Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15): 1 2 315 Next
BusLoverMum

31 Jan 2020, 11:51 pm #1
(31 Jan 2020, 9:19 am)streetdeckfan 6332 is sounding a bit iffy again, idle seems to be a lot more rattly than usual.

And just in case anyone wasn't fed up with me bringing up NSA, it seems to be stuck on the southbound journey, announcing 'This is X21 to Bishop Auckland' even on the northbound journey and not announcing any stops. It's a welcome bit of silence!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Had passengers moaning about the blurb about Newxastle's new castle, yesterday.
BusLoverMum
31 Jan 2020, 11:51 pm #1

(31 Jan 2020, 9:19 am)streetdeckfan 6332 is sounding a bit iffy again, idle seems to be a lot more rattly than usual.

And just in case anyone wasn't fed up with me bringing up NSA, it seems to be stuck on the southbound journey, announcing 'This is X21 to Bishop Auckland' even on the northbound journey and not announcing any stops. It's a welcome bit of silence!

Had passengers moaning about the blurb about Newxastle's new castle, yesterday.

31 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm #2
(31 Jan 2020, 11:51 pm)BusLoverMum Had passengers moaning about the blurb about Newxastle's new castle, yesterday.
It does go on a bit like! Same at Durham as well.

streetdeckfan
31 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm #2

(31 Jan 2020, 11:51 pm)BusLoverMum Had passengers moaning about the blurb about Newxastle's new castle, yesterday.
It does go on a bit like! Same at Durham as well.

01 Feb 2020, 2:19 am #3
(31 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm)streetdeckfan It does go on a bit like! Same at Durham as well.

StreetDeckFan,

I really don't want to be rude, but could you perhaps zip it?

Literally, all you do is whinge about the slightest inconvenience. It's getting really boring coming onto the forum on a daily basis and seeing that the latest updates are from you, complaining.

You just have to get over it. I hate the new timetables – wow. You've just got to accept that it's life and move on because you can't have everything your way. In the grand scheme of things, the fact that OmniDekkas are seen on the X21, that its NSA are not working, or that you don't think it's an express route, isn't going to kill you. Think outside the box; let Dan and the rest of the team get on with the fantastic job they do every day instead of intending to put more pressure on them because you're not satisfied.

Just an observation that you're obsessiveness with putting the company down is really quite irritating now.

If you want to come back at me with hate, feel free. But I'm just stating the obvious. I'm sure you're a great guy, but the criticism is way over the top now.
BeachBoy99
01 Feb 2020, 2:19 am #3

(31 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm)streetdeckfan It does go on a bit like! Same at Durham as well.

StreetDeckFan,

Literally, all you do is whinge about the slightest inconvenience. It's getting really boring coming onto the forum on a daily basis and seeing that the latest updates are from you, complaining.

You just have to get over it. I hate the new timetables – wow. You've just got to accept that it's life and move on because you can't have everything your way. In the grand scheme of things, the fact that OmniDekkas are seen on the X21, that its NSA are not working, or that you don't think it's an express route, isn't going to kill you. Think outside the box; let Dan and the rest of the team get on with the fantastic job they do every day instead of intending to put more pressure on them because you're not satisfied.

Just an observation that you're obsessiveness with putting the company down is really quite irritating now.

If you want to come back at me with hate, feel free. But I'm just stating the obvious. I'm sure you're a great guy, but the criticism is way over the top now.

01 Feb 2020, 2:29 am #4
(01 Feb 2020, 2:19 am)BeachBoy99 StreetDeckFan,

I agree with this. GNE have a business to run and they're clearly in a transformational stage, so things aren't going to be perfect for a while yet - but it's an improvement on what we all used to have.
omnicity4659
01 Feb 2020, 2:29 am #4

(01 Feb 2020, 2:19 am)BeachBoy99 StreetDeckFan,

I agree with this. GNE have a business to run and they're clearly in a transformational stage, so things aren't going to be perfect for a while yet - but it's an improvement on what we all used to have.

big mac

01 Feb 2020, 10:36 am #5
(31 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)Acky81 I used to view this forum daily but I can’t be the only person who is fed up reading about the 21 and x21 posts. There’s other routes to talk about!!! I know these are popular routes but it’s getting boring now
As both of those services have recently changed then that's why people have been talking about them for the past week or so. After the changes bed in it will probably die down, and the next time GNE change another service, people will probably talk about that when it happens. Is the point of this thread not to react to current events regarding GNE?
big mac
01 Feb 2020, 10:36 am #5

(31 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)Acky81 I used to view this forum daily but I can’t be the only person who is fed up reading about the 21 and x21 posts. There’s other routes to talk about!!! I know these are popular routes but it’s getting boring now
As both of those services have recently changed then that's why people have been talking about them for the past week or so. After the changes bed in it will probably die down, and the next time GNE change another service, people will probably talk about that when it happens. Is the point of this thread not to react to current events regarding GNE?

Andreos1

01 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm #6
(31 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)Acky81 I used to view this forum daily but I can’t be the only person who is fed up reading about the 21 and x21 posts.  There’s other routes to talk about!!! I know these are popular routes but it’s getting boring now

Like those ones that go through Doxford Park and you often talk about?

The 21 and X21 aren't really my bag either, but if they're the current focus of discussion, then so be it. I don't see what the problem is. 

If you want to talk about other services, bring them in to the debate and talk about them.

I often brought up the 71 in the past and the poor level of service in a certain area. 
People might have got sick of it, but nobody offered an alternative. 

I don't think the current 71 deserves the time of day to even bring it up. 
A pointless waste of resource and money imo and would be far better going back to its previous incarnation as the 21A or at the very least, the 36.
People seemed to use it then.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm #6

(31 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)Acky81 I used to view this forum daily but I can’t be the only person who is fed up reading about the 21 and x21 posts.  There’s other routes to talk about!!! I know these are popular routes but it’s getting boring now

Like those ones that go through Doxford Park and you often talk about?

The 21 and X21 aren't really my bag either, but if they're the current focus of discussion, then so be it. I don't see what the problem is. 

If you want to talk about other services, bring them in to the debate and talk about them.

I often brought up the 71 in the past and the poor level of service in a certain area. 

A pointless waste of resource and money imo and would be far better going back to its previous incarnation as the 21A or at the very least, the 36.

LVK 404L

01 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm #7
(01 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm)Andreos1 Like those ones that go through Doxford Park and you often talk about?

Or even the previous 71 that it was prior to the 36...or even go way back to when it was the 735 before the 21A and was quite busy when I used it on 735 so was a success of some sort back in the day.
LVK 404L
01 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm #7

(01 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm)Andreos1 Like those ones that go through Doxford Park and you often talk about?

Or even the previous 71 that it was prior to the 36...or even go way back to when it was the 735 before the 21A and was quite busy when I used it on 735 so was a success of some sort back in the day.

Andreos1

01 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm #8
(01 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm)ifm001 Or even the previous 71 that it was prior to the 36...or even go way back to when it was the 735 before the 21A and was quite busy when I used it on 735 so was a success of some sort back in the day.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of the 71. Although at least it worked late when it first ran all the way through to/from Sunderland. 

I do take your point about the 735 though. Ditto the 231.
The days when you could actually get places, without the faff of a connection!

Andreos1
01 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm #8

(01 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm)ifm001 Or even the previous 71 that it was prior to the 36...or even go way back to when it was the 735 before the 21A and was quite busy when I used it on 735 so was a success of some sort back in the day.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of the 71. Although at least it worked late when it first ran all the way through to/from Sunderland. 

I do take your point about the 735 though. Ditto the 231.
The days when you could actually get places, without the faff of a connection!

01 Feb 2020, 10:32 pm #9
Fine, let's see how far we can get through February without bringing up the 21, X21, Timetables or NSA!

Or maybe, I'll just not bother coming back at all if I'm not welcome! That sounds like a better choice

streetdeckfan
01 Feb 2020, 10:32 pm #9

Fine, let's see how far we can get through February without bringing up the 21, X21, Timetables or NSA!

Or maybe, I'll just not bother coming back at all if I'm not welcome! That sounds like a better choice

02 Feb 2020, 12:36 am #10
(01 Feb 2020, 10:32 pm)streetdeckfan Fine, let's see how far we can get through February without bringing up the 21, X21, Timetables or NSA!

You are welcome here. All I'm saying is tone the criticism down because it's so repetitive.
BeachBoy99
02 Feb 2020, 12:36 am #10

(01 Feb 2020, 10:32 pm)streetdeckfan Fine, let's see how far we can get through February without bringing up the 21, X21, Timetables or NSA!

You are welcome here. All I'm saying is tone the criticism down because it's so repetitive.

Andreos1

02 Feb 2020, 10:55 am #11

I remember when GNE staff took a similar stance on here on more than one occasion. 
A warning came out, telling members we had to be nice to them otherwise insider information would stop being shared. 

Those were the days.

Andreos1
02 Feb 2020, 10:55 am #11

I remember when GNE staff took a similar stance on here on more than one occasion. 
A warning came out, telling members we had to be nice to them otherwise insider information would stop being shared. 

Those were the days.

Rob44

02 Feb 2020, 12:21 pm #12
(02 Feb 2020, 10:55 am)Andreos1 I remember when GNE staff took a similar stance on here on more than one occasion. 

Those were the days.

I was a member on a Darts forum. We were told in no uncertain terms to be nice to them when they were online.... of course this didn't happen and they took their ball and left!
Rob44
02 Feb 2020, 12:21 pm #12

(02 Feb 2020, 10:55 am)Andreos1 I remember when GNE staff took a similar stance on here on more than one occasion. 

Those were the days.

I was a member on a Darts forum. We were told in no uncertain terms to be nice to them when they were online.... of course this didn't happen and they took their ball and left!

grandad

02 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm #13
Since the UK has now left the EU, will stage carriage services which operate over 50 Km now operate as one service instead of being split as EU rules will no longer apply?
grandad
02 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm #13

Since the UK has now left the EU, will stage carriage services which operate over 50 Km now operate as one service instead of being split as EU rules will no longer apply?

JP6004

02 Feb 2020, 1:58 pm #14
For those that dont have twitter, MG posted high res design for Xlines X1. As not VIP on tapatalk cant upload the full hi res version. But here it is...[Image: 7882d5694718b8e58d44d41553b0b1f6.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
JP6004
02 Feb 2020, 1:58 pm #14

For those that dont have twitter, MG posted high res design for Xlines X1. As not VIP on tapatalk cant upload the full hi res version. But here it is...[Image: 7882d5694718b8e58d44d41553b0b1f6.jpg]

cbma06

02 Feb 2020, 2:42 pm #15
(02 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm)grandad Since the UK has now left the EU, will stage carriage services which operate over 50 Km now operate as one service instead of being split as EU rules will no longer apply?

Everything stays the same nothing will change until 1st of January 2021. New rules will be in placed, depends if the Uk adopts the EU rules of 50 Km and buses have to be euro5 euro6 etc... UK should not adopt these rules so buses can still be in service work for 20+ years as what it used to be like and build the buses like what there used to and not to last for 7 years or so to be scrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
02 Feb 2020, 2:42 pm #15

(02 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm)grandad Since the UK has now left the EU, will stage carriage services which operate over 50 Km now operate as one service instead of being split as EU rules will no longer apply?

Everything stays the same nothing will change until 1st of January 2021. New rules will be in placed, depends if the Uk adopts the EU rules of 50 Km and buses have to be euro5 euro6 etc... UK should not adopt these rules so buses can still be in service work for 20+ years as what it used to be like and build the buses like what there used to and not to last for 7 years or so to be scrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 Feb 2020, 7:24 pm #16
How do the X30 interworkings work on a evening and what time are the last Xlines buses on the x30 roughly taken off.

Appears Riverside run some later journeys
Arcticrossy92
03 Feb 2020, 7:24 pm #16

How do the X30 interworkings work on a evening and what time are the last Xlines buses on the x30 roughly taken off.

pbjd

03 Feb 2020, 7:32 pm #17
(03 Feb 2020, 7:24 pm)Arcticrossy92 How do the X30 interworkings work on a evening and what time are the last Xlines buses on the x30 roughly taken off.

X30 mostly runs off 6A, and I believe some runs off 12s.
pbjd
03 Feb 2020, 7:32 pm #17

(03 Feb 2020, 7:24 pm)Arcticrossy92 How do the X30 interworkings work on a evening and what time are the last Xlines buses on the x30 roughly taken off.

X30 mostly runs off 6A, and I believe some runs off 12s.

03 Feb 2020, 8:06 pm #18
(03 Feb 2020, 7:32 pm)pbjd X30 mostly runs off 6A, and I believe some runs off 12s.

Yeah just got off a toon link x30! Thought I had went back in time.

Currently on 718 and it has NSA (a screen at least!)
Arcticrossy92
03 Feb 2020, 8:06 pm #18

(03 Feb 2020, 7:32 pm)pbjd X30 mostly runs off 6A, and I believe some runs off 12s.

Yeah just got off a toon link x30! Thought I had went back in time.

Currently on 718 and it has NSA (a screen at least!)

Andreos1

04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm #19
With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

Reading an article on the Sunderland Echo website, I saw this image.
.jpg
Screenshot_20200204_221113_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Size: 715.05 KB / Downloads: 40

Right, slap bang in the middle, is a green Streetlite on the 78 - blinded up for 'Park Lane'.
Buses haven't been able to go up Park Lane since it was pedestrianised in the late 90s. Cars can only go on a small stretch of it. 
Why on earth is the bus destination showing somewhere it physically can't get to? 
Park Lane Interchange/Bus Station isn't Park Lane.
They're two different (all be it close) places.
The 21 doesn't show Prudhoe Place, the 29 doesn't show High St West, the 93 doesn't show Sunderland Road and the 71 doesn't show Newbottle St...

Andreos1
04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm #19

With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

.jpg
Screenshot_20200204_221113_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Size: 715.05 KB / Downloads: 40

Right, slap bang in the middle, is a green Streetlite on the 78 - blinded up for 'Park Lane'.
Buses haven't been able to go up Park Lane since it was pedestrianised in the late 90s. Cars can only go on a small stretch of it. 
Why on earth is the bus destination showing somewhere it physically can't get to? 
The 21 doesn't show Prudhoe Place, the 29 doesn't show High St West, the 93 doesn't show Sunderland Road and the 71 doesn't show Newbottle St...

JP6004

04 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm #20
(04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm)Andreos1 With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

But that reckoning shouldn't they say eldon square bus station since the buses dont go into the shopping centre? Should they say Washington galleries bus station as they dont go into the galleries. Should the Q1 say Neville street since it doesn't go into the station?

Everyone knows the terminus as Park Lane, Eldon Square, Central Station so I dont see problem with them not displaying that the terminus is an interchange or bus station.

The 71 also does a loop of Houghton, not just stopping on Newbottle street. The 93/94 do not stop on Sunderland Road, therefore why mention it?

JP6004
04 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm #20

(04 Feb 2020, 10:50 pm)Andreos1 With the apparent absence of streetdeckfan and there not being much conversation at all from anyone... 

But that reckoning shouldn't they say eldon square bus station since the buses dont go into the shopping centre? Should they say Washington galleries bus station as they dont go into the galleries. Should the Q1 say Neville street since it doesn't go into the station?

Everyone knows the terminus as Park Lane, Eldon Square, Central Station so I dont see problem with them not displaying that the terminus is an interchange or bus station.

The 71 also does a loop of Houghton, not just stopping on Newbottle street. The 93/94 do not stop on Sunderland Road, therefore why mention it?

Pages (15): 1 2 315 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average