Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (64) Previous 130 31 3264 Next
Storx

08 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm #601
(08 Dec 2020, 11:57 am)JP6004 Depends if the SWB Streetlite are permanent allocation and if the services warrant DD at the moment.

Versas could also still move back to Riverside yet

Versas won't be going back to Riverside, Dan said they're staying on the 28 a few days ago and they've got Euro 6 Mods for the service. Can't see the Streetlites going anywhere else there's not really any other services that need 3 buses only.
Storx
08 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm #601

(08 Dec 2020, 11:57 am)JP6004 Depends if the SWB Streetlite are permanent allocation and if the services warrant DD at the moment.

Versas could also still move back to Riverside yet

Versas won't be going back to Riverside, Dan said they're staying on the 28 a few days ago and they've got Euro 6 Mods for the service. Can't see the Streetlites going anywhere else there's not really any other services that need 3 buses only.

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm #602
(08 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm)Storx Versas won't be going back to Riverside, Dan said they're staying on the 28 a few days ago and they've got Euro 6 Mods for the service. Can't see the Streetlites going anywhere else there's not really any other services that need 3 buses only.
Well I presume the 3 SWB will transfer to Deptford with the rest eventually. As stated, it is only temporary in order to release omnis for the 311
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm #602

(08 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm)Storx Versas won't be going back to Riverside, Dan said they're staying on the 28 a few days ago and they've got Euro 6 Mods for the service. Can't see the Streetlites going anywhere else there's not really any other services that need 3 buses only.
Well I presume the 3 SWB will transfer to Deptford with the rest eventually. As stated, it is only temporary in order to release omnis for the 311

Storx

08 Dec 2020, 1:01 pm #603
(08 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm)JP6004 Well I presume the 3 SWB will transfer to Deptford with the rest eventually. As stated, it is only temporary in order to release omnis for the 311

Where does it say it's temporary?

Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite 8344 (NL63 XBO), 8345 (NL63 XBP) and 8346 (NL63 XBR) have all transferred from Riverside Depot to Chester-le-Street, for use on service 34. This has displaced andScania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5272 (NK56 KKH), 5273 (NK56 KKJ) and 5274 (NK56 KKL) from Chester-le-Street Depot to Percy Main, for temporary allocation to “Cobalt & Coast” service 311, due to low passenger numbers on this service, which will allow the displacement of double-decks to be more appropriately used.

The only thing temporary is the Omnicity's on the 311, the Omnicity's have been displaced which isn't temporary to me.
Storx
08 Dec 2020, 1:01 pm #603

(08 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm)JP6004 Well I presume the 3 SWB will transfer to Deptford with the rest eventually. As stated, it is only temporary in order to release omnis for the 311

Where does it say it's temporary?

Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite 8344 (NL63 XBO), 8345 (NL63 XBP) and 8346 (NL63 XBR) have all transferred from Riverside Depot to Chester-le-Street, for use on service 34. This has displaced andScania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5272 (NK56 KKH), 5273 (NK56 KKJ) and 5274 (NK56 KKL) from Chester-le-Street Depot to Percy Main, for temporary allocation to “Cobalt & Coast” service 311, due to low passenger numbers on this service, which will allow the displacement of double-decks to be more appropriately used.

The only thing temporary is the Omnicity's on the 311, the Omnicity's have been displaced which isn't temporary to me.

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 1:09 pm #604
(08 Dec 2020, 1:01 pm)Storx Where does it say it's temporary?

I read it as if that the whole allocation was temporary
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 1:09 pm #604

(08 Dec 2020, 1:01 pm)Storx Where does it say it's temporary?

I read it as if that the whole allocation was temporary

ne14ne1

08 Dec 2020, 6:39 pm #605
Good to see the Quaycities have white front destination screens: https://flic.kr/p/2keNEQA

Revised Angel branding: https://flic.kr/p/2keP7yA

And I wonder why this X84/X85 has different shaped black window surround vinyl at the back of the lower saloon compared to the others: https://flic.kr/p/2keJSeY
ne14ne1
08 Dec 2020, 6:39 pm #605

Good to see the Quaycities have white front destination screens: https://flic.kr/p/2keNEQA

And I wonder why this X84/X85 has different shaped black window surround vinyl at the back of the lower saloon compared to the others: https://flic.kr/p/2keJSeY

08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm #606
(08 Dec 2020, 6:39 pm)ne14ne1 Good to see the Quaycities have white front destination screens: https://flic.kr/p/2keNEQA

There's something that just looks off about the Angel branding. I think it's the fact there's now three different shades of green. I personally think it looks worse now than it did with the vinyl on the window. They should have either left it alone or gone with a full rebrand.

As for the E400s, the angled black vinyl definitely looks worse than the rounded vinyl on the 'older' examples. As I've said before, every batch of E400s seem to be completely different, can they not just decide on a spec!
streetdeckfan
08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm #606

(08 Dec 2020, 6:39 pm)ne14ne1 Good to see the Quaycities have white front destination screens: https://flic.kr/p/2keNEQA

There's something that just looks off about the Angel branding. I think it's the fact there's now three different shades of green. I personally think it looks worse now than it did with the vinyl on the window. They should have either left it alone or gone with a full rebrand.

As for the E400s, the angled black vinyl definitely looks worse than the rounded vinyl on the 'older' examples. As I've said before, every batch of E400s seem to be completely different, can they not just decide on a spec!

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm #607

Really not a fan of the angel, head looks so out or proportion. Would of been better if they just removed vinyls from the window

(08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm)streetdeckfan There's something that just looks off about the Angel branding. I think it's the fact there's now three different shades of green. I personally think it looks worse now than it did with the vinyl on the window. They should have either left it alone or gone with a full rebrand.

Agree think it would look much better if was closer to the original angel, maybe half X21 blue and pink with brown angel
Edited 08 Dec 2020, 6:53 pm by JP6004.
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm #607

Really not a fan of the angel, head looks so out or proportion. Would of been better if they just removed vinyls from the window

(08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm)streetdeckfan There's something that just looks off about the Angel branding. I think it's the fact there's now three different shades of green. I personally think it looks worse now than it did with the vinyl on the window. They should have either left it alone or gone with a full rebrand.

Agree think it would look much better if was closer to the original angel, maybe half X21 blue and pink with brown angel

ne14ne1

08 Dec 2020, 7:10 pm #608

Im not a fan of the altered Angel either.

As for the E400 it’s just that one. The other 3 of that orange batch have the normal style seen on the earlier green batches.
ne14ne1
08 Dec 2020, 7:10 pm #608

Im not a fan of the altered Angel either.

As for the E400 it’s just that one. The other 3 of that orange batch have the normal style seen on the earlier green batches.

S813 FVK

08 Dec 2020, 7:14 pm #609
(08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm)streetdeckfan As for the E400s, the angled black vinyl definitely looks worse than the rounded vinyl on the 'older' examples. As I've said before, every batch of E400s seem to be completely different, can they not just decide on a spec!

It's only that one like that - if you look to the far right the one next to it has the curved rear vinyl as normal. Wouldn't surprise me if it has been done intentionally as a trial to see how it looks. Either that or it has had a panel replacement at an early stage and the curved section hasn't been replaced.

Not sure I would agree on the specs being *completely* different though. All three batches are still largely similar barring the bike racks and the internal light colour - I would expect the odd tweak here and there.

That said, not sure why the tables are different between mini-batches of this year's intake. A development issue meaning they weren't ready in time for the Consett vehicles perhaps? It's certainly not a style I've seen before, though I can't say I've been looking.
S813 FVK
08 Dec 2020, 7:14 pm #609

(08 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm)streetdeckfan As for the E400s, the angled black vinyl definitely looks worse than the rounded vinyl on the 'older' examples. As I've said before, every batch of E400s seem to be completely different, can they not just decide on a spec!

It's only that one like that - if you look to the far right the one next to it has the curved rear vinyl as normal. Wouldn't surprise me if it has been done intentionally as a trial to see how it looks. Either that or it has had a panel replacement at an early stage and the curved section hasn't been replaced.

Not sure I would agree on the specs being *completely* different though. All three batches are still largely similar barring the bike racks and the internal light colour - I would expect the odd tweak here and there.

That said, not sure why the tables are different between mini-batches of this year's intake. A development issue meaning they weren't ready in time for the Consett vehicles perhaps? It's certainly not a style I've seen before, though I can't say I've been looking.

08 Dec 2020, 8:14 pm #610
(08 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm)JP6004 Really not a fan of the angel, head looks so out or proportion. Would of been better if they just removed vinyls from the window

[Image: Angel-Colour.jpg]

Had a quick play in Photoshop and despite my poor colour matching, I think changing the colours back to normal makes it look so much smarter.
streetdeckfan
08 Dec 2020, 8:14 pm #610

(08 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm)JP6004 Really not a fan of the angel, head looks so out or proportion. Would of been better if they just removed vinyls from the window

[Image: Angel-Colour.jpg]

Had a quick play in Photoshop and despite my poor colour matching, I think changing the colours back to normal makes it look so much smarter.

Storx

08 Dec 2020, 8:18 pm #611
(08 Dec 2020, 8:14 pm)streetdeckfan [Image: Angel-Colour.jpg]

tbf it still doesn't look ideal just looks like they've tried to force a brand with something that wasn't designed to be like that. It kinda looks like someone has put one of the windows out and they didn't redo the livery to me. It would probably look better if they removed the slant so the whole wings are on the side but once you've done that you might aswell start again tbh. Shame really but the lines on the window are annoying on the bus so it doesn't bother me too much.
Storx
08 Dec 2020, 8:18 pm #611

tbf it still doesn't look ideal just looks like they've tried to force a brand with something that wasn't designed to be like that. It kinda looks like someone has put one of the windows out and they didn't redo the livery to me. It would probably look better if they removed the slant so the whole wings are on the side but once you've done that you might aswell start again tbh. Shame really but the lines on the window are annoying on the bus so it doesn't bother me too much.

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm #612

Aww thought u were going to do blue and pink  Wink head still looks way to small and like it's been cut off at the knees
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm #612

Aww thought u were going to do blue and pink  Wink head still looks way to small and like it's been cut off at the knees

08 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm #613
(08 Dec 2020, 8:18 pm)Storx tbf it still doesn't look ideal just looks like they've tried to force a brand with something that wasn't designed to be like that. It kinda looks like someone has put one of the windows out and they didn't redo the livery to me. It would probably look better if they removed the slant so the whole wings are on the side but once you've done that you might aswell start again tbh. Shame really but the lines on the window are annoying on the bus so it doesn't bother me too much.

Totally agree, I'd have left it another year or two and just given them a full rebrand into the new corporate style. In fact, I might have a bit of a play about see if I can come up with something half decent.

(08 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm)JP6004 Aww thought u were going to do blue and pink  Wink head still looks way to small and like it's been cut off at the knees

[Image: Angel-Pink-Head.jpg]
Is that bloody better for you?! Can't be arsed to change any more colours so I just picked the best colour out of the two!
streetdeckfan
08 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm #613

(08 Dec 2020, 8:18 pm)Storx tbf it still doesn't look ideal just looks like they've tried to force a brand with something that wasn't designed to be like that. It kinda looks like someone has put one of the windows out and they didn't redo the livery to me. It would probably look better if they removed the slant so the whole wings are on the side but once you've done that you might aswell start again tbh. Shame really but the lines on the window are annoying on the bus so it doesn't bother me too much.

Totally agree, I'd have left it another year or two and just given them a full rebrand into the new corporate style. In fact, I might have a bit of a play about see if I can come up with something half decent.

(08 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm)JP6004 Aww thought u were going to do blue and pink  Wink head still looks way to small and like it's been cut off at the knees

Is that bloody better for you?! Can't be arsed to change any more colours so I just picked the best colour out of the two!

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm #614
(08 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan Totally agree, I'd have left it another year or two and just given them a full rebrand into the new corporate style. In fact, I might have a bit of a play about see if I can come up with something half decent.

Awww I meant blue and pink base livery with brown angel. That's a hell of a pink head  Tongue
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm #614

(08 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan Totally agree, I'd have left it another year or two and just given them a full rebrand into the new corporate style. In fact, I might have a bit of a play about see if I can come up with something half decent.

Awww I meant blue and pink base livery with brown angel. That's a hell of a pink head  Tongue

08 Dec 2020, 8:37 pm #615
(08 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm)JP6004 Awww I meant blue and pink base livery with brown angel. That's a hell of a pink head  Tongue

I know, but like I said I couldn't be arsed change any more colours!.

Anyway bringing this back on topic... I really do think they've made it worse by adding another shade of green to the mix
streetdeckfan
08 Dec 2020, 8:37 pm #615

(08 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm)JP6004 Awww I meant blue and pink base livery with brown angel. That's a hell of a pink head  Tongue

I know, but like I said I couldn't be arsed change any more colours!.

Anyway bringing this back on topic... I really do think they've made it worse by adding another shade of green to the mix

JP6004

08 Dec 2020, 8:41 pm #616
(08 Dec 2020, 8:37 pm)streetdeckfan I know, but like I said I couldn't be arsed change any more colours!.

Yea really doesn't look good. Bit slap dash
JP6004
08 Dec 2020, 8:41 pm #616

(08 Dec 2020, 8:37 pm)streetdeckfan I know, but like I said I couldn't be arsed change any more colours!.

Yea really doesn't look good. Bit slap dash

Ambassador

08 Dec 2020, 9:23 pm #617
I do hope they haven’t paid anyone to redesign that Angel and it’s been an earnest in house effort, it’s absolutely utterly awful. The clashing third green doesn’t work at all.

I would assume they can’t do brown or there would be image right issues.

Saying that the whole green brand doesn’t really work now it’s not run by hybrids.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
08 Dec 2020, 9:23 pm #617

I do hope they haven’t paid anyone to redesign that Angel and it’s been an earnest in house effort, it’s absolutely utterly awful. The clashing third green doesn’t work at all.

I would assume they can’t do brown or there would be image right issues.

Saying that the whole green brand doesn’t really work now it’s not run by hybrids.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm #618
[Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]
If anyone didn’t see Martijn & Dan’s Q&A on Facebook this evening, the Fab Fifty Six is being rebranded to cityrider

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm #618

[Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]
If anyone didn’t see Martijn & Dan’s Q&A on Facebook this evening, the Fab Fifty Six is being rebranded to cityrider

Michael

10 Dec 2020, 8:22 pm #619
(10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]

Does look good, so glad the flowers have gone!

I tried to upload it, but it kept saying error Rolleyes Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Dec 2020, 8:22 pm #619

(10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]

Does look good, so glad the flowers have gone!

I tried to upload it, but it kept saying error Rolleyes Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

idiot

10 Dec 2020, 10:04 pm #620
Personally think it should say Stadium of Light instead of Marley Pots lol. Not exactly a great area lol.
idiot
10 Dec 2020, 10:04 pm #620

Personally think it should say Stadium of Light instead of Marley Pots lol. Not exactly a great area lol.

Pages (64) Previous 130 31 3264 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average