Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Shops in/going into administration

Shops in/going into administration

Shops in/going into administration

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
22 Jun 2020, 7:19 pm #41
(22 Jun 2020, 5:55 pm)cbma06 Go Outdoors set to go into administration with 2,400 jobs under threat

Owner JD Sports has filed for court protection following a huge downturn on trade due to the coronavirus pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always found Go Outdoors to be incredibly expensive, so I definitely won't miss it. Shame about the potential job losses though
streetdeckfan
22 Jun 2020, 7:19 pm #41

(22 Jun 2020, 5:55 pm)cbma06 Go Outdoors set to go into administration with 2,400 jobs under threat

Owner JD Sports has filed for court protection following a huge downturn on trade due to the coronavirus pandemic

I've always found Go Outdoors to be incredibly expensive, so I definitely won't miss it. Shame about the potential job losses though

cbma06

23 Jun 2020, 10:40 am #42
Intu Group who own Metro Centre in Gateshead and Eldon Square in Newcastle says they may be forced to close its sites if administrators are brought in. Intu says a company's been put on standby to takeover if a new financial deal can't be done by Friday

cbma06
23 Jun 2020, 10:40 am #42

Intu Group who own Metro Centre in Gateshead and Eldon Square in Newcastle says they may be forced to close its sites if administrators are brought in. Intu says a company's been put on standby to takeover if a new financial deal can't be done by Friday

23 Jun 2020, 7:21 pm #43
(23 Jun 2020, 10:40 am)cbma06 Intu Group who own Metro Centre in Gateshead and Eldon Square in Newcastle says they may be forced to close its sites if administrators are brought in. Intu says a company's been put on standby to takeover if a new financial deal can't be done by Friday

Wonder if/how this would affect the bus stations at Eldon Square & MetroCentre if they close the shopping centres

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
23 Jun 2020, 7:21 pm #43

(23 Jun 2020, 10:40 am)cbma06 Intu Group who own Metro Centre in Gateshead and Eldon Square in Newcastle says they may be forced to close its sites if administrators are brought in. Intu says a company's been put on standby to takeover if a new financial deal can't be done by Friday

Wonder if/how this would affect the bus stations at Eldon Square & MetroCentre if they close the shopping centres

23 Jun 2020, 7:30 pm #44
(23 Jun 2020, 7:21 pm)TEN 6083 Wonder if/how this would affect the bus stations at Eldon Square & MetroCentre if they close them

Are the bus stations owned by Intu and just operated by Nexus, or are they owned by Nexus directly?
streetdeckfan
23 Jun 2020, 7:30 pm #44

(23 Jun 2020, 7:21 pm)TEN 6083 Wonder if/how this would affect the bus stations at Eldon Square & MetroCentre if they close them

Are the bus stations owned by Intu and just operated by Nexus, or are they owned by Nexus directly?

Andreos1

23 Jun 2020, 7:45 pm #45

I was driving past the metrocentre earlier and was wondering what the impact would be on the bus network, if either of the shopping centres were to close.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jun 2020, 7:45 pm #45

I was driving past the metrocentre earlier and was wondering what the impact would be on the bus network, if either of the shopping centres were to close.

23 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm #46
(23 Jun 2020, 7:45 pm)Andreos1 I was driving past the metrocentre earlier and was wondering what the impact would be on the bus network, if either of the shopping centres were to close.

Done a bit of Googling, and it seems like Metrocentre Interchange is fully owned by Intu, so I'd imagine it would have to close, unless some agreement can be made.
Eldon Square Bus Station is jointly owned by Intu and Newcastle Council so I would imagine it could stay open.
streetdeckfan
23 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm #46

(23 Jun 2020, 7:45 pm)Andreos1 I was driving past the metrocentre earlier and was wondering what the impact would be on the bus network, if either of the shopping centres were to close.

Done a bit of Googling, and it seems like Metrocentre Interchange is fully owned by Intu, so I'd imagine it would have to close, unless some agreement can be made.
Eldon Square Bus Station is jointly owned by Intu and Newcastle Council so I would imagine it could stay open.

Andreos1

23 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm #47
(23 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm)streetdeckfan Done a bit of Googling, and it seems like Metrocentre Interchange is fully owned by Intu, so I'd imagine it would have to close, unless some agreement can be made.

Regardless of who owns or operates the metrocentre interchange, if there's no shops open, restaurants to eat in or a cinema showing films - people aren't going to be getting the bus there.
The likes of the 100 will be redundant.

Andreos1
23 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm #47

(23 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm)streetdeckfan Done a bit of Googling, and it seems like Metrocentre Interchange is fully owned by Intu, so I'd imagine it would have to close, unless some agreement can be made.

Regardless of who owns or operates the metrocentre interchange, if there's no shops open, restaurants to eat in or a cinema showing films - people aren't going to be getting the bus there.

23 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm #48
(23 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm)Andreos1 Regardless of who owns or operates the metrocentre interchange, if there's no shops open, restaurants to eat in or a cinema showing films - people aren't going to be getting the bus there.

But a lot of people still use it as an interchange, I highly doubt Metrocentre is going to close permanently, so if it were to close temporarily it would add extra time on to a lot of journeys, having to travel to either Gateshead or Eldon Square (if that even stays open)
streetdeckfan
23 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm #48

(23 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm)Andreos1 Regardless of who owns or operates the metrocentre interchange, if there's no shops open, restaurants to eat in or a cinema showing films - people aren't going to be getting the bus there.

But a lot of people still use it as an interchange, I highly doubt Metrocentre is going to close permanently, so if it were to close temporarily it would add extra time on to a lot of journeys, having to travel to either Gateshead or Eldon Square (if that even stays open)

Andreos1

23 Jun 2020, 9:55 pm #49
(23 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm)streetdeckfan But a lot of people still use it as an interchange, I highly doubt Metrocentre is going to close permanently, so if it were to close temporarily it would add extra time on to a lot of journeys, having to travel to either Gateshead or Eldon Square (if that even stays open)

I'd hazard a guess that those people form a tiny proportion of the people passing through the metrocentre. Miniscule compared to the proportion of people tramping past Greggs and Pizza Hut.

Andreos1
23 Jun 2020, 9:55 pm #49

(23 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm)streetdeckfan But a lot of people still use it as an interchange, I highly doubt Metrocentre is going to close permanently, so if it were to close temporarily it would add extra time on to a lot of journeys, having to travel to either Gateshead or Eldon Square (if that even stays open)

I'd hazard a guess that those people form a tiny proportion of the people passing through the metrocentre. Miniscule compared to the proportion of people tramping past Greggs and Pizza Hut.

23 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm #50
(23 Jun 2020, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 I'd hazard a guess that those people form a tiny proportion of the people passing through the metrocentre. Miniscule compared to the proportion of people tramping past Greggs and Pizza Hut.

I personally used it all the time, it was much faster to get the 49 to the Metro to catch the X47, 10 etc. than it was going Eldon Square on the X30.

I used to see a lot of others just going from one stand to another as well
streetdeckfan
23 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm #50

(23 Jun 2020, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 I'd hazard a guess that those people form a tiny proportion of the people passing through the metrocentre. Miniscule compared to the proportion of people tramping past Greggs and Pizza Hut.

I personally used it all the time, it was much faster to get the 49 to the Metro to catch the X47, 10 etc. than it was going Eldon Square on the X30.

Charles41

24 Jun 2020, 5:38 am #51
I cannot see them closing Eldon Square or the Metrocentre either permanently or eve temporarily. The owners are heavily indebted and need all the rent receipts they can get to pay their creditors. Very unlikely they would leave a site like the Metrocentre empty when they still have to pay the running costs such as maintenance and ground rent.

Charles
Charles41
24 Jun 2020, 5:38 am #51

I cannot see them closing Eldon Square or the Metrocentre either permanently or eve temporarily. The owners are heavily indebted and need all the rent receipts they can get to pay their creditors. Very unlikely they would leave a site like the Metrocentre empty when they still have to pay the running costs such as maintenance and ground rent.

Charles

Andreos1

24 Jun 2020, 8:38 am #52
(23 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm)streetdeckfan I personally used it all the time, it was much faster to get the 49 to the Metro to catch the X47, 10 etc. than it was going Eldon Square on the X30.

I'm sure there will be people who use it as an interchange - I've done it myself a handful of times since it opened in 87.
It still won't mean the bus station alongside one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe is used primarily as an interchange or that should the metrocentre close (permanently or temporarily), that services such as the 100 would sustain enough passengers through those using the bus station as an interchange.

There's hundreds of buses a day passing through and as I said earlier, a tiny proportion of those will use it as an interchange. The rest will be going to eat, wander or shop. It goes without saying.

Andreos1
24 Jun 2020, 8:38 am #52

(23 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm)streetdeckfan I personally used it all the time, it was much faster to get the 49 to the Metro to catch the X47, 10 etc. than it was going Eldon Square on the X30.

I'm sure there will be people who use it as an interchange - I've done it myself a handful of times since it opened in 87.
It still won't mean the bus station alongside one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe is used primarily as an interchange or that should the metrocentre close (permanently or temporarily), that services such as the 100 would sustain enough passengers through those using the bus station as an interchange.

There's hundreds of buses a day passing through and as I said earlier, a tiny proportion of those will use it as an interchange. The rest will be going to eat, wander or shop. It goes without saying.

25 Jun 2020, 1:38 am #53
https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-c...476214.amp

JD Sports buys Go Outdoors back after pushing it into administration

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
25 Jun 2020, 1:38 am #53

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-c...476214.amp

cbma06

25 Jun 2020, 6:03 am #54
(25 Jun 2020, 1:38 am)TEN 6083 https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-c...476214.amp

It’s cheaper to put the company into admin then purchase the company again

cbma06
25 Jun 2020, 6:03 am #54

(25 Jun 2020, 1:38 am)TEN 6083 https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-c...476214.amp

It’s cheaper to put the company into admin then purchase the company again

BusLoverMum

25 Jun 2020, 10:03 pm #55
(25 Jun 2020, 6:03 am)cbma06 It’s cheaper to put the company into admin then purchase the company again

Eh? What? Well dodgy.
BusLoverMum
25 Jun 2020, 10:03 pm #55

(25 Jun 2020, 6:03 am)cbma06 It’s cheaper to put the company into admin then purchase the company again

Eh? What? Well dodgy.

cbma06

26 Jun 2020, 6:31 am #56
Shopping centre giant Intu 'likely' to appoint administrators http://news.sky.com/story/shopping-centr...s-12015080

cbma06
26 Jun 2020, 6:31 am #56

Shopping centre giant Intu 'likely' to appoint administrators http://news.sky.com/story/shopping-centr...s-12015080

26 Jun 2020, 1:08 pm #57
Intu has just gone into administration. Going to be interesting to see what happens!.

Looks like they're going to stay open under the administrators

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53195980
streetdeckfan
26 Jun 2020, 1:08 pm #57

Intu has just gone into administration. Going to be interesting to see what happens!.

Looks like they're going to stay open under the administrators

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53195980

BusLoverMum

02 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm #58
Another raft of restaurants disappearing

Newcastle restaurants to close as Bella Italia owner goes into administration

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...p_AppShare

Pret have also announced that they won't be reopening their monument or Metrocentre stores. I bought a lot in their Haymarket store, this morning. I'd be gutted if they folded, too.
BusLoverMum
02 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm #58

Another raft of restaurants disappearing

Pret have also announced that they won't be reopening their monument or Metrocentre stores. I bought a lot in their Haymarket store, this morning. I'd be gutted if they folded, too.

02 Jul 2020, 8:39 pm #59
(02 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm)BusLoverMum Another raft of restaurants disappearing

I always used to pop into Pret when I was in the Metro, you can't beat a 49p coffee!
streetdeckfan
02 Jul 2020, 8:39 pm #59

(02 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm)BusLoverMum Another raft of restaurants disappearing

I always used to pop into Pret when I was in the Metro, you can't beat a 49p coffee!

BusLoverMum

02 Jul 2020, 9:22 pm #60
(02 Jul 2020, 8:39 pm)streetdeckfan I always used to pop into Pret when I was in the Metro, you can't beat a 49p coffee!
Yeah, their filter coffee is good. I bought a big bag of their ground coffee with my lunch order. The single origin one they do is a lovely light roast. A strong milky bucket of that has me ready to be vaguely sociable, in the morning.
BusLoverMum
02 Jul 2020, 9:22 pm #60

(02 Jul 2020, 8:39 pm)streetdeckfan I always used to pop into Pret when I was in the Metro, you can't beat a 49p coffee!
Yeah, their filter coffee is good. I bought a big bag of their ground coffee with my lunch order. The single origin one they do is a lovely light roast. A strong milky bucket of that has me ready to be vaguely sociable, in the morning.

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average