Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (17): Previous 1 2 317 Next
BusLoverMum

14 Mar 2020, 8:16 pm #21
Well Spain is going into lockdown, shortly and this is what they're doing with public transport, according to the BBC website:

"All public transport would be cut back with airline, train, bus and boat operators told they need to cut their services by at least half and that any plane, train, bus or other means of transport can only be a third full, Reuters news agency reports." 

Someone did find a link to Arriva's offering and post it in the relevant latest news and discussion. The ALX400 I was on earlier was absolutely disgusting, so I'm taking their claim with a pinch of bicarb. 
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/coronavirus/
Edited 14 Mar 2020, 8:21 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
14 Mar 2020, 8:16 pm #21

Well Spain is going into lockdown, shortly and this is what they're doing with public transport, according to the BBC website:

"All public transport would be cut back with airline, train, bus and boat operators told they need to cut their services by at least half and that any plane, train, bus or other means of transport can only be a third full, Reuters news agency reports." 

Someone did find a link to Arriva's offering and post it in the relevant latest news and discussion. The ALX400 I was on earlier was absolutely disgusting, so I'm taking their claim with a pinch of bicarb. 

Michael

15 Mar 2020, 6:47 pm #22
Italy is completely swamped now

Loads of countries going in lockdown, wouldn't be surprised if we do soon.

I work in education and its the kids i'm worried about, more than myself.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Mar 2020, 6:47 pm #22

Italy is completely swamped now

Loads of countries going in lockdown, wouldn't be surprised if we do soon.

I work in education and its the kids i'm worried about, more than myself.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

15 Mar 2020, 7:19 pm #23
(14 Mar 2020, 8:16 pm)BusLoverMum Well Spain is going into lockdown, shortly and this is what they're doing with public transport, according to the BBC website:

A friend of mine has been at their house in Spain over the weekend, although thankfully she's in an area that's unaffected. Her flight back today has been delayed by several hours as there are no slots available for them to take off!
streetdeckfan
15 Mar 2020, 7:19 pm #23

(14 Mar 2020, 8:16 pm)BusLoverMum Well Spain is going into lockdown, shortly and this is what they're doing with public transport, according to the BBC website:

A friend of mine has been at their house in Spain over the weekend, although thankfully she's in an area that's unaffected. Her flight back today has been delayed by several hours as there are no slots available for them to take off!

BoroLad

17 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm #24
The first operators have already started to withdraw some services: in Bournemouth Yellow Buses will run a slightly modified Saturday timetable from next week, and I think changes are also planned in Bristol with the First operations there. Nothing has changed in any of Stagecoach or Arriva's operations, nor any in the same group as Go North East, but it's surely a matter of time now.
BoroLad
17 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm #24

The first operators have already started to withdraw some services: in Bournemouth Yellow Buses will run a slightly modified Saturday timetable from next week, and I think changes are also planned in Bristol with the First operations there. Nothing has changed in any of Stagecoach or Arriva's operations, nor any in the same group as Go North East, but it's surely a matter of time now.

17 Mar 2020, 8:52 pm #25
(17 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm)BoroLad The first operators have already started to withdraw some services: in Bournemouth Yellow Buses will run a slightly modified Saturday timetable from next week, and I think changes are also planned in Bristol with the First operations there. Nothing has changed in any of Stagecoach or Arriva's operations, nor any in the same group as Go North East, but it's surely a matter of time now.

As long as the schools are still open the operators can't reduce the services.
deanmachine
17 Mar 2020, 8:52 pm #25

(17 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm)BoroLad The first operators have already started to withdraw some services: in Bournemouth Yellow Buses will run a slightly modified Saturday timetable from next week, and I think changes are also planned in Bristol with the First operations there. Nothing has changed in any of Stagecoach or Arriva's operations, nor any in the same group as Go North East, but it's surely a matter of time now.

As long as the schools are still open the operators can't reduce the services.

Ds1197

17 Mar 2020, 8:56 pm #26
Couldn't they peak time only
Ds1197
17 Mar 2020, 8:56 pm #26

Couldn't they peak time only

pbjd

17 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #27
Stagecoach Sunderland operating Saturday timetables on weekdays from Monday , I'd imagine the rest of SNE will be too.
pbjd
17 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #27

Stagecoach Sunderland operating Saturday timetables on weekdays from Monday , I'd imagine the rest of SNE will be too.

Michael

17 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm #28
(17 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm)pbjd Stagecoach Sunderland operating Saturday timetables on weekdays from Monday , I'd imagine the rest of SNE will be too.

Can you please put a link to this information?, i need to see it, unlike some places, i'm still at work, need to know. (more mainly for early morning - rest of the day it should be ok)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm #28

(17 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm)pbjd Stagecoach Sunderland operating Saturday timetables on weekdays from Monday , I'd imagine the rest of SNE will be too.

Can you please put a link to this information?, i need to see it, unlike some places, i'm still at work, need to know. (more mainly for early morning - rest of the day it should be ok)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

pbjd

17 Mar 2020, 9:31 pm #29
(17 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm)Michael Can you please put a link to this information?, i need to see it, unlike some places, i'm still at work, need to know. (more mainly for early morning - rest of the day it should be ok)
As attatched.
Attached Files
pbjd
17 Mar 2020, 9:31 pm #29

(17 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm)Michael Can you please put a link to this information?, i need to see it, unlike some places, i'm still at work, need to know. (more mainly for early morning - rest of the day it should be ok)
As attatched.

Attached Files

Michael

17 Mar 2020, 9:54 pm #30
(17 Mar 2020, 9:31 pm)pbjd As attatched.

Thanks so much for attaching the information.

Time to

Don't see the point in running a Saturday service - because its the same frequancy as Mon to Fri (apart from a morning and maybe early evening).

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Mar 2020, 9:54 pm #30

(17 Mar 2020, 9:31 pm)pbjd As attatched.

Thanks so much for attaching the information.

Time to

Don't see the point in running a Saturday service - because its the same frequancy as Mon to Fri (apart from a morning and maybe early evening).

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

17 Mar 2020, 11:09 pm #31
I think some services tail off earlier on a Saturday afternoon than a weekday.

I doubt if schools will be open next week, anyhow. Many are already struggling with staffing levels. Littlun's school is moving from supporting parents keeping vulnerable pupils off to asking them to.

Mind, I walked into town and back, with a heavy back pack, this morning, and the buses that passed me looked like business as usual. I reckon we'll have to be in full lock down before long.
BusLoverMum
17 Mar 2020, 11:09 pm #31

I think some services tail off earlier on a Saturday afternoon than a weekday.

I doubt if schools will be open next week, anyhow. Many are already struggling with staffing levels. Littlun's school is moving from supporting parents keeping vulnerable pupils off to asking them to.

Mind, I walked into town and back, with a heavy back pack, this morning, and the buses that passed me looked like business as usual. I reckon we'll have to be in full lock down before long.

18 Mar 2020, 1:38 am #32
(17 Mar 2020, 9:54 pm)Michael Don't see the point in running a Saturday service - because its the same frequancy as Mon to Fri (apart from a morning and maybe early evening).

Makes quite a difference to the number of vehicles needed in the morning with services slower to wind up to the full PVR, meaning they will have more flexibility to respond to short notice driver shortages etc.  Saturday timetables will mean no X1 at all - presumably warranted as many will be working from home - that being the case I'm surprised we aren't seeing them retrenching to Sunday timetables with perhaps additional peaks for the schools.
stagecoachbusdepot
18 Mar 2020, 1:38 am #32

(17 Mar 2020, 9:54 pm)Michael Don't see the point in running a Saturday service - because its the same frequancy as Mon to Fri (apart from a morning and maybe early evening).

Makes quite a difference to the number of vehicles needed in the morning with services slower to wind up to the full PVR, meaning they will have more flexibility to respond to short notice driver shortages etc.  Saturday timetables will mean no X1 at all - presumably warranted as many will be working from home - that being the case I'm surprised we aren't seeing them retrenching to Sunday timetables with perhaps additional peaks for the schools.

BusLoverMum

18 Mar 2020, 8:21 am #33
Metro withdrawing most peak services
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/metro...le-reduced

Not seen the announcement but arriva have just said some services may not run due to staffing
BusLoverMum
18 Mar 2020, 8:21 am #33

Metro withdrawing most peak services
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/metro...le-reduced

Not seen the announcement but arriva have just said some services may not run due to staffing

BusLoverMum

18 Mar 2020, 10:45 pm #34
£1 billion in support sought for bus operators having to reduce services
https://www.busesmag.com/2020/03/17/cpt-...ship-fall/
BusLoverMum
18 Mar 2020, 10:45 pm #34

£1 billion in support sought for bus operators having to reduce services
https://www.busesmag.com/2020/03/17/cpt-...ship-fall/

BusLoverMum

19 Mar 2020, 1:44 pm #35
Arriva operating a vastly reduced timetable from Monday. https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/coronavirus/...orth-east/
BusLoverMum
19 Mar 2020, 1:44 pm #35

Arriva operating a vastly reduced timetable from Monday. https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/coronavirus/...orth-east/

Charles41

19 Mar 2020, 7:23 pm #36
All of the timetables have been removed from the Nexus travel shop at Gateshead. Tried to get details of early morning services for next week.

Charles
Charles41
19 Mar 2020, 7:23 pm #36

All of the timetables have been removed from the Nexus travel shop at Gateshead. Tried to get details of early morning services for next week.

Charles

BusLoverMum

20 Mar 2020, 8:48 am #37
Enhanced Sunday timetables on GNE services, from Monday

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/coronavirus/

If ever anyone has wondered what a month of Sundays feels like...
BusLoverMum
20 Mar 2020, 8:48 am #37

Enhanced Sunday timetables on GNE services, from Monday

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/coronavirus/

If ever anyone has wondered what a month of Sundays feels like...

idiot

20 Mar 2020, 8:52 am #38
Wow, stagecoach going for Saturday which im pleased about!
idiot
20 Mar 2020, 8:52 am #38

Wow, stagecoach going for Saturday which im pleased about!

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Mar 2020, 10:29 am #39
(20 Mar 2020, 8:52 am)idiot Wow, stagecoach going for Saturday which im pleased about!

For now...

Suspect this will be short lived. Likely further reduced after a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
20 Mar 2020, 10:29 am #39

(20 Mar 2020, 8:52 am)idiot Wow, stagecoach going for Saturday which im pleased about!

For now...

Ds1197

20 Mar 2020, 10:38 am #40
(20 Mar 2020, 10:29 am)Dan For now...

Some Stagecoach services don't run on sundays
Ds1197
20 Mar 2020, 10:38 am #40

(20 Mar 2020, 10:29 am)Dan For now...

Some Stagecoach services don't run on sundays

Pages (17): Previous 1 2 317 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average