Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Northern Group Enthusiasts Club - April Q&A Facebook Live

Northern Group Enthusiasts Club - April Q&A Facebook Live

Northern Group Enthusiasts Club - April Q&A Facebook Live

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
17 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm #21
(17 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm)cbma06 The x88 was the express version of the old 188 (new 56) between concord and Sunderland, but after concord it went to the galleries then metro centre, is there still demand for the X88? , metro centre is not the same as it was years ago and it might be going bust soon anyway. Doesn’t really take much for passengers to board the X66 then change at Gateshead for service x1 or 56, should stop the X from the X66 and just run it as a 66 or GNE totally renumber the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the X66 is more express than a lot of the other X routes! At least it's limited stop for most of it's route!
streetdeckfan
17 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm #21

(17 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm)cbma06 The x88 was the express version of the old 188 (new 56) between concord and Sunderland, but after concord it went to the galleries then metro centre, is there still demand for the X88? , metro centre is not the same as it was years ago and it might be going bust soon anyway. Doesn’t really take much for passengers to board the X66 then change at Gateshead for service x1 or 56, should stop the X from the X66 and just run it as a 66 or GNE totally renumber the service.

Well, the X66 is more express than a lot of the other X routes! At least it's limited stop for most of it's route!

cbma06

17 Apr 2020, 1:30 pm #22
(17 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm)streetdeckfan Well, the X66 is more express than a lot of the other X routes! At least it's limited stop for most of it's route!

cbma06
17 Apr 2020, 1:30 pm #22

(17 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm)streetdeckfan Well, the X66 is more express than a lot of the other X routes! At least it's limited stop for most of it's route!

Ambassador

17 Apr 2020, 1:38 pm #23

As far as I can see, the X Lines/Routes are advertised as rapid bus links as opposed to limited stop.

You can drive from A to B down a straight road and stop at every stop or drive from A-B via C and not stop at every stop.

The first route would be the express route as it's the quickest point to point.

Do you have any examples of Go North East XLines where a non express bus is quicker than its X Lines equivalent?

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
17 Apr 2020, 1:38 pm #23

As far as I can see, the X Lines/Routes are advertised as rapid bus links as opposed to limited stop.

You can drive from A to B down a straight road and stop at every stop or drive from A-B via C and not stop at every stop.

Do you have any examples of Go North East XLines where a non express bus is quicker than its X Lines equivalent?

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

17 Apr 2020, 1:47 pm #24
(17 Apr 2020, 1:38 pm)Ambassador As far as I can see, the X Lines/Routes are advertised as rapid bus links as opposed to limited stop.

Doing a quick bit of maths in my head, other than the X9/X10, the X66 has the highest proportion of its route run 'express'

My issue is primarily with X45/X46/X47
In order to make them 'express', all they made it run non-stop between MetroCentre and Newcastle, and got rid of the 'standard' routes. Therefore the 'express' routes are not express, they are just the normal route!
It's clear they did it purely for the branding, which I honestly have no problem with...

I get that in order to 'qualify' as Xlines, the route has to EITHER be faster than the 'standard' route, or run primarily the same way as you would drive in your car, and for the most part they do.

I just don't personally think you should be allowed to call a route 'express' unless there's also a service that runs to the same places but slower

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
17 Apr 2020, 1:47 pm #24

(17 Apr 2020, 1:38 pm)Ambassador As far as I can see, the X Lines/Routes are advertised as rapid bus links as opposed to limited stop.

Doing a quick bit of maths in my head, other than the X9/X10, the X66 has the highest proportion of its route run 'express'

My issue is primarily with X45/X46/X47
In order to make them 'express', all they made it run non-stop between MetroCentre and Newcastle, and got rid of the 'standard' routes. Therefore the 'express' routes are not express, they are just the normal route!
It's clear they did it purely for the branding, which I honestly have no problem with...

I get that in order to 'qualify' as Xlines, the route has to EITHER be faster than the 'standard' route, or run primarily the same way as you would drive in your car, and for the most part they do.

I just don't personally think you should be allowed to call a route 'express' unless there's also a service that runs to the same places but slower

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

S813 FVK

17 Apr 2020, 2:04 pm #25
I personally don't think the 45/46/47 should become Xlines but even before they were made non-stop between Newcastle and Metrocentre, they took broadly the same time end-to-end than the X70/X71 give or take a few minutes.

Once they're out of the estates, they follow the same road all the way to Swalwell Roundabout. It's quicker than people think.

It's a pity they couldn't connect the X31 and X70/X71 together in Newcastle without either a ~15 minute layover in Newcastle or two buses following eachother from Newcastle to Sunniside if they were to swap the X30 and X31 departure times around.
S813 FVK
17 Apr 2020, 2:04 pm #25

I personally don't think the 45/46/47 should become Xlines but even before they were made non-stop between Newcastle and Metrocentre, they took broadly the same time end-to-end than the X70/X71 give or take a few minutes.

Once they're out of the estates, they follow the same road all the way to Swalwell Roundabout. It's quicker than people think.

It's a pity they couldn't connect the X31 and X70/X71 together in Newcastle without either a ~15 minute layover in Newcastle or two buses following eachother from Newcastle to Sunniside if they were to swap the X30 and X31 departure times around.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average