North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Tees Flex

Tees Flex

Tees Flex

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5
Unber43

05 Mar 2023, 9:18 am #81
But bus routes can't work everywhere.

You can't just say throw a bus route here every 2 hours it costs money, whereas Tees Flex offers the flexibility for people travelling at all times and don't have to wait 90 mins for another bus.
Unber43
05 Mar 2023, 9:18 am #81

But bus routes can't work everywhere.

You can't just say throw a bus route here every 2 hours it costs money, whereas Tees Flex offers the flexibility for people travelling at all times and don't have to wait 90 mins for another bus.

Storx

05 Mar 2023, 9:55 am #82
(05 Mar 2023, 9:18 am)Unber43 But bus routes can't work everywhere.

This.

I still think they market DRT's wrong. They should advertised as a cheaper taxi rather than a bus. It's pretty much what they are and try to tap into the taxi market which is a shambles lately taking hours etc doing the pensioners who get the bus from Sainsburys to their house etc.

Right now they're in an awkward middle where taxi passengers won't use them as they're a bus and I don't like buses and bus users don't use them as I have to book one and that's not a bus.
Storx
05 Mar 2023, 9:55 am #82

This.

I still think they market DRT's wrong. They should advertised as a cheaper taxi rather than a bus. It's pretty much what they are and try to tap into the taxi market which is a shambles lately taking hours etc doing the pensioners who get the bus from Sainsburys to their house etc.

Right now they're in an awkward middle where taxi passengers won't use them as they're a bus and I don't like buses and bus users don't use them as I have to book one and that's not a bus.

Andreos1

05 Mar 2023, 11:44 am #83
(05 Mar 2023, 9:55 am)Storx This.

I was getting on a Teesflex fairly recently and overheard a group of 3 college age/part time job aged kids talking about it. 
I won't quote them exactly, but they kept seeing the buses - but had no idea how it worked.

I'd argue that those three are probably part of the target audience and not enough is being done to promote the service beyond PR pieces in the local paper (not something these kids are likely to read) and the stand out blue livery.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Mar 2023, 11:44 am #83

(05 Mar 2023, 9:55 am)Storx This.

I was getting on a Teesflex fairly recently and overheard a group of 3 college age/part time job aged kids talking about it. 
I won't quote them exactly, but they kept seeing the buses - but had no idea how it worked.

I'd argue that those three are probably part of the target audience and not enough is being done to promote the service beyond PR pieces in the local paper (not something these kids are likely to read) and the stand out blue livery.

Unber43

05 Mar 2023, 5:21 pm #84
(05 Mar 2023, 11:44 am)Andreos1 I was getting on a Teesflex fairly recently and overheard a group of 3 college age/part time job aged kids talking about it. 

maybe...just maybe branding can work
Unber43
05 Mar 2023, 5:21 pm #84

(05 Mar 2023, 11:44 am)Andreos1 I was getting on a Teesflex fairly recently and overheard a group of 3 college age/part time job aged kids talking about it. 

maybe...just maybe branding can work

col87

05 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm #85

Excellent then I will be one for midnight if it all times then.   Seriously it clearly is not working the way Teesflex works is you try book for a certain time and you might get lucky with one near by.  A proper bus service you know the bus will be there and can plan round that.
col87
05 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm #85

Excellent then I will be one for midnight if it all times then.   Seriously it clearly is not working the way Teesflex works is you try book for a certain time and you might get lucky with one near by.  A proper bus service you know the bus will be there and can plan round that.

Unber43

05 Mar 2023, 7:19 pm #86
(05 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm)col87 Excellent then I will be one for midnight if it all times then.   Seriously it clearly is not working the way Teesflex works is you try book for a certain time and you might get lucky with one near by.  A proper bus service you know the bus will be there and can plan round that.
I agree, there are pro and cons to both.

Maybe there should be a service a mid-night especially Friday & Saturday.
Unber43
05 Mar 2023, 7:19 pm #86

(05 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm)col87 Excellent then I will be one for midnight if it all times then.   Seriously it clearly is not working the way Teesflex works is you try book for a certain time and you might get lucky with one near by.  A proper bus service you know the bus will be there and can plan round that.
I agree, there are pro and cons to both.

Maybe there should be a service a mid-night especially Friday & Saturday.

Andreos1

06 Mar 2023, 12:15 am #87
(05 Mar 2023, 5:21 pm)Unber43 maybe...just maybe branding can work

Doubt it. 
If it did, they'd have done more than recognise it. 
It would have drawn them to use the service

Andreos1
06 Mar 2023, 12:15 am #87

(05 Mar 2023, 5:21 pm)Unber43 maybe...just maybe branding can work

Doubt it. 
If it did, they'd have done more than recognise it. 
It would have drawn them to use the service

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average