Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era What's new?

What's new?

What's new?

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 5:18 pm #21
For those waiting in anticipation for an update, I'd like to tell you all that updates are still happening - they're just mainly behind the scenes things like renaming the items on the server, re-uploading etc. I'm sure Brandon will make a few posts and do some updates shortly. Smile
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 5:18 pm #21

For those waiting in anticipation for an update, I'd like to tell you all that updates are still happening - they're just mainly behind the scenes things like renaming the items on the server, re-uploading etc. I'm sure Brandon will make a few posts and do some updates shortly. Smile

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

04 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm #22
I've held off posting an update until I've been in a position to get the new Northern thread up-and-running without having large gaps in the different posts. I'm pleased to say that this is now complete.

The main bulk of Northern material is now online but there is still a rather lot left to sort and get online so we'll not be short of posting updates for a good while yet. This will include more individual timetables, promotional material, and older Northern timetable booklets.

The main job I've undertaken just recently has been cataloguing the main timetable booklets in the different posts with the services they contain. Services are listed in the order they appear in the PDF file. Many other items have been added, but these are too numerous to list now, so feel free to browse.

All further updates to the Northern thread will be individually noted in this thread as before. Regarding the other operators in the Bygone Era, I'm looking to give a "Northern style" makeover to the Busways and United threads, so that each of the sections in those respective threads are given individual posts. In addition, more material is on the way for these threads too. To de-clutter the Bygone Era, I'm keen on merging the remaining operators into a single thread, with a separate post for each operator.

I do apologise for the time it's taken to sort everything out. As Daniel says, there's been a lot of behind-the-scenes work and liaising to get this right and we're looking forward to bringing a whole lot more coming soon! Big Grin
NEB Admin Team
04 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm #22

I've held off posting an update until I've been in a position to get the new Northern thread up-and-running without having large gaps in the different posts. I'm pleased to say that this is now complete.

The main bulk of Northern material is now online but there is still a rather lot left to sort and get online so we'll not be short of posting updates for a good while yet. This will include more individual timetables, promotional material, and older Northern timetable booklets.

The main job I've undertaken just recently has been cataloguing the main timetable booklets in the different posts with the services they contain. Services are listed in the order they appear in the PDF file. Many other items have been added, but these are too numerous to list now, so feel free to browse.

All further updates to the Northern thread will be individually noted in this thread as before. Regarding the other operators in the Bygone Era, I'm looking to give a "Northern style" makeover to the Busways and United threads, so that each of the sections in those respective threads are given individual posts. In addition, more material is on the way for these threads too. To de-clutter the Bygone Era, I'm keen on merging the remaining operators into a single thread, with a separate post for each operator.

I do apologise for the time it's taken to sort everything out. As Daniel says, there's been a lot of behind-the-scenes work and liaising to get this right and we're looking forward to bringing a whole lot more coming soon! Big Grin

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

10 Aug 2013, 10:03 pm #23
An update from the Independents

We welcome a new thread for Welcome Passenger Transport and several Newcastle area timetables have been added.

In the HMB thread, an April 1997 timetable has been added for the goldline / silverline circular service linking Chapel House, Newcastle City Centre and Wallsend.

The OK Travel thread now features three new timetable collections which greatly expands the offering. The first of these consists of a series of timetables from April 1985. The second is a publication of "OK - The Book", which lists OK services across the North East from April 1990. Area maps and a complete fleet list and allocation is contained within. The final collection contains 28 separate timetable leaflets for OK services operating between 1991 and 1994. This PDF is particularly large and may take some time to open.

Together; Welcome, HMB and OK Travel are the first threads to be revamped into a "Northern" style layout. This will be rolled out to all other operators soon.

For those looking for the Tyne & Wear Timetables and Area Maps threads, I've merged these with the existing Tyne and Wear Passenger Transport Executive thread - which keeps all TWPTE / Nexus material in one place.
NEB Admin Team
10 Aug 2013, 10:03 pm #23

An update from the Independents

We welcome a new thread for Welcome Passenger Transport and several Newcastle area timetables have been added.

In the HMB thread, an April 1997 timetable has been added for the goldline / silverline circular service linking Chapel House, Newcastle City Centre and Wallsend.

The OK Travel thread now features three new timetable collections which greatly expands the offering. The first of these consists of a series of timetables from April 1985. The second is a publication of "OK - The Book", which lists OK services across the North East from April 1990. Area maps and a complete fleet list and allocation is contained within. The final collection contains 28 separate timetable leaflets for OK services operating between 1991 and 1994. This PDF is particularly large and may take some time to open.

Together; Welcome, HMB and OK Travel are the first threads to be revamped into a "Northern" style layout. This will be rolled out to all other operators soon.

For those looking for the Tyne & Wear Timetables and Area Maps threads, I've merged these with the existing Tyne and Wear Passenger Transport Executive thread - which keeps all TWPTE / Nexus material in one place.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

24 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm #24
This is Brandon here with the latest update. Several changes have occurred to The Bygone Era in the last week. The section now moves to its own dedicated area on the Forum home page which improves access.

Recent additions to the Northern thread include timetables for the following routes:

179 Washington – Chester-le-Street (September 1976)
771,772 Consett – Newcastle (September 1976)
705,706,717 Stanley / Quaking Houses – Newcastle (March 1978)
701,702,703,704 Newcastle – Stanley – Chester-le-Street (May 1978)
151,152,192,194,194 Sunderland / Newcastle – Murton / Thornley / Easington Lane (July 1978)
X16 Washington – Durham (April 1976)

We've also launched a dedicated thread for the Tyne and Wear Metro system together with British Rail services. A fantastic addition thanks to AdamY has been a complete 1982/1983 guide to services in the West Northumberland area. This can be found in the Northumberland County Council thread.

I’m taking this opportunity to announce my departure from North East Buses. This existing account of mine has now been re-branded as a "NEB Admin Team" account so all existing posts in the Bygone Era won't need to be re-posted. Tonight I'm relinquishing my access to this account, but Liam and Daniel will both have joint access.

I've been with NEB from nearly the beginning and it's been one hell of a great journey; but one that is now time for me to end. It's for personal reasons why I'm leaving, but it's been approaching for quite some time now. I thank the one and only gtomlinson for credit to this whole sections conception. Nearly a year ago, he asked if anyone had a copy of a timetable for service X72 which once operated from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle. From that point onwards, I've been committed to developing an extensive library of Bygone timetables and bus material from years gone by. Had it not been for you, this would never have existed. So I thank you, and I've thoroughly enjoyed delivering this Big Grin

At this point, I'd also like to extend my huge gratitude for the material that cbma06 has supplied to NEB over the last several months, which significantly expanded our offering to enthusiasts. It's been my complete and utter pleasure to being able to work with you to deliver this. May I also express how great it's been to work alongside Liam and Daniel in the day-to-day running of the site. An absolutely tremendous amount of hard work has been put in by them to make this site what it is today, and that's not to mention the hours they each put in to bring the Fleet Lists from conception to fruition. Exceptional people.

The future looks bright for the Bygone Era. With the recent expression of interest from dextrovert to digitise his own PTE collection, the section can look forward to hosting some all brand new material which I'm sure will interest enthusiasts across all ages. With regards to the site in general; all I feel for NEB now is respect. The site has been through many ups and downs and one controversy after the next. From sunshine days to the threats of closing down. But that's what sets NEB apart from the rest. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have had it any other way Tongue I feel absolutely privileged to have been a part of this community and I wish it every success for many years to come.

There's some really amazing members here, and brilliant budding photographers in the making. Some members are here today from pre-NEB back when Go North East had a discussion group on their Facebook page, where some lively discussion and debate could always be found. I don't feel Adam gets enough credit for his Adam's Transport Drawn on Paint Facebook page; fabulous drawings on there. And Michael; I think you're one of the most enthusiastic members on here! You really helped NEB in the early days by keeping threads going, and you're still an amazing asset today. I hope you're here to stay Smile

I wish everyone the very best.

Peace.

Brandon
NEB Admin Team
24 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm #24

This is Brandon here with the latest update. Several changes have occurred to The Bygone Era in the last week. The section now moves to its own dedicated area on the Forum home page which improves access.

Recent additions to the Northern thread include timetables for the following routes:

179 Washington – Chester-le-Street (September 1976)
771,772 Consett – Newcastle (September 1976)
705,706,717 Stanley / Quaking Houses – Newcastle (March 1978)
701,702,703,704 Newcastle – Stanley – Chester-le-Street (May 1978)
151,152,192,194,194 Sunderland / Newcastle – Murton / Thornley / Easington Lane (July 1978)
X16 Washington – Durham (April 1976)

We've also launched a dedicated thread for the Tyne and Wear Metro system together with British Rail services. A fantastic addition thanks to AdamY has been a complete 1982/1983 guide to services in the West Northumberland area. This can be found in the Northumberland County Council thread.

I’m taking this opportunity to announce my departure from North East Buses. This existing account of mine has now been re-branded as a "NEB Admin Team" account so all existing posts in the Bygone Era won't need to be re-posted. Tonight I'm relinquishing my access to this account, but Liam and Daniel will both have joint access.

I've been with NEB from nearly the beginning and it's been one hell of a great journey; but one that is now time for me to end. It's for personal reasons why I'm leaving, but it's been approaching for quite some time now. I thank the one and only gtomlinson for credit to this whole sections conception. Nearly a year ago, he asked if anyone had a copy of a timetable for service X72 which once operated from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle. From that point onwards, I've been committed to developing an extensive library of Bygone timetables and bus material from years gone by. Had it not been for you, this would never have existed. So I thank you, and I've thoroughly enjoyed delivering this Big Grin

At this point, I'd also like to extend my huge gratitude for the material that cbma06 has supplied to NEB over the last several months, which significantly expanded our offering to enthusiasts. It's been my complete and utter pleasure to being able to work with you to deliver this. May I also express how great it's been to work alongside Liam and Daniel in the day-to-day running of the site. An absolutely tremendous amount of hard work has been put in by them to make this site what it is today, and that's not to mention the hours they each put in to bring the Fleet Lists from conception to fruition. Exceptional people.

The future looks bright for the Bygone Era. With the recent expression of interest from dextrovert to digitise his own PTE collection, the section can look forward to hosting some all brand new material which I'm sure will interest enthusiasts across all ages. With regards to the site in general; all I feel for NEB now is respect. The site has been through many ups and downs and one controversy after the next. From sunshine days to the threats of closing down. But that's what sets NEB apart from the rest. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have had it any other way Tongue I feel absolutely privileged to have been a part of this community and I wish it every success for many years to come.

There's some really amazing members here, and brilliant budding photographers in the making. Some members are here today from pre-NEB back when Go North East had a discussion group on their Facebook page, where some lively discussion and debate could always be found. I don't feel Adam gets enough credit for his Adam's Transport Drawn on Paint Facebook page; fabulous drawings on there. And Michael; I think you're one of the most enthusiastic members on here! You really helped NEB in the early days by keeping threads going, and you're still an amazing asset today. I hope you're here to stay Smile

I wish everyone the very best.

Peace.

Brandon

Adam

24 Aug 2013, 11:19 pm #25
Thank you very much for everything Brandon.

Good luck in all you do in the future Smile
Adam
24 Aug 2013, 11:19 pm #25

Thank you very much for everything Brandon.

Good luck in all you do in the future Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Aug 2013, 7:11 am #26
As I said by text yesterday evening (when it would have been too much effort to reply to this thread Wink)- quite the emotional farewell, Brandon!

Your dedication to the Bygone Era is - and has been since it was first founded - outstanding. I have never met someone in my life that is so exceptionally dedicated to one particular thing of interest, and I'm sure most of North East Buses' members could say the same thing. It is because of just that why the Bygone Era has a staggeringly high amount of content which has already been uploaded, with thousands of more documents to come still. If I look at just one thread in the Bygone Era, I can find something which interests me - that is just marvellous.

I often look at you as "the admin of the past" as you are so dedicated to growing the Bygone Era. I look at Liam as "the admin of the future" because he is dedicated to producing the various features we all come up with to give me ("the admin of the present") a job - monitoring/contributing towards all of the features we have about events today. Quite the grand trio, if I do say so myself! Wink

I am still dedicated to my wish of wanting to host timetables from "the big three" from when they start, until they end - following them through every service change, timetable format change and (hopefully) vehicle upgrade throughout the process. This will help in discussion and debate on the "Local Bus Scene" sub-forums, in various topics of conversation which often has a mention of the past. In your absence, I hope to make a start on this. It will obviously be a side project, working alongside my main projects (the maintenance of fleet news/fleet lists). I really do hope to keep in touch with you via text so that we can occasionally discuss the Bygone Era, and we'll hopefully be able to upload some content from before this millennium in addition to the above that I have proposed! I guess I can merge one or two of the aforementioned administrative roles, eh? :p

The Bygone Era's future is bright, and indeed this is the case for North East Buses in general too. With several "fresh faces" on the site's moderation panel, we hope that the every day running of the forum will not be affected massively in your absence (of course you are irreplaceable, so it will be affected a little! Wink). With every new moderator or administrator to the team has come an abundance of new ideas and things to improve the current site, and I'm sure we'll be acting on those from aureolin and tyresmoke soon. I am delighted to be a part of this community - we are extraordinarily different compared to the rest. We have 223 registered members on this forum, and in any other community, there would be major personality clashes and frequent arguments would occur. That just doesn't happen here on North East Buses; we have a friendly atmosphere with the occasional disagreement and debate, and this should be expected of all communities really. I really wouldn't have it any other way, and I feel privileged to be a part of the community (nevermind administration team) too.
Today will (I best say hope instead - we all know what I'm like :p) mark the commencement of our Fleet News section. Another milestone will be crossed, and hopefully this will encourage more people to join our community and add another personality to the mix. A nav-bar link will be provided later in the day when the first report has been completed. The archive is not yet complete, but hopefully won't be too long after the first report has been completed that it will be done. We're going for a unique approach to all of these new features, delivering a completely new user experience. Anyone ready for one of my beasty update threads later today, requesting feedback? You all know one of those is inevitable! Big Grin

Each and every person registered on this site is unique in their own way too. From the site's moderation/administration team to the members itself, it is a pleasure to be in a community with you all. To me, it is like a massive family. As cheesy as it sounds, it really is. Okay, maybe we're a "different" sort of family - I highly doubt most families have active debates about Fencehouses, shareholders and Quality Contracts, ey?! Jokes aside - everyone is so enthusiastic and every single person contributes (no matter how irregularly). I really do love NEB, and I see no dark clouds for the future - it can only get better from here.

Brandon, with regards to your departure: I really do hope it is only temporary, as much as I think it will be. Whether registered as "Brandon", "Fred", "Joe" or "Gertroot", as long as we have you back in one form or another, we'll all be happy. In the mean time, I wish you all the best in everything you do in the future - and best of luck to you with regards to having to get the Metro to work from next month as opposed to the 17 Wink
Dan
25 Aug 2013, 7:11 am #26

As I said by text yesterday evening (when it would have been too much effort to reply to this thread Wink)- quite the emotional farewell, Brandon!

Your dedication to the Bygone Era is - and has been since it was first founded - outstanding. I have never met someone in my life that is so exceptionally dedicated to one particular thing of interest, and I'm sure most of North East Buses' members could say the same thing. It is because of just that why the Bygone Era has a staggeringly high amount of content which has already been uploaded, with thousands of more documents to come still. If I look at just one thread in the Bygone Era, I can find something which interests me - that is just marvellous.

I often look at you as "the admin of the past" as you are so dedicated to growing the Bygone Era. I look at Liam as "the admin of the future" because he is dedicated to producing the various features we all come up with to give me ("the admin of the present") a job - monitoring/contributing towards all of the features we have about events today. Quite the grand trio, if I do say so myself! Wink

I am still dedicated to my wish of wanting to host timetables from "the big three" from when they start, until they end - following them through every service change, timetable format change and (hopefully) vehicle upgrade throughout the process. This will help in discussion and debate on the "Local Bus Scene" sub-forums, in various topics of conversation which often has a mention of the past. In your absence, I hope to make a start on this. It will obviously be a side project, working alongside my main projects (the maintenance of fleet news/fleet lists). I really do hope to keep in touch with you via text so that we can occasionally discuss the Bygone Era, and we'll hopefully be able to upload some content from before this millennium in addition to the above that I have proposed! I guess I can merge one or two of the aforementioned administrative roles, eh? :p

The Bygone Era's future is bright, and indeed this is the case for North East Buses in general too. With several "fresh faces" on the site's moderation panel, we hope that the every day running of the forum will not be affected massively in your absence (of course you are irreplaceable, so it will be affected a little! Wink). With every new moderator or administrator to the team has come an abundance of new ideas and things to improve the current site, and I'm sure we'll be acting on those from aureolin and tyresmoke soon. I am delighted to be a part of this community - we are extraordinarily different compared to the rest. We have 223 registered members on this forum, and in any other community, there would be major personality clashes and frequent arguments would occur. That just doesn't happen here on North East Buses; we have a friendly atmosphere with the occasional disagreement and debate, and this should be expected of all communities really. I really wouldn't have it any other way, and I feel privileged to be a part of the community (nevermind administration team) too.
Today will (I best say hope instead - we all know what I'm like :p) mark the commencement of our Fleet News section. Another milestone will be crossed, and hopefully this will encourage more people to join our community and add another personality to the mix. A nav-bar link will be provided later in the day when the first report has been completed. The archive is not yet complete, but hopefully won't be too long after the first report has been completed that it will be done. We're going for a unique approach to all of these new features, delivering a completely new user experience. Anyone ready for one of my beasty update threads later today, requesting feedback? You all know one of those is inevitable! Big Grin

Each and every person registered on this site is unique in their own way too. From the site's moderation/administration team to the members itself, it is a pleasure to be in a community with you all. To me, it is like a massive family. As cheesy as it sounds, it really is. Okay, maybe we're a "different" sort of family - I highly doubt most families have active debates about Fencehouses, shareholders and Quality Contracts, ey?! Jokes aside - everyone is so enthusiastic and every single person contributes (no matter how irregularly). I really do love NEB, and I see no dark clouds for the future - it can only get better from here.

Brandon, with regards to your departure: I really do hope it is only temporary, as much as I think it will be. Whether registered as "Brandon", "Fred", "Joe" or "Gertroot", as long as we have you back in one form or another, we'll all be happy. In the mean time, I wish you all the best in everything you do in the future - and best of luck to you with regards to having to get the Metro to work from next month as opposed to the 17 Wink

Tom

25 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm #27
I've just seen your post and one thing, I was gutted. You've been a fantastic member of the forum (and I am sure you will continue to after you recover after whatever happened). I've always enjoyed your contribution to the Bygrone Era, especially looking at old routes from North Tyneside and seeing how much they've changed! Your contributions to other
parts of the forum has been great too!

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the future, and I hope you will be back soon!
Tom
25 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm #27

I've just seen your post and one thing, I was gutted. You've been a fantastic member of the forum (and I am sure you will continue to after you recover after whatever happened). I've always enjoyed your contribution to the Bygrone Era, especially looking at old routes from North Tyneside and seeing how much they've changed! Your contributions to other
parts of the forum has been great too!

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the future, and I hope you will be back soon!

gtom

Banned

27 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm #28
(24 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm)NEB Admin Team I thank the one and only gtomlinson for credit to this whole sections conception.

Well I'd like to thank my dog, the wasps nest that was in my loft last week and Mr Jack Daniels for giving me the idea and conception. In many ways I feel I am the most important member of this entire forum and that it would collapse without me. I consider myself the gel that binds the comb-over, the 4th wheel of a Robin Reliant and the 9th side of a Hexagon.

(-: (-;

On a serious note, farewell Brandon and thank you for creating a rather unique archive of material that will serve many people in the future.

Hope to see you back

GT (De Facto Administrator - NEB Buses)
(CEO NEB Buses)
(Head of Alcohol Consumption NEB Forum)
gtom
27 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm #28

(24 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm)NEB Admin Team I thank the one and only gtomlinson for credit to this whole sections conception.

Well I'd like to thank my dog, the wasps nest that was in my loft last week and Mr Jack Daniels for giving me the idea and conception. In many ways I feel I am the most important member of this entire forum and that it would collapse without me. I consider myself the gel that binds the comb-over, the 4th wheel of a Robin Reliant and the 9th side of a Hexagon.

(-: (-;

On a serious note, farewell Brandon and thank you for creating a rather unique archive of material that will serve many people in the future.

Hope to see you back

GT (De Facto Administrator - NEB Buses)
(CEO NEB Buses)
(Head of Alcohol Consumption NEB Forum)

Malarkey

01 Sep 2013, 1:43 pm #29
Don't whether you's would be interested but there is a person on eBay selling various timetables from the 70's/80's and 90's in the North East

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jamieb3137/m.h...1325764498&pt=UK_Collectables_Bus_CoachCollectables_SM&hash=item3a842ed392&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Malarkey
01 Sep 2013, 1:43 pm #29

Don't whether you's would be interested but there is a person on eBay selling various timetables from the 70's/80's and 90's in the North East

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jamieb3137/m.h...1325764498&pt=UK_Collectables_Bus_CoachCollectables_SM&hash=item3a842ed392&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

gtom

Banned

01 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm #30
Purely from an arty point of view I love that Metrocentre Super Shuttle one
gtom
01 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm #30

Purely from an arty point of view I love that Metrocentre Super Shuttle one

Malarkey

01 Sep 2013, 3:24 pm #31
(01 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm)gtomlinson Purely from an arty point of view I love that Metrocentre Super Shuttle one

It is quite eye catching, I quite like the Busways ones
Malarkey
01 Sep 2013, 3:24 pm #31

(01 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm)gtomlinson Purely from an arty point of view I love that Metrocentre Super Shuttle one

It is quite eye catching, I quite like the Busways ones

Andreos1

01 Sep 2013, 5:26 pm #32
It was the naked woman on the network maps which got my attention! Smile
Andreos1
01 Sep 2013, 5:26 pm #32

It was the naked woman on the network maps which got my attention! Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm #33
Update: 08/09/13

FTAO: Brandon - Sorry in advance if I've completely destroyed your section! I'm sure you'll fix it if/when you come back! :p

In the Tyne and Wear Passenger Transport Executive thread, we welcome three complete guides to bus, rail and ferry timetables from 1974 and 1979.
There are two examples from 1974. This is because, up until 1978/9, timetables were geographically separated into the locales of Newcastle/Gateshead; North Tyneside; South Tyneside; and Sunderland. Dextrovert has kindly supplied the Newcastle/Gateshead guide (which has been posted here and here, and AdamY has also kindly supplied the South Tyneside guide to complement it.
From 1978/9 - until 1986 - all timetables were combined into a huge 600+ paged booklet. The 1979 guide that Dextrovert has also supplied has also been uploaded, and this can be found here.

These files are all pretty big, so will take some time to load. AdamY has scanned his South Tyneside guide, but Dextrovert has taken photographs of each and every page and combined them into a .pdf document for us - so they will both look slightly different in terms of quality.

As we all know, Brandon is taking some time away from North East Buses. In his absence, I hope to work alongside all members who contribute files on a regular basis and upload/update files as they ask. I think most of us will know that I concentrate more on present day events (which is why I manage the fleet lists/fleet news sections of the site), so I'm perhaps not best suited to this area... If anyone feels that the above update should have been done in a different way and I'm destroying everything... please tell me! :p

Thanks all.
Dan
08 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm #33

Update: 08/09/13

FTAO: Brandon - Sorry in advance if I've completely destroyed your section! I'm sure you'll fix it if/when you come back! :p

In the Tyne and Wear Passenger Transport Executive thread, we welcome three complete guides to bus, rail and ferry timetables from 1974 and 1979.
There are two examples from 1974. This is because, up until 1978/9, timetables were geographically separated into the locales of Newcastle/Gateshead; North Tyneside; South Tyneside; and Sunderland. Dextrovert has kindly supplied the Newcastle/Gateshead guide (which has been posted here and here, and AdamY has also kindly supplied the South Tyneside guide to complement it.
From 1978/9 - until 1986 - all timetables were combined into a huge 600+ paged booklet. The 1979 guide that Dextrovert has also supplied has also been uploaded, and this can be found here.

These files are all pretty big, so will take some time to load. AdamY has scanned his South Tyneside guide, but Dextrovert has taken photographs of each and every page and combined them into a .pdf document for us - so they will both look slightly different in terms of quality.

As we all know, Brandon is taking some time away from North East Buses. In his absence, I hope to work alongside all members who contribute files on a regular basis and upload/update files as they ask. I think most of us will know that I concentrate more on present day events (which is why I manage the fleet lists/fleet news sections of the site), so I'm perhaps not best suited to this area... If anyone feels that the above update should have been done in a different way and I'm destroying everything... please tell me! :p

Thanks all.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

27 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm #34
Update: 27/10/13

A huge thank you to Liam and Dan for taking cover for me in my absence; I'm very grateful! Big Grin

In light of some of the proposed changes in the Sunderland and South Tyneside areas, I've uploaded these four timetables to the Go North East thread -
  • ShowStopper 26,26A Sunderland - Castletown - Boldon - Jarrow / Heworth (July 2011)
  • SimpliCity 36 Sunderland - Town End Farm (December 2011)
  • ShowStopper 99 Sunderland - Hylton Castle - Seaburn (August 2011)
  • Red Arrow X3 Sunderland - Boldon - Newcastle (August 2011)
This is in addition to -
  • 21 Throckley - Newcastle - Byker - Wallsend (November 2002)
  • 51,52 Gateshead - Heworth - Wrekenton - Gateshead - Newcastle (January 2008)
  • 64,65 Gateshead - Dunston (January 2006)
  • 137 Sunderland - Hollycarrside - Ryhope Hospitals (January 2006)
  • X10 Middlesbrough - Newcastle (May 2006)
  • Pronto X20,X21 Bishop Auckland - Durham - Sunderland / Newcastle (October 2011)
  • X22 Ferryhill - Durham - Newton Hall - Chester-le-Street - Newcastle (April 2006)
  • Coach X23 Bishop Auckland - Durham - Carrville - Gateshead - Newcastle (February 2010)

We also welcome a brand new thread for Stanley Buses, with the following services included -
  • MC1 Lanchester - Burnhope - Quaking Houses - South Moor - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Burnhopfield - Whickham - MetroCentre - Newcastle (February 2006)
  • MC2 Stanley - Shield Row - MetroCentre (July 2006)
  • 50 Throckley - General Hospital - Newcastle Central Station (July 2005)
  • 870 Consett - Hexham (July 2003)
NEB Admin Team
27 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm #34

Update: 27/10/13

A huge thank you to Liam and Dan for taking cover for me in my absence; I'm very grateful! Big Grin

In light of some of the proposed changes in the Sunderland and South Tyneside areas, I've uploaded these four timetables to the Go North East thread -
  • ShowStopper 26,26A Sunderland - Castletown - Boldon - Jarrow / Heworth (July 2011)
This is in addition to -
  • Pronto X20,X21 Bishop Auckland - Durham - Sunderland / Newcastle (October 2011)
  • X22 Ferryhill - Durham - Newton Hall - Chester-le-Street - Newcastle (April 2006)
  • Coach X23 Bishop Auckland - Durham - Carrville - Gateshead - Newcastle (February 2010)

We also welcome a brand new thread for Stanley Buses, with the following services included -
  • MC1 Lanchester - Burnhope - Quaking Houses - South Moor - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Burnhopfield - Whickham - MetroCentre - Newcastle (February 2006)

Michael

27 Oct 2013, 6:17 pm #35
(27 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm)Brandon Update: 27/10/13

This is in addition to -

Welcome back =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Oct 2013, 6:17 pm #35

(27 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm)Brandon Update: 27/10/13

This is in addition to -

Welcome back =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

27 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm #36
Cheers Michael! It's good to be back Smile
NEB Admin Team
27 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm #36

Cheers Michael! It's good to be back Smile

31 Oct 2013, 1:43 am #37
Hi there, just an update, I'm still working on the May '84 and March '86 PTE timetables, just taking longer than I thought it would for the 1140 pages in total. Hope to get them finished within the week. Stay tuned.
Dextrovert
31 Oct 2013, 1:43 am #37

Hi there, just an update, I'm still working on the May '84 and March '86 PTE timetables, just taking longer than I thought it would for the 1140 pages in total. Hope to get them finished within the week. Stay tuned.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm #38
Update: 26/11/13

Just a small update... A new thread has been added to the Bus Operators section: Munro's of Jedburgh. This is a dedicated thread for old timetables and discussion on the former operations of Munro's, where timetables have already been uploaded for the services how they operated when Munro's sadly ceased trading earlier this year. If you have any further content you'd like to add to this section, please PM me. Smile

We're still looking at completely re-vamping the Bygone Era section where all content that has been uploaded to our server can immediately be added to the site and be ready for download. With Brandon departing the site again, I'm rather unsure indeed of where he finished off and where I ought to start - this will aid me in this continued venture, and be of greater convenience to us all in future when new content is sent to us to be uploaded. We anticipate that this update will be released at some point over the Christmas holidays, though could easily be delayed to be launched for the New Year depending on how often Liam and I have a night to devote to NEB.

I'll keep you posted as and when updates are ready for release.

Dan
Dan
26 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm #38

Update: 26/11/13

Just a small update... A new thread has been added to the Bus Operators section: Munro's of Jedburgh. This is a dedicated thread for old timetables and discussion on the former operations of Munro's, where timetables have already been uploaded for the services how they operated when Munro's sadly ceased trading earlier this year. If you have any further content you'd like to add to this section, please PM me. Smile

We're still looking at completely re-vamping the Bygone Era section where all content that has been uploaded to our server can immediately be added to the site and be ready for download. With Brandon departing the site again, I'm rather unsure indeed of where he finished off and where I ought to start - this will aid me in this continued venture, and be of greater convenience to us all in future when new content is sent to us to be uploaded. We anticipate that this update will be released at some point over the Christmas holidays, though could easily be delayed to be launched for the New Year depending on how often Liam and I have a night to devote to NEB.

I'll keep you posted as and when updates are ready for release.

Dan

Tom

26 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm #39
I've found a few old (well, 2010/11) timetables when searching around for something. Sadly, I don't have a working scanner, so is there any other way I can send 'em?
Tom
26 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm #39

I've found a few old (well, 2010/11) timetables when searching around for something. Sadly, I don't have a working scanner, so is there any other way I can send 'em?

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm #40
(26 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm)Tom I've found a few old (well, 2010/11) timetables when searching around for something. Sadly, I don't have a working scanner, so is there any other way I can send 'em?

Dextrovert sent us clear photographs of the files he has contributed towards the Bygone Era and cropped them down a little too so that it's just the timetable/page that is shown.
dan@northeastbuses.co.uk is the place you need to send 'em to after that - mark it with Bygone Era so I can find them when I eventually get round to sorting it out though. :p
Dan
26 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm #40

(26 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm)Tom I've found a few old (well, 2010/11) timetables when searching around for something. Sadly, I don't have a working scanner, so is there any other way I can send 'em?

Dextrovert sent us clear photographs of the files he has contributed towards the Bygone Era and cropped them down a little too so that it's just the timetable/page that is shown.
dan@northeastbuses.co.uk is the place you need to send 'em to after that - mark it with Bygone Era so I can find them when I eventually get round to sorting it out though. :p

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average