Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East - Future Order Predictions

Go North East - Future Order Predictions

Go North East - Future Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15): Previous 1 2 3 415 Next
mb134

16 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm #41
(16 Aug 2020, 2:59 pm)Malarkey I know it's a shame that they are looking to get rid as they are cracking buses, I think when some do leave they'll end up with East Yorkshire as they have 04/54reg B7RLE's and some awful sounding 56reg E300's that should be disposed of.
I wonder if even that would be worth it. Citaros, as pointed out already, are expensive to run and maintain - I'd imagine even ageing B7RLEs and E300s would be both cheaper on the fuel and parts. 

I believe EYMS have a number of younger B7RLEs, so there's also the advantage there of fleet standardisation. I think they also have a number of B7TLs, and I'd think that they would share at least some parts?
mb134
16 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm #41

(16 Aug 2020, 2:59 pm)Malarkey I know it's a shame that they are looking to get rid as they are cracking buses, I think when some do leave they'll end up with East Yorkshire as they have 04/54reg B7RLE's and some awful sounding 56reg E300's that should be disposed of.
I wonder if even that would be worth it. Citaros, as pointed out already, are expensive to run and maintain - I'd imagine even ageing B7RLEs and E300s would be both cheaper on the fuel and parts. 

I believe EYMS have a number of younger B7RLEs, so there's also the advantage there of fleet standardisation. I think they also have a number of B7TLs, and I'd think that they would share at least some parts?

L469 YVK

06 Apr 2021, 10:38 pm #42
Just sprung into my head.

Extremely unlikely to be anything in 2021/22 financial year but correct me if wrong.

Year after depending on recovery, an outside chance of decker order for Angel (would most likely be like for like StreetDecks) or Tyne Valley Ten. Latter again, I think B9TLs will be kept and refurbished given their heavyweight status unless there's demand elsewhere in GAG for B9TLs to be cascaded.

Any orders when time allows would IMO, most likely be single decks and possibly electric vehicles (58 etc).
L469 YVK
06 Apr 2021, 10:38 pm #42

Just sprung into my head.

Extremely unlikely to be anything in 2021/22 financial year but correct me if wrong.

Year after depending on recovery, an outside chance of decker order for Angel (would most likely be like for like StreetDecks) or Tyne Valley Ten. Latter again, I think B9TLs will be kept and refurbished given their heavyweight status unless there's demand elsewhere in GAG for B9TLs to be cascaded.

Any orders when time allows would IMO, most likely be single decks and possibly electric vehicles (58 etc).

V514DFT

06 Apr 2021, 10:47 pm #43
I predict more second hand stuff for little coaster, thats assuming little coaster is still around by then

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Apr 2021, 10:47 pm #43

I predict more second hand stuff for little coaster, thats assuming little coaster is still around by then

Kind Regards
Tez

07 Apr 2021, 7:48 am #44
Tbh I wouldn't mind if little coaster was upgraded to full size single decker buses. The solos lately are proving to be unfit
MichealAaron
07 Apr 2021, 7:48 am #44

Tbh I wouldn't mind if little coaster was upgraded to full size single decker buses. The solos lately are proving to be unfit

mb134

07 Apr 2021, 2:50 pm #45
(07 Apr 2021, 7:48 am)MichealAaron Tbh I wouldn't mind if little coaster was upgraded to full size single decker buses. The solos lately are proving to be unfit

How, exactly, are they proving to be unfit?
mb134
07 Apr 2021, 2:50 pm #45

(07 Apr 2021, 7:48 am)MichealAaron Tbh I wouldn't mind if little coaster was upgraded to full size single decker buses. The solos lately are proving to be unfit

How, exactly, are they proving to be unfit?

07 Apr 2021, 3:12 pm #46
2 decekrs and 1 OmniCity was on the 41 today. On Saturday every little coaster route had a rare working.
MichealAaron
07 Apr 2021, 3:12 pm #46

2 decekrs and 1 OmniCity was on the 41 today. On Saturday every little coaster route had a rare working.

mb134

07 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm #47
(07 Apr 2021, 3:12 pm)MichealAaron 2 decekrs and 1 OmniCity was on the 41 today. On Saturday every little coaster route had a rare working.

Would some of these workings not be to help with social distancing? 

Even if the Solos are struggling mechanically, it's far more likely that they'll be replaced with more minibuses rather than full size singles.
mb134
07 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm #47

(07 Apr 2021, 3:12 pm)MichealAaron 2 decekrs and 1 OmniCity was on the 41 today. On Saturday every little coaster route had a rare working.

Would some of these workings not be to help with social distancing? 

Even if the Solos are struggling mechanically, it's far more likely that they'll be replaced with more minibuses rather than full size singles.

Malarkey

07 Apr 2021, 4:58 pm #48
16 Alexander Dennis Enviro 400XLB - Angel 21 

My thought process for this would be for the 21 to remain at Every 10 Minutes and with Retail etc reopening next week then their is going to be more passengers getting on the across the route and pre-covid you would often see 2 buses together due how unpredictable loading can be on this particular service at certain times of the day, therefore the extra capacity these vehicles provide would be beneficial in the long term.

The 16 Streetdecks currently allocated to the "Angel 21" would then move to Riverside for the Tyne Valley Ten with the Volvo B9's moving into a spare role to replace some of the Scania N94UD Omnidekka's which would then be withdrawn from service and sold.

14 - Alexander Dennis Enviro 400ER - Citylink 57/58

Would replace the temporary allocation of "Toon Link" Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2's on the 58 to move into a spare role again replacing more Scania N94UD's and for the Mercedes Citaro 0530N's on the 57 to be withdrawn from service.

20 - Yutong E12's - 33N/X66 & Quaylink Q1/Q2

Wright Streetlite DF's would then move to Deptford to replace 3 Mercedes Citaro 0530N's, Optare Versa's move into a spare role allowing for withdrawal 09 Plate Versa's.
Malarkey
07 Apr 2021, 4:58 pm #48

16 Alexander Dennis Enviro 400XLB - Angel 21 

My thought process for this would be for the 21 to remain at Every 10 Minutes and with Retail etc reopening next week then their is going to be more passengers getting on the across the route and pre-covid you would often see 2 buses together due how unpredictable loading can be on this particular service at certain times of the day, therefore the extra capacity these vehicles provide would be beneficial in the long term.

The 16 Streetdecks currently allocated to the "Angel 21" would then move to Riverside for the Tyne Valley Ten with the Volvo B9's moving into a spare role to replace some of the Scania N94UD Omnidekka's which would then be withdrawn from service and sold.

Would replace the temporary allocation of "Toon Link" Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2's on the 58 to move into a spare role again replacing more Scania N94UD's and for the Mercedes Citaro 0530N's on the 57 to be withdrawn from service.

Wright Streetlite DF's would then move to Deptford to replace 3 Mercedes Citaro 0530N's, Optare Versa's move into a spare role allowing for withdrawal 09 Plate Versa's.

07 Apr 2021, 5:25 pm #49
(07 Apr 2021, 4:58 pm)Malarkey 16 Alexander Dennis Enviro 400XLB - Angel 21 

If they got XLBs for the Angel would they still be able to serve Arnison? The roundabout is fairly tight IIRC
streetdeckfan
07 Apr 2021, 5:25 pm #49

If they got XLBs for the Angel would they still be able to serve Arnison? The roundabout is fairly tight IIRC

JP6004

07 Apr 2021, 6:00 pm #50

Very much doubt we will see such a high intake of new buses for the next few years. Think at the most we will probably see is the funding used to purchase another 9 electrics - possibly for 57 & X66 including spare.

Also isn't Hexham up for renewal this year? If so, then possibly 7 euro 6 solo with current allocation cascading to percy main
JP6004
07 Apr 2021, 6:00 pm #50

Very much doubt we will see such a high intake of new buses for the next few years. Think at the most we will probably see is the funding used to purchase another 9 electrics - possibly for 57 & X66 including spare.

Also isn't Hexham up for renewal this year? If so, then possibly 7 euro 6 solo with current allocation cascading to percy main

Adrian

07 Apr 2021, 6:07 pm #51

I cannot see anyone considering something the size of XLBs, until they know what the passenger numbers are likely to return to once social distancing etc is dropped. Lothian paid about £11.3m for 42, so around 270k per bus. 
The 21 is only really full out of Durham or Newcastle during peak times, but some of the largest employers in Durham City have most of their staff working from home for the foreseeable. 

There's also the issue of Eldon Square bus station. The X9/X10 don't serve it, presumably due to the size, and the XLBs are the same length. 

As I said in the other thread, I think Quaylink would be a good contender for the latest funding available, if they can do something with the cash-strapped Nexus. I really cannot see any great expense being poured into the X66 though. You'll recall that even when the Streetlites were ordered a good few years ago now, they still cut costs on them by down-speccing them on what was the standard at the time.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Apr 2021, 6:07 pm #51

I cannot see anyone considering something the size of XLBs, until they know what the passenger numbers are likely to return to once social distancing etc is dropped. Lothian paid about £11.3m for 42, so around 270k per bus. 
The 21 is only really full out of Durham or Newcastle during peak times, but some of the largest employers in Durham City have most of their staff working from home for the foreseeable. 

There's also the issue of Eldon Square bus station. The X9/X10 don't serve it, presumably due to the size, and the XLBs are the same length. 

As I said in the other thread, I think Quaylink would be a good contender for the latest funding available, if they can do something with the cash-strapped Nexus. I really cannot see any great expense being poured into the X66 though. You'll recall that even when the Streetlites were ordered a good few years ago now, they still cut costs on them by down-speccing them on what was the standard at the time.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

L469 YVK

07 Apr 2021, 6:54 pm #52
XLB's on the 21? First thing that screams when you see it is "gas guzzler". But, I do get your logic. Perhaps some long wheelbase standard E400MMCs would be enough.
L469 YVK
07 Apr 2021, 6:54 pm #52

XLB's on the 21? First thing that screams when you see it is "gas guzzler". But, I do get your logic. Perhaps some long wheelbase standard E400MMCs would be enough.

GNE6312

07 Apr 2021, 7:02 pm #53
(07 Apr 2021, 6:07 pm)Adrian I cannot see anyone considering something the size of XLBs, until they know what the passenger numbers are likely to return to once social distancing etc is dropped. Lothian paid about £11.3m for 42, so around 270k per bus. 

The XLBs are around 13.4M in length so are 1.6M off the length of the longer Wheelbase (15M) elites (which I'm fairly sure are the GNE ones are although correct me if I'm wrong) also I highly doubt an XLB would do the U-turn on CLS front street which the CLS shorts all do to get to the correct side of the road.
GNE6312
07 Apr 2021, 7:02 pm #53

(07 Apr 2021, 6:07 pm)Adrian I cannot see anyone considering something the size of XLBs, until they know what the passenger numbers are likely to return to once social distancing etc is dropped. Lothian paid about £11.3m for 42, so around 270k per bus. 

The XLBs are around 13.4M in length so are 1.6M off the length of the longer Wheelbase (15M) elites (which I'm fairly sure are the GNE ones are although correct me if I'm wrong) also I highly doubt an XLB would do the U-turn on CLS front street which the CLS shorts all do to get to the correct side of the road.

07 Apr 2021, 7:30 pm #54
(07 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm)mb134 Would some of these workings not be to help with social distancing? 

Replaced with what though if smaller buses. They can't possibly get more solos. Smaller E200MMC would be better
MichealAaron
07 Apr 2021, 7:30 pm #54

(07 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm)mb134 Would some of these workings not be to help with social distancing? 

Replaced with what though if smaller buses. They can't possibly get more solos. Smaller E200MMC would be better

Ambassador

07 Apr 2021, 9:54 pm #55
How did the 21s manage when they had the X66 bendy buses on trial? In terms of turning at Chester (I would guess the 21 was serving Pilgrim St still at this time)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
07 Apr 2021, 9:54 pm #55

How did the 21s manage when they had the X66 bendy buses on trial? In terms of turning at Chester (I would guess the 21 was serving Pilgrim St still at this time)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Storx

07 Apr 2021, 10:22 pm #56

I haven't done the maths but quickly off my head does the 21 need 16 buses if it's every 10 minutes? Remember it's every 7.5 minutes atm - not sure if that was a mistake.

Also unless something has changed the next batch of Yutongs are for the 58, there's even been images shown of them in orange. In normal times neither of them need deckers though.
Storx
07 Apr 2021, 10:22 pm #56

I haven't done the maths but quickly off my head does the 21 need 16 buses if it's every 10 minutes? Remember it's every 7.5 minutes atm - not sure if that was a mistake.

Also unless something has changed the next batch of Yutongs are for the 58, there's even been images shown of them in orange. In normal times neither of them need deckers though.

20 Apr 2021, 9:55 am #57
I doubt there will another order for buses for a few years yet. I did here that the xlines coaches were to be replaced 2022 but how true that it i don't know. Its probably quite likely actually, they ain't that relieable and there are far too many accidents. Someone nearly had the lamppost down at the depot the other week so maybe GNE have seen the light unlike the driver.
CookieMonster
20 Apr 2021, 9:55 am #57

I doubt there will another order for buses for a few years yet. I did here that the xlines coaches were to be replaced 2022 but how true that it i don't know. Its probably quite likely actually, they ain't that relieable and there are far too many accidents. Someone nearly had the lamppost down at the depot the other week so maybe GNE have seen the light unlike the driver.

20 Apr 2021, 10:32 am #58
Why would go North East get Coaches for the X9/X10 then get rid of them
Micheal Aaron Parker
20 Apr 2021, 10:32 am #58

Why would go North East get Coaches for the X9/X10 then get rid of them

20 Apr 2021, 10:32 am #59
(20 Apr 2021, 9:55 am)CookieMonster I doubt there will another order for buses for a few years yet. I did here that the xlines coaches were to be replaced 2022 but how true that it i don't know. Its probably quite likely actually, they ain't that relieable and there are far too many accidents. Someone nearly had the lamppost down at the depot the other week so maybe GNE have seen the light unlike the driver.

I doubt we'll see the coaches replaced any time soon tbh, as long as they're more reliable than the B5s then they'll stick around until they aren't.
streetdeckfan
20 Apr 2021, 10:32 am #59

(20 Apr 2021, 9:55 am)CookieMonster I doubt there will another order for buses for a few years yet. I did here that the xlines coaches were to be replaced 2022 but how true that it i don't know. Its probably quite likely actually, they ain't that relieable and there are far too many accidents. Someone nearly had the lamppost down at the depot the other week so maybe GNE have seen the light unlike the driver.

I doubt we'll see the coaches replaced any time soon tbh, as long as they're more reliable than the B5s then they'll stick around until they aren't.

L469 YVK

25 May 2021, 8:22 pm #60
My prediction for 2022/23

- New vehicles for the Angel & few extras for XLines (depending on network changes)
- StreetDecks cascaded to Percy Main for Cobalt & Coast
- Cobalt B9's partially repainted and allocated to TVT
- Current TVT B9s either cascaded within GNE or wider GAG
L469 YVK
25 May 2021, 8:22 pm #60

My prediction for 2022/23

- New vehicles for the Angel & few extras for XLines (depending on network changes)
- StreetDecks cascaded to Percy Main for Cobalt & Coast
- Cobalt B9's partially repainted and allocated to TVT
- Current TVT B9s either cascaded within GNE or wider GAG

Pages (15): Previous 1 2 3 415 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average