Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (17) Previous 114 15 16 17 Next
idiot

07 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm #281
I'm exempt from wearing one but still do. I'm on a bus currently and had to use my inhaler so lowered my mask to do and didn't put it back straight away. The look off another passenger was disgusting Sad
idiot
07 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm #281

I'm exempt from wearing one but still do. I'm on a bus currently and had to use my inhaler so lowered my mask to do and didn't put it back straight away. The look off another passenger was disgusting Sad

07 Jul 2021, 2:22 pm #282
(07 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm)idiot I'm exempt from wearing one but still do. I'm on a bus currently and had to use my inhaler so lowered my mask to do and didn't put it back straight away. The look off another passenger was disgusting Sad

I'm the same, the only time I don't wear one is when it's a particularly humid day where I struggle to breathe even without one!
streetdeckfan
07 Jul 2021, 2:22 pm #282

(07 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm)idiot I'm exempt from wearing one but still do. I'm on a bus currently and had to use my inhaler so lowered my mask to do and didn't put it back straight away. The look off another passenger was disgusting Sad

I'm the same, the only time I don't wear one is when it's a particularly humid day where I struggle to breathe even without one!

BusLoverMum

08 Jul 2021, 10:56 pm #283
(04 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm)Adrian Absolutely this. We shouldn't forget that generally speaking, buses were a cesspit for germs prior to COVID, due to shoddy or non-existent cleaning regimes. Let's hope that the importance of a high standard of cleaning is part of the longer term measures, and its actually legislated to what standard public places and transport has to be cleaned to. It'll be dropped before we know it otherwise. 

When travelling, I'll probably continue to wear one on busier buses, but nice to have the flexibility not to, say if you have the bus to yourself. It's also nicer not to have to on longer distance stuff or trains.

All in all though, it feels like a step too soon. I agree with dropping most other measures, but the priority should have been to ensure at least all adults have been offered and had the opportunity to receive both vaccinations, before moving further. As a result, I'll be restricting myself to foot journeys from July 19th until the end of August on the most part, which will be 2nd jab + 15 days thereabouts.
I'll confess that on an empty upper deck I've slid my mask down - annoying that today my really bad knee (rather than my niggling knee) kept me downstairs because an hour on the revered Street deck in a mask made me feel thoroughly nauseous.

But I'm looking forward to being able to be more selective about mask wearing (and losing the maskne) and hopefully getting bigun out of the house before he dies of heart failure. 

Been fully vaccinated for a couple of months now so happy to take comfort breaks when they don't scare others. Annoyed that I'm too creaky to take advantage of no 9ne going upstairs.
BusLoverMum
08 Jul 2021, 10:56 pm #283

(04 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm)Adrian Absolutely this. We shouldn't forget that generally speaking, buses were a cesspit for germs prior to COVID, due to shoddy or non-existent cleaning regimes. Let's hope that the importance of a high standard of cleaning is part of the longer term measures, and its actually legislated to what standard public places and transport has to be cleaned to. It'll be dropped before we know it otherwise. 

When travelling, I'll probably continue to wear one on busier buses, but nice to have the flexibility not to, say if you have the bus to yourself. It's also nicer not to have to on longer distance stuff or trains.

All in all though, it feels like a step too soon. I agree with dropping most other measures, but the priority should have been to ensure at least all adults have been offered and had the opportunity to receive both vaccinations, before moving further. As a result, I'll be restricting myself to foot journeys from July 19th until the end of August on the most part, which will be 2nd jab + 15 days thereabouts.
I'll confess that on an empty upper deck I've slid my mask down - annoying that today my really bad knee (rather than my niggling knee) kept me downstairs because an hour on the revered Street deck in a mask made me feel thoroughly nauseous.

But I'm looking forward to being able to be more selective about mask wearing (and losing the maskne) and hopefully getting bigun out of the house before he dies of heart failure. 

Been fully vaccinated for a couple of months now so happy to take comfort breaks when they don't scare others. Annoyed that I'm too creaky to take advantage of no 9ne going upstairs.

Michael

11 Jul 2021, 6:40 pm #284
️ Service X66️ Due to an incident on service X66, from 19:35 until 23:20 service X66 will not operate please use service 49/49A to travel between Metro Centre and Gateshead.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Jul 2021, 6:40 pm #284

️ Service X66️ Due to an incident on service X66, from 19:35 until 23:20 service X66 will not operate please use service 49/49A to travel between Metro Centre and Gateshead.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

12 Jul 2021, 6:34 pm #285
Since Boris has said rules for social distancing will be lifted on the 19th August 2021, I wonder if this means all the dupes will end too, although it is the school holidays, dupes isn't likely to be needed on the routes with dupes atm.

Are we going to see a mass withdrawal of buses?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jul 2021, 6:34 pm #285

Since Boris has said rules for social distancing will be lifted on the 19th August 2021, I wonder if this means all the dupes will end too, although it is the school holidays, dupes isn't likely to be needed on the routes with dupes atm.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm #286
(12 Jul 2021, 6:34 pm)Michael Since Boris has said rules for social distancing will be lifted on the 19th August 2021, I wonder if this means all the dupes will end too, although it is the school holidays, dupes isn't likely to be needed on the routes with dupes atm.

Think we will after all the repaints and transfers happen. Buses will probably be used in the summer holidays to cover the repaints first.
deanmachine
12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm #286

(12 Jul 2021, 6:34 pm)Michael Since Boris has said rules for social distancing will be lifted on the 19th August 2021, I wonder if this means all the dupes will end too, although it is the school holidays, dupes isn't likely to be needed on the routes with dupes atm.

Think we will after all the repaints and transfers happen. Buses will probably be used in the summer holidays to cover the repaints first.

12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm #287

I personally doubt we'll see that, I think they might hang on to them for a bit longer if there is even the remote possibility that restrictions could come back later on and duplicates would be needed again.
streetdeckfan
12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm #287

I personally doubt we'll see that, I think they might hang on to them for a bit longer if there is even the remote possibility that restrictions could come back later on and duplicates would be needed again.

Adrian

12 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm #288

The dupes only exist to support social distancing. As that ends in July, then I cannot see the dupes continuing.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm #288

The dupes only exist to support social distancing. As that ends in July, then I cannot see the dupes continuing.

Michael

12 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm #289
(12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm)deanmachine Think we will after all the repaints and transfers happen. Buses will probably be used in the summer holidays to cover the repaints first.

That's true, hopefully it helps them speed it up

Have we even got a date for when the Newcastle zone starts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm #289

(12 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm)deanmachine Think we will after all the repaints and transfers happen. Buses will probably be used in the summer holidays to cover the repaints first.

That's true, hopefully it helps them speed it up

Have we even got a date for when the Newcastle zone starts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

15 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm #290
Go North East look like they have a massive problem due to staff isolating by the amount of posts they've done today.

Can tell its rife again, due to the amount of track and trace notifications people are getting sent!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm #290

Go North East look like they have a massive problem due to staff isolating by the amount of posts they've done today.

Can tell its rife again, due to the amount of track and trace notifications people are getting sent!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

15 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm #291
(15 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm)Michael Go North East look like they have a massive problem due to staff isolating by the amount of posts they've done today.

And you got the government after 19th July changing the track and trace app so it will be less sensitive to stop workers isolating and making them stay at work as there won’t get a notification, Netherlands did exact the same as the uk government going to do on 19th July a few weeks ago and there infection went up by 800% , and masks were put back to mandatory etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
15 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm #291

(15 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm)Michael Go North East look like they have a massive problem due to staff isolating by the amount of posts they've done today.

And you got the government after 19th July changing the track and trace app so it will be less sensitive to stop workers isolating and making them stay at work as there won’t get a notification, Netherlands did exact the same as the uk government going to do on 19th July a few weeks ago and there infection went up by 800% , and masks were put back to mandatory etc…

Adrian

15 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm #292

It's pretty much every business at the moment. One I work with had 50+ T&T pings out of its workforce the other week.

Adrian
15 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm #292

It's pretty much every business at the moment. One I work with had 50+ T&T pings out of its workforce the other week.

Michael

15 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm #293
(15 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm)cbma06 And you got the government after 19th July changing the track and trace app so it will be less sensitive to stop workers isolating and making them stay at work as there won’t get a notification, Netherlands did exact the same as the uk government going to do on 19th July a few weeks ago and there infection went up by 800% , and masks were put back to mandatory etc…

Hopefully it does, its getting ridiculous, you don't even get paid for isolating, you have to apply for it and its a clart on..........

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm #293

(15 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm)cbma06 And you got the government after 19th July changing the track and trace app so it will be less sensitive to stop workers isolating and making them stay at work as there won’t get a notification, Netherlands did exact the same as the uk government going to do on 19th July a few weeks ago and there infection went up by 800% , and masks were put back to mandatory etc…

Hopefully it does, its getting ridiculous, you don't even get paid for isolating, you have to apply for it and its a clart on..........

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

15 Jul 2021, 3:54 pm #294

Yeah, I've noticed they are using that line now, rather than generic 'incident' that was used for weeks on end.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Jul 2021, 3:54 pm #294

Yeah, I've noticed they are using that line now, rather than generic 'incident' that was used for weeks on end.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jul 2021, 3:57 pm #295
(15 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm)Adrian It's pretty much every business at the moment. One I work with had 50+ T&T pings out of its workforce the other week.

Yep - I think most people are fairly understanding of it now as every industry is suffering from it at the moment.

I seem to see more posts from Go North East than others on my social feeds, but I’d put that down to them reporting everything and the others probably not being quite as honest about it…

Dan
15 Jul 2021, 3:57 pm #295

(15 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm)Adrian It's pretty much every business at the moment. One I work with had 50+ T&T pings out of its workforce the other week.

Yep - I think most people are fairly understanding of it now as every industry is suffering from it at the moment.

I seem to see more posts from Go North East than others on my social feeds, but I’d put that down to them reporting everything and the others probably not being quite as honest about it…

Michael

15 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm #296
(15 Jul 2021, 3:57 pm)Dan Yep - I think most people are fairly understanding of it now as every industry is suffering from it at the moment.

I work in education and loads of kids are testing positive now, which wasn't happening before, loads of children are missing their last week of school because they have to isolate.

Ye Stagecoach have only put a post out, due to an increase in drivers self isolating, services maybe effected....no other posts though to let people know, which ones - https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...48/photo/1

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm #296

(15 Jul 2021, 3:57 pm)Dan Yep - I think most people are fairly understanding of it now as every industry is suffering from it at the moment.

I work in education and loads of kids are testing positive now, which wasn't happening before, loads of children are missing their last week of school because they have to isolate.

Ye Stagecoach have only put a post out, due to an increase in drivers self isolating, services maybe effected....no other posts though to let people know, which ones - https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...48/photo/1

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

15 Jul 2021, 4:11 pm #297

I think basically everybody is getting pinged at the minute, I was pinged earlier in the week, and so have a few people that I work with.
In fact, one of them has been pinged twice so she was out of the office for a week, back in 2 days then off again for another week

(15 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm)Michael I work in education and loads of kids are testing positive now, which wasn't happening before, loads of children are missing their last week of school because they have to isolate.

Presumably that's down to the increase in asymptomatic testing since the last wave, with kids being less likely to show symptoms.
Edited 15 Jul 2021, 4:14 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
15 Jul 2021, 4:11 pm #297

I think basically everybody is getting pinged at the minute, I was pinged earlier in the week, and so have a few people that I work with.
In fact, one of them has been pinged twice so she was out of the office for a week, back in 2 days then off again for another week

(15 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm)Michael I work in education and loads of kids are testing positive now, which wasn't happening before, loads of children are missing their last week of school because they have to isolate.

Presumably that's down to the increase in asymptomatic testing since the last wave, with kids being less likely to show symptoms.

Charles41

15 Jul 2021, 7:00 pm #298
Most of the people in my office have just deleted the app from their phones.

May I ask are we going to get pinged in the winter everytime we come into contact with the cold or flu?

Its a bloody farce. Get rid of your mask and start living your life.

Charles
Charles41
15 Jul 2021, 7:00 pm #298

Most of the people in my office have just deleted the app from their phones.

May I ask are we going to get pinged in the winter everytime we come into contact with the cold or flu?

Its a bloody farce. Get rid of your mask and start living your life.

Charles

Adrian

16 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm #299
Go North East have put out a post for July 19th onwards: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/face-cover...ay-19-july

Adrian
16 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm #299

Go North East have put out a post for July 19th onwards: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/face-cover...ay-19-july

Ambassador

16 Jul 2021, 3:07 pm #300
(16 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm)Adrian Go North East have put out a post for July 19th onwards: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/face-cover...ay-19-july

Sensible, Stagecoach have shared a similar update.

I can't imagine the inevitable spike from 'Freedom Day' (jesus wept) will do anything to encourage people onto public transport.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
16 Jul 2021, 3:07 pm #300

(16 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm)Adrian Go North East have put out a post for July 19th onwards: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/face-cover...ay-19-july

Sensible, Stagecoach have shared a similar update.

I can't imagine the inevitable spike from 'Freedom Day' (jesus wept) will do anything to encourage people onto public transport.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Pages (17) Previous 114 15 16 17 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average