Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (28) Previous 1 2 328 Next
20 Mar 2020, 3:06 pm #21
New Twitter post from GNE regarding the reduced timetable. Great idea asking for customer feedback rather than just setting them and that's it

"Are you a key worker during the #COVID19 crisis? Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you're a key worker and our plans don't connect you to critical employment please let us know asap so we can try our best to tweak them. Reply or call 01914205050"

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...4635036673

Also, they'll be turning off paper tickets for concessionary pass holders from Monday. I do hope this is permanent as it'll probably reduce the amount of litter on board massively!

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...6199476224
streetdeckfan
20 Mar 2020, 3:06 pm #21

New Twitter post from GNE regarding the reduced timetable. Great idea asking for customer feedback rather than just setting them and that's it

"Are you a key worker during the #COVID19 crisis? Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you're a key worker and our plans don't connect you to critical employment please let us know asap so we can try our best to tweak them. Reply or call 01914205050"

Also, they'll be turning off paper tickets for concessionary pass holders from Monday. I do hope this is permanent as it'll probably reduce the amount of litter on board massively!

Andreos1

20 Mar 2020, 6:29 pm #22
(20 Mar 2020, 3:06 pm)streetdeckfan New Twitter post from GNE regarding the reduced timetable. Great idea asking for customer feedback rather than just setting them and that's it

I've deliberately kept quiet on the whole coronavirus thing and public transport.

I get why they've made the decision to do what they're doing and reducing service levels. 
And I applaud them for taking key workers in to account. 

However (there's always one of them), is running regular services during the day (bearing in mind that resources will be stretched) a priority or is it about allocating appropriately and ensuring that there's a spread over the course of the day?

I can't see a Sunday service (enhanced or not), being able to do that when people are relying on connections and other factors which will come in to play.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Mar 2020, 6:29 pm #22

(20 Mar 2020, 3:06 pm)streetdeckfan New Twitter post from GNE regarding the reduced timetable. Great idea asking for customer feedback rather than just setting them and that's it

I've deliberately kept quiet on the whole coronavirus thing and public transport.

I get why they've made the decision to do what they're doing and reducing service levels. 

However (there's always one of them), is running regular services during the day (bearing in mind that resources will be stretched) a priority or is it about allocating appropriately and ensuring that there's a spread over the course of the day?

I can't see a Sunday service (enhanced or not), being able to do that when people are relying on connections and other factors which will come in to play.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

cbma06

20 Mar 2020, 6:36 pm #23
(20 Mar 2020, 6:29 pm)Andreos1 I've deliberately kept quiet on the whole coronavirus thing and public transport.

Touch wood, bus services might get reduced even further in the near future if drivers take bad and have to isolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
20 Mar 2020, 6:36 pm #23

(20 Mar 2020, 6:29 pm)Andreos1 I've deliberately kept quiet on the whole coronavirus thing and public transport.

Touch wood, bus services might get reduced even further in the near future if drivers take bad and have to isolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

20 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm #24
Wonder if the new buses will be delayed again?, can't be helped but i bet the electric Yutong's will be delayed by a few months!

Annoyed but i understand the choice going to a Sunday service, but now i have to walk 20 minutes from Southwick to get to work, as the 8 won't be running...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm #24

Wonder if the new buses will be delayed again?, can't be helped but i bet the electric Yutong's will be delayed by a few months!

Annoyed but i understand the choice going to a Sunday service, but now i have to walk 20 minutes from Southwick to get to work, as the 8 won't be running...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm #25
Moan, moan, moan !! Our operators are facing an unprecedented situation and have taken, after much discussion no doubt, the decisions that have been announced, and are been effected. Who knows just what lies ahead ? People want to be thankful we have what we have and adjust/plan accordingly. It happens and then just what's the point of talking about new buses ? This goes on for as long as is being talked about we can't afford them !!!
scanialover
20 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm #25

Moan, moan, moan !! Our operators are facing an unprecedented situation and have taken, after much discussion no doubt, the decisions that have been announced, and are been effected. Who knows just what lies ahead ? People want to be thankful we have what we have and adjust/plan accordingly. It happens and then just what's the point of talking about new buses ? This goes on for as long as is being talked about we can't afford them !!!

Michael

20 Mar 2020, 7:24 pm #26
(20 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm)scanialover Moan, moan, moan !! Our operators are facing an unprecedented situation and have taken, after much discussion no doubt, the decisions that have been announced, and are been effected. Who knows just what lies ahead ? People want to be thankful we have what we have and adjust/plan accordingly. It happens and then just what's the point of talking about new buses ? This goes on for as long as is being talked about we can't afford them !!!

Jesus calm down, i was trying to start a new conversation............................... i was just bloody asking!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Mar 2020, 7:24 pm #26

(20 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm)scanialover Moan, moan, moan !! Our operators are facing an unprecedented situation and have taken, after much discussion no doubt, the decisions that have been announced, and are been effected. Who knows just what lies ahead ? People want to be thankful we have what we have and adjust/plan accordingly. It happens and then just what's the point of talking about new buses ? This goes on for as long as is being talked about we can't afford them !!!

Jesus calm down, i was trying to start a new conversation............................... i was just bloody asking!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm #27
Hundreds of drivers, engineers and other staff to pay for who knows how long. Vehicles that are on the road to fuel and maintain. And virtually no revenue. Just one very small part of a country that is in dire straits. Now we'll have people crying because their Friday nights p**s up has been stopped. Get real people, get together, best and how you can and let's fight this and get back to normal. Then we can look at new buses, shops, businesses and nights out. I didn't intend to be rude, pointed or argumentative - just real!
scanialover
20 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm #27

Hundreds of drivers, engineers and other staff to pay for who knows how long. Vehicles that are on the road to fuel and maintain. And virtually no revenue. Just one very small part of a country that is in dire straits. Now we'll have people crying because their Friday nights p**s up has been stopped. Get real people, get together, best and how you can and let's fight this and get back to normal. Then we can look at new buses, shops, businesses and nights out. I didn't intend to be rude, pointed or argumentative - just real!

Michael

20 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm #28
(20 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm)scanialover Hundreds of drivers, engineers and other staff to pay for who knows how long. Vehicles that are on the road to fuel and maintain. And virtually no revenue. Just one very small part of a country that is in dire straits. Now we'll have people crying because their Friday nights p**s up has been stopped. Get real people, get together, best and how you can and let's fight this and get back to normal. Then we can look at new buses, shops, businesses and nights out. I didn't intend to be rude, pointed or argumentative - just real!

I was on about getting to work, not actual going out on a Friday night (something we can't do now) though.

Didn't mean to get snappy back at all but i was only asking a question.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm #28

(20 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm)scanialover Hundreds of drivers, engineers and other staff to pay for who knows how long. Vehicles that are on the road to fuel and maintain. And virtually no revenue. Just one very small part of a country that is in dire straits. Now we'll have people crying because their Friday nights p**s up has been stopped. Get real people, get together, best and how you can and let's fight this and get back to normal. Then we can look at new buses, shops, businesses and nights out. I didn't intend to be rude, pointed or argumentative - just real!

I was on about getting to work, not actual going out on a Friday night (something we can't do now) though.

Didn't mean to get snappy back at all but i was only asking a question.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Mar 2020, 7:54 pm #29
Sorry Michael. It's proper worrying times and for sure I'd be concerned, indeed am concerned for everyone that has to get to work and such like. Again, my apologies.
scanialover
20 Mar 2020, 7:54 pm #29

Sorry Michael. It's proper worrying times and for sure I'd be concerned, indeed am concerned for everyone that has to get to work and such like. Again, my apologies.

Michael

20 Mar 2020, 7:58 pm #30
(20 Mar 2020, 7:54 pm)scanialover Sorry Michael. It's proper worrying times and for sure I'd be concerned, indeed am concerned for everyone that has to get to work and such like. Again, my apologies.

No worries, i'm sorry too, i'm in the same boat, i work in education so like everyone else, we're still trying to get our heads around everything!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Mar 2020, 7:58 pm #30

(20 Mar 2020, 7:54 pm)scanialover Sorry Michael. It's proper worrying times and for sure I'd be concerned, indeed am concerned for everyone that has to get to work and such like. Again, my apologies.

No worries, i'm sorry too, i'm in the same boat, i work in education so like everyone else, we're still trying to get our heads around everything!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Mar 2020, 8:01 pm #31
Kinda good to be thinking and talking about new buses then? Bit of distraction therapy yes? Our forum could prove to be a useful lifeline?
scanialover
20 Mar 2020, 8:01 pm #31

Kinda good to be thinking and talking about new buses then? Bit of distraction therapy yes? Our forum could prove to be a useful lifeline?

20 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm #32
(20 Mar 2020, 8:01 pm)scanialover Kinda good to be thinking and talking about new buses then? Bit of distraction therapy  yes? Our forum could prove to be a useful lifeline?

Should I bring up the NSA on the X21 then? Wink
streetdeckfan
20 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm #32

(20 Mar 2020, 8:01 pm)scanialover Kinda good to be thinking and talking about new buses then? Bit of distraction therapy  yes? Our forum could prove to be a useful lifeline?

Should I bring up the NSA on the X21 then? Wink

20 Mar 2020, 8:12 pm #33
What's wrong with it then?
scanialover
20 Mar 2020, 8:12 pm #33

What's wrong with it then?

20 Mar 2020, 10:08 pm #34
(20 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm)Michael Wonder if the new buses will be delayed again?, can't be helped but i bet the electric Yutong's will be delayed by a few months!

135/136 are running to their Sunday timetable? First 136 running at 6:18 from Park Lane.
deanmachine
20 Mar 2020, 10:08 pm #34

(20 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm)Michael Wonder if the new buses will be delayed again?, can't be helped but i bet the electric Yutong's will be delayed by a few months!

135/136 are running to their Sunday timetable? First 136 running at 6:18 from Park Lane.

S830OFT

20 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm #35
I don't think the 135/136 will run as the Nexus 37/73 are running...

S830OFT
20 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm #35

I don't think the 135/136 will run as the Nexus 37/73 are running...

Michael

20 Mar 2020, 10:42 pm #36
(20 Mar 2020, 10:08 pm)deanmachine 135/136 are running to their Sunday timetable? First 136 running at 6:18 from Park Lane.

Aye but to get that, i'll have to leave at like 5:30am...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Mar 2020, 10:42 pm #36

(20 Mar 2020, 10:08 pm)deanmachine 135/136 are running to their Sunday timetable? First 136 running at 6:18 from Park Lane.

Aye but to get that, i'll have to leave at like 5:30am...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Mar 2020, 10:49 pm #37
(20 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm)S830OFT I don't think the 135/136 will run as the Nexus 37/73 are running...

They are, on our running boards at Deptford, also listed on the GNE website.
deanmachine
20 Mar 2020, 10:49 pm #37

(20 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm)S830OFT I don't think the 135/136 will run as the Nexus 37/73 are running...

They are, on our running boards at Deptford, also listed on the GNE website.

21 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm #38
There's already around 10-15% of drivers isolating or on the sick for other reasons at my depot. Not to mention those on holiday etc.

I was sent a snapchat recently of what would normally be a busy service at around 11am and there was one person on the bus - it was on time and it wasn't following another either. Passenger numbers have plummeted - as they frankly should have given the advice.

Now the scenario facing us is that GNE (and other operators) could turn round and try to operate business as normal with these reduced numbers - having everything running round near empty. This is not economical and also leaves the very likely prospect of key workers standing waiting for a scheduled bus in a few weeks time, when we hit the peak, that doesn't show as the driver is in isolation. Customer complains etc etc. Or they preempt the situation, reduce to a key, core service which can be maintained by a smaller number of staff, so in the event that they do lose a significant number, they have a better chance.
21 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm #38

There's already around 10-15% of drivers isolating or on the sick for other reasons at my depot. Not to mention those on holiday etc.

I was sent a snapchat recently of what would normally be a busy service at around 11am and there was one person on the bus - it was on time and it wasn't following another either. Passenger numbers have plummeted - as they frankly should have given the advice.

Now the scenario facing us is that GNE (and other operators) could turn round and try to operate business as normal with these reduced numbers - having everything running round near empty. This is not economical and also leaves the very likely prospect of key workers standing waiting for a scheduled bus in a few weeks time, when we hit the peak, that doesn't show as the driver is in isolation. Customer complains etc etc. Or they preempt the situation, reduce to a key, core service which can be maintained by a smaller number of staff, so in the event that they do lose a significant number, they have a better chance.

BusLoverMum

21 Mar 2020, 5:13 pm #39
(21 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm)6049 There's already around 10-15% of drivers isolating or on the sick for other reasons at my depot. Not to mention those on holiday etc.

Modt of the buses passing our house have been empty or near empty, this afternoon, both local and long distance. It's quite eerie.
BusLoverMum
21 Mar 2020, 5:13 pm #39

(21 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm)6049 There's already around 10-15% of drivers isolating or on the sick for other reasons at my depot. Not to mention those on holiday etc.

Modt of the buses passing our house have been empty or near empty, this afternoon, both local and long distance. It's quite eerie.

Michael

21 Mar 2020, 5:20 pm #40
(21 Mar 2020, 5:13 pm)BusLoverMum Modt of the buses passing our house have been empty or near empty, this afternoon, both local and long distance. It's quite eerie.

Same here, Stagecoach have a E400 on the 23, which has been mostly empty... will get worse now since all the cafe's etc have been forced to shut.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Mar 2020, 5:20 pm #40

(21 Mar 2020, 5:13 pm)BusLoverMum Modt of the buses passing our house have been empty or near empty, this afternoon, both local and long distance. It's quite eerie.

Same here, Stagecoach have a E400 on the 23, which has been mostly empty... will get worse now since all the cafe's etc have been forced to shut.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (28) Previous 1 2 328 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average