Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

Coronavirus and the public transport industry.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (17): Previous 115 16 17
20 Jul 2021, 11:27 am #321
(20 Jul 2021, 9:58 am)streetdeckfan They've always asked if you had one, but never actually enforced it if you said no from my experience. I'd imagine they'll keep it that way

I think she was just looking for an argument to be fair, she was standing at the front of the bus shouting at him while he was driving.

Trash of society behaving in their typical manner.
54APhotography
20 Jul 2021, 11:27 am #321

(20 Jul 2021, 9:58 am)streetdeckfan They've always asked if you had one, but never actually enforced it if you said no from my experience. I'd imagine they'll keep it that way

I think she was just looking for an argument to be fair, she was standing at the front of the bus shouting at him while he was driving.

Trash of society behaving in their typical manner.

Jimmi

20 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm #322
(20 Jul 2021, 11:11 am)Adrian I suppose it depends what instruction has been given to drivers, doesn't it? The guidance GNE put out for July 19th was very much 'on the fence', repeating the same nonsense from Number 10 about "expecting" people to wear face coverings, rather than being decisive in their instruction.  

Your experience sounds like it sadly sums up the mentality of some people that we share the country with, and lets not get on to Bill Gates, phone masts or anything else.  Rolleyes

The whole thing with this mask thing effective from yesterday is a joke, it's really not clear when you should/shouldn't wear one now as some are now suggesting that although it's no longer law, you should still wear some on buses/trains or rail stations, buses still going round with messages saying "YOU MUST WEAR A MASK!" on destination screens and notices on board.

This is just gonna cause more problems than if it was still mandatory IMO especially as some companies have been more militant with masks being worn, THAT Blackpool based Bus Company for example with whatever alias they have this week, I witnessed refusing to even open the doors to passengers unless they had a mask on and going off some online reviews, this included those with exemptions.
Jimmi
20 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm #322

(20 Jul 2021, 11:11 am)Adrian I suppose it depends what instruction has been given to drivers, doesn't it? The guidance GNE put out for July 19th was very much 'on the fence', repeating the same nonsense from Number 10 about "expecting" people to wear face coverings, rather than being decisive in their instruction.  

Your experience sounds like it sadly sums up the mentality of some people that we share the country with, and lets not get on to Bill Gates, phone masts or anything else.  Rolleyes

The whole thing with this mask thing effective from yesterday is a joke, it's really not clear when you should/shouldn't wear one now as some are now suggesting that although it's no longer law, you should still wear some on buses/trains or rail stations, buses still going round with messages saying "YOU MUST WEAR A MASK!" on destination screens and notices on board.

This is just gonna cause more problems than if it was still mandatory IMO especially as some companies have been more militant with masks being worn, THAT Blackpool based Bus Company for example with whatever alias they have this week, I witnessed refusing to even open the doors to passengers unless they had a mask on and going off some online reviews, this included those with exemptions.

20 Jul 2021, 11:23 pm #323
(20 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm)Jimmi The whole thing with this mask thing effective from yesterday is a joke, it's really not clear when you should/shouldn't wear one now as some are now suggesting that although it's no longer law, you should still wear some on buses/trains or rail stations, buses still going round with messages saying "YOU MUST WEAR A MASK!" on destination screens and notices on board.

Honestly, they should have either kept the mask rule, or completely got rid of it, not 'expecting' people to wear one whilst having no legal backing.

As I've said before, I wont be wearing one when the bus is quiet (and, since I always travel off peak, I rarely expect to wear one), and I actually have a medical exemption should I get a driver that's particularly arsey about it. It's only out of the goodness of my heart that I've been wearing one anyway!
streetdeckfan
20 Jul 2021, 11:23 pm #323

(20 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm)Jimmi The whole thing with this mask thing effective from yesterday is a joke, it's really not clear when you should/shouldn't wear one now as some are now suggesting that although it's no longer law, you should still wear some on buses/trains or rail stations, buses still going round with messages saying "YOU MUST WEAR A MASK!" on destination screens and notices on board.

Honestly, they should have either kept the mask rule, or completely got rid of it, not 'expecting' people to wear one whilst having no legal backing.

As I've said before, I wont be wearing one when the bus is quiet (and, since I always travel off peak, I rarely expect to wear one), and I actually have a medical exemption should I get a driver that's particularly arsey about it. It's only out of the goodness of my heart that I've been wearing one anyway!

16 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm #324
Does anyone know what the crack is with face coverings on school transport?

We just had an email from my brother's school saying that because of government guidance face coverings are still required on the bus to and from school, but I can only see a recommendation to wear face coverings.
streetdeckfan
16 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm #324

Does anyone know what the crack is with face coverings on school transport?

We just had an email from my brother's school saying that because of government guidance face coverings are still required on the bus to and from school, but I can only see a recommendation to wear face coverings.

Adrian

16 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm #325
(16 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm)streetdeckfan Does anyone know what the crack is with face coverings on school transport?

From what I've seen, some schools are trying to enforce it, but there's nothing legislative to 'force' them to wear one.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm #325

(16 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm)streetdeckfan Does anyone know what the crack is with face coverings on school transport?

From what I've seen, some schools are trying to enforce it, but there's nothing legislative to 'force' them to wear one.

16 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm #326
(16 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm)Adrian From what I've seen, some schools are trying to enforce it, but there's nothing legislative to 'force' them to wear one.

That's what I thought. Obviously with it being dedicated school transport provided by either the school or council, they could enforce it as a condition of travel, I just personally don't see the point in it when it's not being enforced in schools, or if they got a regular bus.

The issue I have is the fact they're saying it's government guidance that they're required, when it obviously isn't.
streetdeckfan
16 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm #326

(16 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm)Adrian From what I've seen, some schools are trying to enforce it, but there's nothing legislative to 'force' them to wear one.

That's what I thought. Obviously with it being dedicated school transport provided by either the school or council, they could enforce it as a condition of travel, I just personally don't see the point in it when it's not being enforced in schools, or if they got a regular bus.

The issue I have is the fact they're saying it's government guidance that they're required, when it obviously isn't.

Adrian

16 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm #327
(16 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm)streetdeckfan That's what I thought. Obviously with it being dedicated school transport provided by either the school or council, they could enforce it as a condition of travel, I just personally don't see the point in it when it's not being enforced in schools, or if they got a regular bus.

Is it a registered scholars service or a bus provided/operated by the school? If its the latter, I'd suggest they'd probably be within their rights to challenge it, but they *may* still be obliged to provide the transport. See: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/children-of-com...ed-5-to-16

If its a registered scholars service, I'd say its up to the operator. As far as I'm aware though, there's as much enforcing it by law as there is in a supermarket though - nil.

Adrian
16 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm #327

(16 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm)streetdeckfan That's what I thought. Obviously with it being dedicated school transport provided by either the school or council, they could enforce it as a condition of travel, I just personally don't see the point in it when it's not being enforced in schools, or if they got a regular bus.

Is it a registered scholars service or a bus provided/operated by the school? If its the latter, I'd suggest they'd probably be within their rights to challenge it, but they *may* still be obliged to provide the transport. See: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/children-of-com...ed-5-to-16

If its a registered scholars service, I'd say its up to the operator. As far as I'm aware though, there's as much enforcing it by law as there is in a supermarket though - nil.

16 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm #328
(16 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm)Adrian Is it a registered scholars service or a bus provided/operated by the school? If its the latter, I'd suggest they'd probably be within their rights to challenge it, but they *may* still be obliged to provide the transport. See: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/children-of-com...ed-5-to-16

It's not a registered service as far as I can see. 

Looking at DCC's website it seems they're still enforcing the wearing of face coverings unless exempt. And if your child isn't exempt and doesn't want to wear one, then you have to source your own transport at your own expense.
https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/24031/...rom-school
streetdeckfan
16 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm #328

(16 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm)Adrian Is it a registered scholars service or a bus provided/operated by the school? If its the latter, I'd suggest they'd probably be within their rights to challenge it, but they *may* still be obliged to provide the transport. See: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/children-of-com...ed-5-to-16

It's not a registered service as far as I can see. 

Looking at DCC's website it seems they're still enforcing the wearing of face coverings unless exempt. And if your child isn't exempt and doesn't want to wear one, then you have to source your own transport at your own expense.
https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/24031/...rom-school

BusLoverMum

17 Sep 2021, 8:40 am #329

Guidance isn't the same as law.
BusLoverMum
17 Sep 2021, 8:40 am #329

Guidance isn't the same as law.

Pages (17): Previous 115 16 17

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average