Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (239) Previous 1229 230 231239 Next
Jimmi

19 Feb 2017, 10:56 pm #4,581
(19 Feb 2017, 10:15 pm)BusLoverMum We'll have crossed paths, then, as Big'un and I were on 24002, leaving Newcastle at 12:55.

I actually got 24002 on the 12:07 run from Sunderland, but was pretty much straight off the bus at Newcastle to get a photo then had to quickly walk up Pilgrim Street to catch a photo of one of the silver hospital branded Solo's unusually working Nexus service 6.

Unsure yet if I'll review yesterday's outing or not, depends if I can get chance and if I can be bothered.
Jimmi
19 Feb 2017, 10:56 pm #4,581

(19 Feb 2017, 10:15 pm)BusLoverMum We'll have crossed paths, then, as Big'un and I were on 24002, leaving Newcastle at 12:55.

I actually got 24002 on the 12:07 run from Sunderland, but was pretty much straight off the bus at Newcastle to get a photo then had to quickly walk up Pilgrim Street to catch a photo of one of the silver hospital branded Solo's unusually working Nexus service 6.

Unsure yet if I'll review yesterday's outing or not, depends if I can get chance and if I can be bothered.

Pulsar

20 Feb 2017, 12:00 am #4,582
Seems I was just at the wrong timings to see people yesterday then!

From what I saw yesterday, more people were aware than 2 weeks ago about this service as there were fuller loads and when I went past Pilgrim Street again later in the day, there were large queues each time. I would definitely choose it over the metro again. I agree that as the word spreads further it will become even more popular.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
20 Feb 2017, 12:00 am #4,582

Seems I was just at the wrong timings to see people yesterday then!

From what I saw yesterday, more people were aware than 2 weeks ago about this service as there were fuller loads and when I went past Pilgrim Street again later in the day, there were large queues each time. I would definitely choose it over the metro again. I agree that as the word spreads further it will become even more popular.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

Jamie M

Unregistered

L469 YVK

20 Feb 2017, 11:34 am #4,584
(20 Feb 2017, 12:00 am)Pulsar Seems I was just at the wrong timings to see people yesterday then!

I wonder if Stagey took the idea from Transdev's CityZap service? Very good move and hope it pays off in the long run.
L469 YVK
20 Feb 2017, 11:34 am #4,584

(20 Feb 2017, 12:00 am)Pulsar Seems I was just at the wrong timings to see people yesterday then!

I wonder if Stagey took the idea from Transdev's CityZap service? Very good move and hope it pays off in the long run.

Jimmi

20 Feb 2017, 1:21 pm #4,585

Judging by the time you reported to have seen 7466 on the X11 on Saturday, we must have been in the same sort of area as I got off 7466 on the X10 at Barras Bridge at around 17:00 as a newly refurbished MAX Pulsar was following behind on the 44 to Newcastle, so jumped off there for a photo of it then went down to Newgate Street for the Weardale X21.
Jimmi
20 Feb 2017, 1:21 pm #4,585

Judging by the time you reported to have seen 7466 on the X11 on Saturday, we must have been in the same sort of area as I got off 7466 on the X10 at Barras Bridge at around 17:00 as a newly refurbished MAX Pulsar was following behind on the 44 to Newcastle, so jumped off there for a photo of it then went down to Newgate Street for the Weardale X21.

Michael

20 Feb 2017, 4:25 pm #4,586
Glad to see the numbers on the X24 are increasing, hopefully it gets to the point where Stagecoach will introduce a Sunday service (even if every 2 hours)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Feb 2017, 4:25 pm #4,586

Glad to see the numbers on the X24 are increasing, hopefully it gets to the point where Stagecoach will introduce a Sunday service (even if every 2 hours)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

20 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm #4,587
(20 Feb 2017, 4:25 pm)Michael Glad to see the numbers on the X24 are increasing, hopefully it gets to the point where Stagecoach will introduce a Sunday service (even if every 2 hours)

Yep used it today and was quite busy heading to Newcastle (the 14:50 ish departure) and there was a big queue waiting at Pilgrim Street when I got off. 

I think it was you asking about the 18 too well I saw one today and it only had one passenger on (think it was the 18A actually) when I saw it around Seaburn so not doing very well it seems.
Tom
20 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm #4,587

(20 Feb 2017, 4:25 pm)Michael Glad to see the numbers on the X24 are increasing, hopefully it gets to the point where Stagecoach will introduce a Sunday service (even if every 2 hours)

Yep used it today and was quite busy heading to Newcastle (the 14:50 ish departure) and there was a big queue waiting at Pilgrim Street when I got off. 

I think it was you asking about the 18 too well I saw one today and it only had one passenger on (think it was the 18A actually) when I saw it around Seaburn so not doing very well it seems.

Michael

20 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm #4,588
(20 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm)Tom Yep used it today and was quite busy heading to Newcastle (the 14:50 ish departure) and there was a big queue waiting at Pilgrim Street when I got off. 

More the better, looks like it's been a big hit (from people's reviews on here), not sure how it's doing overall - would be nice for Stagecoach to give us some feedback but don't think they will.

I do wonder if "Go North East" will launch a similar service though... can't see the X36 lasting. 

The 18 will be gone by end of the year, they're slowly withdrawing it, it won't be a miss, it literally goes to most places in Sunderland where Stagecoach serve.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm #4,588

(20 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm)Tom Yep used it today and was quite busy heading to Newcastle (the 14:50 ish departure) and there was a big queue waiting at Pilgrim Street when I got off. 

More the better, looks like it's been a big hit (from people's reviews on here), not sure how it's doing overall - would be nice for Stagecoach to give us some feedback but don't think they will.

I do wonder if "Go North East" will launch a similar service though... can't see the X36 lasting. 

The 18 will be gone by end of the year, they're slowly withdrawing it, it won't be a miss, it literally goes to most places in Sunderland where Stagecoach serve.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

20 Feb 2017, 8:03 pm #4,589
My outing on February 18th 2017.

0846 X21 Newton Aycliffe - Seaham, Byron Place (ANE 4809)
Was hoping not to get 4811 on this service for once and sure enough, I didn't, sadly I got this instead. Sadly I rarely ever manage to get the ex demos and always end up with the slower 13 reg examples, the doors take ages to open and close on this one following a incident in Darlington a few years back. Got off at Seaham, Byron Place to get some photos of the Wear Xpress Solo SR's but sure enough a Solar would be one of the buses that turned up, so that spoilt things slightly.

1041 X6 Seaham Byron Place - Sunderland (GNE 691)
Jumped on this to Sunderland, including myself there was 10 passengers on until I departed which is roughly the same as the previous journey on the X21 carried. Pretty laid back trip on this to Sunderland sat at the back on this.

1213 X24 Sunderland, Holmeside - Newcastle, Pilgrim Street (SNE 24002)
Had trouble locating the stop this service leaves from on Holmeside, it was down on one stop on the paper timetables but the screen at another stop and Google Maps had it from leaving from another stop which is the one I decided to wait at and sure enough I was wrong, just pleased people were waiting for it meaning I caught 24002 through to Newcastle. Wasn't sure what to make of it at first, seemed slow and sounded rough heading along Chester Road but seemed alright once it got on the A19. I sat by the emergency exit door which had an amazing amount of legroom, could stretch my legs right out and was barely touching the seat in front. Quick journey on this, must use it again in future.

1348 X16 Newcastle Haymarket - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 1408)
Stood around Eldon Square for a little while hoping for something decent (7439 especially) but nowt was peaking my interest, but then saw Jesmond based Great North Road routes branded 7476 randomly working the X21 to Newbiggin but got a dud photo, so decided to catch it again at Ashington on it's way back to Newcastle later, so I decided to go to Ashington via Morpeth, the Morpeth leg was provided by 1408, this provided a fast journey with a nice thrash, just a pity there was an annoying interior rattle from the back at points.

1455 35 Morpeth Bus Station - Ashington Bus Station (ANE 4659)
Decided to reject the first 35 which was StreetLite 1580 and instead gambled on the next one which payed off in the form of MAX Omnicity 4659, unfortunately as it was running late it was rather busy, in fact I stood the whole way to Ashington although I could have got a seat if I wanted to. One downside to Arriva's OmniCity's (excluding 4660-4664) is that they only have a wheelchair bay, so it was a bit of a squeeze getting three pushchairs on and then to make matters worse, five or six kids all wanted to be on, all of them with scooters and of course the driver let them on and just about every one of them smashed them into me as they got past. As we got closer to Ashington, some old guy decided it would be a good idea to stand just behind me, on the opposite side of the aisle and of course this meant no-one getting off could get past and sure enough I'm the one that got the dirty looks for that! Dodgy  This journey just got later and later which then made me think I'd miss 7476 and sure enough as we were pulling into Ashington Bus Station, 7476 pulled out, jumped off 4659 and ran like mad onto the main road and managed the flukiest shot ever between the traffic with the blind showing clearly, oh and it wouldn't be a trip to Ashington without chavy children taking the mick out of you for taking photos.

1535 1 Ashington Bus Station - Blyth Bus Station (ANE 1772)
Next ride was a good old MPD, this one performed brilliantly, seemed to still have some power and made for a great run. The interior is looking a bit worn now though.

1610ish? X10 Blyth Bus Station - Newcastle, Barras Bridge (ANE 7466)
This was on the other side of Blyth Bus Station when I got off 1772, so went with this as I figured it would be more enjoyable than a VDL Gemini and sure enough it was, this bus sounded fantastic plus it was powerful and pretty quick. Somewhere in the Cramlington area a young lad didn't look amused as the driver made him pay the fare as I'm guessing there was some issue as he was showing his phone but driver was having non of it, think he tried a bit of arguing but that failed. Alighted at Barras Bridge to snap a recently refurbished MAX Pulsar which was following behind us from Regent Centre on the 44. Here's a video I recorded of my trip on 7466: https://youtu.be/dXU6GqbsjSo

1735 X21 Newcastle, Newgate Street - Crook (Weardale YH66VMO)
Decided to sample this Yutong ZK6126HGA demonstrator again, the seats in the bus are terrible, mostly metal and very little padding in the fabric, other than that I think it's actually a rather comfortable ride, for some reason it kind of reminds me of a MAN EcoCity, possibly just the way the interior is.

1849 X46 Crook - Nevilles Cross (ANE 7417)
The fastest way home was to go back towards Durham rather than head via Bishop Auckland, so I got the X46 back towards Durham. We seemed to stop quite a lot on this journey which surprised me, pretty much every time I get it through the daytime it picks up very little, most seemed to be heading into Durham City Centre. This one seemed pretty quick and sounded quite good. I alighted at Nevilles Cross in order to catch my next bus...

1919 7 Nevilles Cross - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1416)
Made the connection between the X46 and 7 at Nevilles Cross as the 7 left Durham Bus Station before the X46 was due in. No doubt as a result of 7536 being on Metro Replacements, I instead ended up with MAX Pulsar 1416 which at least made a change to the usual Sapphire buses on the 7, this one seems to be a reasonably quick one.

Thanks for reading.

Here is that fluky shot of 7476 on the X21 again (I did crop it slightly).
[Image: 32162446203_31cdd24681.jpg]Arriva North East: 7476 / W398VGJ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Jimmi
20 Feb 2017, 8:03 pm #4,589

My outing on February 18th 2017.

0846 X21 Newton Aycliffe - Seaham, Byron Place (ANE 4809)
Was hoping not to get 4811 on this service for once and sure enough, I didn't, sadly I got this instead. Sadly I rarely ever manage to get the ex demos and always end up with the slower 13 reg examples, the doors take ages to open and close on this one following a incident in Darlington a few years back. Got off at Seaham, Byron Place to get some photos of the Wear Xpress Solo SR's but sure enough a Solar would be one of the buses that turned up, so that spoilt things slightly.

1041 X6 Seaham Byron Place - Sunderland (GNE 691)
Jumped on this to Sunderland, including myself there was 10 passengers on until I departed which is roughly the same as the previous journey on the X21 carried. Pretty laid back trip on this to Sunderland sat at the back on this.

1213 X24 Sunderland, Holmeside - Newcastle, Pilgrim Street (SNE 24002)
Had trouble locating the stop this service leaves from on Holmeside, it was down on one stop on the paper timetables but the screen at another stop and Google Maps had it from leaving from another stop which is the one I decided to wait at and sure enough I was wrong, just pleased people were waiting for it meaning I caught 24002 through to Newcastle. Wasn't sure what to make of it at first, seemed slow and sounded rough heading along Chester Road but seemed alright once it got on the A19. I sat by the emergency exit door which had an amazing amount of legroom, could stretch my legs right out and was barely touching the seat in front. Quick journey on this, must use it again in future.

1348 X16 Newcastle Haymarket - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 1408)
Stood around Eldon Square for a little while hoping for something decent (7439 especially) but nowt was peaking my interest, but then saw Jesmond based Great North Road routes branded 7476 randomly working the X21 to Newbiggin but got a dud photo, so decided to catch it again at Ashington on it's way back to Newcastle later, so I decided to go to Ashington via Morpeth, the Morpeth leg was provided by 1408, this provided a fast journey with a nice thrash, just a pity there was an annoying interior rattle from the back at points.

1455 35 Morpeth Bus Station - Ashington Bus Station (ANE 4659)
Decided to reject the first 35 which was StreetLite 1580 and instead gambled on the next one which payed off in the form of MAX Omnicity 4659, unfortunately as it was running late it was rather busy, in fact I stood the whole way to Ashington although I could have got a seat if I wanted to. One downside to Arriva's OmniCity's (excluding 4660-4664) is that they only have a wheelchair bay, so it was a bit of a squeeze getting three pushchairs on and then to make matters worse, five or six kids all wanted to be on, all of them with scooters and of course the driver let them on and just about every one of them smashed them into me as they got past. As we got closer to Ashington, some old guy decided it would be a good idea to stand just behind me, on the opposite side of the aisle and of course this meant no-one getting off could get past and sure enough I'm the one that got the dirty looks for that! Dodgy  This journey just got later and later which then made me think I'd miss 7476 and sure enough as we were pulling into Ashington Bus Station, 7476 pulled out, jumped off 4659 and ran like mad onto the main road and managed the flukiest shot ever between the traffic with the blind showing clearly, oh and it wouldn't be a trip to Ashington without chavy children taking the mick out of you for taking photos.

1535 1 Ashington Bus Station - Blyth Bus Station (ANE 1772)
Next ride was a good old MPD, this one performed brilliantly, seemed to still have some power and made for a great run. The interior is looking a bit worn now though.

1610ish? X10 Blyth Bus Station - Newcastle, Barras Bridge (ANE 7466)
This was on the other side of Blyth Bus Station when I got off 1772, so went with this as I figured it would be more enjoyable than a VDL Gemini and sure enough it was, this bus sounded fantastic plus it was powerful and pretty quick. Somewhere in the Cramlington area a young lad didn't look amused as the driver made him pay the fare as I'm guessing there was some issue as he was showing his phone but driver was having non of it, think he tried a bit of arguing but that failed. Alighted at Barras Bridge to snap a recently refurbished MAX Pulsar which was following behind us from Regent Centre on the 44. Here's a video I recorded of my trip on 7466: https://youtu.be/dXU6GqbsjSo

1735 X21 Newcastle, Newgate Street - Crook (Weardale YH66VMO)
Decided to sample this Yutong ZK6126HGA demonstrator again, the seats in the bus are terrible, mostly metal and very little padding in the fabric, other than that I think it's actually a rather comfortable ride, for some reason it kind of reminds me of a MAN EcoCity, possibly just the way the interior is.

1849 X46 Crook - Nevilles Cross (ANE 7417)
The fastest way home was to go back towards Durham rather than head via Bishop Auckland, so I got the X46 back towards Durham. We seemed to stop quite a lot on this journey which surprised me, pretty much every time I get it through the daytime it picks up very little, most seemed to be heading into Durham City Centre. This one seemed pretty quick and sounded quite good. I alighted at Nevilles Cross in order to catch my next bus...

1919 7 Nevilles Cross - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1416)
Made the connection between the X46 and 7 at Nevilles Cross as the 7 left Durham Bus Station before the X46 was due in. No doubt as a result of 7536 being on Metro Replacements, I instead ended up with MAX Pulsar 1416 which at least made a change to the usual Sapphire buses on the 7, this one seems to be a reasonably quick one.

Thanks for reading.

Here is that fluky shot of 7476 on the X21 again (I did crop it slightly).
[Image: 32162446203_31cdd24681.jpg]Arriva North East: 7476 / W398VGJ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

22 Feb 2017, 10:17 pm #4,590
Not something I do often, but why not.

Woke quite early this morning to the news that the Streetdeck was going to be out today. But first I had the oppotunity to move my car to a more desired parking spot nearer to my house.

With that out of the way, it was off to the bus stop for the 22 to Toon. Get to the bus stop in perfect time for the 22 with my waiting time of being about 5 seconds. During the journey to Toon, I received details of 80028s workings, and lo and behold I would time it perfectly for the trip to Whickham View in Newcastle.

Waited on Pilgrim St, 80028 turned up slightly late and couldn't get onto the stop and resulted in me climbing a roadworks barrier. Was concerned that the bus wouldn't have any layover time at Whickham View with the later running, but with the schools being off 80028 made it to the terminus on time for it's 5 min layover.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Couple of photos later, then it was back on 80028 to the Freeman Hospital this time, uneventful trip did notice a youngun taking a photo on Westgate Rd near the Carling Academy. Got to Freeman, some more photos, then trip back to Toon on it.

Decided to hang around Pilgrim Street for a short while as I noted a few Kinetics out and about on the 10 / 11 and since I have a soft spot for them for being a rare vehicle type (only 17 of them built), I managed to get 22515 from Pilgrim St to North Kenton. A number of things delayed the journey, so it departed pretty much straight away from Kenton.

I decided to return to Newcastle on 22081 and alighted in Grainger Street after a pretty fast run.

After grabbing a quick sandwich and hoping that Weardales Chinese Takeout was on the X21 (It wasn't), I decided to get the 22 to go past the coach park to see if there was anything interesting in (There was just a Solo, so thats a big nope). The 22 turned up and it was driven by Stan, the guy who was behind that Bristol LH trip in January, and he was driving MAN 22022 instead of the usual ADL Enviro 400. So a journey to Lemington was done where I alighted to catch the 6 to the Metrocentre which was one of the MANviro 200s.

The visit to the Metrocentre was brief as I decided since I had already been on 4 MAN buses, I would seek out the other 2 type of MAN buses that see use in Tyne and Wear, first one was easy as Stagecoach now uses MANviro 300s on the Metrocentre Shuttle 100. A quick run to Newcastle, and a brief worrying moment about high winds as it approached the Redheugh Bridge, but fortuantley the winds didn't cause any issues.

The other type of MAN bus in Tyne and Wear would be more difficult and only ran to Sunderland, so it was onboard the fantastic X24 service with Scania 24001 being my steed to Wearside.

More excellent timing meant I only had a short wait for the X21 which I caught to Grangetown, and this will annoy Jimmi, it was former Demo 4812. But nonetheless that was my MANathon complete.

Back to Sunderland in a bit to get one of the freshly branded Solo SRs for the WearXpress, annoyingly the first one I saw was a Scania Solar, so after alighting at the Interchange I had the misfortune of spotting a certain enthusiast who seems to change his name every few months along with two others. I don't know half of you younguns, so I'm usually reluctent to talk to them. I took the decision to go and photo at the junction of Mary St and Stockton Road, and got some pretty good shots...
635 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
692 (F) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
692 ® - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
699 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Unfortuantley not the best photos, but they do for now, will probably try for better shots in a few weeks after I return from my holidays.

Anyway having done this, I noted my phone battery was low. so decided to take a trip on a Streetlite to South Shields on the 20A (or 28 as the next stop seemed to pronounce), and suprise suprise the plugs / USB ports weren't working. Was rather annoyed when I alighted, so decided to have a trip on the 7 from South Shields to Marsden. Alighted there and after a brief wait, I doubled back on myself with a service 8 to Harton Nook, then another 20A to Sunderland, again the plugs weren't working. I alighted at the Winter Gardens and went into the Weatherspoons to charge my phone and await the next X24 which wasn't for another 45 minutes.

Back out for the X24 with 24003 being my steed, I decided to make use of the plugs this time and made sure I had a seat with them, and guess what, they actually work despite the buses approaching 10 years old their electrical equipment works. Journey into Newcastle was quite quick despite it being the rush hour.

Looking at the 38 times, I realised I was just in time for the Streetdeck to pass through again, so thought I get some night shots of it.

All in all a good day. Now at work for next 3 days before I break up for my holidays and do my road trip down to York, Manchester, The Potteries, Merseyside and Lancashire.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
22 Feb 2017, 10:17 pm #4,590

Not something I do often, but why not.

Woke quite early this morning to the news that the Streetdeck was going to be out today. But first I had the oppotunity to move my car to a more desired parking spot nearer to my house.

With that out of the way, it was off to the bus stop for the 22 to Toon. Get to the bus stop in perfect time for the 22 with my waiting time of being about 5 seconds. During the journey to Toon, I received details of 80028s workings, and lo and behold I would time it perfectly for the trip to Whickham View in Newcastle.

Waited on Pilgrim St, 80028 turned up slightly late and couldn't get onto the stop and resulted in me climbing a roadworks barrier. Was concerned that the bus wouldn't have any layover time at Whickham View with the later running, but with the schools being off 80028 made it to the terminus on time for it's 5 min layover.

Couple of photos later, then it was back on 80028 to the Freeman Hospital this time, uneventful trip did notice a youngun taking a photo on Westgate Rd near the Carling Academy. Got to Freeman, some more photos, then trip back to Toon on it.

Decided to hang around Pilgrim Street for a short while as I noted a few Kinetics out and about on the 10 / 11 and since I have a soft spot for them for being a rare vehicle type (only 17 of them built), I managed to get 22515 from Pilgrim St to North Kenton. A number of things delayed the journey, so it departed pretty much straight away from Kenton.

I decided to return to Newcastle on 22081 and alighted in Grainger Street after a pretty fast run.

After grabbing a quick sandwich and hoping that Weardales Chinese Takeout was on the X21 (It wasn't), I decided to get the 22 to go past the coach park to see if there was anything interesting in (There was just a Solo, so thats a big nope). The 22 turned up and it was driven by Stan, the guy who was behind that Bristol LH trip in January, and he was driving MAN 22022 instead of the usual ADL Enviro 400. So a journey to Lemington was done where I alighted to catch the 6 to the Metrocentre which was one of the MANviro 200s.

The visit to the Metrocentre was brief as I decided since I had already been on 4 MAN buses, I would seek out the other 2 type of MAN buses that see use in Tyne and Wear, first one was easy as Stagecoach now uses MANviro 300s on the Metrocentre Shuttle 100. A quick run to Newcastle, and a brief worrying moment about high winds as it approached the Redheugh Bridge, but fortuantley the winds didn't cause any issues.

The other type of MAN bus in Tyne and Wear would be more difficult and only ran to Sunderland, so it was onboard the fantastic X24 service with Scania 24001 being my steed to Wearside.

More excellent timing meant I only had a short wait for the X21 which I caught to Grangetown, and this will annoy Jimmi, it was former Demo 4812. But nonetheless that was my MANathon complete.

Back to Sunderland in a bit to get one of the freshly branded Solo SRs for the WearXpress, annoyingly the first one I saw was a Scania Solar, so after alighting at the Interchange I had the misfortune of spotting a certain enthusiast who seems to change his name every few months along with two others. I don't know half of you younguns, so I'm usually reluctent to talk to them. I took the decision to go and photo at the junction of Mary St and Stockton Road, and got some pretty good shots...
635 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
692 (F) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
692 ® - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
699 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Unfortuantley not the best photos, but they do for now, will probably try for better shots in a few weeks after I return from my holidays.

Anyway having done this, I noted my phone battery was low. so decided to take a trip on a Streetlite to South Shields on the 20A (or 28 as the next stop seemed to pronounce), and suprise suprise the plugs / USB ports weren't working. Was rather annoyed when I alighted, so decided to have a trip on the 7 from South Shields to Marsden. Alighted there and after a brief wait, I doubled back on myself with a service 8 to Harton Nook, then another 20A to Sunderland, again the plugs weren't working. I alighted at the Winter Gardens and went into the Weatherspoons to charge my phone and await the next X24 which wasn't for another 45 minutes.

Back out for the X24 with 24003 being my steed, I decided to make use of the plugs this time and made sure I had a seat with them, and guess what, they actually work despite the buses approaching 10 years old their electrical equipment works. Journey into Newcastle was quite quick despite it being the rush hour.

Looking at the 38 times, I realised I was just in time for the Streetdeck to pass through again, so thought I get some night shots of it.

All in all a good day. Now at work for next 3 days before I break up for my holidays and do my road trip down to York, Manchester, The Potteries, Merseyside and Lancashire.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Jimmi

22 Feb 2017, 11:38 pm #4,591
I didn't have much luck today,

First I arrived in Newcastle in time for the StreetDeck to head to Whickham View, unfortunately it was over 10 minutes late and arrived directly behind a E400 also on the 38, meaning I was unable to get on the StreetDeck and to make matters even worse, you could only get poor quality photos, so I had to wait an hour for it to come back, got a photo at Freeman Hospital but was a rush shot and only just got the bus in the frame.

Got a Enviro200 MMC to Central Station, (my first ride on a Stagecoach example) and I got off in the hope that the orange OmniDekka would be on the 327 but of course it was but sadly I was photographing the green Trident and the OmniDekka flew past in the distance, tried to catch up with it but it started pulling away from the lights when I got close.

Then got into Chester-le-Street on the X12 and saw 549 on the 34A and was going to get off for a photo but as I got to the stairs on the Gemini I was on, it pulled out, so had to do a walk of shame back down the bus, the looks I got from the passenger's...

Whilst waiting for the StreetDeck this morning, I was stood on the island on Pilgrim Street and someone shoved me out of the way, why he couldn't walk round me I don't know?! That really annoyed me plus everyone who walked into me today, all instances were supposedly my fault

Also witnessed a near miss between two Stagecoach buses at Whickham View Terminus.

My photo of StreetDeck SL15ZGP: https://flic.kr/p/R83Hka
Edited 22 Feb 2017, 11:39 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
22 Feb 2017, 11:38 pm #4,591

I didn't have much luck today,

First I arrived in Newcastle in time for the StreetDeck to head to Whickham View, unfortunately it was over 10 minutes late and arrived directly behind a E400 also on the 38, meaning I was unable to get on the StreetDeck and to make matters even worse, you could only get poor quality photos, so I had to wait an hour for it to come back, got a photo at Freeman Hospital but was a rush shot and only just got the bus in the frame.

Got a Enviro200 MMC to Central Station, (my first ride on a Stagecoach example) and I got off in the hope that the orange OmniDekka would be on the 327 but of course it was but sadly I was photographing the green Trident and the OmniDekka flew past in the distance, tried to catch up with it but it started pulling away from the lights when I got close.

Then got into Chester-le-Street on the X12 and saw 549 on the 34A and was going to get off for a photo but as I got to the stairs on the Gemini I was on, it pulled out, so had to do a walk of shame back down the bus, the looks I got from the passenger's...

Whilst waiting for the StreetDeck this morning, I was stood on the island on Pilgrim Street and someone shoved me out of the way, why he couldn't walk round me I don't know?! That really annoyed me plus everyone who walked into me today, all instances were supposedly my fault

Also witnessed a near miss between two Stagecoach buses at Whickham View Terminus.

My photo of StreetDeck SL15ZGP: https://flic.kr/p/R83Hka

23 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm #4,592
Went around today..

10:09 57 Fewster Square to Gateshead Interchange (GNE 5321)

I was originally planning to get the 58, but got this as it came before the 58. It was a nice ride, seemed a bit more quicker than some of the other citylink citaros.

11:00 X24 Gateshead High Street to Sunderland Fawcett Street (SNE 24001)

Decided to give this service a go and I must say that the journey was fast and great. At the time I boarded with my friend, there was only about 4 other passengers on. The seats were comfortable and the legroom at the emergency exit was great! Must use this service again in the future and hope to see an increase in passenger numbers.

12:47 21 Newcastle Eldon Square to Durham Bus Station (GNE 6058)

Was going to get the X21 to have another ride on a StreetDeck, but 6135 turned up so I just went to get the 21 instead. I quite liked this one and hope to see myself using these hybrids more in the future.

15:35 21 Durham Bus Staion to Gateshead Interchange (GNE 6061)

Yet again I wanted to get the X21 but I didn't realise that the driver actually done a loop around the station so annoyingly I ended up boarding this thinking that the X21 left the station. This one seemed pretty sluggish up hills but was an ok ride.

16:37 57 Gateshead Interchange to Fewster Square (GNE 5296)

Took this one home after a tiring day in the rain. Had a comfortable ride back home on this and looking forward to seeing what these look like after refurbishment.

I quite enjoyed my day out and took a few photos with my phone... Should hopefully be getting a camera for my birthday tomorrow...

Thanks for reading.
EL1TE
23 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm #4,592

Went around today..

I was originally planning to get the 58, but got this as it came before the 58. It was a nice ride, seemed a bit more quicker than some of the other citylink citaros.

Decided to give this service a go and I must say that the journey was fast and great. At the time I boarded with my friend, there was only about 4 other passengers on. The seats were comfortable and the legroom at the emergency exit was great! Must use this service again in the future and hope to see an increase in passenger numbers.

Was going to get the X21 to have another ride on a StreetDeck, but 6135 turned up so I just went to get the 21 instead. I quite liked this one and hope to see myself using these hybrids more in the future.

Yet again I wanted to get the X21 but I didn't realise that the driver actually done a loop around the station so annoyingly I ended up boarding this thinking that the X21 left the station. This one seemed pretty sluggish up hills but was an ok ride.

Took this one home after a tiring day in the rain. Had a comfortable ride back home on this and looking forward to seeing what these look like after refurbishment.

I quite enjoyed my day out and took a few photos with my phone... Should hopefully be getting a camera for my birthday tomorrow...

Thanks for reading.

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Feb 2017, 7:31 pm #4,593
(23 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm)EL1TE Went around today..

Thanks for reading.
Did you teleport from Sunderland to Newcastle? I've done that a few times meself from consett
I doubt I'll ever get on the X24 as I'm already paying stupid money for GNE monthly passes, but we'll see!
Jamie M
23 Feb 2017, 7:31 pm #4,593

(23 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm)EL1TE Went around today..

Thanks for reading.
Did you teleport from Sunderland to Newcastle? I've done that a few times meself from consett
I doubt I'll ever get on the X24 as I'm already paying stupid money for GNE monthly passes, but we'll see!

Michael

23 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm #4,594
(23 Feb 2017, 7:31 pm)Jamie M Did you teleport from Sunderland to Newcastle? I've done that a few times meself from consett

£3.95 for a day ticket and it can be used on all the Stagecoach services in Newcastle, South Shields and Sunderland...... well worth it, you can get a full day out with that price!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm #4,594

(23 Feb 2017, 7:31 pm)Jamie M Did you teleport from Sunderland to Newcastle? I've done that a few times meself from consett

£3.95 for a day ticket and it can be used on all the Stagecoach services in Newcastle, South Shields and Sunderland...... well worth it, you can get a full day out with that price!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Feb 2017, 7:36 pm #4,595

Na I got the metro, just didn't put anything about it because all about it was an annoying noise 4025 was making!
I recommend you should get the X24 if you enjoy legroom Wink
Edited 23 Feb 2017, 7:39 pm by EL1TE.
EL1TE
23 Feb 2017, 7:36 pm #4,595

Na I got the metro, just didn't put anything about it because all about it was an annoying noise 4025 was making!

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm #4,596
(23 Feb 2017, 7:36 pm)EL1TE Na I got the metro, just didn't put anything about it because all about it was an annoying noise 4025 was making!
I don't, which is why I always sit on the back of omnidecks when I'm on one!
Jamie M
23 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm #4,596

(23 Feb 2017, 7:36 pm)EL1TE Na I got the metro, just didn't put anything about it because all about it was an annoying noise 4025 was making!
I don't, which is why I always sit on the back of omnidecks when I'm on one!

Jimmi

23 Feb 2017, 8:02 pm #4,597
(23 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm)Jamie M I don't, which is why I always sit on the back of omnidecks when I'm on one!
There's great legroom on the backseat of a OmniDekka... If you sit sideways with your feet on the seats.

I got into the backseat of 6142 the other day and did manage to fit, albeit not very comfortably!
Jimmi
23 Feb 2017, 8:02 pm #4,597

(23 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm)Jamie M I don't, which is why I always sit on the back of omnidecks when I'm on one!
There's great legroom on the backseat of a OmniDekka... If you sit sideways with your feet on the seats.

I got into the backseat of 6142 the other day and did manage to fit, albeit not very comfortably!

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm #4,598
(23 Feb 2017, 8:02 pm)Jimmi There's great legroom on the backseat of a OmniDekka... If you sit sideways with your feet on the seats.

Feet on seats?? What about the notice, Jimmi!
I bet you also forget about the notice to mind your head until after you stand up!
Jamie M
23 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm #4,598

(23 Feb 2017, 8:02 pm)Jimmi There's great legroom on the backseat of a OmniDekka... If you sit sideways with your feet on the seats.

Feet on seats?? What about the notice, Jimmi!
I bet you also forget about the notice to mind your head until after you stand up!

Jimmi

23 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm #4,599
(23 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm)Jamie M Feet on seats?? What about the notice, Jimmi!
Nobody obeys that surely?!

I'm used to low height E400's, so I am very observant of the heights of buses, after a few bumps which would explain a lot
Jimmi
23 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm #4,599

(23 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm)Jamie M Feet on seats?? What about the notice, Jimmi!
Nobody obeys that surely?!

I'm used to low height E400's, so I am very observant of the heights of buses, after a few bumps which would explain a lot

23 Feb 2017, 9:29 pm #4,600
(23 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm)Jimmi Nobody obeys that surely?!

The worst has to be Arriva's Low Height B5LH Hybrids, Both at the back downstairs and upstairs, I just about have to bend my back to get out of the back downstairs in them!

Legroom wise, You've never experienced anything like it until you get on PCL Travel's LDV Van, Its hard to find a space to fit your legs through on them and your face is just about touching the one infront!

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
23 Feb 2017, 9:29 pm #4,600

(23 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm)Jimmi Nobody obeys that surely?!

The worst has to be Arriva's Low Height B5LH Hybrids, Both at the back downstairs and upstairs, I just about have to bend my back to get out of the back downstairs in them!

Legroom wise, You've never experienced anything like it until you get on PCL Travel's LDV Van, Its hard to find a space to fit your legs through on them and your face is just about touching the one infront!

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Pages (239) Previous 1229 230 231239 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average