401-6 on the X93 anyday.

(22 Jan 2020, 9:15 am)Kuyoyo X93 Winter Timetable ends 4th April - so 5th April. Which also is reportedly this year's first round of changes on the Teesside and East Cleveland network.

FIRST round?!  Sad

(20 Jan 2020, 8:08 am)GNE6312 I think it looks fine

White on silver? Hardly conspicuous. There's at least one Frontline taxi down Redcar way with silver names on white. Can hardly see it.

22 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm #82
A southbound X12 keeps breaking down between Newcastle and Gateshead. Not sure of the fleet number as the back is caked in dirt

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
22 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm #82

A southbound X12 keeps breaking down between Newcastle and Gateshead. Not sure of the fleet number as the back is caked in dirt

Cock Robin

22 Jan 2020, 6:47 pm #83
(22 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm)streetdeckfan A southbound X12 keeps breaking down between Newcastle and Gateshead. Not sure of the fleet number as the back is caked in dirt

Pulsar?
Cock Robin
22 Jan 2020, 6:47 pm #83

(22 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm)streetdeckfan A southbound X12 keeps breaking down between Newcastle and Gateshead. Not sure of the fleet number as the back is caked in dirt

Pulsar?

22 Jan 2020, 6:53 pm #84
(22 Jan 2020, 6:47 pm)Cock Robin Pulsar?
Yep. Been hobbling its way to Durham NIS since, got there the same time I did on the X21, and I got off at Gateshead for Greggs Pizza deal and caught the next one!

It broke down on Newgate Street, then again on Wellington Street when we overtook it

streetdeckfan
22 Jan 2020, 6:53 pm #84

(22 Jan 2020, 6:47 pm)Cock Robin Pulsar?
Yep. Been hobbling its way to Durham NIS since, got there the same time I did on the X21, and I got off at Gateshead for Greggs Pizza deal and caught the next one!

It broke down on Newgate Street, then again on Wellington Street when we overtook it

GNE6312

23 Jan 2020, 7:38 am #85
1504 has ended up back at Blyth with 1497 back at Jesmond. 1504 was on the X7/X8/X9 yesterday and is currently operating Blyth's 7:08 X30 from Bebside to Newcastle so will end up on the 308 later
GNE6312
23 Jan 2020, 7:38 am #85

1504 has ended up back at Blyth with 1497 back at Jesmond. 1504 was on the X7/X8/X9 yesterday and is currently operating Blyth's 7:08 X30 from Bebside to Newcastle so will end up on the 308 later

L469 YVK

23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm #86
Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

- Allocations on Jesmond routes are a joke
- 8-10 year old VDL Geminis still running some of Blyth's 'goldmine' services with cast off E400s and Volvo B7TLs also seeing use.
- Non existent Customer Services and Service Delivery

Not saying GNE and SNE are perfect by any means but the whole of Arriva's operation needs a shake up from top to bottom. Will probably never happen until DB sell it after asset stripping it. I personally hope whoever buys the operations from DB (either in whole or part) give them some much needed TLC.
L469 YVK
23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm #86

Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

- 8-10 year old VDL Geminis still running some of Blyth's 'goldmine' services with cast off E400s and Volvo B7TLs also seeing use.

Not saying GNE and SNE are perfect by any means but the whole of Arriva's operation needs a shake up from top to bottom. Will probably never happen until DB sell it after asset stripping it. I personally hope whoever buys the operations from DB (either in whole or part) give them some much needed TLC.

cbma06

23 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm #87
(23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm)L469 YVK Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

Last I heard that DB not selling arriva no more , there floating it on the stock market instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
23 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm #87

(23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm)L469 YVK Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

Last I heard that DB not selling arriva no more , there floating it on the stock market instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNE6312

23 Jan 2020, 7:16 pm #88
(23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm)L469 YVK Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

There's nothing wrong with the VDL Gemini 2s I get the X7 every day Monday to Friday which is a gemini 2 or Pulsar and both are very nice to ride. As for the B7s they are in amazing condition for their age especially compared to GNEs B7s which have horrible GAL seats and have rear doors yet get used in reversing bay bus stations as for arriva's they were refurbished and had the rear doors removed.
GNE6312
23 Jan 2020, 7:16 pm #88

(23 Jan 2020, 6:23 pm)L469 YVK Sorry to say this but after driving through Gosforth today, Arriva looks very run down. The only decent and or new vehicles within Northumbria now are 7541-52.

There's nothing wrong with the VDL Gemini 2s I get the X7 every day Monday to Friday which is a gemini 2 or Pulsar and both are very nice to ride. As for the B7s they are in amazing condition for their age especially compared to GNEs B7s which have horrible GAL seats and have rear doors yet get used in reversing bay bus stations as for arriva's they were refurbished and had the rear doors removed.

Jimmi

23 Jan 2020, 7:32 pm #89

Oh so the 'goldmine' services are using 8 year old VDL Gemini's that were refurbished a few years back (308 ones even more recently) whereas the Durham County arm of Arriva North East has many Pulsars of a similar age and some now 11 years old that have never had any TLC besides a mop and bucket, think we know which part of the North East really gets the good end of the deal, so boo hoo...

Granted I will admit the interior could be a bit more inspiring, not a fan of that droplets of paint splattered on floor look and USBs would be nice but compared to other parts of the network, they ain't doing too badly.
Jimmi
23 Jan 2020, 7:32 pm #89

Oh so the 'goldmine' services are using 8 year old VDL Gemini's that were refurbished a few years back (308 ones even more recently) whereas the Durham County arm of Arriva North East has many Pulsars of a similar age and some now 11 years old that have never had any TLC besides a mop and bucket, think we know which part of the North East really gets the good end of the deal, so boo hoo...

Granted I will admit the interior could be a bit more inspiring, not a fan of that droplets of paint splattered on floor look and USBs would be nice but compared to other parts of the network, they ain't doing too badly.

23 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm #90
(23 Jan 2020, 7:32 pm)Jimmi Oh so the 'goldmine' services are using 8 year old VDL Gemini's that were refurbished a few years back (308 ones even more recently) whereas the Durham County arm of Arriva North East has many Pulsars of a similar age and some now 11 years old that have never had any TLC besides a mop and bucket, think we know which part of the North East really gets the good end of the deal, so boo hoo...

Oh and then there’s Darlington that’s still running 05 plate Scanias and 08/58 plate solos
Stuartphin1639
23 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm #90

(23 Jan 2020, 7:32 pm)Jimmi Oh so the 'goldmine' services are using 8 year old VDL Gemini's that were refurbished a few years back (308 ones even more recently) whereas the Durham County arm of Arriva North East has many Pulsars of a similar age and some now 11 years old that have never had any TLC besides a mop and bucket, think we know which part of the North East really gets the good end of the deal, so boo hoo...

Oh and then there’s Darlington that’s still running 05 plate Scanias and 08/58 plate solos

23 Jan 2020, 9:30 pm #91

I don't even think they get the mop and bucket down here!
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2020, 9:30 pm #91

I don't even think they get the mop and bucket down here!

23 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm #92
On a similar subject I was thinking how tatty the Solos look on the 57 today, makes Scarlet Band look like a Sapphire service with their E200s.
deanmachine
23 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm #92

On a similar subject I was thinking how tatty the Solos look on the 57 today, makes Scarlet Band look like a Sapphire service with their E200s.

Jimmi

23 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm #93
(23 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm)deanmachine On a similar subject I was thinking how tatty the Solos look on the 57 today, makes Scarlet Band look like a Sapphire service with their E200s.
Some of them have never been repainted and then there's the seats inside which have faded so much, annoys me how we can't seem to manage to re-trim them yet Yorkshire Tiger treated the ex North East Solos
Jimmi
23 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm #93

(23 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm)deanmachine On a similar subject I was thinking how tatty the Solos look on the 57 today, makes Scarlet Band look like a Sapphire service with their E200s.
Some of them have never been repainted and then there's the seats inside which have faded so much, annoys me how we can't seem to manage to re-trim them yet Yorkshire Tiger treated the ex North East Solos

BusLoverMum

23 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #94
(23 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm)Jimmi Some of them have never been repainted and then there's the seats inside which have faded so much, annoys me how we can't seem to manage to re-trim them yet Yorkshire Tiger treated the ex North East Solos
They stink, as well.
BusLoverMum
23 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm #94

(23 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm)Jimmi Some of them have never been repainted and then there's the seats inside which have faded so much, annoys me how we can't seem to manage to re-trim them yet Yorkshire Tiger treated the ex North East Solos
They stink, as well.

Storx

24 Jan 2020, 12:47 am #95
The solos are in shocking state especially the few which are at Ashington they're literally falling apart and that's not even mentioning the MPD's which are even worse. Speaking of solos though does anyone know what the plan is with the ones at Jesmond when the new LEZ comes in as I can't see them being upgraded to Euro 6 and there's no minibuses which realistically could be either.

Whoever said about the interior of Arriva buses imo it's aged much better than both GNE and Stagecoach, the buses still feel modern imo. GNE's blue design just looks and feels tacky nowadays - blue really isn't in lately imo. (I know it's finally changed now) and Stagecoach's livery feels like something from the 90's / early 00's (which it is).
Storx
24 Jan 2020, 12:47 am #95

The solos are in shocking state especially the few which are at Ashington they're literally falling apart and that's not even mentioning the MPD's which are even worse. Speaking of solos though does anyone know what the plan is with the ones at Jesmond when the new LEZ comes in as I can't see them being upgraded to Euro 6 and there's no minibuses which realistically could be either.

Whoever said about the interior of Arriva buses imo it's aged much better than both GNE and Stagecoach, the buses still feel modern imo. GNE's blue design just looks and feels tacky nowadays - blue really isn't in lately imo. (I know it's finally changed now) and Stagecoach's livery feels like something from the 90's / early 00's (which it is).

24 Jan 2020, 3:00 am #96
(24 Jan 2020, 12:47 am)Storx The solos are in shocking state especially the few which are at Ashington they're literally falling apart and that's not even mentioning the MPD's which are even worse. Speaking of solos though does anyone know what the plan is with the ones at Jesmond when the new LEZ comes in as I can't see them being upgraded to Euro 6 and there's no minibuses which realistically could be either.

I personally prefer the shade of blue that GNE used on the leather seats compared to the one that Arriva uses. It seems to hide the dirt a lot easier, having said that it could be because Arriva never seem to wipe them down!
My personal favourite is the red and blue leather seats, although I prefer the leather they used to use, the one on the Angels is super slippery now but the 5 year old dark blue leather still feels new!

To be honest, I just really don't like Arriva's colour scheme, it's not as bad as Stagecoaches but it's not far off.
The vinyl flooring they used just looks tacky, they would have been better off using a plain flooring rather than one covered in Arriva logos!
streetdeckfan
24 Jan 2020, 3:00 am #96

(24 Jan 2020, 12:47 am)Storx The solos are in shocking state especially the few which are at Ashington they're literally falling apart and that's not even mentioning the MPD's which are even worse. Speaking of solos though does anyone know what the plan is with the ones at Jesmond when the new LEZ comes in as I can't see them being upgraded to Euro 6 and there's no minibuses which realistically could be either.

I personally prefer the shade of blue that GNE used on the leather seats compared to the one that Arriva uses. It seems to hide the dirt a lot easier, having said that it could be because Arriva never seem to wipe them down!
My personal favourite is the red and blue leather seats, although I prefer the leather they used to use, the one on the Angels is super slippery now but the 5 year old dark blue leather still feels new!

To be honest, I just really don't like Arriva's colour scheme, it's not as bad as Stagecoaches but it's not far off.
The vinyl flooring they used just looks tacky, they would have been better off using a plain flooring rather than one covered in Arriva logos!

OW1762

26 Jan 2020, 12:32 pm #97
Does anybody know why 7493 (Gemini) is at Durham depot?
OW1762
26 Jan 2020, 12:32 pm #97

Does anybody know why 7493 (Gemini) is at Durham depot?

S830OFT

26 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm #98
Replacement for 7453

S830OFT
26 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm #98

Replacement for 7453

OW1762

26 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #99
(26 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm)S830OFT Replacement for 7453
Thanks, so is it staying at durham in that case?
OW1762
26 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #99

(26 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm)S830OFT Replacement for 7453
Thanks, so is it staying at durham in that case?

S830OFT

26 Jan 2020, 8:17 pm #100
2825 has just been featured on tonight's ITVs Vera Episode.

S830OFT
26 Jan 2020, 8:17 pm #100

2825 has just been featured on tonight's ITVs Vera Episode.

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average