Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East New Driver

New Driver

New Driver

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 Jan 2020, 2:39 pm #1
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I am starting as a driver with GNE in the next few weeks out of the new Consett Depot. 

Just wondering if anyone on here works at Consett can tell me what its like there? Shift patterns Etc?

As a side note, ive lived in the HGV world for a lot of years and have a list of "must haves" with me when out and about. What do you as PCV drivers have in your kit bags that makes life easier for you on a day to day basis? 

Cheers,
WheelBus1986
15 Jan 2020, 2:39 pm #1

Hi All,

I am starting as a driver with GNE in the next few weeks out of the new Consett Depot. 

Just wondering if anyone on here works at Consett can tell me what its like there? Shift patterns Etc?

As a side note, ive lived in the HGV world for a lot of years and have a list of "must haves" with me when out and about. What do you as PCV drivers have in your kit bags that makes life easier for you on a day to day basis? 

Cheers,

Stanleyone

15 Jan 2020, 4:08 pm #2
(15 Jan 2020, 2:39 pm)WheelBus1986 Hi All,

Cheers,
Depends if you go on spare for Consett work or if you end up on cathedrals/Chester locals. Earliest start 6:11 last clock off 00:03 (mo-fr) 6:02-00:03 (sa) don’t work sundays / bank holidays. Saturday shifts are longer than mon-fri (standard rule on all rotas). On the road time can be up to 5:30hrs. Hope this helps before you get allocated to your mentor. 

In all honesty I carry as little as possible, bag is heavy enough with ticket rolls, weekly ticket holders and spare change etc.
Stanleyone
15 Jan 2020, 4:08 pm #2

(15 Jan 2020, 2:39 pm)WheelBus1986 Hi All,

Cheers,
Depends if you go on spare for Consett work or if you end up on cathedrals/Chester locals. Earliest start 6:11 last clock off 00:03 (mo-fr) 6:02-00:03 (sa) don’t work sundays / bank holidays. Saturday shifts are longer than mon-fri (standard rule on all rotas). On the road time can be up to 5:30hrs. Hope this helps before you get allocated to your mentor. 

In all honesty I carry as little as possible, bag is heavy enough with ticket rolls, weekly ticket holders and spare change etc.

16 Jan 2020, 8:53 pm #3
(15 Jan 2020, 4:08 pm)Stanleyone Depends if you go on spare for Consett work or if you end up on cathedrals/Chester locals. Earliest start 6:11 last clock off 00:03 (mo-fr) 6:02-00:03 (sa) don’t work sundays / bank holidays. Saturday shifts are longer than mon-fri (standard rule on all rotas). On the road time can be up to 5:30hrs. Hope this helps before you get allocated to your mentor. 

Thanks Stanleyone!

Is there a standard shift pattern you all follow if on Consett work? Also do all shifts start at the Depot? Im commuting 10 miles by bike so would rather not then have to travel further before starting my shift!

What are the facilities like at Consett, Are there showers and decent sized lockers?

Sorry for the long list!

Cheers,
WheelBus1986
16 Jan 2020, 8:53 pm #3

(15 Jan 2020, 4:08 pm)Stanleyone Depends if you go on spare for Consett work or if you end up on cathedrals/Chester locals. Earliest start 6:11 last clock off 00:03 (mo-fr) 6:02-00:03 (sa) don’t work sundays / bank holidays. Saturday shifts are longer than mon-fri (standard rule on all rotas). On the road time can be up to 5:30hrs. Hope this helps before you get allocated to your mentor. 

Thanks Stanleyone!

Is there a standard shift pattern you all follow if on Consett work? Also do all shifts start at the Depot? Im commuting 10 miles by bike so would rather not then have to travel further before starting my shift!

What are the facilities like at Consett, Are there showers and decent sized lockers?

Sorry for the long list!

Cheers,

Stanleyone

17 Jan 2020, 5:21 am #4
(16 Jan 2020, 8:53 pm)WheelBus1986 Thanks Stanleyone!

Sorry for the long list!

Cheers,
Most start/finish at depot, if not there’s a shuttle (V11) to/from depot.

showers at both depot & medomsley rd with 8 lockers split between sites, you’ll also have a locker (big enough for work bag) at each site. In terms of pattern, once you have a line you’ll obviously fit into the routine of shift work, but until then it’s random on the spares. 
hope this helps.
Stanleyone
17 Jan 2020, 5:21 am #4

(16 Jan 2020, 8:53 pm)WheelBus1986 Thanks Stanleyone!

Sorry for the long list!

Cheers,
Most start/finish at depot, if not there’s a shuttle (V11) to/from depot.

showers at both depot & medomsley rd with 8 lockers split between sites, you’ll also have a locker (big enough for work bag) at each site. In terms of pattern, once you have a line you’ll obviously fit into the routine of shift work, but until then it’s random on the spares. 
hope this helps.

Brian12

Unregistered

21 Jan 2020, 10:51 am #5
Hi Both,

Does Consett have a shuttle bus fir staff on early/lates shifts like Riverside? Does it come as far out as Blackhall Mill
Brian12
21 Jan 2020, 10:51 am #5

Hi Both,

Does Consett have a shuttle bus fir staff on early/lates shifts like Riverside? Does it come as far out as Blackhall Mill

Stanleyone

21 Jan 2020, 5:11 pm #6
(21 Jan 2020, 10:51 am)Brian12 Hi Both,

Hi yes it does, 2 pick ups am 4:35 & 5:35 (timed chop well) and 1 drop off timed to leave depot 24:28 (we work on it being the same day as clock on!!). V11 runs 10:00 (Depot) until 17:37 (Bus station).
Stanleyone
21 Jan 2020, 5:11 pm #6

(21 Jan 2020, 10:51 am)Brian12 Hi Both,

Hi yes it does, 2 pick ups am 4:35 & 5:35 (timed chop well) and 1 drop off timed to leave depot 24:28 (we work on it being the same day as clock on!!). V11 runs 10:00 (Depot) until 17:37 (Bus station).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average