Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Branding

Branding

Branding

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7): Previous 15 6 7
Ambassador

13 Jul 2021, 3:37 pm #121
(13 Jul 2021, 12:30 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/BusAndTrainUser/stat...49474?s=19

Services with desirable localised branding seems to be what Mr French is in favour of.
Not the uniform designs that Arriva and Stagecoach use. 

I hope the irony isn't lost on anyone else, 'cos the sycophants on his twitter seem to have missed it.

French is a relic of a bygone era serving a niche print/digital media market who for some reason hang on his every word.

He says what the providers of his no doubt substantial pension approve of

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
13 Jul 2021, 3:37 pm #121

(13 Jul 2021, 12:30 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/BusAndTrainUser/stat...49474?s=19

Services with desirable localised branding seems to be what Mr French is in favour of.
Not the uniform designs that Arriva and Stagecoach use. 

I hope the irony isn't lost on anyone else, 'cos the sycophants on his twitter seem to have missed it.

French is a relic of a bygone era serving a niche print/digital media market who for some reason hang on his every word.

He says what the providers of his no doubt substantial pension approve of

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Andreos1

13 Jul 2021, 7:48 pm #122
(13 Jul 2021, 3:07 pm)Adrian Uniform designs that Arriva and Stagecoach use, as oppose to the uniform designs that design agencies use with multiple clients? Smile  

French is a bit of a mark when it comes to branding, and I'm far from convinced that it is a contributor towards organic growth. For example, often when growth was talked about in the past, it often neglected to mention the wholesale changes to the network and amalgamation of services. Of course there's going to be 'growth' on service 1 if service 2 no longer exists, but it is not new customers.

I'm also not convinced that the vast majority of First customers in Penzance will know anything about First's operation in Aberdeen, for example, yet alone care about it sharing the same livery.

Yep, and this is typical of French's writing. He neglects to mention that Go-Ahead have also closed travel shops; Chester-le-Street, Washington permanently, and with the Metrocentre one being closed 'due to COVID', I don't think that'll be far behind.

That's the one.
I notice he praises the First livery and he hasn't long been singing the praises of the Atlantic Coaster and 'its very attractive livery'. 
Another desirable livery no doubt.
However, I can see how some may think it was an Arriva operated service due to the colours used. 
Not much localisation there! Huh

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Jul 2021, 7:48 pm #122

(13 Jul 2021, 3:07 pm)Adrian Uniform designs that Arriva and Stagecoach use, as oppose to the uniform designs that design agencies use with multiple clients? Smile  

French is a bit of a mark when it comes to branding, and I'm far from convinced that it is a contributor towards organic growth. For example, often when growth was talked about in the past, it often neglected to mention the wholesale changes to the network and amalgamation of services. Of course there's going to be 'growth' on service 1 if service 2 no longer exists, but it is not new customers.

I'm also not convinced that the vast majority of First customers in Penzance will know anything about First's operation in Aberdeen, for example, yet alone care about it sharing the same livery.

Yep, and this is typical of French's writing. He neglects to mention that Go-Ahead have also closed travel shops; Chester-le-Street, Washington permanently, and with the Metrocentre one being closed 'due to COVID', I don't think that'll be far behind.

That's the one.
I notice he praises the First livery and he hasn't long been singing the praises of the Atlantic Coaster and 'its very attractive livery'. 
Another desirable livery no doubt.
However, I can see how some may think it was an Arriva operated service due to the colours used. 
Not much localisation there! Huh

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (7): Previous 15 6 7

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average