Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15) Previous 1 2 315 Next
04 Feb 2020, 11:35 pm #21
I think Andreos was being sarcastic. Took me a few moments to realise as it's more difficult to tell via the written (typed) word.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
04 Feb 2020, 11:35 pm #21

I think Andreos was being sarcastic. Took me a few moments to realise as it's more difficult to tell via the written (typed) word.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

04 Feb 2020, 11:51 pm #22
(04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm)Andreos1 With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

Reading an article on the Sunderland Echo website, I saw this image.

Right, slap bang in the middle, is a green Streetlite on the 78 - blinded up for 'Park Lane'.
Buses haven't been able to go up Park Lane since it was pedestrianised in the late 90s. Cars can only go on a small stretch of it. 
Why on earth is the bus destination showing somewhere it physically can't get to? 
Park Lane Interchange/Bus Station isn't Park Lane.
They're two different (all be it close) places.
The 21 doesn't show Prudhoe Place, the 29 doesn't show High St West, the 93 doesn't show Sunderland Road and the 71 doesn't show Newbottle St...

Are you missing me? Wink 

I mean, I'm still here, but since I can't mention any of my 'go to' topics, there ain't really much to say!

I haven't even been at home recently to be able to travel on the unmentionable bus (I've been at my my grandparent's building a new kitchen, if anyone was interested). But I have seen that the 49s certainly do look a lot smarter with the vinyls removed, but perhaps a little too bare for my liking. Plus, I don't know if it's just my imagination, and I can't be bothered to look it up, but the 'swoop' seems to be quite a bit further forward than on the 2016 corporate livery and it looks quite awkward. Plus, the vinyls don't look like they've been removed very carefully, with patches of adhesive left all over, and on one what seems like a patch of paint missing.
I know they're not that old, and the paint is in fairly good condition, but they could do with a repaint in to the new corporate just to spruce them up a bit.
streetdeckfan
04 Feb 2020, 11:51 pm #22

(04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm)Andreos1 With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

Reading an article on the Sunderland Echo website, I saw this image.

Right, slap bang in the middle, is a green Streetlite on the 78 - blinded up for 'Park Lane'.
Buses haven't been able to go up Park Lane since it was pedestrianised in the late 90s. Cars can only go on a small stretch of it. 
Why on earth is the bus destination showing somewhere it physically can't get to? 
Park Lane Interchange/Bus Station isn't Park Lane.
They're two different (all be it close) places.
The 21 doesn't show Prudhoe Place, the 29 doesn't show High St West, the 93 doesn't show Sunderland Road and the 71 doesn't show Newbottle St...

Are you missing me? Wink 

I mean, I'm still here, but since I can't mention any of my 'go to' topics, there ain't really much to say!

I haven't even been at home recently to be able to travel on the unmentionable bus (I've been at my my grandparent's building a new kitchen, if anyone was interested). But I have seen that the 49s certainly do look a lot smarter with the vinyls removed, but perhaps a little too bare for my liking. Plus, I don't know if it's just my imagination, and I can't be bothered to look it up, but the 'swoop' seems to be quite a bit further forward than on the 2016 corporate livery and it looks quite awkward. Plus, the vinyls don't look like they've been removed very carefully, with patches of adhesive left all over, and on one what seems like a patch of paint missing.
I know they're not that old, and the paint is in fairly good condition, but they could do with a repaint in to the new corporate just to spruce them up a bit.

Jimmi

05 Feb 2020, 12:07 am #23
(04 Feb 2020, 11:51 pm)streetdeckfan Are you missing me? Wink 

I have been wondering about the swoop on the 49 lites, just had a look on Flickr and they seem to be in the same place as the corporate liveried examples... 5401 & 5439 however, the swoop is ever so slightly further towards the rear likely as they were repainted after being delivered in all over red corporate.

I have noticed some of those 49 Lites are not looking the best, think one has it's swoop coming away (may be confusing it for something else). Can't see them being repainted until at least all the other more pressing repaints like Blaydon Racer Citaros get done.
Jimmi
05 Feb 2020, 12:07 am #23

(04 Feb 2020, 11:51 pm)streetdeckfan Are you missing me? Wink 

I have been wondering about the swoop on the 49 lites, just had a look on Flickr and they seem to be in the same place as the corporate liveried examples... 5401 & 5439 however, the swoop is ever so slightly further towards the rear likely as they were repainted after being delivered in all over red corporate.

I have noticed some of those 49 Lites are not looking the best, think one has it's swoop coming away (may be confusing it for something else). Can't see them being repainted until at least all the other more pressing repaints like Blaydon Racer Citaros get done.

05 Feb 2020, 12:21 am #24
(05 Feb 2020, 12:07 am)Jimmi I have been wondering about the swoop on the 49 lites, just had a look on Flickr and they seem to be in the same place as the corporate liveried examples... 5401 however, the swoop is ever so slightly further towards the rear.

I don't know if it's just because I'm used to seeing 'The 49' there and now it's gone the blue space just seems so much larger (I'm guessing that's probably what it is)
They aren't in 'bad shape' by any means, so I'd guess if they were going to repaint (which MG has said is not planned), they'd just be done as and when they need it. 

I know The 49 was a pathetic excuse for a brand, but it was actually pretty nice to be able to see from quite a distance that it was indeed a 49!

Also, I know I said I wouldn't bring up NSAs and some think I'm a bit negative, but honestly I'm past caring about what other people think, so what I've noticed recently that really irritates me is services being referred to as 'your x service' rather than 'the x service'. It's a small thing, but I just don't like it.
Is it supposed to make it feel more personal?
streetdeckfan
05 Feb 2020, 12:21 am #24

(05 Feb 2020, 12:07 am)Jimmi I have been wondering about the swoop on the 49 lites, just had a look on Flickr and they seem to be in the same place as the corporate liveried examples... 5401 however, the swoop is ever so slightly further towards the rear.

I don't know if it's just because I'm used to seeing 'The 49' there and now it's gone the blue space just seems so much larger (I'm guessing that's probably what it is)
They aren't in 'bad shape' by any means, so I'd guess if they were going to repaint (which MG has said is not planned), they'd just be done as and when they need it. 

I know The 49 was a pathetic excuse for a brand, but it was actually pretty nice to be able to see from quite a distance that it was indeed a 49!

Also, I know I said I wouldn't bring up NSAs and some think I'm a bit negative, but honestly I'm past caring about what other people think, so what I've noticed recently that really irritates me is services being referred to as 'your x service' rather than 'the x service'. It's a small thing, but I just don't like it.

05 Feb 2020, 12:32 am #25
(05 Feb 2020, 12:21 am)streetdeckfan I don't know if it's just because I'm used to seeing 'The 49' there and now it's gone the blue space just seems so much larger (I'm guessing that's probably what it is)

You are really negative! Your absence was a breath of fresh air, sadly too short lived! No idea why your hobby is to pick fault with almost everything. Who cares what the NSAs say as long as they say the correct stops?! NSAs are very useful whether they say 'the' or 'your'. The fact you don't like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest as you don't like much!
OrangeArrow49
05 Feb 2020, 12:32 am #25

(05 Feb 2020, 12:21 am)streetdeckfan I don't know if it's just because I'm used to seeing 'The 49' there and now it's gone the blue space just seems so much larger (I'm guessing that's probably what it is)

You are really negative! Your absence was a breath of fresh air, sadly too short lived! No idea why your hobby is to pick fault with almost everything. Who cares what the NSAs say as long as they say the correct stops?! NSAs are very useful whether they say 'the' or 'your'. The fact you don't like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest as you don't like much!

05 Feb 2020, 1:05 am #26

The 49 wasn't a "pathetic excuse" for a brand, actually. It did its job in outlining the route with its branding on the cant rail. I actually quite liked the big 'badge' saying "The 49", and the same goes for "The 9".

Regarding the NSAs: when have they ever said 'your' rather than 'the'? That's news to me...
BeachBoy99
05 Feb 2020, 1:05 am #26

The 49 wasn't a "pathetic excuse" for a brand, actually. It did its job in outlining the route with its branding on the cant rail. I actually quite liked the big 'badge' saying "The 49", and the same goes for "The 9".

Regarding the NSAs: when have they ever said 'your' rather than 'the'? That's news to me...

05 Feb 2020, 1:14 am #27
(05 Feb 2020, 1:05 am)BeachBoy99 The 49 wasn't a "pathetic excuse" for a brand, actually. It did its job in outlining the route with its branding on the cant rail. I actually quite liked the big 'badge' saying "The 49", and the same goes for "The 9".

If you read a bit further on, you would have seen that I actually like The 49! I meant pathetic excuse more as a lack of 'effort' in the branding ie. just sticking a big 49 on the side and calling it a day!
With The 9 they at least put a bit of effort in with the people on the side

With the updated NSA on the X21, at Bishop it says "Welcome on board YOUR X-Lines X21 service to Newcastle", but then at Durham it says "Welcome to passengers joining us at Durham, this is THE X-Lines X21 service to Newcastle". I feel like they should stick to one or the other.
streetdeckfan
05 Feb 2020, 1:14 am #27

(05 Feb 2020, 1:05 am)BeachBoy99 The 49 wasn't a "pathetic excuse" for a brand, actually. It did its job in outlining the route with its branding on the cant rail. I actually quite liked the big 'badge' saying "The 49", and the same goes for "The 9".

If you read a bit further on, you would have seen that I actually like The 49! I meant pathetic excuse more as a lack of 'effort' in the branding ie. just sticking a big 49 on the side and calling it a day!

With the updated NSA on the X21, at Bishop it says "Welcome on board YOUR X-Lines X21 service to Newcastle", but then at Durham it says "Welcome to passengers joining us at Durham, this is THE X-Lines X21 service to Newcastle". I feel like they should stick to one or the other.

JP6004

05 Feb 2020, 8:12 am #28
(05 Feb 2020, 1:14 am)streetdeckfan If you read a bit further on, you would have seen that I actually like The 49! I meant pathetic excuse more as a lack of 'effort' in the branding ie. just sticking a big 49 on the side and calling it a day!

I have to agree, the 9 and 49 do seem pointless brands. Same as "The Nines" on the purple L94s. I think the destination displays were more helpful than the branding itself.
JP6004
05 Feb 2020, 8:12 am #28

(05 Feb 2020, 1:14 am)streetdeckfan If you read a bit further on, you would have seen that I actually like The 49! I meant pathetic excuse more as a lack of 'effort' in the branding ie. just sticking a big 49 on the side and calling it a day!

I have to agree, the 9 and 49 do seem pointless brands. Same as "The Nines" on the purple L94s. I think the destination displays were more helpful than the branding itself.

Jimmi

05 Feb 2020, 9:08 am #29
(05 Feb 2020, 12:32 am)OrangeArrow49 You are really negative! Your absence was a breath of fresh air, sadly too short lived! No idea why your hobby is to pick fault with almost everything. Who cares what the NSAs say as long as they say the correct stops?! NSAs are very useful whether they say 'the' or 'your'. The fact you don't like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest as you don't like much!
Personally I feel as balance you need to have a bit of negativity as not everything can be good, I am forever picking up faults with companies even some of the more respected ones which has put me in the firing line when I've done so even though my criticism has been well justified, criticised an independent for having a service that would regularly be running late only for someone to say you could set your watch by them.

I personally hate some of the over praising going round in the hobby atm, especially with Transdev, they do some good things that deserve praise but then there's stuff that does not warrant a pass which again does not go down too well. I cringe at some posts over praising things to the point of arse kissing.

In my mind everything should be open to fair praise/criticism, some of the service suggestion posts I've seen on here would never work in a million ways and I have tried to fairly put my points across as to why I think that is and on some occasions I've felt my criticisms have not been taken well by the poster as a similar post pops up again about a month later.

If you think Streetdeckfan's level of moaning is bad, you should be glad you weren't on here between around 2014-2016 when I pretty much flooded the annoying threads with pretty much every little thing that wound me up. For the record whilst I am still easily irritated, I now handle things a lot better so I hope some can now look past that stage although poor quality public transport lately is really testing me at the moment.
Jimmi
05 Feb 2020, 9:08 am #29

(05 Feb 2020, 12:32 am)OrangeArrow49 You are really negative! Your absence was a breath of fresh air, sadly too short lived! No idea why your hobby is to pick fault with almost everything. Who cares what the NSAs say as long as they say the correct stops?! NSAs are very useful whether they say 'the' or 'your'. The fact you don't like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest as you don't like much!
Personally I feel as balance you need to have a bit of negativity as not everything can be good, I am forever picking up faults with companies even some of the more respected ones which has put me in the firing line when I've done so even though my criticism has been well justified, criticised an independent for having a service that would regularly be running late only for someone to say you could set your watch by them.

I personally hate some of the over praising going round in the hobby atm, especially with Transdev, they do some good things that deserve praise but then there's stuff that does not warrant a pass which again does not go down too well. I cringe at some posts over praising things to the point of arse kissing.

In my mind everything should be open to fair praise/criticism, some of the service suggestion posts I've seen on here would never work in a million ways and I have tried to fairly put my points across as to why I think that is and on some occasions I've felt my criticisms have not been taken well by the poster as a similar post pops up again about a month later.

If you think Streetdeckfan's level of moaning is bad, you should be glad you weren't on here between around 2014-2016 when I pretty much flooded the annoying threads with pretty much every little thing that wound me up. For the record whilst I am still easily irritated, I now handle things a lot better so I hope some can now look past that stage although poor quality public transport lately is really testing me at the moment.

05 Feb 2020, 9:15 am #30
Jimmi If you think Streetdeckfan's level of moaning is bad, you should be glad you weren't on here between around 2014-2016 when I pretty much flooded the annoying threads with pretty much every little thing that wound me up. For the record whilst I am still easily irritated, I now handle things a lot better so I hope some can now look past that stage although poor quality public transport lately is really testing me at the moment.
I recall that as being a period when the Forum was littered with some people talking utter drivel, so it was always a relief to see a post from you and know that it would be well thought out and factual!
Ianthegoon
05 Feb 2020, 9:15 am #30

Jimmi If you think Streetdeckfan's level of moaning is bad, you should be glad you weren't on here between around 2014-2016 when I pretty much flooded the annoying threads with pretty much every little thing that wound me up. For the record whilst I am still easily irritated, I now handle things a lot better so I hope some can now look past that stage although poor quality public transport lately is really testing me at the moment.
I recall that as being a period when the Forum was littered with some people talking utter drivel, so it was always a relief to see a post from you and know that it would be well thought out and factual!

Andreos1

05 Feb 2020, 9:43 am #31
(04 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm)JP6004 But that reckoning shouldn't they say eldon square bus station since the buses dont go into the shopping centre? Should they say Washington galleries bus station as they dont go into the galleries. Should the Q1 say Neville street since it doesn't go into the station?

Everyone knows the terminus as Park Lane, Eldon Square, Central Station so I dont see problem with them not displaying that the terminus is an interchange or bus station.

The 71 also does a loop of Houghton , not just stopping on Newbottle street.  The 93/94 do not stop on Sunderland Road, therefore why mention it?  

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

The 71 doesn't do a loop of Houghton at all. It goes in, stops at its two stops and then comes back out. Stopping at the opposite two stops. 

The 93/94 did stop on Sunderland Road until recently (a lot more recently than the last bus which went up Park Lane!), but the point was more about it being a road just near to the bus station. Like Park Lane/Park Lane Interchange.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Feb 2020, 9:43 am #31

(04 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm)JP6004 But that reckoning shouldn't they say eldon square bus station since the buses dont go into the shopping centre? Should they say Washington galleries bus station as they dont go into the galleries. Should the Q1 say Neville street since it doesn't go into the station?

Everyone knows the terminus as Park Lane, Eldon Square, Central Station so I dont see problem with them not displaying that the terminus is an interchange or bus station.

The 71 also does a loop of Houghton , not just stopping on Newbottle street.  The 93/94 do not stop on Sunderland Road, therefore why mention it?  

The 71 doesn't do a loop of Houghton at all. It goes in, stops at its two stops and then comes back out. Stopping at the opposite two stops. 

The 93/94 did stop on Sunderland Road until recently (a lot more recently than the last bus which went up Park Lane!), but the point was more about it being a road just near to the bus station. Like Park Lane/Park Lane Interchange.

05 Feb 2020, 9:47 am #32
(05 Feb 2020, 9:08 am)Jimmi Personally I feel as balance you need to have a bit of negativity as not everything can be good, I am forever picking up faults with companies even some of the more respected ones which has put me in the firing line when I've done so even though my criticism has been well justified, criticised an independent for having a service that would regularly be running late only for someone to say you could set your watch by them.

I personally don't think I moan /that/ much! I might be a bit of a pessimist, but I'm certainly not negative for the sake of being negative! (although I do quite like winding people up)

Whenever I criticise something, I always try to explain why I don't like it, and how I would improve it.  Likewise, if there's something I like, I talk about that as well (which seems to be completely ignored)

As I've said in the past, I have a very long list of things I dislike about GNE (and an even longer one about Arriva!), but I believe I've only really mentioned a handful of them on here! 
Some of the things I've 'complained' about have been genuine, like the NSA for instance. I think it's absolutely unacceptable for the NSA to be disabled for the best part of a year on the X21.
My criticism of the GNE app was very valid, proved by the point that it has now been completely replaced, the new one is excellent in comparison (although still has stops that are no longer used, new stops haven't been added yet, and southbound X21s aren't tracking again!)

I too hate the rampant 'fanboyism' with some of the operators. I must admit, I am a bit of a fanboy when it comes to GNE (I even bought a house because it had a GNE service), but I will by no means praise them when they don't deserve it!

If people want to criticise my opinions, I don't particularly care, I can handle it, I've had worse things said to me by bus drivers than I have by people on here. Although with some comments recently I've had to tame my responses back quite a lot as I don't really want to get banned! (Going off one person's comments, I think it's less about me being negative and more them just not liking me because of something else)
streetdeckfan
05 Feb 2020, 9:47 am #32

(05 Feb 2020, 9:08 am)Jimmi Personally I feel as balance you need to have a bit of negativity as not everything can be good, I am forever picking up faults with companies even some of the more respected ones which has put me in the firing line when I've done so even though my criticism has been well justified, criticised an independent for having a service that would regularly be running late only for someone to say you could set your watch by them.

I personally don't think I moan /that/ much! I might be a bit of a pessimist, but I'm certainly not negative for the sake of being negative! (although I do quite like winding people up)

Whenever I criticise something, I always try to explain why I don't like it, and how I would improve it.  Likewise, if there's something I like, I talk about that as well (which seems to be completely ignored)

As I've said in the past, I have a very long list of things I dislike about GNE (and an even longer one about Arriva!), but I believe I've only really mentioned a handful of them on here! 
Some of the things I've 'complained' about have been genuine, like the NSA for instance. I think it's absolutely unacceptable for the NSA to be disabled for the best part of a year on the X21.
My criticism of the GNE app was very valid, proved by the point that it has now been completely replaced, the new one is excellent in comparison (although still has stops that are no longer used, new stops haven't been added yet, and southbound X21s aren't tracking again!)

I too hate the rampant 'fanboyism' with some of the operators. I must admit, I am a bit of a fanboy when it comes to GNE (I even bought a house because it had a GNE service), but I will by no means praise them when they don't deserve it!

If people want to criticise my opinions, I don't particularly care, I can handle it, I've had worse things said to me by bus drivers than I have by people on here. Although with some comments recently I've had to tame my responses back quite a lot as I don't really want to get banned! (Going off one person's comments, I think it's less about me being negative and more them just not liking me because of something else)

05 Feb 2020, 10:29 am #33
Think you're forgetting too that Park Lane is the name of the Metro Station, not just the road or interchange.
deanmachine
05 Feb 2020, 10:29 am #33

Think you're forgetting too that Park Lane is the name of the Metro Station, not just the road or interchange.

05 Feb 2020, 11:54 am #34
(05 Feb 2020, 9:47 am)streetdeckfan I personally don't think I moan /that/ much! I might be a bit of a pessimist, but I'm certainly not negative for the sake of being negative! (although I do quite like winding people up)

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, respected or not.

I guess it just shows your passion for bus enthusiasm in a way.
BeachBoy99
05 Feb 2020, 11:54 am #34

(05 Feb 2020, 9:47 am)streetdeckfan I personally don't think I moan /that/ much! I might be a bit of a pessimist, but I'm certainly not negative for the sake of being negative! (although I do quite like winding people up)

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, respected or not.

I guess it just shows your passion for bus enthusiasm in a way.

Rob44

05 Feb 2020, 12:41 pm #35
I tend tpo moan about GNE but thats cause its the only service I use now living in their territory. But for balance can I just say it great to have NSA on the 28b!!!!
Rob44
05 Feb 2020, 12:41 pm #35

I tend tpo moan about GNE but thats cause its the only service I use now living in their territory. But for balance can I just say it great to have NSA on the 28b!!!!

big mac

05 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm #36
(05 Feb 2020, 8:12 am)JP6004 I have to agree, the 9 and 49 do seem pointless brands. Same as "The Nines" on the purple L94s. I think the destination displays were more helpful than the branding itself.
I think the main flaw with those brands is that they don't have a name. I suppose there's one argument to say that they've just kept it simple, but when you've had stuff like Castles Express, Angel, Blaydon Racer etc, and then you've just got "the 9" it just has that look of them having got to that one and just thought sod it, can't he arsed to think of anything.
big mac
05 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm #36

(05 Feb 2020, 8:12 am)JP6004 I have to agree, the 9 and 49 do seem pointless brands. Same as "The Nines" on the purple L94s. I think the destination displays were more helpful than the branding itself.
I think the main flaw with those brands is that they don't have a name. I suppose there's one argument to say that they've just kept it simple, but when you've had stuff like Castles Express, Angel, Blaydon Racer etc, and then you've just got "the 9" it just has that look of them having got to that one and just thought sod it, can't he arsed to think of anything.

JP6004

05 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm #37
(05 Feb 2020, 9:43 am)Andreos1 The 71 doesn't do a loop of Houghton at all. It goes in, stops at its two stops and then comes back out. Stopping at the opposite two stops. 

By point is there is no terminus on newbottle street. It loops back round on itself.

Yes the 93 used to, so why should it be included now

JP6004
05 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm #37

(05 Feb 2020, 9:43 am)Andreos1 The 71 doesn't do a loop of Houghton at all. It goes in, stops at its two stops and then comes back out. Stopping at the opposite two stops. 

By point is there is no terminus on newbottle street. It loops back round on itself.

Andreos1

05 Feb 2020, 2:55 pm #38
(05 Feb 2020, 10:29 am)deanmachine Think you're forgetting too that Park Lane is the name of the Metro Station, not just the road or interchange.

In which case, why don't they have the M at the end of the blind? 

(05 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm)JP6004 By point is there is no terminus on newbottle street. It loops back round on itself.

Sunderland Road was a part of the 93/94 route. It is next to where it terminates.

Park Lane was a part of the 78 (778 route).
It is next to where it terminates.

Andreos1
05 Feb 2020, 2:55 pm #38

(05 Feb 2020, 10:29 am)deanmachine Think you're forgetting too that Park Lane is the name of the Metro Station, not just the road or interchange.

In which case, why don't they have the M at the end of the blind? 

(05 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm)JP6004 By point is there is no terminus on newbottle street. It loops back round on itself.

Sunderland Road was a part of the 93/94 route. It is next to where it terminates.

Park Lane was a part of the 78 (778 route).
It is next to where it terminates.

05 Feb 2020, 5:34 pm #39
(05 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm)big mac I think the main flaw with those brands is that they don't have a name. I suppose there's one argument to say that they've just kept it simple, but when you've had stuff like Castles Express, Angel, Blaydon Racer etc, and then you've just got "the 9" it just has that look of them having got to that one and just thought sod it, can't he arsed to think of anything.

Castles Express will always be my favourite route brand. There's something about it that just sounds premium, much better than X-Lines imo. That's not to say I don't like X-Lines, I've really came round to it, and the buses themselves in the X-Lines livery do look very smart!
Plus, it just really flows on the NSA ("This is the Castles Express X21 Service to Newcastle"), whereas X-Lines just sounds very harsh ("This is the X-Lines X21 Service to Newcastle"). I think I just find 4 syllable route brands more pleasing on the ear
streetdeckfan
05 Feb 2020, 5:34 pm #39

(05 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm)big mac I think the main flaw with those brands is that they don't have a name. I suppose there's one argument to say that they've just kept it simple, but when you've had stuff like Castles Express, Angel, Blaydon Racer etc, and then you've just got "the 9" it just has that look of them having got to that one and just thought sod it, can't he arsed to think of anything.

Castles Express will always be my favourite route brand. There's something about it that just sounds premium, much better than X-Lines imo. That's not to say I don't like X-Lines, I've really came round to it, and the buses themselves in the X-Lines livery do look very smart!
Plus, it just really flows on the NSA ("This is the Castles Express X21 Service to Newcastle"), whereas X-Lines just sounds very harsh ("This is the X-Lines X21 Service to Newcastle"). I think I just find 4 syllable route brands more pleasing on the ear

BusLoverMum

05 Feb 2020, 6:48 pm #40
That's why it's an interchange. You can change between 2 different modes of public transport, there.
BusLoverMum
05 Feb 2020, 6:48 pm #40

That's why it's an interchange. You can change between 2 different modes of public transport, there.

Pages (15) Previous 1 2 315 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average