Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Teesside Independents Stockton Council

Stockton Council

Stockton Council

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cock Robin

01 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm #1
I presume the bus services have been suspended? The council website gives details of an various things affected by the virus but doesn't mention the bus services.
Cock Robin
01 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm #1

I presume the bus services have been suspended? The council website gives details of an various things affected by the virus but doesn't mention the bus services.

Cock Robin

15 Apr 2020, 9:53 am #2
Still running yesterday.
Cock Robin
15 Apr 2020, 9:53 am #2

Still running yesterday.

Andreos1

21 Jul 2023, 1:35 pm #3
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...eEX9rbzWMl&id=100064332563323&post_id=100064332563323_pfbid02aCLvUsAyAasKExUNgBMXARMDkzby7fVtsMf5VxwstuCRuyE6TzTkZnieEX9rbzWMl

New service introduced between Ingleby Barwick and Eaglescliffe via Yarm, Hilton and Maltby.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Jul 2023, 1:35 pm #3

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...eEX9rbzWMl&id=100064332563323&post_id=100064332563323_pfbid02aCLvUsAyAasKExUNgBMXARMDkzby7fVtsMf5VxwstuCRuyE6TzTkZnieEX9rbzWMl

New service introduced between Ingleby Barwick and Eaglescliffe via Yarm, Hilton and Maltby.

Jimmi

21 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm #4
(21 Jul 2023, 1:35 pm)Andreos1 https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...eEX9rbzWMl&id=100064332563323&post_id=100064332563323_pfbid02aCLvUsAyAasKExUNgBMXARMDkzby7fVtsMf5VxwstuCRuyE6TzTkZnieEX9rbzWMl

The link doesn't appear to be working, for me at least... copied from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Facebook page:

A community transport service providing a free bus service from Ingleby Barwick to Eaglescliffe through Maltby, Hilton and Yarm will start on Monday, July 24.

The number 82 will run Monday to Friday and will be available to all.

The Council is launching the service in partnership with the Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) after the existing 17 Arriva bus service came to an end west of Ingleby Barwick. The new community bus service will run over the school summer holidays until 1 September. After that TVCA will be starting a contracted bus service to serve people along this route.

Anyone wishing to use the free service needs to have a membership card which will be available from the driver of the bus.

The vehicles can seat between 14 passengers including one wheelchair space.

Councillor Clare Gamble, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport, said: "We know how much our communities need transport links to help them access services, local amenities and get into our town centres. We’re really pleased that we're able to provide this new community transport service which will plug the gap over the summer school holidays until the new contracted service starts in September.”

Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen said: “We’ve been working very closely with the Council in response to the Arriva cutbacks, and I’m very pleased the link between Ingleby Barwick and Eaglescliffe will remain over the summer. This will also provide an important link to Yarm for villagers in Hilton and Maltby ahead of the contracted service coming in September.”

To view the timetable visit: https://www.stockton.gov.uk/community-transport
Jimmi
21 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm #4

(21 Jul 2023, 1:35 pm)Andreos1 https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...eEX9rbzWMl&id=100064332563323&post_id=100064332563323_pfbid02aCLvUsAyAasKExUNgBMXARMDkzby7fVtsMf5VxwstuCRuyE6TzTkZnieEX9rbzWMl

The link doesn't appear to be working, for me at least... copied from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Facebook page:

A community transport service providing a free bus service from Ingleby Barwick to Eaglescliffe through Maltby, Hilton and Yarm will start on Monday, July 24.

The Council is launching the service in partnership with the Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) after the existing 17 Arriva bus service came to an end west of Ingleby Barwick. The new community bus service will run over the school summer holidays until 1 September. After that TVCA will be starting a contracted bus service to serve people along this route.

Anyone wishing to use the free service needs to have a membership card which will be available from the driver of the bus.

Councillor Clare Gamble, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport, said: "We know how much our communities need transport links to help them access services, local amenities and get into our town centres. We’re really pleased that we're able to provide this new community transport service which will plug the gap over the summer school holidays until the new contracted service starts in September.”

Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen said: “We’ve been working very closely with the Council in response to the Arriva cutbacks, and I’m very pleased the link between Ingleby Barwick and Eaglescliffe will remain over the summer. This will also provide an important link to Yarm for villagers in Hilton and Maltby ahead of the contracted service coming in September.”

Andreos1

21 Jul 2023, 4:45 pm #5
(21 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm)Jimmi The link doesn't appear to be working, for me at least... copied from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Facebook page:

Tested before and it seemed fine. 
But nah, not working for me either now.

Andreos1
21 Jul 2023, 4:45 pm #5

(21 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm)Jimmi The link doesn't appear to be working, for me at least... copied from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Facebook page:

Tested before and it seemed fine. 
But nah, not working for me either now.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average