Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12): Previous 110 11 12
Andreos1

29 Feb 2020, 12:39 pm #221
(28 Feb 2020, 10:08 pm)tyresmoke Lets be honest who's going to miss the 81 between Guisborough and Stokesley other than a few ENCTS passengers (which NYCC reimbursement is shockingly bad anyway) and the odd fare payer? It's a shame, but it's clearly not viable and most other parts of the route are covered by other options anyway. Great Ayton still has the 28a which offers an hourly service to Stokesley which more than covers the demand there.

'Not enough money to be made, so screw them. We can save money elsewhere'

Yet at the same time, we hear tales of operators complaining about traffic and congestion. 
One service being cut or reduced can only have a negative knock-on effect in those areas and across the network.
Those ENCTS passengers and fare payers who have alternative transport are only going to add to any traffic issues in the area. Not reduce it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Feb 2020, 12:39 pm #221

(28 Feb 2020, 10:08 pm)tyresmoke Lets be honest who's going to miss the 81 between Guisborough and Stokesley other than a few ENCTS passengers (which NYCC reimbursement is shockingly bad anyway) and the odd fare payer? It's a shame, but it's clearly not viable and most other parts of the route are covered by other options anyway. Great Ayton still has the 28a which offers an hourly service to Stokesley which more than covers the demand there.

'Not enough money to be made, so screw them. We can save money elsewhere'

Yet at the same time, we hear tales of operators complaining about traffic and congestion. 
One service being cut or reduced can only have a negative knock-on effect in those areas and across the network.
Those ENCTS passengers and fare payers who have alternative transport are only going to add to any traffic issues in the area. Not reduce it.

S830OFT

29 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm #222
It would be a good idea if Tees Flex was extended to cover Stokesley, or to extend the 80/89 to Guisborough.
Let's not forget the Moorsbus M4 will still run between Guisborough and Stokesley...

S830OFT
29 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm #222

It would be a good idea if Tees Flex was extended to cover Stokesley, or to extend the 80/89 to Guisborough.
Let's not forget the Moorsbus M4 will still run between Guisborough and Stokesley...

29 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm #223
Further to my earlier post, it looked as though Streetlite 1573 was about to take over from VDL 1439 onwards to Scarborough. Now we are on a rather sprightly 7426 - don't know what these are - for the run back to Middlesbrough; I'm impressed just how well 7426 is performing coming out of Whitby onto the Moors. My question remains though? Where are the BTL9's and why the use of single deck vehicles?

Personally I don't get this TeesFlex idea and think the resources/funding could have been deployed differently. The 80/88? Still operated by Abbots I presume? Would probably fall under the same set of circumstances faced by Arriva. Didn't they try a service into Middlesbrough from Northallerton and that bit the dust.
Edited 29 Feb 2020, 1:23 pm by scanialover.
scanialover
29 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm #223

Further to my earlier post, it looked as though Streetlite 1573 was about to take over from VDL 1439 onwards to Scarborough. Now we are on a rather sprightly 7426 - don't know what these are - for the run back to Middlesbrough; I'm impressed just how well 7426 is performing coming out of Whitby onto the Moors. My question remains though? Where are the BTL9's and why the use of single deck vehicles?

Personally I don't get this TeesFlex idea and think the resources/funding could have been deployed differently. The 80/88? Still operated by Abbots I presume? Would probably fall under the same set of circumstances faced by Arriva. Didn't they try a service into Middlesbrough from Northallerton and that bit the dust.

S830OFT

29 Feb 2020, 1:46 pm #224
Looks like 7403 has broken down on the X93 so the allocation is now: 1439, 1573, 7402, 7426, 7610. The reliability isn't the greatest, but hopefully can be improved before the summer.

S830OFT
29 Feb 2020, 1:46 pm #224

Looks like 7403 has broken down on the X93 so the allocation is now: 1439, 1573, 7402, 7426, 7610. The reliability isn't the greatest, but hopefully can be improved before the summer.

29 Feb 2020, 3:43 pm #225
Hopefully reliability can be improved ? The mind boggles with only one of the BTL9'S seemingly on the road. Where are the others??
scanialover
29 Feb 2020, 3:43 pm #225

Hopefully reliability can be improved ? The mind boggles with only one of the BTL9'S seemingly on the road. Where are the others??

Andreos1

29 Feb 2020, 4:38 pm #226
(29 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm)S830OFT It would be a good idea if Tees Flex was extended to cover Stokesley, or to extend the 80/89 to Guisborough.

How often is the M4? Wink 

I get the idea that Teesflex could step in, but why should they?
Why should Teesflex operate in places no longer covered by the big three, after they decide to take their ball home once they realise the service isn't showing the sort of figures they see as ideal? 
I genuinely think there shouldn't be any need for this sort of DRT service in the sorts of areas they're serving. They're not the wilds of Scotland or deepest darkest Wales. They're on the edges of major, built up areas. The sorts of areas that (if they were really adventurous enough), the big 3 could work in and provide a reliable, attractive service.

Andreos1
29 Feb 2020, 4:38 pm #226

(29 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm)S830OFT It would be a good idea if Tees Flex was extended to cover Stokesley, or to extend the 80/89 to Guisborough.

How often is the M4? Wink 

I get the idea that Teesflex could step in, but why should they?
Why should Teesflex operate in places no longer covered by the big three, after they decide to take their ball home once they realise the service isn't showing the sort of figures they see as ideal? 
I genuinely think there shouldn't be any need for this sort of DRT service in the sorts of areas they're serving. They're not the wilds of Scotland or deepest darkest Wales. They're on the edges of major, built up areas. The sorts of areas that (if they were really adventurous enough), the big 3 could work in and provide a reliable, attractive service.

RobinHood

29 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm #227
(29 Feb 2020, 3:43 pm)scanialover Hopefully reliability can be improved ? The mind boggles with only one of the BTL9'S seemingly on the road. Where are the others??
It's normally about this time of year that the B9TLs are brought in for MOT and service prep, to ensure that they aren't taken off for planned servicing over the summer timetable.

Same thing happened last year I recall, a few missing for a few weeks, but then all back out and ready for Easter.

Two of the B7s are still in Durham? Is 7609 still at Blyth?
RobinHood
29 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm #227

(29 Feb 2020, 3:43 pm)scanialover Hopefully reliability can be improved ? The mind boggles with only one of the BTL9'S seemingly on the road. Where are the others??
It's normally about this time of year that the B9TLs are brought in for MOT and service prep, to ensure that they aren't taken off for planned servicing over the summer timetable.

Same thing happened last year I recall, a few missing for a few weeks, but then all back out and ready for Easter.

29 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm #228
That did cross my mind and would seem logical. I'd guessed that there had been a breakdown (7403) this morning when 1439 was late arriving for the 1120 off Middlesbrough. Wasn't a bad substitute to be honest, would have struggled with the loading if it had been a Solo! On my return I was seriously impressed with the way 7426 dealt with the route, I don't remember being on a decker that could climb so athletically!
scanialover
29 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm #228

That did cross my mind and would seem logical. I'd guessed that there had been a breakdown (7403) this morning when 1439 was late arriving for the 1120 off Middlesbrough. Wasn't a bad substitute to be honest, would have struggled with the loading if it had been a Solo! On my return I was seriously impressed with the way 7426 dealt with the route, I don't remember being on a decker that could climb so athletically!

Cock Robin

29 Feb 2020, 10:00 pm #229
(29 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm)RobinHood It's normally about this time of year that the B9TLs are brought in for MOT and service prep, to ensure that they aren't taken off for planned servicing over the summer timetable.

7609 is back. Was on 62s with 7610 the other day.

(29 Feb 2020, 12:39 pm)Andreos1 'Not enough money to be made, so screw them. We can save money elsewhere'

Well said Andreos
Edited 29 Feb 2020, 10:01 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
29 Feb 2020, 10:00 pm #229

(29 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm)RobinHood It's normally about this time of year that the B9TLs are brought in for MOT and service prep, to ensure that they aren't taken off for planned servicing over the summer timetable.

7609 is back. Was on 62s with 7610 the other day.

(29 Feb 2020, 12:39 pm)Andreos1 'Not enough money to be made, so screw them. We can save money elsewhere'

Well said Andreos

BusLoverMum

29 Feb 2020, 10:51 pm #230
(29 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm)scanialover That did cross my mind and would seem logical. I'd guessed that there had been a breakdown (7403) this morning when 1439 was late arriving for the 1120 off Middlesbrough. Wasn't a bad substitute to be honest, would have struggled with the loading if it had been a Solo!  On my return I was seriously impressed with the way 7426 dealt with the route, I don't remember being on a decker that could climb so athletically!
I was on one of the ex bradford E400s on the 64, yesterday, and it barely flinched at the steep incline in Newton hall that has the E200s in full crawler mode. I'd have expected completely the opposite for such a big, heavy bus. Quite surprising.

Last time I caught the X93, we were on an ALX400 that didn't surprise us one bit and wheezed up the hills.
BusLoverMum
29 Feb 2020, 10:51 pm #230

(29 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm)scanialover That did cross my mind and would seem logical. I'd guessed that there had been a breakdown (7403) this morning when 1439 was late arriving for the 1120 off Middlesbrough. Wasn't a bad substitute to be honest, would have struggled with the loading if it had been a Solo!  On my return I was seriously impressed with the way 7426 dealt with the route, I don't remember being on a decker that could climb so athletically!
I was on one of the ex bradford E400s on the 64, yesterday, and it barely flinched at the steep incline in Newton hall that has the E200s in full crawler mode. I'd have expected completely the opposite for such a big, heavy bus. Quite surprising.

Last time I caught the X93, we were on an ALX400 that didn't surprise us one bit and wheezed up the hills.

Pages (12): Previous 110 11 12

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average