Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Use of older buses on service X30 on evenings

Use of older buses on service X30 on evenings

Use of older buses on service X30 on evenings

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

03 Mar 2020, 9:38 pm #1
Having Scania Omnicities run around on the X30 on an evening seems completely counterproductive to trying to create a premium brand.

Appreciate it may only be a couple of journeys but diluting your own premium brand for me is a no no.

Its the same as Sunday, and not having the X-Lines buses out on the route they are supposed to work on.

I'm hoping once the rest of the Xlines buses arrive this may change around with interworkings.

For me its a of a slap in the face for some customers. and for me doesn't make me want to not drive and get the bus into Newcastle if I know on the way home I'm going to have to sit on a bus with less features and the suspension of an old roller coster. 

If its a premium service, keep it premium 7 days a week for all customers - Not just the 9-5 Mon-Fri lot. 

I know there's many counter arguments for this, saving money, less customers etc, but some of these points stand.

Really hope this changes in the future.
Arcticrossy92
03 Mar 2020, 9:38 pm #1

Having Scania Omnicities run around on the X30 on an evening seems completely counterproductive to trying to create a premium brand.

Appreciate it may only be a couple of journeys but diluting your own premium brand for me is a no no.

Its the same as Sunday, and not having the X-Lines buses out on the route they are supposed to work on.

I'm hoping once the rest of the Xlines buses arrive this may change around with interworkings.

For me its a of a slap in the face for some customers. and for me doesn't make me want to not drive and get the bus into Newcastle if I know on the way home I'm going to have to sit on a bus with less features and the suspension of an old roller coster. 

If its a premium service, keep it premium 7 days a week for all customers - Not just the 9-5 Mon-Fri lot. 

I know there's many counter arguments for this, saving money, less customers etc, but some of these points stand.

03 Mar 2020, 9:48 pm #2
(03 Mar 2020, 9:38 pm)Arcticrossy92 Having Scania Omnicities run around on the X30 on an evening seems completely counterproductive to trying to create a premium brand.

I'd imagine the E400s are just as efficient, if not moreso than the vehicles they run instead

(03 Mar 2020, 9:18 pm)JP6004 6/12/26/27/57 will all be affected. Dont forget the 8 saltwell park streetlites will be available soon.

As far as I'm aware, streetlites can be upgraded to euro 6

Those Streetlites can't be upgraded.

(03 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm)deanmachine I've heard that as a rumour already. Would make sense, but doesn't seem "fair" on the routes that justified nice new buses being palmed off with buses ready to be disposed of. Claim what you want about Citaros being nicer than Streetlites, they're certainly no where near as reliable.

Citaros are a nicer ride, but the seats make them unbearable. So I'd happily take a Streetlite over a Citaro!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 9:48 pm #2

(03 Mar 2020, 9:38 pm)Arcticrossy92 Having Scania Omnicities run around on the X30 on an evening seems completely counterproductive to trying to create a premium brand.

I'd imagine the E400s are just as efficient, if not moreso than the vehicles they run instead

(03 Mar 2020, 9:18 pm)JP6004 6/12/26/27/57 will all be affected. Dont forget the 8 saltwell park streetlites will be available soon.

As far as I'm aware, streetlites can be upgraded to euro 6

Those Streetlites can't be upgraded.

(03 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm)deanmachine I've heard that as a rumour already. Would make sense, but doesn't seem "fair" on the routes that justified nice new buses being palmed off with buses ready to be disposed of. Claim what you want about Citaros being nicer than Streetlites, they're certainly no where near as reliable.

Citaros are a nicer ride, but the seats make them unbearable. So I'd happily take a Streetlite over a Citaro!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

L469 YVK

25 Apr 2020, 12:56 am #3
Going forward post Covid19 as a fuel saving / efficiency measure, could the Citaros normally allocated to the evening 6 & X30 boards not be swapped at the MetroCentre with Green Arrow E200MMC's or StreetLites?

I know that back towards the end of the 00's, GNE swapped Lolynes on the Coasters with VDL Cadets during the evenings at the Redburn and they also used to swap Dennis Lance Wright 320's on the old 85 / 86 with MPD's.
L469 YVK
25 Apr 2020, 12:56 am #3

Going forward post Covid19 as a fuel saving / efficiency measure, could the Citaros normally allocated to the evening 6 & X30 boards not be swapped at the MetroCentre with Green Arrow E200MMC's or StreetLites?

I know that back towards the end of the 00's, GNE swapped Lolynes on the Coasters with VDL Cadets during the evenings at the Redburn and they also used to swap Dennis Lance Wright 320's on the old 85 / 86 with MPD's.

Storx

25 Apr 2020, 11:23 am #4
(25 Apr 2020, 12:56 am)L469 YVK Going forward post Covid19 as a fuel saving / efficiency measure, could the Citaros normally allocated to the evening 6 & X30 boards not be swapped at the MetroCentre with Green Arrow E200MMC's or StreetLites?

The Citaros will have to be moved from the X30 and 6 all day for when the LEZ comes in anyway so could imagine when the new buses eventually arrive they will have something to replace them lined up.
Storx
25 Apr 2020, 11:23 am #4

(25 Apr 2020, 12:56 am)L469 YVK Going forward post Covid19 as a fuel saving / efficiency measure, could the Citaros normally allocated to the evening 6 & X30 boards not be swapped at the MetroCentre with Green Arrow E200MMC's or StreetLites?

The Citaros will have to be moved from the X30 and 6 all day for when the LEZ comes in anyway so could imagine when the new buses eventually arrive they will have something to replace them lined up.

L469 YVK

25 Apr 2020, 8:17 pm #5
(25 Apr 2020, 11:23 am)Storx The Citaros will have to be moved from the X30 and 6 all day for when the LEZ comes in anyway so could imagine when the new buses eventually arrive they will have something to replace them lined up.
But until the LEZ comes in force (might not be January 2021 now), surely it would be a good fuel saving measure compared to a heavy duty Citaro being allocated.

Daytime X30 boards (incl Sundays) are already Euro 6 with the E400MMC's and DD StreetLites.
L469 YVK
25 Apr 2020, 8:17 pm #5

(25 Apr 2020, 11:23 am)Storx The Citaros will have to be moved from the X30 and 6 all day for when the LEZ comes in anyway so could imagine when the new buses eventually arrive they will have something to replace them lined up.
But until the LEZ comes in force (might not be January 2021 now), surely it would be a good fuel saving measure compared to a heavy duty Citaro being allocated.

Daytime X30 boards (incl Sundays) are already Euro 6 with the E400MMC's and DD StreetLites.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average