Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators East Midlands Bus Operations

East Midlands Bus Operations

East Midlands Bus Operations

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (12): 1 2 312 Next
Adam

18 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm #1
News, debate and discussion on East Midlands' Bus Operations.

As well as Go North East, Trent Barton are celebrating 100 years this year. They've recently unveiled a centenary livery that is certainly eye-catching with its gold base colour. (Photo from Matt Burley).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattburley0...hotostream
Adam
18 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm #1

News, debate and discussion on East Midlands' Bus Operations.

As well as Go North East, Trent Barton are celebrating 100 years this year. They've recently unveiled a centenary livery that is certainly eye-catching with its gold base colour. (Photo from Matt Burley).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattburley0...hotostream

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Jun 2013, 8:50 pm #2
PC Coaches have inherited Scania K230 demonstrator, YN62AAK.
Photos can be seen by clicking here and here.

Photo credit to Damon Powell (ACBest).
Dan
17 Jun 2013, 8:50 pm #2

PC Coaches have inherited Scania K230 demonstrator, YN62AAK.

17 Jun 2013, 9:07 pm #3
(17 Jun 2013, 8:50 pm)Daniel PC Coaches have inherited Scania K230 demonstrator, YN62AAK.

Cheers dude, appreciate that. Smile
ACBest
17 Jun 2013, 9:07 pm #3

(17 Jun 2013, 8:50 pm)Daniel PC Coaches have inherited Scania K230 demonstrator, YN62AAK.

Cheers dude, appreciate that. Smile

Andreos1

17 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm #4
I was passing through the area a week or so ago and they had what looked like a couple of decent looking Streetlites, which although were a few years old, were in cracking nick.

Never heard or noticed them (amongst the throng of Stagecoach stuff down there) before and saw two within minutes of each other.
Andreos1
17 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm #4

I was passing through the area a week or so ago and they had what looked like a couple of decent looking Streetlites, which although were a few years old, were in cracking nick.

Never heard or noticed them (amongst the throng of Stagecoach stuff down there) before and saw two within minutes of each other.

17 Jun 2013, 9:24 pm #5
(17 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm)Andreos1 I was passing through the area a week or so ago and they had what looked like a couple of decent looking Streetlites, which although were a few years old, were in cracking nick.

Yep, they have three - two in fleet livery (one longer than the other), and a white one used on a uni contract. All three are FX61 reg, and are looked after well!

They also have a large fleet of coaches and East Lancs bodied Scania's used on school contracts, and quite a number of Solo's too. Also, two brand new Enviro400H's - the first ever with a small independent.
Edited 17 Jun 2013, 9:27 pm by ACBest.
ACBest
17 Jun 2013, 9:24 pm #5

(17 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm)Andreos1 I was passing through the area a week or so ago and they had what looked like a couple of decent looking Streetlites, which although were a few years old, were in cracking nick.

Yep, they have three - two in fleet livery (one longer than the other), and a white one used on a uni contract. All three are FX61 reg, and are looked after well!

They also have a large fleet of coaches and East Lancs bodied Scania's used on school contracts, and quite a number of Solo's too. Also, two brand new Enviro400H's - the first ever with a small independent.

Andreos1

17 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm #6
Where abouts in Lincoln are they based?

The two I saw were both in fleet livery. May have seen the white one, but the green stood out.
Andreos1
17 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm #6

Where abouts in Lincoln are they based?

The two I saw were both in fleet livery. May have seen the white one, but the green stood out.

17 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm #7
(17 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm)Andreos1 Where abouts in Lincoln are they based?

They're based on the Crofton Industrial Estate, just off Allenby Road - there's two yards, one is head office, and the other is the bus yard, both are about a five minute walk from each other, and you can also see one from the other.
ACBest
17 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm #7

(17 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm)Andreos1 Where abouts in Lincoln are they based?

They're based on the Crofton Industrial Estate, just off Allenby Road - there's two yards, one is head office, and the other is the bus yard, both are about a five minute walk from each other, and you can also see one from the other.

Andreos1

17 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm #8
Ah, that's the wrong side of Lincoln. Generally just pass through, but thats a bit too far out of the way.
Andreos1
17 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm #8

Ah, that's the wrong side of Lincoln. Generally just pass through, but thats a bit too far out of the way.

17 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm #9
(17 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm)Andreos1 Ah, that's the wrong side of Lincoln. Generally just pass through, but thats a bit too far out of the way.

None of the depots in Lincoln for any company really are on the beaten track so to speak - Stagecoach are down the Great Northern Terrace industrial estate, and Brylaine will soon be down there too, a few doors down from Stagecoach. PC's are on the Crofton industrial estate, and the small company I work for, Black Cat Travel, are based in an industrial estate in South Hykeham.
ACBest
17 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm #9

(17 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm)Andreos1 Ah, that's the wrong side of Lincoln. Generally just pass through, but thats a bit too far out of the way.

None of the depots in Lincoln for any company really are on the beaten track so to speak - Stagecoach are down the Great Northern Terrace industrial estate, and Brylaine will soon be down there too, a few doors down from Stagecoach. PC's are on the Crofton industrial estate, and the small company I work for, Black Cat Travel, are based in an industrial estate in South Hykeham.

Andreos1

17 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm #10
You will know the seatbelt place just off the A46 then if your just up the road in Hykeham!

There were two ex-GNE deckers getting the works a month or so back, then were painted white. Any chance you know who has bought them? Are they staying in the Lincoln area?

Do you know what the deal is with the battered vehicles just before you get to Harmston on the A607 too?
Andreos1
17 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm #10

You will know the seatbelt place just off the A46 then if your just up the road in Hykeham!

There were two ex-GNE deckers getting the works a month or so back, then were painted white. Any chance you know who has bought them? Are they staying in the Lincoln area?

Do you know what the deal is with the battered vehicles just before you get to Harmston on the A607 too?

18 Jun 2013, 8:03 am #11
(17 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm)Andreos1 You will know the seatbelt place just off the A46 then if your just up the road in Hykeham!

I do know about the seatbelt place in Thorpe-on-the-Hill, but no clue where vehicles are going from there, as they don't just do local stuff.

The ''battered'' vehicles at the old Enterprise and Silver Dawn depot between Waddington and Harmston belong to the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society, many were involved in a fire a few years back, but the few in there which are still whole are used at our events.
ACBest
18 Jun 2013, 8:03 am #11

(17 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm)Andreos1 You will know the seatbelt place just off the A46 then if your just up the road in Hykeham!

I do know about the seatbelt place in Thorpe-on-the-Hill, but no clue where vehicles are going from there, as they don't just do local stuff.

The ''battered'' vehicles at the old Enterprise and Silver Dawn depot between Waddington and Harmston belong to the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society, many were involved in a fire a few years back, but the few in there which are still whole are used at our events.

Andreos1

18 Jun 2013, 9:12 am #12
Wondered what the deal was with them. Noticed them sitting outside whatever the weather for a while now.
The one that looks like a Bristol RE with the corrugated iron windows was the one which caught my eye.

Cheers for clearing that one up
Andreos1
18 Jun 2013, 9:12 am #12

Wondered what the deal was with them. Noticed them sitting outside whatever the weather for a while now.
The one that looks like a Bristol RE with the corrugated iron windows was the one which caught my eye.

Cheers for clearing that one up

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm #13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/9166457921/

Black Cat Travel of Lincolnshire's HIG 9454 (previously registered as T299ROF), Mercedes-Benz O404/Hispano Vita, carrying a white variation of the company's standard livery while sporting the name "SMUDGE", is pictured at a car park near Hobson Way, South Shields, while on Private Hire on a trip to Newcastle upon Tyne from Lincoln for the weekend, looking rather smart indeed. 29/06/13

Having been made aware of HIG9454's presence in Tyne & Wear by friend and enthusiast from Lincoln, Damon Powell (ACBest), I couldn't deny a photograph of her. HIG9454 posesses a relatively rare bodywork for a coach used within this country, and it's certainly not a type of bodywork I'd seen in person prior to today. Slightly gutted the sun didn't play ball and come out for us all today, but nevertheless, HIG9454 stands in all of her glory.
Dan
29 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm #13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/9166457921/

Black Cat Travel of Lincolnshire's HIG 9454 (previously registered as T299ROF), Mercedes-Benz O404/Hispano Vita, carrying a white variation of the company's standard livery while sporting the name "SMUDGE", is pictured at a car park near Hobson Way, South Shields, while on Private Hire on a trip to Newcastle upon Tyne from Lincoln for the weekend, looking rather smart indeed. 29/06/13

Having been made aware of HIG9454's presence in Tyne & Wear by friend and enthusiast from Lincoln, Damon Powell (ACBest), I couldn't deny a photograph of her. HIG9454 posesses a relatively rare bodywork for a coach used within this country, and it's certainly not a type of bodywork I'd seen in person prior to today. Slightly gutted the sun didn't play ball and come out for us all today, but nevertheless, HIG9454 stands in all of her glory.

Adrian

29 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm #14
Nice bus, but contender for the worst livery ever.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm #14

Nice bus, but contender for the worst livery ever.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jun 2013, 6:11 am #15
(29 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm)aureolin Nice bus, but contender for the worst livery ever.

I really wasn't keen on the livery when I was first shown it, but I think the main "fault" of the livery is the coach bodywork being unsuitable. Check out another member of the fleet here. I think the livery looks much better in black, and on a different bodywork.
Dan
30 Jun 2013, 6:11 am #15

(29 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm)aureolin Nice bus, but contender for the worst livery ever.

I really wasn't keen on the livery when I was first shown it, but I think the main "fault" of the livery is the coach bodywork being unsuitable. Check out another member of the fleet here. I think the livery looks much better in black, and on a different bodywork.

Andreos1

19 Jul 2013, 9:44 am #16
It's amazing what a two year ticket price freeze can do... www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2556. Non-concessionary customer numbers have increased by 3.1% with 85 new vehicles being introduced over a 2 year period with the Council owned operator.

How many privately owned operators could say the same thing?
Andreos1
19 Jul 2013, 9:44 am #16

It's amazing what a two year ticket price freeze can do... www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2556. Non-concessionary customer numbers have increased by 3.1% with 85 new vehicles being introduced over a 2 year period with the Council owned operator.

MurdnunoC

19 Jul 2013, 9:54 am #17
(19 Jul 2013, 9:44 am)Andreos1 It's amazing what a two year ticket price freeze can do... www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2556. Non-concessionary customer numbers have increased by 3.1% with 85 new vehicles being introduced over a 2 year period with the Council owned operator.

Whoa, you're not saying that a policy of low fares leads to an increase in patronage are you?

That's like, placing customers before profit. It's almost blasphemous to suggest that. What would the shareholders say? Huh
MurdnunoC
19 Jul 2013, 9:54 am #17

(19 Jul 2013, 9:44 am)Andreos1 It's amazing what a two year ticket price freeze can do... www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2556. Non-concessionary customer numbers have increased by 3.1% with 85 new vehicles being introduced over a 2 year period with the Council owned operator.

Whoa, you're not saying that a policy of low fares leads to an increase in patronage are you?

That's like, placing customers before profit. It's almost blasphemous to suggest that. What would the shareholders say? Huh

Andreos1

19 Jul 2013, 10:05 am #18
haha, now I have been on my best behaviour and not used that word recently due to the risk of others getting upset and annoyed Smile.

But yeah, it's amazing what reducing or freezing prices can do - to profits and passenger numbers! NCT have shown it can work!
Edited 19 Jul 2013, 10:06 am by Andreos1.
Andreos1
19 Jul 2013, 10:05 am #18

haha, now I have been on my best behaviour and not used that word recently due to the risk of others getting upset and annoyed Smile.

But yeah, it's amazing what reducing or freezing prices can do - to profits and passenger numbers! NCT have shown it can work!

MurdnunoC

19 Jul 2013, 10:26 am #19
It's hardly unique. It's been shown to work for a long time. Recently, I posted a link in the video thread pointing to an episode of a documentary called Losing Track (1985). As well as looking at TWPTE, the episode also looks at how South Yorkshire PTE managed to increase passenger numbers in the 1980s through a low fares policy subsidised partially through local rates. It's quite interesting if you haven't watched it already.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=328&pid=6432#pid6432
MurdnunoC
19 Jul 2013, 10:26 am #19

It's hardly unique. It's been shown to work for a long time. Recently, I posted a link in the video thread pointing to an episode of a documentary called Losing Track (1985). As well as looking at TWPTE, the episode also looks at how South Yorkshire PTE managed to increase passenger numbers in the 1980s through a low fares policy subsidised partially through local rates. It's quite interesting if you haven't watched it already.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=328&pid=6432#pid6432

Andreos1

19 Jul 2013, 10:45 am #20
No, I haven't seen that video.

Your right, it isn't a recent thing. But it just goes to show how one operator can increase numbers and buy a massive number of new vehicles, when others (who will all have similar costs, overheads etc) do the exact opposite, as well as having older stock and not replacing them with anything like the numbers NCT are.

Wonder how much NCT will get when selling off their older vehicles, which is all in decent condition? As far as I can remember, there is nothing from beyond 2000, in their fleet these days. They might even be younger than that - circa 2001/2002 being their oldest vehicles.
Andreos1
19 Jul 2013, 10:45 am #20

No, I haven't seen that video.

Your right, it isn't a recent thing. But it just goes to show how one operator can increase numbers and buy a massive number of new vehicles, when others (who will all have similar costs, overheads etc) do the exact opposite, as well as having older stock and not replacing them with anything like the numbers NCT are.

Wonder how much NCT will get when selling off their older vehicles, which is all in decent condition? As far as I can remember, there is nothing from beyond 2000, in their fleet these days. They might even be younger than that - circa 2001/2002 being their oldest vehicles.

Pages (12): 1 2 312 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average