Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (62) Previous 154 55 5662 Next
Tamesider

21 Feb 2019, 5:40 pm #1,081
(20 Feb 2019, 8:56 am)Kuyoyo For anyone wonder, here's the most up-to-date Fleetlist for First Manchester I can find - in the drop-down box, select 'Manchester' for Queens Road's allocation
http://www.quack77.uk/fleetlists/fleet.php?ownerid=8

This list is good enough to assess the age profile, but it shows yet a third version of where the E400s transferred from Rusholme ended up - simply all the even numbers (33842/4/6/8) have now been quoted at both Bolton and Oldham.  Slightly more significant is that the closure of Rusholme should have seen a net increase in Queens Road PVR of about  16 to work the 53 and Manchester-Sale section of the 41. However, only about 8 buses have been reported coming in from Oldham (who received the 10 Streetlites as well as 4 or 5 E400s, and nothing from Bolton. This suggests a works swap from Queens to both those depots back on 27th January, despite reports that Bolton depot is seriously short of drivers!

(19 Feb 2019, 9:09 pm)Andreos1 I believe First took over the lease from Finglands. So presumably another party owns the site.

Its been mentioned locally that the Rusholme site has been or is being disposed of for Redevelopment. Student Flats was mentioned, but that might just be a logical guess given the location.
Edited 21 Feb 2019, 5:42 pm by Tamesider.
Tamesider
21 Feb 2019, 5:40 pm #1,081

(20 Feb 2019, 8:56 am)Kuyoyo For anyone wonder, here's the most up-to-date Fleetlist for First Manchester I can find - in the drop-down box, select 'Manchester' for Queens Road's allocation
http://www.quack77.uk/fleetlists/fleet.php?ownerid=8

This list is good enough to assess the age profile, but it shows yet a third version of where the E400s transferred from Rusholme ended up - simply all the even numbers (33842/4/6/8) have now been quoted at both Bolton and Oldham.  Slightly more significant is that the closure of Rusholme should have seen a net increase in Queens Road PVR of about  16 to work the 53 and Manchester-Sale section of the 41. However, only about 8 buses have been reported coming in from Oldham (who received the 10 Streetlites as well as 4 or 5 E400s, and nothing from Bolton. This suggests a works swap from Queens to both those depots back on 27th January, despite reports that Bolton depot is seriously short of drivers!

(19 Feb 2019, 9:09 pm)Andreos1 I believe First took over the lease from Finglands. So presumably another party owns the site.

Its been mentioned locally that the Rusholme site has been or is being disposed of for Redevelopment. Student Flats was mentioned, but that might just be a logical guess given the location.

Andreos1

21 Feb 2019, 9:50 pm #1,082
(21 Feb 2019, 5:40 pm)Tamesider This list is good enough to assess the age profile, but it shows yet a third version of where the E400s transferred from Rusholme ended up - simply all the even numbers (33842/4/6/8) have now been quoted at both Bolton and Oldham.  Slightly more significant is that the closure of Rusholme should have seen a net increase in Queens Road PVR of about  16 to work the 53 and Manchester-Sale section of the 41. However, only about 8 buses have been reported coming in from Oldham (who received the 10 Streetlites as well as 4 or 5 E400s, and nothing from Bolton. This suggests a works swap from Queens to both those depots back on 27th January, despite reports that Bolton depot is seriously short of drivers!

I think the original plan was to sell Rusholme and move to Queens Road. 
Sure there were union consultations about it last year. 
Guessing this is all off now, following the takeover deal.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Feb 2019, 9:50 pm #1,082

(21 Feb 2019, 5:40 pm)Tamesider This list is good enough to assess the age profile, but it shows yet a third version of where the E400s transferred from Rusholme ended up - simply all the even numbers (33842/4/6/8) have now been quoted at both Bolton and Oldham.  Slightly more significant is that the closure of Rusholme should have seen a net increase in Queens Road PVR of about  16 to work the 53 and Manchester-Sale section of the 41. However, only about 8 buses have been reported coming in from Oldham (who received the 10 Streetlites as well as 4 or 5 E400s, and nothing from Bolton. This suggests a works swap from Queens to both those depots back on 27th January, despite reports that Bolton depot is seriously short of drivers!

I think the original plan was to sell Rusholme and move to Queens Road. 

22 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm #1,083
Afternoon all,

I'm one of these drivers caught up in the First Manchester carve-up (and a North Easterner born and bred, which has led me to here!)

I'm not at Queens Road, but knowing of the sterling work that GNE have done over the years I'm contemplating a transfer to QS in time for the Go Ahead to take over. It's a horrible feeling across all the depots at the moment and morale is so low you'll need to dig for it! First have unfortunately neglected to invest in anything which as someone quite rightly said, has created a 'toxic' brand. When I come back to visit family and friends, I really get 'bus evny', even a knackered 2006 plate ALX300 Stagecoach are still trundling around are in better nick than First's kit!

Anyway, onto my question - do Go Ahead staff (and spouse) passes get you on all Go Ahead services or just ones in your local OpCo? I know Go Ahead allow for a lot of autonomy within their OpCos, just interested if that goes for their Staff Passes.

Cheers, and feel free to ask me anything from this absolute mess in the North West!

GB
geordiebri
22 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm #1,083

Afternoon all,

I'm one of these drivers caught up in the First Manchester carve-up (and a North Easterner born and bred, which has led me to here!)

I'm not at Queens Road, but knowing of the sterling work that GNE have done over the years I'm contemplating a transfer to QS in time for the Go Ahead to take over. It's a horrible feeling across all the depots at the moment and morale is so low you'll need to dig for it! First have unfortunately neglected to invest in anything which as someone quite rightly said, has created a 'toxic' brand. When I come back to visit family and friends, I really get 'bus evny', even a knackered 2006 plate ALX300 Stagecoach are still trundling around are in better nick than First's kit!

Anyway, onto my question - do Go Ahead staff (and spouse) passes get you on all Go Ahead services or just ones in your local OpCo? I know Go Ahead allow for a lot of autonomy within their OpCos, just interested if that goes for their Staff Passes.

Cheers, and feel free to ask me anything from this absolute mess in the North West!

GB

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm #1,084
(22 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm)geordiebri Afternoon all,

GB
Go-Ahead staff passes are valid on all operating companies outside of London.

Welcome to the family...maybe!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
22 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm #1,084

(22 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm)geordiebri Afternoon all,

GB
Go-Ahead staff passes are valid on all operating companies outside of London.

22 Feb 2019, 7:35 pm #1,085
(22 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm)Dan Go-Ahead staff passes are valid on all operating companies outside of London.

Cheers Dan, similar to what First do by the sounds of it. I'm also thinking about the long game if I make a more permanent return to the homeland - it'll be a lot easier to get a transfer than go in as a newbie!

GB
Edited 22 Feb 2019, 7:36 pm by geordiebri.
geordiebri
22 Feb 2019, 7:35 pm #1,085

(22 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm)Dan Go-Ahead staff passes are valid on all operating companies outside of London.

Cheers Dan, similar to what First do by the sounds of it. I'm also thinking about the long game if I make a more permanent return to the homeland - it'll be a lot easier to get a transfer than go in as a newbie!

GB

Tamesider

22 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm #1,086
(21 Feb 2019, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 I think the original plan was to sell Rusholme and move to Queens Road. 

Possibly talking at cross purposes here. First *did* vacate Rusholme on 28 January with all remaining work (basically revised 41 from Middleton/NMGH through Manchester, down Wilmslow Road to Sale) and 53 (run by Queens exclusively between 1991 - or earlier - and 2014). There has been no suggestion locally that Rusholme will be resurrected  as a First or rather GA depot, although one rumour is that an existing independant might move in.

The fleet details query was simply that the figures don't add up, following the vacation of Rusholme.
Tamesider
22 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm #1,086

(21 Feb 2019, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 I think the original plan was to sell Rusholme and move to Queens Road. 

Possibly talking at cross purposes here. First *did* vacate Rusholme on 28 January with all remaining work (basically revised 41 from Middleton/NMGH through Manchester, down Wilmslow Road to Sale) and 53 (run by Queens exclusively between 1991 - or earlier - and 2014). There has been no suggestion locally that Rusholme will be resurrected  as a First or rather GA depot, although one rumour is that an existing independant might move in.

The fleet details query was simply that the figures don't add up, following the vacation of Rusholme.

Andreos1

26 Feb 2019, 10:38 am #1,087
(22 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm)Tamesider Possibly talking at cross purposes here. First *did* vacate Rusholme on 28 January with all remaining work (basically revised 41 from Middleton/NMGH through Manchester, down Wilmslow Road to Sale) and 53 (run by Queens exclusively between 1991 - or earlier - and 2014). There has been no suggestion locally that Rusholme will be resurrected  as a First or rather GA depot, although one rumour is that an existing independant might move in. 

Yes, the end of Jan was always the date discussed. However Queens Road was mooted as a replacement (full or part) for Rusholme.

Andreos1
26 Feb 2019, 10:38 am #1,087

(22 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm)Tamesider Possibly talking at cross purposes here. First *did* vacate Rusholme on 28 January with all remaining work (basically revised 41 from Middleton/NMGH through Manchester, down Wilmslow Road to Sale) and 53 (run by Queens exclusively between 1991 - or earlier - and 2014). There has been no suggestion locally that Rusholme will be resurrected  as a First or rather GA depot, although one rumour is that an existing independant might move in. 

Yes, the end of Jan was always the date discussed. However Queens Road was mooted as a replacement (full or part) for Rusholme.

Tamesider

02 Mar 2019, 8:46 pm #1,088
(26 Feb 2019, 10:38 am)Andreos1 Yes, the end of Jan was always the date discussed. However Queens Road was mooted as a replacement (full or part) for Rusholme.

To further clarify - as I put the brackets in the wrong places - Queens took over both 41 & 53, Rusholme's only remaining work, with a PVR of 16 buses (joining up 41/42 effectively reduced PVR by 1). For this work, 4 B9TLs and (from memory) 9 B7RLEs have come from Oldham, thus leaving Queens about 4 buses short. In return Oldham received all 10 Streetlites and 4 or 5 E400s, with the remaining 4 E400s going to Bolton. Its not clear why Bolton have these extra buses, as they reportedly have a severe driver shortage and their January service changes resulted in a "break even" or 1 bus reduction in PVR.
Tamesider
02 Mar 2019, 8:46 pm #1,088

(26 Feb 2019, 10:38 am)Andreos1 Yes, the end of Jan was always the date discussed. However Queens Road was mooted as a replacement (full or part) for Rusholme.

To further clarify - as I put the brackets in the wrong places - Queens took over both 41 & 53, Rusholme's only remaining work, with a PVR of 16 buses (joining up 41/42 effectively reduced PVR by 1). For this work, 4 B9TLs and (from memory) 9 B7RLEs have come from Oldham, thus leaving Queens about 4 buses short. In return Oldham received all 10 Streetlites and 4 or 5 E400s, with the remaining 4 E400s going to Bolton. Its not clear why Bolton have these extra buses, as they reportedly have a severe driver shortage and their January service changes resulted in a "break even" or 1 bus reduction in PVR.

22 Mar 2019, 8:09 pm #1,089
Arriva North West are the first division to receive new-style next stop display screens on the Sapphire services. Photo courtesy of Kieron Jones.

omnicity4659
22 Mar 2019, 8:09 pm #1,089

Arriva North West are the first division to receive new-style next stop display screens on the Sapphire services. Photo courtesy of Kieron Jones.

S813 FVK

10 May 2019, 4:05 pm #1,090
Go North West's Twitter account has now been set up, along with their website
https://twitter.com/gnwbus/
http://www.gonorthwest.co.uk/

Appears to follow the general style of Go North East with an altered colour scheme.
Edited 10 May 2019, 4:27 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
10 May 2019, 4:05 pm #1,090

Go North West's Twitter account has now been set up, along with their website

Appears to follow the general style of Go North East with an altered colour scheme.

citaro5284

02 Jun 2019, 8:33 am #1,091

(10 May 2019, 4:05 pm)S813 FVK Go North West's Twitter account has now been set up, along with their website

New livery on an ex First Manchester vehicles

https://twitter.com/gnwbus/status/1135063494699565058

citaro5284
02 Jun 2019, 8:33 am #1,091

(10 May 2019, 4:05 pm)S813 FVK Go North West's Twitter account has now been set up, along with their website

Malarkey

09 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm #1,092

(02 Jun 2019, 8:33 am)citaro5284

Is there any plans for new vehicles for Go North West?

Malarkey
09 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm #1,092

(02 Jun 2019, 8:33 am)citaro5284

Is there any plans for new vehicles for Go North West?

Jimmi

09 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm #1,093
(09 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm)Malarkey Is there any plans for new vehicles for Go North West?

Info from a Go North West Facebook group:

Fleet Update:

All 14 Volvo B5 Hybrids 39207 - 39220 are to be fully refurbished internally & externally the first (39219) left Queens Road on 4th June.

7 Enviro 200’s have been purchased from the London operations and are currently at Plaxton for livery application and partial refurbishment. All of which are also having a front suspension modification carried out in line with DVSAs recommendation.

Both the B5LH & 7 Enviro 200’s are due back at Queens Road by June 30th (Latest)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 33841 (SN14TTE) is the first bus repainted and refreshed internally, due to hit the road imminently.
Jimmi
09 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm #1,093

(09 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm)Malarkey Is there any plans for new vehicles for Go North West?

Info from a Go North West Facebook group:

Fleet Update:

All 14 Volvo B5 Hybrids 39207 - 39220 are to be fully refurbished internally & externally the first (39219) left Queens Road on 4th June.

7 Enviro 200’s have been purchased from the London operations and are currently at Plaxton for livery application and partial refurbishment. All of which are also having a front suspension modification carried out in line with DVSAs recommendation.

Both the B5LH & 7 Enviro 200’s are due back at Queens Road by June 30th (Latest)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 33841 (SN14TTE) is the first bus repainted and refreshed internally, due to hit the road imminently.

S813 FVK

09 Jun 2019, 12:31 pm #1,094

Also some Eclipse 2s earmarked to transfer up from Plymouth Citybus when they receive new buses later in the year

The B5LH refurbishments are being done by Thorntons, so might not necessarily need to go all the way to Manchester to catch those.

S813 FVK
09 Jun 2019, 12:31 pm #1,094

Also some Eclipse 2s earmarked to transfer up from Plymouth Citybus when they receive new buses later in the year

The B5LH refurbishments are being done by Thorntons, so might not necessarily need to go all the way to Manchester to catch those.

Malarkey

09 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm #1,095
I was hoping something new was on order as I am sure they have some 05/55 reg B7RLE's of a similar age to the ones Go North East have sold to them for Driver Training
Malarkey
09 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm #1,095

I was hoping something new was on order as I am sure they have some 05/55 reg B7RLE's of a similar age to the ones Go North East have sold to them for Driver Training

09 Jun 2019, 1:48 pm #1,096

(09 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm)Malarkey I was hoping something new was on order as I am sure they have some 05/55 reg B7RLE's of a similar age to the ones Go North East have sold to them for Driver Training

Quite a few

http://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnw.pdf

NewcastleOne
09 Jun 2019, 1:48 pm #1,096

(09 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm)Malarkey I was hoping something new was on order as I am sure they have some 05/55 reg B7RLE's of a similar age to the ones Go North East have sold to them for Driver Training

Quite a few

Malarkey

09 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm #1,097

(09 Jun 2019, 1:48 pm)NewcastleOne

Quite a few

Quite an ageing fleet of buses right there.

Malarkey
09 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm #1,097

(09 Jun 2019, 1:48 pm)NewcastleOne

Quite a few

09 Jun 2019, 6:43 pm #1,098

(09 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm)Malarkey

Agreed with the Urbans many will soon need to leave. I expect the Gemini’s 07/58s to be around for while longer. GNW by the sounds have already enquired 16 Single Deckers to Replace(?) some of the oldest urbans. Time will tell.

NewcastleOne
09 Jun 2019, 6:43 pm #1,098

(09 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm)Malarkey

Agreed with the Urbans many will soon need to leave. I expect the Gemini’s 07/58s to be around for while longer. GNW by the sounds have already enquired 16 Single Deckers to Replace(?) some of the oldest urbans. Time will tell.

Michael

12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm #1,099
First set of Go North West changes have appeared:

PC2021320/13 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Manchester to Bury via Cheetham Hill, Whitefield
Service number: 135 (135)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 21 Jul 2019

PC2021320/11 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Manchester to Bury via Lower Broughton, Whitefield, Radcliffe
Service number: 98 (98)

PC2021320/9 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Bury to Salford Shopping Centre via Unsworth, Prestwich, Carr Clough
Service number: 95 (95)

PC2021320/6 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Cheetham Hill to Salford
Service number: 53 (53)

PC2021320/5 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Failsworth to intu Trafford Centre via Cheetham Hill, Salford Shopping Ctr, Eccles
Service number: 52 (52)

PC2021320/1 Variation
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Rochdale to Manchester via Middleton
Service number: 17 17A (17, 17A)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm #1,099

First set of Go North West changes have appeared:

PC2021320/13 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/11 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/9 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/6 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/5 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Failsworth to intu Trafford Centre via Cheetham Hill, Salford Shopping Ctr, Eccles

PC2021320/1 Variation
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Jun 2019, 6:53 am #1,100

(12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm)Michael First set of Go North West changes have appeared:

PC2021320/13 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/11 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/9 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/6 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/5 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/1 Variation
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

These will be Summer period timetables when congestion is less in the city and buses generally leave the terminals on time but have quicker journey times to get to their destination.

First and Stagecoach have done this in Greater Manchester for some years now.

Go North West have increased their VA by 20:

GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

Director(s): DAVID ALLEN BROWN, ELODIE BRIAN 
4 MATTHEW PARKER STREET, Go-Ahead Group PLC, LONDON, SW1H 9NP

Increase at existing operating centre: QUEENS ROAD DEPOT, QUEENS ROAD,
MANCHESTER, M8 8UT

New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 185 vehicle(s) 

GNW bought 163 buses from First as part of the deal plus a number of TfGM owned YSB and city centre FreeBuses so this increase was expected.

Still no sight of a full list of what has been taken over.   One list circulating shows ex First trainers still at QS - plus a bus in Oldham Corporation livery - this was repainted over two years ago back into First livery

Tim33160
14 Jun 2019, 6:53 am #1,100

(12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm)Michael First set of Go North West changes have appeared:

PC2021320/13 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/11 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/9 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/6 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/5 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

PC2021320/1 Variation
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

These will be Summer period timetables when congestion is less in the city and buses generally leave the terminals on time but have quicker journey times to get to their destination.

First and Stagecoach have done this in Greater Manchester for some years now.

Go North West have increased their VA by 20:

GO NORTH WEST LIMITED

Director(s): DAVID ALLEN BROWN, ELODIE BRIAN 
4 MATTHEW PARKER STREET, Go-Ahead Group PLC, LONDON, SW1H 9NP

Increase at existing operating centre: QUEENS ROAD DEPOT, QUEENS ROAD,
MANCHESTER, M8 8UT

New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 185 vehicle(s) 

GNW bought 163 buses from First as part of the deal plus a number of TfGM owned YSB and city centre FreeBuses so this increase was expected.

Still no sight of a full list of what has been taken over.   One list circulating shows ex First trainers still at QS - plus a bus in Oldham Corporation livery - this was repainted over two years ago back into First livery

Pages (62) Previous 154 55 5662 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average