Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (239) Previous 1163 164 165239 Next
LeeCalder

24 Jun 2015, 10:09 pm #3,261
Today I haven't been out that much although I did make my daily Arriva 82 and 83 appearance.

I got the 20:42 83 to Portmeads and realised Gary Hunter was driving, I got off and spent about 7/8 minutes at my mates before heading back for the returning 82. We got talking and in the end stayed on till Concord and came back round! So I done three journeys on the same bus, but only got off twice. I got back to Barley Mow at 22:42.
LeeCalder
24 Jun 2015, 10:09 pm #3,261

Today I haven't been out that much although I did make my daily Arriva 82 and 83 appearance.

I got the 20:42 83 to Portmeads and realised Gary Hunter was driving, I got off and spent about 7/8 minutes at my mates before heading back for the returning 82. We got talking and in the end stayed on till Concord and came back round! So I done three journeys on the same bus, but only got off twice. I got back to Barley Mow at 22:42.

Charles41

26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am #3,262
Yesterday I visited Carlisle to do a bit spotting and get some photos. I took the 8.45 from Newcastle Eldon Square. The service was operated by Stagecoach using 27142. It was a good ride and weather was fine. The service only had a few people on it when it left town. However it filled up by the time it reached Hexham.

I disembarked at Crossbank, Haltwhistle at 10.21, the bus was supposed to arrive at there at 10.13. I visited the Primrose Coaches garage which had two vehicles present. I then walked into the town centre via Central Avenue to check on the minibus fleet of Sproul Taxis. Unfortunately no vehicles were present. I then walked down to Townfoot to look at the Tyne Valley Coaches garage. There were no Tyne Valley Coaches vehicles present. The depot is now the home of Derek Armstrong Coaches. They are a new operator with a small fleet of 3 Setras. Mr Armstrong was washing his vehicles and was happy for me to look round and get some photos.

Next door to Armstrong’s garage is the NCC depot. This is used by ADAPT to stable minibuses working on the 681 Haltwhistle-Slaggyford route between services. I wanted to get some photos but there was no-one in the council depot when I went to ask for permission. The recycling depot next to the council garage contained an old decker which appeared to formerly belong to a religious group. However it was too far away from the road to get any further details.

Time was now getting on as I wanted to get the 11.13 bus to Carlisle; I just had time to look at the Tynedale Group Travel garage. I was rewarded with 4 very smart Neoplan Coaches, 2 Mercedes minibuses and also 3 midibuses operating on private hire plates. Unfortunately I did not have time to go round the depot so could not record full details of the vehicles. If anyone is in the Haltwhistle area please could they take a look and get the details. The PSV circle only records 3 coaches and 1 minibus in its latest fleet list.

I ran up to the main road along a track and up to the nearest bus stop, passing the former Spotted Cow public house in the process. I was halfway to the bus stop when it came around the corner. Luckily there was a guy waiting and I just made it to the bus, which was Stagecoach 27141. The bus was rather busy and got even fuller at Brampton. The journey was smooth and we arrived on time at Carlisle.

Carlisle has some excellent locations for photography and thoroughly enjoyed myself over the next 3 hours. The Enviros on the Stagecoach Gold service look really spectacular. The new minibuses also look really smart in their route branded liveries. My only gripe is the small size of the fleet numbers on the Stagecoach vehicles. There was an old guy spotting near the bus station and he had to use binoculars!

I also had a good look round the shops at Carlisle especially Bookends which have a really good range of railway books in their basement. I got the 15.07 bus from Carlisle to Hexham. This was Arriva 1496. The bus was busy but left on time in deteriorating weather conditions. By the time the bus reached Brampton, the skies had well and truly opened. Lots of people alighted at Brampton but a large contingent of school kids got on. They amused themselves by taking photos of each other and selfies. Despite the weather, the journey was very good and the driver arrived on time at Hexham.

I got off near the Police Station at Hexham and walked down to Burn Lane. There I had a look at the GNE garage. I was rewarded at the sight of former GNE training vehicles which are now used as school buses. There was also a Stanley Travel minibus stabled at the garage. This would appear to have been used on a schools contract. There was also a new coach YN55PNB in all over white. I was unable to find out who this belongs to.

After leaving the GNE garage I had a look at the ADAPT, Bateys and Ecocabs garages which are all close to each other on the Haugh Lane Industrial Estate. I also checked out the main car park in Hexham where Baynes Travel park their vehicles between contracts. I was able to catch the 16.53 X85 which was operated by GNE 5231. This is an excellent service; we arrived promptly in Newcastle Eldon Square despite it being rush hour.

All in all it was an excellent day, I only wish the 10.13 had arrived at Haltwhistle on time so I could have looked around the TGT garage and got some photos of their impressive Neoplans. I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles
Charles41
26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am #3,262

Yesterday I visited Carlisle to do a bit spotting and get some photos. I took the 8.45 from Newcastle Eldon Square. The service was operated by Stagecoach using 27142. It was a good ride and weather was fine. The service only had a few people on it when it left town. However it filled up by the time it reached Hexham.

I disembarked at Crossbank, Haltwhistle at 10.21, the bus was supposed to arrive at there at 10.13. I visited the Primrose Coaches garage which had two vehicles present. I then walked into the town centre via Central Avenue to check on the minibus fleet of Sproul Taxis. Unfortunately no vehicles were present. I then walked down to Townfoot to look at the Tyne Valley Coaches garage. There were no Tyne Valley Coaches vehicles present. The depot is now the home of Derek Armstrong Coaches. They are a new operator with a small fleet of 3 Setras. Mr Armstrong was washing his vehicles and was happy for me to look round and get some photos.

Next door to Armstrong’s garage is the NCC depot. This is used by ADAPT to stable minibuses working on the 681 Haltwhistle-Slaggyford route between services. I wanted to get some photos but there was no-one in the council depot when I went to ask for permission. The recycling depot next to the council garage contained an old decker which appeared to formerly belong to a religious group. However it was too far away from the road to get any further details.

Time was now getting on as I wanted to get the 11.13 bus to Carlisle; I just had time to look at the Tynedale Group Travel garage. I was rewarded with 4 very smart Neoplan Coaches, 2 Mercedes minibuses and also 3 midibuses operating on private hire plates. Unfortunately I did not have time to go round the depot so could not record full details of the vehicles. If anyone is in the Haltwhistle area please could they take a look and get the details. The PSV circle only records 3 coaches and 1 minibus in its latest fleet list.

I ran up to the main road along a track and up to the nearest bus stop, passing the former Spotted Cow public house in the process. I was halfway to the bus stop when it came around the corner. Luckily there was a guy waiting and I just made it to the bus, which was Stagecoach 27141. The bus was rather busy and got even fuller at Brampton. The journey was smooth and we arrived on time at Carlisle.

Carlisle has some excellent locations for photography and thoroughly enjoyed myself over the next 3 hours. The Enviros on the Stagecoach Gold service look really spectacular. The new minibuses also look really smart in their route branded liveries. My only gripe is the small size of the fleet numbers on the Stagecoach vehicles. There was an old guy spotting near the bus station and he had to use binoculars!

I also had a good look round the shops at Carlisle especially Bookends which have a really good range of railway books in their basement. I got the 15.07 bus from Carlisle to Hexham. This was Arriva 1496. The bus was busy but left on time in deteriorating weather conditions. By the time the bus reached Brampton, the skies had well and truly opened. Lots of people alighted at Brampton but a large contingent of school kids got on. They amused themselves by taking photos of each other and selfies. Despite the weather, the journey was very good and the driver arrived on time at Hexham.

I got off near the Police Station at Hexham and walked down to Burn Lane. There I had a look at the GNE garage. I was rewarded at the sight of former GNE training vehicles which are now used as school buses. There was also a Stanley Travel minibus stabled at the garage. This would appear to have been used on a schools contract. There was also a new coach YN55PNB in all over white. I was unable to find out who this belongs to.

After leaving the GNE garage I had a look at the ADAPT, Bateys and Ecocabs garages which are all close to each other on the Haugh Lane Industrial Estate. I also checked out the main car park in Hexham where Baynes Travel park their vehicles between contracts. I was able to catch the 16.53 X85 which was operated by GNE 5231. This is an excellent service; we arrived promptly in Newcastle Eldon Square despite it being rush hour.

All in all it was an excellent day, I only wish the 10.13 had arrived at Haltwhistle on time so I could have looked around the TGT garage and got some photos of their impressive Neoplans. I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles

Jimmi

26 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm #3,263
(26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am)Charles41 Carlisle has some excellent locations for photography and thoroughly enjoyed myself over the next 3 hours. The Enviros on the Stagecoach Gold service look really spectacular. The new minibuses also look really smart in their route branded liveries. My only gripe is the small size of the fleet numbers on the Stagecoach vehicles. There was an old guy spotting near the bus station and he had to use binoculars!

I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles

I was in Carlisle on Saturday and I quite enjoyed getting some photos over there as there is some good spots for photos. I hope do Carlisle again sometime in the near future and hopefully get a ride on the new Solo SR's and possibly the Gold Enviro 400s to see how they compare to the likes of Arriva's Sapphire buses and would like some photos in some different spots.

Tomorrow I am now thinking of heading down to Teesside to get myself some photos of Stagecarriage's buses and services as tomorrow is the last day of the 45, 55 and 271 and I am also hoping to get a shot of the Scarlet Band 16A in the Newton Aycliffe area as it won't be serving there after tomorrow.
Jimmi
26 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm #3,263

(26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am)Charles41 Carlisle has some excellent locations for photography and thoroughly enjoyed myself over the next 3 hours. The Enviros on the Stagecoach Gold service look really spectacular. The new minibuses also look really smart in their route branded liveries. My only gripe is the small size of the fleet numbers on the Stagecoach vehicles. There was an old guy spotting near the bus station and he had to use binoculars!

I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles

I was in Carlisle on Saturday and I quite enjoyed getting some photos over there as there is some good spots for photos. I hope do Carlisle again sometime in the near future and hopefully get a ride on the new Solo SR's and possibly the Gold Enviro 400s to see how they compare to the likes of Arriva's Sapphire buses and would like some photos in some different spots.

Tomorrow I am now thinking of heading down to Teesside to get myself some photos of Stagecarriage's buses and services as tomorrow is the last day of the 45, 55 and 271 and I am also hoping to get a shot of the Scarlet Band 16A in the Newton Aycliffe area as it won't be serving there after tomorrow.

26 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm #3,264
(26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am)Charles41 Yesterday I visited Carlisle to do a bit spotting and get some photos. I took the 8.45 from Newcastle Eldon Square. The service was operated by Stagecoach using 27142. It was a good ride and weather was fine. The service only had a few people on it when it left town. However it filled up by the time it reached Hexham.

Time was now getting on as I wanted to get the 11.13 bus to Carlisle; I just had time to look at the Tynedale Group Travel garage. I was rewarded with 4 very smart Neoplan Coaches, 2 Mercedes minibuses and also 3 midibuses operating on private hire plates. Unfortunately I did not have time to go round the depot so could not record full details of the vehicles.  If anyone is in the Haltwhistle area please could they take a look and get the details. The PSV circle only records 3 coaches and 1 minibus in its latest fleet list.

I also had a good look round the shops at Carlisle especially Bookends which have a really good range of railway books in their basement.  I got the 15.07 bus from Carlisle to Hexham. This was Arriva 1496. The bus was busy but left on time in deteriorating weather conditions. By the time the bus reached Brampton, the skies had well and truly opened. Lots of people alighted at Brampton but a large contingent of school kids got on. They amused themselves by taking photos of each other and selfies. Despite the weather, the journey was very good and the driver arrived on time at Hexham.

After leaving the GNE garage I had a look at the ADAPT, Bateys and Ecocabs garages which are all close to each other on the Haugh Lane Industrial Estate. I also checked out the main car park in Hexham where Baynes Travel park their vehicles between contracts.  I was able to catch the 16.53 X85 which was operated by GNE 5231. This is an excellent service; we arrived promptly in Newcastle Eldon Square despite it being rush hour.

All in all it was an excellent day, I only wish the 10.13 had arrived at Haltwhistle on time so I could have looked around the TGT garage and got some photos of their impressive Neoplans.  I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles
Interesting day out Charles, good reading!

Specific points - the Stanley Travel minibus and the white Scania coach (YN55PZB by the way), are both on temporary loan to Go North East for the former Snaith's school contracts.

Hope that helps
chrisnorthern
26 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm #3,264

(26 Jun 2015, 11:21 am)Charles41 Yesterday I visited Carlisle to do a bit spotting and get some photos. I took the 8.45 from Newcastle Eldon Square. The service was operated by Stagecoach using 27142. It was a good ride and weather was fine. The service only had a few people on it when it left town. However it filled up by the time it reached Hexham.

Time was now getting on as I wanted to get the 11.13 bus to Carlisle; I just had time to look at the Tynedale Group Travel garage. I was rewarded with 4 very smart Neoplan Coaches, 2 Mercedes minibuses and also 3 midibuses operating on private hire plates. Unfortunately I did not have time to go round the depot so could not record full details of the vehicles.  If anyone is in the Haltwhistle area please could they take a look and get the details. The PSV circle only records 3 coaches and 1 minibus in its latest fleet list.

I also had a good look round the shops at Carlisle especially Bookends which have a really good range of railway books in their basement.  I got the 15.07 bus from Carlisle to Hexham. This was Arriva 1496. The bus was busy but left on time in deteriorating weather conditions. By the time the bus reached Brampton, the skies had well and truly opened. Lots of people alighted at Brampton but a large contingent of school kids got on. They amused themselves by taking photos of each other and selfies. Despite the weather, the journey was very good and the driver arrived on time at Hexham.

After leaving the GNE garage I had a look at the ADAPT, Bateys and Ecocabs garages which are all close to each other on the Haugh Lane Industrial Estate. I also checked out the main car park in Hexham where Baynes Travel park their vehicles between contracts.  I was able to catch the 16.53 X85 which was operated by GNE 5231. This is an excellent service; we arrived promptly in Newcastle Eldon Square despite it being rush hour.

All in all it was an excellent day, I only wish the 10.13 had arrived at Haltwhistle on time so I could have looked around the TGT garage and got some photos of their impressive Neoplans.  I would recommend Carlisle to anyone for a day’s spotting. Reay’s also had some interesting vehicles on their Carlisle services.

Charles

Specific points - the Stanley Travel minibus and the white Scania coach (YN55PZB by the way), are both on temporary loan to Go North East for the former Snaith's school contracts.

Hope that helps

26 Jun 2015, 10:30 pm #3,265

Charles

Hope that helps
chrisnorthern
26 Jun 2015, 10:30 pm #3,265

Charles

Hope that helps

Jimmi

27 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm #3,266
Still out but I think I am going to call it a day and head home. Unfortunately today has been another total disaster with buses being wrong in some way which has resulted in frustration especially with one of the issues being in an area I didn't know. Also my ride on the X4 was horrendous, 45 minutes on a bus rammed in like sardines with only 3 windows open at the front of the bus and I was sat towards the back and it was baking especially when we weren't moving. Many of today's photos are terrible, I think there is only 4 I am happy with but I don't think I can bring myself to upload them to Flickr.

Many of my recent outings have been totally awful with some of them having incidents which has left me in some terrible positions and pretty awful feelings as a result of the incidents in question.

I have not being feeling myself lately which is a worry as at times as soon as I have been out of the door I have wanted to be back in again and everything seems to be stressing me lately including some rather small things which really shouldn't be getting to me although I am struggling to rise above it and I am just losing it over nothing. There is a few other things which are going with me at the moment which I am not going into.

So I am not enjoying my outings much at the moment, not enjoying the photo taking much and I am certainly not enjoying uploading photos to my Flickr especially after what happened last night.

I think the best thing to do is for me to try and sort myself out and try and address some of the problems I have been having recently. I think I need to take a little break from parts of the hobby for a little while. I should still make an appearance at the Whitley Bay Rally next Sunday dependent on my transport options and how I'm feeling as however I am getting there it will take me a bloody long time. I will still be viewing this forum.
Jimmi
27 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm #3,266

Still out but I think I am going to call it a day and head home. Unfortunately today has been another total disaster with buses being wrong in some way which has resulted in frustration especially with one of the issues being in an area I didn't know. Also my ride on the X4 was horrendous, 45 minutes on a bus rammed in like sardines with only 3 windows open at the front of the bus and I was sat towards the back and it was baking especially when we weren't moving. Many of today's photos are terrible, I think there is only 4 I am happy with but I don't think I can bring myself to upload them to Flickr.

Many of my recent outings have been totally awful with some of them having incidents which has left me in some terrible positions and pretty awful feelings as a result of the incidents in question.

I have not being feeling myself lately which is a worry as at times as soon as I have been out of the door I have wanted to be back in again and everything seems to be stressing me lately including some rather small things which really shouldn't be getting to me although I am struggling to rise above it and I am just losing it over nothing. There is a few other things which are going with me at the moment which I am not going into.

So I am not enjoying my outings much at the moment, not enjoying the photo taking much and I am certainly not enjoying uploading photos to my Flickr especially after what happened last night.

I think the best thing to do is for me to try and sort myself out and try and address some of the problems I have been having recently. I think I need to take a little break from parts of the hobby for a little while. I should still make an appearance at the Whitley Bay Rally next Sunday dependent on my transport options and how I'm feeling as however I am getting there it will take me a bloody long time. I will still be viewing this forum.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm #3,267
(27 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm)Jimmi I think the best thing to do is for me to try and sort myself out and try and address some of the problems I have been having recently. I think I need to take a little break from parts of the hobby for a little while. I should still make an appearance at the Whitley Bay Rally next Sunday dependent on my transport options and how I'm feeling as however I am getting there it will take me a bloody long time. I will still be viewing this forum.

That's the best way, Jimmi.

Don't force yourself to go out and take photos, as you'll only end up resenting the hobby. I couldn't be bothered today myself, which is why I've stayed in (despite the lovely weather!)
Dan
27 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm #3,267

(27 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm)Jimmi I think the best thing to do is for me to try and sort myself out and try and address some of the problems I have been having recently. I think I need to take a little break from parts of the hobby for a little while. I should still make an appearance at the Whitley Bay Rally next Sunday dependent on my transport options and how I'm feeling as however I am getting there it will take me a bloody long time. I will still be viewing this forum.

That's the best way, Jimmi.

Don't force yourself to go out and take photos, as you'll only end up resenting the hobby. I couldn't be bothered today myself, which is why I've stayed in (despite the lovely weather!)

Jimmi

27 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm #3,268
(27 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm)Dan That's the best way, Jimmi.

Just not been totally 100% today, was looking forward to it today until I left the house this morning, was going to take a photo of the 16A Newton Aycliffe - Darlington this morning but as the bus was coming up the road I had the camera round my neck but couldn't bring myself to take a photo.

I think a break is desperately needed. I think I need something else to intrest me so I have something else to do as at the moment I don't have many other interests besides this hobby, the only other intrest I have is music but we are in festival season so there is very little gigs to at the moment which doesn't help as it is one less thing to do. I think another hobby/intrest would probably be a good thing, seriously people give me some random suggestions as they may turn into something that I could enjoy.
Jimmi
27 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm #3,268

(27 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm)Dan That's the best way, Jimmi.

Just not been totally 100% today, was looking forward to it today until I left the house this morning, was going to take a photo of the 16A Newton Aycliffe - Darlington this morning but as the bus was coming up the road I had the camera round my neck but couldn't bring myself to take a photo.

I think a break is desperately needed. I think I need something else to intrest me so I have something else to do as at the moment I don't have many other interests besides this hobby, the only other intrest I have is music but we are in festival season so there is very little gigs to at the moment which doesn't help as it is one less thing to do. I think another hobby/intrest would probably be a good thing, seriously people give me some random suggestions as they may turn into something that I could enjoy.

Adrian

27 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm #3,269
(27 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm)Jimmi Just not been totally 100% today, was looking forward to it today until I left the house this morning, was going to take a photo of the 16A Newton Aycliffe - Darlington this morning but as the bus was coming up the road I had the camera round my neck but couldn't bring myself to take a photo.

See I used to push myself to get out for photos on every spare day I had. Nowadays though, I just do so if there's something that'll interest me or I actually fancy a day out. 

I'm going to make a point of going to local rallies that I've not really bothered with. I'm heading up Whitley Bay next weekend, and then Shildon towards the end of July. I think I'll have a look out at Seaburn too! 

Beyond the North East, I'm going to aim to get myself up to SVBM on the Saturday, and then back up to Edinburgh in September for the Lothian open day.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm #3,269

(27 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm)Jimmi Just not been totally 100% today, was looking forward to it today until I left the house this morning, was going to take a photo of the 16A Newton Aycliffe - Darlington this morning but as the bus was coming up the road I had the camera round my neck but couldn't bring myself to take a photo.

See I used to push myself to get out for photos on every spare day I had. Nowadays though, I just do so if there's something that'll interest me or I actually fancy a day out. 

I'm going to make a point of going to local rallies that I've not really bothered with. I'm heading up Whitley Bay next weekend, and then Shildon towards the end of July. I think I'll have a look out at Seaburn too! 

Beyond the North East, I'm going to aim to get myself up to SVBM on the Saturday, and then back up to Edinburgh in September for the Lothian open day.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

27 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm #3,270
(27 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm)aureolin See I used to push myself to get out for photos on every spare day I had. Nowadays though, I just do so if there's something that'll interest me or I actually fancy a day out. 

I am thinking of dropping all upcoming outings I had planned and just leave everyday I have blank so I could do an outing if I fancy it or if I don't I can do something else, what I don't know.

I have done more rallies this year, I especially enjoyed the Kirkby Stephen Rally at Easter. I am planning on doing Whitley Bay next Sunday, will probably do Shildon again as it is pretty much on my doorstep and may actually go to Seaburn this time although I have zero clue on where to get off the bus etc. May even do Lothian open day.

My other issue is I always have to be doing something, doesn't matter what but I struggle to sit watching TV and often when I am at home I find myself constantly refreshing this forum about every 5 minutes to keep me busy.

Should really find something else to do but I don't know what.
Jimmi
27 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm #3,270

(27 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm)aureolin See I used to push myself to get out for photos on every spare day I had. Nowadays though, I just do so if there's something that'll interest me or I actually fancy a day out. 

I am thinking of dropping all upcoming outings I had planned and just leave everyday I have blank so I could do an outing if I fancy it or if I don't I can do something else, what I don't know.

I have done more rallies this year, I especially enjoyed the Kirkby Stephen Rally at Easter. I am planning on doing Whitley Bay next Sunday, will probably do Shildon again as it is pretty much on my doorstep and may actually go to Seaburn this time although I have zero clue on where to get off the bus etc. May even do Lothian open day.

My other issue is I always have to be doing something, doesn't matter what but I struggle to sit watching TV and often when I am at home I find myself constantly refreshing this forum about every 5 minutes to keep me busy.

Should really find something else to do but I don't know what.

27 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm #3,271
Had quite an interesting day out today, something different from the usual. I am aware that my reviews must seem to get quite repetitive each week, as I always end up in Derwentside or having a run up to Regent Centre – today, I visited neither of those places, and extended my horizons. Further to this, as I usually end up bumping into somebody I know or arranging to meet somebody, I had a day entirely by myself. I decided earlier this week that I would head up into Northumberland, firstly to Whitley Bay, up to Blyth and then down to Cramlington before changing onto something else to Newcastle; then onwards from there. Something else different about this review; for a change, I'm transferring back to my old style of writing them, with a bold heading then a description of the journey below it.

#21 – Chester-le-Street Corals to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station – (08:42 --- 09:27) – Go North East 6059 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
After waking up and leaving the house at 08:15, I arrived in Chester-le-Street for 08:40. I saw the ''Angel'' standing at the foot of Front Street, only just catching it. Of note, there were about five passengers sat in the lower saloon, and when I first reached the top of the stairs, nobody was upstairs. However, just before we pulled away, an old woman with who I presumed was her granddaughter came and sat upstairs, occupying the front seats; I decided to sit three rows from the back. This run never got particularly busy, before I knew it we were past Birtley and flying past the Angel of the North. I have to say, while getting up earlier than usual isn't preferable, there is nothing nicer than a quiet bus to start the day off. As per usual, the bus was very smooth and handled the route to Newcastle without any problems that I could hear. When we hit Gateshead Interchange, there were around fifteen passengers upstairs, roughly five of whom alighted here. The rest all abandoned ship on Blackett Street, I was the only passenger upstairs when we pulled in Eldon Square.

#308 – Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station to Whitley Bay Town Centre – (09:33 --- 10:19) – Arriva North East 7807 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
The time was nearly reaching 09:30; having reviewed the timetables for the ''Coastliner'' 308 service last night, I knew the next one was to depart the Haymarket at 09:37. I stood around at the first stand in the bus station for a couple of minutes, before a ''Coastliner'' Gemini flew along and pulled into it's respective stand. Around a dozen people alighted, and a queue consisting of about half a dozen, myself included, boarded. As with my last ride on the ''Coastliner'' 308 service, when we left Newcastle; I was the only passenger upstairs. I occupied my usual spot on a double deck vehicle, the right hand front seats. The engine on this B5LH was a lot more evident that on the ''Angel'' example I had rode into Newcastle on. Passengers boarded and alighted throughout the journey; I had planned to disembark this service in Whitley Bay, then get a ''Cobalt Clipper'' 309 to complete the journey to Blyth. As we got within minutes of Whitley Bay, the Volvo B9TL started leap-frogging us, making me anxious as to whether or not I would make the connection. We arrived into the stand at Whitley Bay just moments after it did, and I bailed...

#309 – Whitley Bay Town Centre to Blyth Bus Station – (10:19 --- 10:42) – Go North East 6115 – Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2
… Fortunately, I made it to the 309 just as the last passenger in the queue was getting their ticket from the machine. A number of passengers were sat downstairs, off the top of my head I would say around ten. I made my way upstairs, to find nobody else there. I hit my usual seats, and started to take advantage of the free electricity that was on offer. Normally, I never bring out my phone charger; however, as I knew it was going to be quite a long day, I decided to try and charge my phone at every opportunity. I didn't have any problems with the charging socket, it immediately accepted my phone and began charging. Likewise with the free WiFi, all of the facilities worked brilliantly. Having rode both the ''Coastliner'' 308 and ''Cobalt Clipper'' 309 on my way up to Blyth; I would recommend the latter. The plug sockets and WiFi are automatically more appealing than Arriva's service, which is just WiFi. Also, the seating is much more comfortable on Go North East's B9s than Arriva's B5s. One more point, is the Next Stop Announcements; for somebody unfamiliar with the area, such as myself, this is a great feature, to be able to know where you are. I'll not babble on about it, but generally speaking; I'd say the 309 is much nicer than the 308. Next time, I know which service I will be using. 

#X10 – Blyth Bus Station to Cramlington, Manor Walks Shopping Centre – (10:48 --- 11:22) – Arriva North East 7615 – VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2
After alighting the 309, I had a little gander along to Arriva's Blyth depot; located just a minute's walk from the bus station. Of note, an original-liveried MPD was present, along with an ALX400 and a ''Quorum Express'' Gemini; unfortunately, due to the sunlight, none of my photos came out well at all, having looked at them on the computer. Upon return to Blyth Bus Station; I walked towards another target of the day; the ''MAX'' service as far as Cramlington. There looked to be about ten people seated downstairs, and I counted four others with me upstairs when we left. The driver behind the wheel appeared to be very friendly, as I boarded, he said ''alright mate'' with a smile; one must wonder why all drivers can't be like that. When I did get to my seat upstairs, located three rows from the front, I was hit with the disgusting smell of sweat. All of the windows were open, but the smell persisted. Then, when I filled in my details to connect with Arriva's WiFi; I kept being redirected to the Terms & Conditions page. I really was not impressed with the seating either; the leather on a boiling hot day was certainly not appealing... I've already logged a complaint to Arriva; aside from moaning on about things, I'm not the sort of person to complain to a company, but I feel the service was so poor that it was necessary.

#43 – Cramlington, Manor Walks Shopping Centre to Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station – (11:30 --- 12:20) – Arriva North East 7474 – DAF DB250RS/Alexander ALX400
I was pretty relieved to be off the ''MAX'', I watched it depart while I awaited the next Newcastle-bound service. This was another ''MAX'', which was running only a few minutes behind the one in front. For the sake of variety, I waited for something else. This turned out to be the 43, operated by 7474; an ALX400 I recall riding before. While it turned around just beyond the shopping centre, a small queue of two others and myself had formed. The driver didn't smile when I said hello and showed him my Explorer; not being funny here, but he looked like he was about to commit. Everything was going smoothly, until a child of roughly eight or nine years of age, along with his mother, sat at the left hand front seats having boarded in Seaton Burn. Then; I saw an Emirates plane fly above us; I got quite a shock to say the least! I immediately thought ''Oh dear god, it's 27/6!'', before I realised I was in fact just metres away from the runway of Newcastle International Airport. I was actually expecting a massive explosion, moments after it passed above us...

#43 – Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to MetroCentre Transport Interchange – (12:25 --- 12:45) – Go North East 3823 – Volvo Olympian/Northern Counties Palatine 2
We encountered massive delays around Gosforth Racecourse due to the event on today, with the irritating child sat opposite me to contend with as well; I was not a happy chappy when we finally arrived into Newcastle at 12:20. I was actually considering going to Newcastle Central for some photos of the trains, but as I emerged from Haymarket; I saw a ''Yellow Bus'' Palatine 2 on Percy Street; it was 3823, distinguishable by it's front panel. Operating the ''Diamond'' 43 service, I quickly made my way into Eldon Square. It was running a few minutes late, so I knew the driver wouldn't be hanging around... Fortunately, I made it. My luck had turned around thankfully, so I just enjoyed the journey on this at the time, rather than dwell on the other events of the morning. Like all Volvo Olympians, I was satisfied with it's performance; very few rattles or squeaks throughout the twenty minute ride to the MetroCentre, where I alighted. 

#100 – MetroCentre Transport Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street – (12:46 --- 13:01) – Stagecoach North East 22026 - MAN 18.220LF/Transbus ALX300
I saw a Wright Renown, 4907, operating the ''Toon Link'' 31 service back to Newcastle. I was about to go for that, when I saw a Stagecoach ALX300 sitting in front of it, idle. I noted the fleet number as 22026 as I boarded, before sitting just above the OAP section. This was my first ride on a Transbus bodied ALX300, I've been on a handful of Alexander bodied examples, as well as a couple of B10BLE powered Arriva ones; so this was something new. Very smooth it must be said, this vehicle handled the 100 route with no problems. Although it is just a short ride to Newcastle, it just took everything in it's stride. As I've said before, I really love how smart the ALX300s look in their Stagecoach livery, and it is always a treat to get to ride one. I left, along with everyone else, on Blackett Street, where I decided I would wait for the next ''Green Hybrid'' Stagecoach Enviro400 to show up. 

#40 – Newcastle, Blackett Street to Wallsend Metro Interchange – (13:05 --- 13:34) – Stagecoach North East 12079 – Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 Hybrid
I joined the queue to board this, which turned up a few minutes after I alighted the 100. Wasn't very impressed with this. The heat was incredible, and with all of the windows open, nothing seemed to improve, unfortunately. Add to this, a screaming little girl at the front upstairs (I chose to sit towards the rear of the middle) as well as the decent passenger numbers; it felt like quite a stuffy journey. Thankfully, people disembarked in Byker, which made it more tolerable. The interior was actually quite appalling; along the side of the bus inside was a massive stream of what I hope was spilled coffee... I'll not go into details, but it looked absolutely disgusting. I really wasn't happy with this journey, I was quite happy when I reached the terminus. A Metro had just arrived, so quite a few people were floating around. However, a couple of buses departed and the people from the Metro appeared to disperse, to the point that the interchange was deserted. A Volvo President, 6015, arrived in exchange for Dual-Door Renown 5157, which was swapped onto the 17 service to Whitley Bay. I managed a shot of it, before the next bus to Newcastle, another 40, arrived.  

#40 – Wallsend Metro Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street – (13:42 --- 14:13) – Stagecoach North East 12063 – Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 Hybrid
As with the previous journey, this was bad. We left Wallsend with just myself on board, but a decent number were picked up just outside of The Forum Shopping Centre. Two young boys and their father joined me upstairs; they pretended to shoot people and blow up cars from the front windows; screaming and jumping around for the entire journey. I was really annoyed about it, but kept a level head by listening to my music through my earphones. Thankfully, we reached Newcastle again, where I alighted. What annoyed me the most, was that the father wasn't really doing anything to stop the two boys from disturbing the journey for other passengers. It's your responsibility... Mechanically and internally, 12063 was better than 12079, which was my previous bus. 

#X25 – Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Red Lion – (14:25 --- 15:04) – Go North East 6019 – Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President
As I walked through Eldon Square Shopping Centre, I realised I had been so pre-occupied today, that I hadn't eaten anything. I wasn't exactly in a rush to get anywhere, so I headed into Gregg's for a Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melt. When I did get into Eldon Square's Bus Station, I saw a Volvo President on Percy Street, with the X25 back to Langley Park. I'd had a good day, so I decided to bring it to an end with a ride back to Chester-le-Street, on something other than the 21 or the X21. Pretty quiet, not many comments to make as I had my earphones in for just about the whole duration. However, I was amused by a bald man sitting at the front upstairs; the back of his head was wrinkled so it looked like a face. This machine didn't seem to struggle much with the climbs on this route; I personally think the healthiest B7TL Presidents in the fleet are at Chester-le-Street and Stanley.

#21 – Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Chester-le-Street, Clifford Terrace – (15:21 --- 15:25) – Go North East 6056 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
I ended up starting the day on the same vehicle type as I ended on, the ''Angel'' B5LH. I quickly made a trip to Tesco, before making it back for the 15:15 service to Durham. It was running roughly five minutes late; however I was very pleased to see that my driver was Pat Armstrong! I boarded and said hello, and she did likewise. Opted to sit downstairs, at the quadrant towards the rear, as it was such a short journey. Pat is always careful when she is behind the wheel, and plays the game by the rules.

I think today went okay; despite quite a few negatives, I'm happy I spread my wings a bit and went out of my comfort zone. Just for the variety, I decided I would go back to my original format of writing reviews; let me know if you'd like me to continue with the story format I have adopted over the past few months, or do it like this. Thank you for reading, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Smile

Marcus
Edited 27 Jun 2015, 5:01 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
27 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm #3,271

Had quite an interesting day out today, something different from the usual. I am aware that my reviews must seem to get quite repetitive each week, as I always end up in Derwentside or having a run up to Regent Centre – today, I visited neither of those places, and extended my horizons. Further to this, as I usually end up bumping into somebody I know or arranging to meet somebody, I had a day entirely by myself. I decided earlier this week that I would head up into Northumberland, firstly to Whitley Bay, up to Blyth and then down to Cramlington before changing onto something else to Newcastle; then onwards from there. Something else different about this review; for a change, I'm transferring back to my old style of writing them, with a bold heading then a description of the journey below it.

#21 – Chester-le-Street Corals to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station – (08:42 --- 09:27) – Go North East 6059 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
After waking up and leaving the house at 08:15, I arrived in Chester-le-Street for 08:40. I saw the ''Angel'' standing at the foot of Front Street, only just catching it. Of note, there were about five passengers sat in the lower saloon, and when I first reached the top of the stairs, nobody was upstairs. However, just before we pulled away, an old woman with who I presumed was her granddaughter came and sat upstairs, occupying the front seats; I decided to sit three rows from the back. This run never got particularly busy, before I knew it we were past Birtley and flying past the Angel of the North. I have to say, while getting up earlier than usual isn't preferable, there is nothing nicer than a quiet bus to start the day off. As per usual, the bus was very smooth and handled the route to Newcastle without any problems that I could hear. When we hit Gateshead Interchange, there were around fifteen passengers upstairs, roughly five of whom alighted here. The rest all abandoned ship on Blackett Street, I was the only passenger upstairs when we pulled in Eldon Square.

#308 – Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station to Whitley Bay Town Centre – (09:33 --- 10:19) – Arriva North East 7807 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
The time was nearly reaching 09:30; having reviewed the timetables for the ''Coastliner'' 308 service last night, I knew the next one was to depart the Haymarket at 09:37. I stood around at the first stand in the bus station for a couple of minutes, before a ''Coastliner'' Gemini flew along and pulled into it's respective stand. Around a dozen people alighted, and a queue consisting of about half a dozen, myself included, boarded. As with my last ride on the ''Coastliner'' 308 service, when we left Newcastle; I was the only passenger upstairs. I occupied my usual spot on a double deck vehicle, the right hand front seats. The engine on this B5LH was a lot more evident that on the ''Angel'' example I had rode into Newcastle on. Passengers boarded and alighted throughout the journey; I had planned to disembark this service in Whitley Bay, then get a ''Cobalt Clipper'' 309 to complete the journey to Blyth. As we got within minutes of Whitley Bay, the Volvo B9TL started leap-frogging us, making me anxious as to whether or not I would make the connection. We arrived into the stand at Whitley Bay just moments after it did, and I bailed...

#309 – Whitley Bay Town Centre to Blyth Bus Station – (10:19 --- 10:42) – Go North East 6115 – Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2
… Fortunately, I made it to the 309 just as the last passenger in the queue was getting their ticket from the machine. A number of passengers were sat downstairs, off the top of my head I would say around ten. I made my way upstairs, to find nobody else there. I hit my usual seats, and started to take advantage of the free electricity that was on offer. Normally, I never bring out my phone charger; however, as I knew it was going to be quite a long day, I decided to try and charge my phone at every opportunity. I didn't have any problems with the charging socket, it immediately accepted my phone and began charging. Likewise with the free WiFi, all of the facilities worked brilliantly. Having rode both the ''Coastliner'' 308 and ''Cobalt Clipper'' 309 on my way up to Blyth; I would recommend the latter. The plug sockets and WiFi are automatically more appealing than Arriva's service, which is just WiFi. Also, the seating is much more comfortable on Go North East's B9s than Arriva's B5s. One more point, is the Next Stop Announcements; for somebody unfamiliar with the area, such as myself, this is a great feature, to be able to know where you are. I'll not babble on about it, but generally speaking; I'd say the 309 is much nicer than the 308. Next time, I know which service I will be using. 

#X10 – Blyth Bus Station to Cramlington, Manor Walks Shopping Centre – (10:48 --- 11:22) – Arriva North East 7615 – VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2
After alighting the 309, I had a little gander along to Arriva's Blyth depot; located just a minute's walk from the bus station. Of note, an original-liveried MPD was present, along with an ALX400 and a ''Quorum Express'' Gemini; unfortunately, due to the sunlight, none of my photos came out well at all, having looked at them on the computer. Upon return to Blyth Bus Station; I walked towards another target of the day; the ''MAX'' service as far as Cramlington. There looked to be about ten people seated downstairs, and I counted four others with me upstairs when we left. The driver behind the wheel appeared to be very friendly, as I boarded, he said ''alright mate'' with a smile; one must wonder why all drivers can't be like that. When I did get to my seat upstairs, located three rows from the front, I was hit with the disgusting smell of sweat. All of the windows were open, but the smell persisted. Then, when I filled in my details to connect with Arriva's WiFi; I kept being redirected to the Terms & Conditions page. I really was not impressed with the seating either; the leather on a boiling hot day was certainly not appealing... I've already logged a complaint to Arriva; aside from moaning on about things, I'm not the sort of person to complain to a company, but I feel the service was so poor that it was necessary.

#43 – Cramlington, Manor Walks Shopping Centre to Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station – (11:30 --- 12:20) – Arriva North East 7474 – DAF DB250RS/Alexander ALX400
I was pretty relieved to be off the ''MAX'', I watched it depart while I awaited the next Newcastle-bound service. This was another ''MAX'', which was running only a few minutes behind the one in front. For the sake of variety, I waited for something else. This turned out to be the 43, operated by 7474; an ALX400 I recall riding before. While it turned around just beyond the shopping centre, a small queue of two others and myself had formed. The driver didn't smile when I said hello and showed him my Explorer; not being funny here, but he looked like he was about to commit. Everything was going smoothly, until a child of roughly eight or nine years of age, along with his mother, sat at the left hand front seats having boarded in Seaton Burn. Then; I saw an Emirates plane fly above us; I got quite a shock to say the least! I immediately thought ''Oh dear god, it's 27/6!'', before I realised I was in fact just metres away from the runway of Newcastle International Airport. I was actually expecting a massive explosion, moments after it passed above us...

#43 – Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to MetroCentre Transport Interchange – (12:25 --- 12:45) – Go North East 3823 – Volvo Olympian/Northern Counties Palatine 2
We encountered massive delays around Gosforth Racecourse due to the event on today, with the irritating child sat opposite me to contend with as well; I was not a happy chappy when we finally arrived into Newcastle at 12:20. I was actually considering going to Newcastle Central for some photos of the trains, but as I emerged from Haymarket; I saw a ''Yellow Bus'' Palatine 2 on Percy Street; it was 3823, distinguishable by it's front panel. Operating the ''Diamond'' 43 service, I quickly made my way into Eldon Square. It was running a few minutes late, so I knew the driver wouldn't be hanging around... Fortunately, I made it. My luck had turned around thankfully, so I just enjoyed the journey on this at the time, rather than dwell on the other events of the morning. Like all Volvo Olympians, I was satisfied with it's performance; very few rattles or squeaks throughout the twenty minute ride to the MetroCentre, where I alighted. 

#100 – MetroCentre Transport Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street – (12:46 --- 13:01) – Stagecoach North East 22026 - MAN 18.220LF/Transbus ALX300
I saw a Wright Renown, 4907, operating the ''Toon Link'' 31 service back to Newcastle. I was about to go for that, when I saw a Stagecoach ALX300 sitting in front of it, idle. I noted the fleet number as 22026 as I boarded, before sitting just above the OAP section. This was my first ride on a Transbus bodied ALX300, I've been on a handful of Alexander bodied examples, as well as a couple of B10BLE powered Arriva ones; so this was something new. Very smooth it must be said, this vehicle handled the 100 route with no problems. Although it is just a short ride to Newcastle, it just took everything in it's stride. As I've said before, I really love how smart the ALX300s look in their Stagecoach livery, and it is always a treat to get to ride one. I left, along with everyone else, on Blackett Street, where I decided I would wait for the next ''Green Hybrid'' Stagecoach Enviro400 to show up. 

#40 – Newcastle, Blackett Street to Wallsend Metro Interchange – (13:05 --- 13:34) – Stagecoach North East 12079 – Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 Hybrid
I joined the queue to board this, which turned up a few minutes after I alighted the 100. Wasn't very impressed with this. The heat was incredible, and with all of the windows open, nothing seemed to improve, unfortunately. Add to this, a screaming little girl at the front upstairs (I chose to sit towards the rear of the middle) as well as the decent passenger numbers; it felt like quite a stuffy journey. Thankfully, people disembarked in Byker, which made it more tolerable. The interior was actually quite appalling; along the side of the bus inside was a massive stream of what I hope was spilled coffee... I'll not go into details, but it looked absolutely disgusting. I really wasn't happy with this journey, I was quite happy when I reached the terminus. A Metro had just arrived, so quite a few people were floating around. However, a couple of buses departed and the people from the Metro appeared to disperse, to the point that the interchange was deserted. A Volvo President, 6015, arrived in exchange for Dual-Door Renown 5157, which was swapped onto the 17 service to Whitley Bay. I managed a shot of it, before the next bus to Newcastle, another 40, arrived.  

#40 – Wallsend Metro Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street – (13:42 --- 14:13) – Stagecoach North East 12063 – Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 Hybrid
As with the previous journey, this was bad. We left Wallsend with just myself on board, but a decent number were picked up just outside of The Forum Shopping Centre. Two young boys and their father joined me upstairs; they pretended to shoot people and blow up cars from the front windows; screaming and jumping around for the entire journey. I was really annoyed about it, but kept a level head by listening to my music through my earphones. Thankfully, we reached Newcastle again, where I alighted. What annoyed me the most, was that the father wasn't really doing anything to stop the two boys from disturbing the journey for other passengers. It's your responsibility... Mechanically and internally, 12063 was better than 12079, which was my previous bus. 

#X25 – Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Red Lion – (14:25 --- 15:04) – Go North East 6019 – Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President
As I walked through Eldon Square Shopping Centre, I realised I had been so pre-occupied today, that I hadn't eaten anything. I wasn't exactly in a rush to get anywhere, so I headed into Gregg's for a Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melt. When I did get into Eldon Square's Bus Station, I saw a Volvo President on Percy Street, with the X25 back to Langley Park. I'd had a good day, so I decided to bring it to an end with a ride back to Chester-le-Street, on something other than the 21 or the X21. Pretty quiet, not many comments to make as I had my earphones in for just about the whole duration. However, I was amused by a bald man sitting at the front upstairs; the back of his head was wrinkled so it looked like a face. This machine didn't seem to struggle much with the climbs on this route; I personally think the healthiest B7TL Presidents in the fleet are at Chester-le-Street and Stanley.

#21 – Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Chester-le-Street, Clifford Terrace – (15:21 --- 15:25) – Go North East 6056 – Volvo B5LH/Wright Gemini 2
I ended up starting the day on the same vehicle type as I ended on, the ''Angel'' B5LH. I quickly made a trip to Tesco, before making it back for the 15:15 service to Durham. It was running roughly five minutes late; however I was very pleased to see that my driver was Pat Armstrong! I boarded and said hello, and she did likewise. Opted to sit downstairs, at the quadrant towards the rear, as it was such a short journey. Pat is always careful when she is behind the wheel, and plays the game by the rules.

I think today went okay; despite quite a few negatives, I'm happy I spread my wings a bit and went out of my comfort zone. Just for the variety, I decided I would go back to my original format of writing reviews; let me know if you'd like me to continue with the story format I have adopted over the past few months, or do it like this. Thank you for reading, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Smile

Marcus

27 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm #3,272
Got back on a outing again after a 2 week absence.

Walk into Brockely Whins Metro to find a Metro just pulling in to the station, Thought id use my football and sprinting skils to make the metro ( I am the fastest in year 7 if you didn't know... not being big headed! ) Sadly it didn't pay off missing the metro by a fraction so I took my time and found out the next metro was in only 7 minutes so a quick check on my phone to see what my friends are doing and in a flash my metro appears.

Journey 1 Brockely Whins Metro - Heworth Metro Metrocars 4034 and Unknown rear Metrocar ( Both Refurbished )
This journey was packed London underground style, I only managed to squeeze in with me faceplanting the door till Heworth and with Hot days comes the sweat off everyone exactly like Marcuses journey on the 40. This metrocar was excellent with no rattles or vibrations of the wheels just that noise from the articulated section
and finnaly I arrive at Heworth.....

I thought id wait for the 93 to Gateshead then the 95 or 96 to the Metrocentre to ride one of the ex Lime B10s but that didn't work then I remember that the train after mine at Brockely Whins showed Not Stopping after mine so I thought I would go down to the National Rail platforms to see what it was suspecting it was a Northern 142 to appear, a quick on realtime trains shows the train as being a Coal from Drax power station to Tyne Dock via Hartlepool and of course that would turn off at Boldon East Curve in the end not passing Heworth I then head for the 4 to Concord

Journey 2 Heworth Bus Interchange - Concord Bus Station Mercedes Banz Citaro 5360 (sorry forgot the time! )
I actually waited 17 minutes for the 4 and then 2 come at once! worrying about my X88 connection to the Metrocentre a jump on board and sit at the very front seats next to the doors and we get going. The driver was alright speed wise but for some reason decided to hold at 40 MPH on the road between Follingsby and Usworth .
the bus was full of passengers more people paying than OAP passes showing this has to be one of GNEs most profitable routes. Arriving into Concord 7 mins after the X88, and of course it runs every hour! so I have no choice but to wait.

I didn't know but Concord is Chav Central and some noticed I was wearing more expensive joggers and nike trainers than his dirty ones so started talking about me behind the shelter to his mates, if he was a bit younger and had less mates I probably had a fight with him or row with him but because he looked around 16/17 and had about 8 mates with him a thought it was best to hop onto the oncoming Citaro bound for the Galleries, catching the X88 from there....

Journey 3 Concord Bus Station - Washington Galleries Bus Station Mercedes Benz Citaro 5367 (sorry forgot the time! )
Just a quick journey of around 5 minuetes so nothing to comment about it really.

While in the Galleries a got board so decided to jog round to the retail park stop and catch it there, Then chatting to my friends again until something came that I was not expecting....

Journey 4 Washington Retail Park - Metrocentre Bus Station Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 6011
While in the Galleries I seen 3963 on the X88 back to Chav Central so thinking that it would return for me to ride to the Metrocentre but instead 6011 turns up sitting at the back of the bottom deck. The bus struggled a bit on little gradients but I suppose nearly all ex London B7s are like this, we then suddenly turn off at the Angel of the North going through low fell,Dunston and other areas eventually ending up at the Metrocentre with a very healthy amount of passengers waiting for the return journey. My dad then calls me and says hes in KFC next to the Bus Station so meet him there 2 and a half hours after leaving him and mam and sister at home.

so I tuck into my KFC and chat to my dad and then leave him again my dad going to look around the shops with my mam and me heading to Consett to find a Trident.

Journey 5 Metrocentre Interchage - Consett Bus Station Wright Streetshite Micro Hybrid 5401
So desperate to ride a Red Kite Branded Streetshite I waited and guess what turns up? a corporate one! at least it was one from the Lime order or Coast and Country.
I hated this journey because of one thing...it was a Streetlite theres only 3 windows all at the front, the heating is always on, the seats are shocking and the E leather Angry
Don't get me started on GNEs E leather it is disgusting arrgh!! atleast the scenery was nice, never been on the 45 before if only they had the Omnicities back thankfully arriving into Consett just before I nearly fainted off the heating!! and what do I see?

A trident on the X70!! and its a loylne,3876 to be exact.
Journey 6 Consett Bus Station - Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station Dennis Trident East Lancs Loylne 3876

Jumping off the Streetshite I ran to the Trident, I didn't really have time to have a look around the Bus Station but at east I got what I came out for.
This Trident is so good compared to others,who gets rid of these? I certainly wouldn't. True Workhorses with a great engine noise to go with it.it also had original seating and yellow bars and also original door bell pressers which I have not seen since stagecoach had Mini step entrance Darts with Alexander dash bodies and that was 7 years ago! the route is spectacular with views as far as Cumbria and the borders from my nippy loylne with the trident handling the hills and fast running with ease and comfort
not a E leather seat in sight! sadly this might be one if not last ride on one of my favourite buses from my childhood I remember riding this exact bus on the 50 from Sheilds all the way to Durham when it was based at Chester when I was around 3 years old before it moved to Sunderland Road
These buses replacements are also true powerful and trustworthy buses but them Scanias will never make me forget these Tridents.

Arriving into Eldon Square I decide to walk round to the Monument to catch the 27 to Jarrow everywhere is packed like normal.

Journey 7 Newcastle Monument - Jarrow Bus Station Mercedes Benz Citaro 5310
With a queue as long as long as long as a football pitch I doubted I would make this citaro but managed to make it on catching my favourite seat which was for some reason not taken driver done a few kickdowns and the bus quietened down after Monkton Lane and Hebburn arriving into a very quiet Jarrow bus station having just missed my 88 strait to my front door I waited for the 5...

Journey 8 Jarrow Bus Station - Lakes Estate A19 Bridge ( Banana Bridge ) Scania L94UB Wright Eclipse Solar 4966
Having Volvo B7RLE 4982 working the X40 in Monument earlier I knew one bus out of the usual 4 would not be one of my beloved B7RLEs and of course I catch it!
When the Scania pulled onto its stand I noticed it had been fitted with Eminox like the Solars of the Highwayman and Prince Bishops making this Solar Euro 5 compliant
Nothing much to comment on really just the ZF gearbox was slipping and the engine had that spraying sound normally found in Omnicities there was 8 passengers on over my 10 minute journey

with my house in sight all I had to do was either walk or run the 3 quarter mile route across the A19 into Brockely Whins and up the road home.
Thought id time myself running nonstop the 3 quarter mile doing it in 3 mins 43 seconds! im sure I said I am one of the fastest in my school Smile

Also note DAF SB120 Wright Cadets 8248 and 8252 still in service working Staff Shuttle and the 82A respectively.

Thanks for reading my very long review, Have a good weekend! Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
27 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm #3,272

Got back on a outing again after a 2 week absence.

Walk into Brockely Whins Metro to find a Metro just pulling in to the station, Thought id use my football and sprinting skils to make the metro ( I am the fastest in year 7 if you didn't know... not being big headed! ) Sadly it didn't pay off missing the metro by a fraction so I took my time and found out the next metro was in only 7 minutes so a quick check on my phone to see what my friends are doing and in a flash my metro appears.

Journey 1 Brockely Whins Metro - Heworth Metro Metrocars 4034 and Unknown rear Metrocar ( Both Refurbished )
This journey was packed London underground style, I only managed to squeeze in with me faceplanting the door till Heworth and with Hot days comes the sweat off everyone exactly like Marcuses journey on the 40. This metrocar was excellent with no rattles or vibrations of the wheels just that noise from the articulated section
and finnaly I arrive at Heworth.....

I thought id wait for the 93 to Gateshead then the 95 or 96 to the Metrocentre to ride one of the ex Lime B10s but that didn't work then I remember that the train after mine at Brockely Whins showed Not Stopping after mine so I thought I would go down to the National Rail platforms to see what it was suspecting it was a Northern 142 to appear, a quick on realtime trains shows the train as being a Coal from Drax power station to Tyne Dock via Hartlepool and of course that would turn off at Boldon East Curve in the end not passing Heworth I then head for the 4 to Concord

Journey 2 Heworth Bus Interchange - Concord Bus Station Mercedes Banz Citaro 5360 (sorry forgot the time! )
I actually waited 17 minutes for the 4 and then 2 come at once! worrying about my X88 connection to the Metrocentre a jump on board and sit at the very front seats next to the doors and we get going. The driver was alright speed wise but for some reason decided to hold at 40 MPH on the road between Follingsby and Usworth .
the bus was full of passengers more people paying than OAP passes showing this has to be one of GNEs most profitable routes. Arriving into Concord 7 mins after the X88, and of course it runs every hour! so I have no choice but to wait.

I didn't know but Concord is Chav Central and some noticed I was wearing more expensive joggers and nike trainers than his dirty ones so started talking about me behind the shelter to his mates, if he was a bit younger and had less mates I probably had a fight with him or row with him but because he looked around 16/17 and had about 8 mates with him a thought it was best to hop onto the oncoming Citaro bound for the Galleries, catching the X88 from there....

Journey 3 Concord Bus Station - Washington Galleries Bus Station Mercedes Benz Citaro 5367 (sorry forgot the time! )
Just a quick journey of around 5 minuetes so nothing to comment about it really.

While in the Galleries a got board so decided to jog round to the retail park stop and catch it there, Then chatting to my friends again until something came that I was not expecting....

Journey 4 Washington Retail Park - Metrocentre Bus Station Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 6011
While in the Galleries I seen 3963 on the X88 back to Chav Central so thinking that it would return for me to ride to the Metrocentre but instead 6011 turns up sitting at the back of the bottom deck. The bus struggled a bit on little gradients but I suppose nearly all ex London B7s are like this, we then suddenly turn off at the Angel of the North going through low fell,Dunston and other areas eventually ending up at the Metrocentre with a very healthy amount of passengers waiting for the return journey. My dad then calls me and says hes in KFC next to the Bus Station so meet him there 2 and a half hours after leaving him and mam and sister at home.

so I tuck into my KFC and chat to my dad and then leave him again my dad going to look around the shops with my mam and me heading to Consett to find a Trident.

Journey 5 Metrocentre Interchage - Consett Bus Station Wright Streetshite Micro Hybrid 5401
So desperate to ride a Red Kite Branded Streetshite I waited and guess what turns up? a corporate one! at least it was one from the Lime order or Coast and Country.
I hated this journey because of one thing...it was a Streetlite theres only 3 windows all at the front, the heating is always on, the seats are shocking and the E leather Angry
Don't get me started on GNEs E leather it is disgusting arrgh!! atleast the scenery was nice, never been on the 45 before if only they had the Omnicities back thankfully arriving into Consett just before I nearly fainted off the heating!! and what do I see?

A trident on the X70!! and its a loylne,3876 to be exact.
Journey 6 Consett Bus Station - Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station Dennis Trident East Lancs Loylne 3876

Jumping off the Streetshite I ran to the Trident, I didn't really have time to have a look around the Bus Station but at east I got what I came out for.
This Trident is so good compared to others,who gets rid of these? I certainly wouldn't. True Workhorses with a great engine noise to go with it.it also had original seating and yellow bars and also original door bell pressers which I have not seen since stagecoach had Mini step entrance Darts with Alexander dash bodies and that was 7 years ago! the route is spectacular with views as far as Cumbria and the borders from my nippy loylne with the trident handling the hills and fast running with ease and comfort
not a E leather seat in sight! sadly this might be one if not last ride on one of my favourite buses from my childhood I remember riding this exact bus on the 50 from Sheilds all the way to Durham when it was based at Chester when I was around 3 years old before it moved to Sunderland Road
These buses replacements are also true powerful and trustworthy buses but them Scanias will never make me forget these Tridents.

Arriving into Eldon Square I decide to walk round to the Monument to catch the 27 to Jarrow everywhere is packed like normal.

Journey 7 Newcastle Monument - Jarrow Bus Station Mercedes Benz Citaro 5310
With a queue as long as long as long as a football pitch I doubted I would make this citaro but managed to make it on catching my favourite seat which was for some reason not taken driver done a few kickdowns and the bus quietened down after Monkton Lane and Hebburn arriving into a very quiet Jarrow bus station having just missed my 88 strait to my front door I waited for the 5...

Journey 8 Jarrow Bus Station - Lakes Estate A19 Bridge ( Banana Bridge ) Scania L94UB Wright Eclipse Solar 4966
Having Volvo B7RLE 4982 working the X40 in Monument earlier I knew one bus out of the usual 4 would not be one of my beloved B7RLEs and of course I catch it!
When the Scania pulled onto its stand I noticed it had been fitted with Eminox like the Solars of the Highwayman and Prince Bishops making this Solar Euro 5 compliant
Nothing much to comment on really just the ZF gearbox was slipping and the engine had that spraying sound normally found in Omnicities there was 8 passengers on over my 10 minute journey

with my house in sight all I had to do was either walk or run the 3 quarter mile route across the A19 into Brockely Whins and up the road home.
Thought id time myself running nonstop the 3 quarter mile doing it in 3 mins 43 seconds! im sure I said I am one of the fastest in my school Smile

Also note DAF SB120 Wright Cadets 8248 and 8252 still in service working Staff Shuttle and the 82A respectively.

Thanks for reading my very long review, Have a good weekend! Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Charles41

28 Jun 2015, 11:35 am #3,273
Yesterday I took a trip to Middlesbrough and Whitby as I wanted to experience Arriva’s X93 Coastal Service. I caught the X9 from Gateshead Metro at 8.40. This was operated by GNE 6045. The journey was fine and went ahead without any hitches, despite the motorway being busy. We arrived in Middlesbrough on time.

After getting some food I did a bit of spotting at Middlesbrough bus station. There was a young guy taking photos of buses when I arrived. Perhaps this was Jimmi? I always enjoy visiting Middlesbrough due to the wide variety of vehicles present. I usually take a look at the Stagecoach garage at Stockton when visiting Teesside but did not have time on this occasion.

I caught the 10.20 X93 to Whitby, this was Arriva’s 7404. The bus was two thirds full of day trippers when if left Middlesbrough. By the time we set off from Guisborough all seats were taken. I had a window seat on the top deck. I would recommend this journey to anyone. The views over the North Yorks moors are specular. Despite being fully laden, the bus handled the moorland roads without any problems. We passed the garage of Skelton Coaches on the way which would appear to have a large fleet. The bus was slightly late arriving at Whitby due to traffic using the new park and ride facility.

On arrival at Whitby, I had lunch and decided to take some photos of the Coastal & Country Coaches open top vehicles. At this point disaster struck, despite making sure I had plenty of memory on my camera phone before leaving the house, it would not allow me to take any further photos. Not only that, I had lost the photos I had stored on my phone. I was gutted and could not get the camera to work at all. Despite this set back I did a bit spotting at bus station and went to look at the stream train in Whitby station.

I then decided to walk to the small Arriva garage at Stainsacre Industrial Estate. It was the first time I had visited this location. The last time I visited Whitby spotting was the late 1980’s. At that time the United Automobile Services garage was on Upgang Lane. I took a short cut over some uncultivated fields and through a housing estate arriving at the industrial estate after about 20 minutes walk.

Turning into Fairfield Way on the industrial estate, I was pleasantly surprised to see Wilkinson Travel of South Shields VIL6634 which is named Lady Penney 2. The vehicle was parked up and I assume it was on a day trip. I found the Arriva garage without any problems. It’s located on the same plot as Esk Valley Coaches. Esk Valley’s staff were happy for me to look round. Among the Esk Valley vehicles I spotted ex Tanseys Coaches Limited Scania RIL7205. The Esk Valley Coaches plot is also home to Abbey Taxis, who operate some non-psv minibuses. I was surprised to find Arriva Temsa 4720 parked up at the garage, as I did not think such vehicles operated in the Whitby area. I thanked the staff for letting me look around and proceeded to Coastal and Country’s garage which was a couple of minutes walk away.

The staff were OK about me looking around, but the yard looked quite empty at first glance. However there were a substantial number of vehicles at the rear of the garage. Present were vintage 399ETB and 696UXO. Both vehicles looked absolutely tremendous are a real credit to their owner. I wish that I had been able to photograph them. Also present was open topper X596EGK which looked very smart. After leaving the garage I walked down the main road to Whitby. There were a number of coaches parked up which were on Whitby for trips. Among these was Roxby’s Mercedes CU10AKZ from Hetton Le Hole.

I looked around Whitby for a bit and went and visited the Whalebone on the sea front. Time was getting on so I caught the 14.58 X93 back. This was operated by Arriva 7402. The bus was not as full as 7404 but still carried a respectable load. The journey was uneventful and again I was lucky to get an upstairs window seat. We arrived back in Middlesbrough on time. I did a bit spotting at the bus station until 17.00.

My final bus of the day was GNE 6043 on the X9. There were no issues with the journey, the bus arriving at Gateshead Metro on time. However a bee scared a young lady sitting on the rear back seat and she then swore repeatedly to her friend for the remainder of the time until we reached Gateshead.

It was a really good day out; the weather was excellent, Whitby was lovely and the buses were interesting. I strongly recommend the X93 for a trip out. I would like to do this journey again in winter as the moors must look amazing when covered with snow. Now all I need to do is buy a new camera!

Charles
Charles41
28 Jun 2015, 11:35 am #3,273

Yesterday I took a trip to Middlesbrough and Whitby as I wanted to experience Arriva’s X93 Coastal Service. I caught the X9 from Gateshead Metro at 8.40. This was operated by GNE 6045. The journey was fine and went ahead without any hitches, despite the motorway being busy. We arrived in Middlesbrough on time.

After getting some food I did a bit of spotting at Middlesbrough bus station. There was a young guy taking photos of buses when I arrived. Perhaps this was Jimmi? I always enjoy visiting Middlesbrough due to the wide variety of vehicles present. I usually take a look at the Stagecoach garage at Stockton when visiting Teesside but did not have time on this occasion.

I caught the 10.20 X93 to Whitby, this was Arriva’s 7404. The bus was two thirds full of day trippers when if left Middlesbrough. By the time we set off from Guisborough all seats were taken. I had a window seat on the top deck. I would recommend this journey to anyone. The views over the North Yorks moors are specular. Despite being fully laden, the bus handled the moorland roads without any problems. We passed the garage of Skelton Coaches on the way which would appear to have a large fleet. The bus was slightly late arriving at Whitby due to traffic using the new park and ride facility.

On arrival at Whitby, I had lunch and decided to take some photos of the Coastal & Country Coaches open top vehicles. At this point disaster struck, despite making sure I had plenty of memory on my camera phone before leaving the house, it would not allow me to take any further photos. Not only that, I had lost the photos I had stored on my phone. I was gutted and could not get the camera to work at all. Despite this set back I did a bit spotting at bus station and went to look at the stream train in Whitby station.

I then decided to walk to the small Arriva garage at Stainsacre Industrial Estate. It was the first time I had visited this location. The last time I visited Whitby spotting was the late 1980’s. At that time the United Automobile Services garage was on Upgang Lane. I took a short cut over some uncultivated fields and through a housing estate arriving at the industrial estate after about 20 minutes walk.

Turning into Fairfield Way on the industrial estate, I was pleasantly surprised to see Wilkinson Travel of South Shields VIL6634 which is named Lady Penney 2. The vehicle was parked up and I assume it was on a day trip. I found the Arriva garage without any problems. It’s located on the same plot as Esk Valley Coaches. Esk Valley’s staff were happy for me to look round. Among the Esk Valley vehicles I spotted ex Tanseys Coaches Limited Scania RIL7205. The Esk Valley Coaches plot is also home to Abbey Taxis, who operate some non-psv minibuses. I was surprised to find Arriva Temsa 4720 parked up at the garage, as I did not think such vehicles operated in the Whitby area. I thanked the staff for letting me look around and proceeded to Coastal and Country’s garage which was a couple of minutes walk away.

The staff were OK about me looking around, but the yard looked quite empty at first glance. However there were a substantial number of vehicles at the rear of the garage. Present were vintage 399ETB and 696UXO. Both vehicles looked absolutely tremendous are a real credit to their owner. I wish that I had been able to photograph them. Also present was open topper X596EGK which looked very smart. After leaving the garage I walked down the main road to Whitby. There were a number of coaches parked up which were on Whitby for trips. Among these was Roxby’s Mercedes CU10AKZ from Hetton Le Hole.

I looked around Whitby for a bit and went and visited the Whalebone on the sea front. Time was getting on so I caught the 14.58 X93 back. This was operated by Arriva 7402. The bus was not as full as 7404 but still carried a respectable load. The journey was uneventful and again I was lucky to get an upstairs window seat. We arrived back in Middlesbrough on time. I did a bit spotting at the bus station until 17.00.

My final bus of the day was GNE 6043 on the X9. There were no issues with the journey, the bus arriving at Gateshead Metro on time. However a bee scared a young lady sitting on the rear back seat and she then swore repeatedly to her friend for the remainder of the time until we reached Gateshead.

It was a really good day out; the weather was excellent, Whitby was lovely and the buses were interesting. I strongly recommend the X93 for a trip out. I would like to do this journey again in winter as the moors must look amazing when covered with snow. Now all I need to do is buy a new camera!

Charles

Jimmi

28 Jun 2015, 11:41 am #3,274
(28 Jun 2015, 11:35 am)Charles41 After getting some food I did a bit of spotting at Middlesbrough bus station. There was a young guy taking photos of buses when I arrived. Perhaps this was Jimmi?

Yeah this was me.

Sorry I didn't go up and talk to you but I get nervous going over and talking to people, especially if I haven't met them before.
Jimmi
28 Jun 2015, 11:41 am #3,274

(28 Jun 2015, 11:35 am)Charles41 After getting some food I did a bit of spotting at Middlesbrough bus station. There was a young guy taking photos of buses when I arrived. Perhaps this was Jimmi?

Yeah this was me.

Sorry I didn't go up and talk to you but I get nervous going over and talking to people, especially if I haven't met them before.

tyresmoke

28 Jun 2015, 12:54 pm #3,275
To save you a bit of a walk from Whitby, you can catch service 94 (it runs every half hour) and get off as it turns into Eskdale estate, this is about a 7-8 min walk from the depots of Esk Valley and Coastal & Country, which are just behind Sainsburys

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
28 Jun 2015, 12:54 pm #3,275

To save you a bit of a walk from Whitby, you can catch service 94 (it runs every half hour) and get off as it turns into Eskdale estate, this is about a 7-8 min walk from the depots of Esk Valley and Coastal & Country, which are just behind Sainsburys

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Jimmi

29 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm #3,276
As I had to go somewhere this afternoon I thought instead of going straight home I thought I'd have an outing following the last few awful trips out.

It started out well and I was enjoying it. Sadly I had two chavs come up to me and took the mick and if that wasn't bad enough on the last bus I was on I ended up with two chavy morons sat next to me who had a dog which wouldn't sit still and ended up climbing on me for the remainder of the journey. Also the bus nearly left the stop I wanted to be off at as I couldn't get past these brain dead morons which annoyed the passenger who was about to board the bus as everyone else had got off at this stop long before I did.

So I now want to ride buses even less than I did the other day. I think I am now at breaking point now with riding buses for fun as it has not been fun at all recently which is a massive worry as this is how I spend a large amount of my spare time.
Jimmi
29 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm #3,276

As I had to go somewhere this afternoon I thought instead of going straight home I thought I'd have an outing following the last few awful trips out.

It started out well and I was enjoying it. Sadly I had two chavs come up to me and took the mick and if that wasn't bad enough on the last bus I was on I ended up with two chavy morons sat next to me who had a dog which wouldn't sit still and ended up climbing on me for the remainder of the journey. Also the bus nearly left the stop I wanted to be off at as I couldn't get past these brain dead morons which annoyed the passenger who was about to board the bus as everyone else had got off at this stop long before I did.

So I now want to ride buses even less than I did the other day. I think I am now at breaking point now with riding buses for fun as it has not been fun at all recently which is a massive worry as this is how I spend a large amount of my spare time.

idiot

30 Jun 2015, 1:47 pm #3,277
My bike ride on Sunday was more enjoyable than a bus journey any day lol. Shame it was overcast and a driver of a Q2 bus nearer swiped me out!
idiot
30 Jun 2015, 1:47 pm #3,277

My bike ride on Sunday was more enjoyable than a bus journey any day lol. Shame it was overcast and a driver of a Q2 bus nearer swiped me out!

Jimmi

04 Jul 2015, 8:45 am #3,278
All the sun we had this week and I have an outing today and it's raining.

Trust me to get 4811 on the 21/X21 for an hour and a half with WiFi which isn't working and the car behind us is blaring the horn because 4811 is slow.
Edited 04 Jul 2015, 9:27 am by Jimmi.
Jimmi
04 Jul 2015, 8:45 am #3,278

All the sun we had this week and I have an outing today and it's raining.

Trust me to get 4811 on the 21/X21 for an hour and a half with WiFi which isn't working and the car behind us is blaring the horn because 4811 is slow.

Jimmi

04 Jul 2015, 11:41 am #3,279
URGENT QUESTION!!!

Anyone know where the 20/20A is stopping in South Shields due to road closures for a pride parade?
Jimmi
04 Jul 2015, 11:41 am #3,279

URGENT QUESTION!!!

Anyone know where the 20/20A is stopping in South Shields due to road closures for a pride parade?

S813 FVK

04 Jul 2015, 11:44 am #3,280
(04 Jul 2015, 11:41 am)Jimmi URGENT QUESTION!!!

Between 12.30 and 2.30pm, Westoe Road and Fowler Street will be closed completely to all traffic, resulting in all bus services, except Service 516, operating normal diversionary route from Chichester Metro via Beaufront Terrace, Laygate, Western Approach, Station Road and Ferry Street to Church Way/Chapter Row, where services will terminate.
S813 FVK
04 Jul 2015, 11:44 am #3,280

(04 Jul 2015, 11:41 am)Jimmi URGENT QUESTION!!!

Between 12.30 and 2.30pm, Westoe Road and Fowler Street will be closed completely to all traffic, resulting in all bus services, except Service 516, operating normal diversionary route from Chichester Metro via Beaufront Terrace, Laygate, Western Approach, Station Road and Ferry Street to Church Way/Chapter Row, where services will terminate.

Pages (239) Previous 1163 164 165239 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average