Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next
13 Oct 2020, 3:16 pm #41
(13 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm)JP6004 To be fair the torch; graphically, looks more appealing and classy. The older crusader livery just looked like a bad dream...so did the black Blaydon Racer after the first 10mins.

Yeah, they could have easily incorporated a torch instead of a flag into the new logo and it would have looked even better IMO. If I get bored enough later on I might have a play in Illustrator
streetdeckfan
13 Oct 2020, 3:16 pm #41

(13 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm)JP6004 To be fair the torch; graphically, looks more appealing and classy. The older crusader livery just looked like a bad dream...so did the black Blaydon Racer after the first 10mins.

Yeah, they could have easily incorporated a torch instead of a flag into the new logo and it would have looked even better IMO. If I get bored enough later on I might have a play in Illustrator

JP6004

13 Oct 2020, 3:19 pm #42
(13 Oct 2020, 3:16 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, they could have easily incorporated a torch instead of a flag into the new logo and it would have looked even better IMO. If I get bored enough later on I might have a play in Illustrator
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
JP6004
13 Oct 2020, 3:19 pm #42

(13 Oct 2020, 3:16 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, they could have easily incorporated a torch instead of a flag into the new logo and it would have looked even better IMO. If I get bored enough later on I might have a play in Illustrator
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

13 Oct 2020, 4:20 pm #43
I'm liking the new branding on the timetables, very smart. Hopefully with the next X-Lines timetables they keep the Sunday separate so it's actually readable!

One thing I'm not sure on is the 'turn up and go' on the timetable. 

I'm not so sure it's because 'buses run so frequently throughout the day you can pop to the bus stop and an Angel 21 will be along shortly', but more to hide the fact they're never bloody on time!
streetdeckfan
13 Oct 2020, 4:20 pm #43

I'm liking the new branding on the timetables, very smart. Hopefully with the next X-Lines timetables they keep the Sunday separate so it's actually readable!

One thing I'm not sure on is the 'turn up and go' on the timetable. 

I'm not so sure it's because 'buses run so frequently throughout the day you can pop to the bus stop and an Angel 21 will be along shortly', but more to hide the fact they're never bloody on time!

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2020, 6:02 pm #44
Timetables have now been produced for almost every service across Go North East, with timetables effective either 5 September or 31 October 2020.

The final few are due for delivery on Monday, so all will be on the relevant buses by Tuesday evening.
Dan
24 Oct 2020, 6:02 pm #44

Timetables have now been produced for almost every service across Go North East, with timetables effective either 5 September or 31 October 2020.

The final few are due for delivery on Monday, so all will be on the relevant buses by Tuesday evening.

Wybus

27 Oct 2020, 12:22 am #45
With Nexus having closed all the travel shops, there is no real point in GNE bringing back printed timetables

Particularly glossy ones promoting the service to new customers, only available to passengers on board already using the service.
Wybus
27 Oct 2020, 12:22 am #45

With Nexus having closed all the travel shops, there is no real point in GNE bringing back printed timetables

Particularly glossy ones promoting the service to new customers, only available to passengers on board already using the service.

JP6004

27 Oct 2020, 12:24 am #46
(27 Oct 2020, 12:22 am)Wybus With Nexus having closed all the travel shops, there is no real point in GNE bringing back printed timetables

Particularly glossy ones promoting the service, only available to passengers on board already using the service
Timetables arent just available from nexus travel shops
JP6004
27 Oct 2020, 12:24 am #46

(27 Oct 2020, 12:22 am)Wybus With Nexus having closed all the travel shops, there is no real point in GNE bringing back printed timetables

Particularly glossy ones promoting the service, only available to passengers on board already using the service
Timetables arent just available from nexus travel shops

27 Oct 2020, 1:30 am #47

I never got my timetables from the travel shops, I always just got them from the timetable racks at the bus stations
streetdeckfan
27 Oct 2020, 1:30 am #47

I never got my timetables from the travel shops, I always just got them from the timetable racks at the bus stations

Wybus

27 Oct 2020, 3:26 pm #48
(27 Oct 2020, 1:30 am)streetdeckfan I never got my timetables from the travel shops, I always just got them from the timetable racks at the bus stations
That only applies to Newcastle though, you couldn't get anything anywhere else when the travel shop was closed

And that's assuming Nexus will still maintain those racks at Eldon Sq and Haymarket
Wybus
27 Oct 2020, 3:26 pm #48

(27 Oct 2020, 1:30 am)streetdeckfan I never got my timetables from the travel shops, I always just got them from the timetable racks at the bus stations
That only applies to Newcastle though, you couldn't get anything anywhere else when the travel shop was closed

And that's assuming Nexus will still maintain those racks at Eldon Sq and Haymarket

27 Oct 2020, 3:32 pm #49
(27 Oct 2020, 3:26 pm)Wybus That only applies to Newcastle though, you couldn't get anything anywhere else when the travel shop was closed

Durham has them as well. Plus, there's still the GNE desk at Metrocentre
streetdeckfan
27 Oct 2020, 3:32 pm #49

(27 Oct 2020, 3:26 pm)Wybus That only applies to Newcastle though, you couldn't get anything anywhere else when the travel shop was closed

Durham has them as well. Plus, there's still the GNE desk at Metrocentre

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm #50

(27 Oct 2020, 3:32 pm)streetdeckfan Durham has them as well. Plus, there's still the GNE desk at Metrocentre

Nexus should be maintaining the racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket.

Go North East's own distribution company keeps Durham up to date. Hopefully this time we won't see all of GNE's leaflets being removed and replaced with Arriva leaflets!
Dan
27 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm #50

(27 Oct 2020, 3:32 pm)streetdeckfan Durham has them as well. Plus, there's still the GNE desk at Metrocentre

Nexus should be maintaining the racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket.

Go North East's own distribution company keeps Durham up to date. Hopefully this time we won't see all of GNE's leaflets being removed and replaced with Arriva leaflets!

27 Oct 2020, 3:53 pm #51
(27 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm)Dan Nexus should be maintaining the racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket.

When I was in there a while back, one of the security guards was standing with someone and they were moving all the timetables around, when I went back later that day, every slot was filled with Arriva timetables.
Not sure if they were doing that because there were no GNE ones and wanted to make it look full, or they were the ones that took them out!
streetdeckfan
27 Oct 2020, 3:53 pm #51

(27 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm)Dan Nexus should be maintaining the racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket.

When I was in there a while back, one of the security guards was standing with someone and they were moving all the timetables around, when I went back later that day, every slot was filled with Arriva timetables.
Not sure if they were doing that because there were no GNE ones and wanted to make it look full, or they were the ones that took them out!

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Oct 2020, 5:12 pm #52
(27 Oct 2020, 3:53 pm)streetdeckfan When I was in there a while back, one of the security guards was standing with someone and they were moving all the timetables around, when I went back later that day, every slot was filled with Arriva timetables.

Potentially the latter...
Dan
27 Oct 2020, 5:12 pm #52

(27 Oct 2020, 3:53 pm)streetdeckfan When I was in there a while back, one of the security guards was standing with someone and they were moving all the timetables around, when I went back later that day, every slot was filled with Arriva timetables.

Potentially the latter...

27 Oct 2020, 6:35 pm #53
(27 Oct 2020, 5:12 pm)Dan Potentially the latter...

OK, it's news to me that there should have been GNE leaflets at Durham, as I don't think I've EVER seen anything but Arriva ones!

If I'm in the area and want to know GNE bus times I've always gone to the vehicles on the route and checked them rather than consider there might be any in the bus station!
Ianthegoon
27 Oct 2020, 6:35 pm #53

(27 Oct 2020, 5:12 pm)Dan Potentially the latter...

OK, it's news to me that there should have been GNE leaflets at Durham, as I don't think I've EVER seen anything but Arriva ones!

If I'm in the area and want to know GNE bus times I've always gone to the vehicles on the route and checked them rather than consider there might be any in the bus station!

Wybus

21 Apr 2021, 5:08 pm #54
Now we’ve come out of lockdown and services have kind of gone back to normal, what’s the latest status on printed timetables?

Are GNE still doing them, and if they are are they being stocked off-bus anywhere or just on the relevant services?
Wybus
21 Apr 2021, 5:08 pm #54

Now we’ve come out of lockdown and services have kind of gone back to normal, what’s the latest status on printed timetables?

Are GNE still doing them, and if they are are they being stocked off-bus anywhere or just on the relevant services?

21 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm #55
(21 Apr 2021, 5:08 pm)Wybus Now we’ve come out of lockdown and services have kind of gone back to normal, what’s the latest status on printed timetables?

There on buses now. I've seen them on the Coaster amd Crusader buses. Didn't see any on the 56 or 58
Micheal Aaron Parker
21 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm #55

(21 Apr 2021, 5:08 pm)Wybus Now we’ve come out of lockdown and services have kind of gone back to normal, what’s the latest status on printed timetables?

There on buses now. I've seen them on the Coaster amd Crusader buses. Didn't see any on the 56 or 58

Wybus

05 Oct 2021, 5:29 pm #56
(21 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker There on buses now. I've seen them on the Coaster amd Crusader buses. Didn't see any on the 56 or 58

Has anything moved on in regards to this topic now, or are timetables still only available on bus, with none available in any interchanges?
Wybus
05 Oct 2021, 5:29 pm #56

(21 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker There on buses now. I've seen them on the Coaster amd Crusader buses. Didn't see any on the 56 or 58

Has anything moved on in regards to this topic now, or are timetables still only available on bus, with none available in any interchanges?

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Oct 2021, 5:45 pm #57
(05 Oct 2021, 5:29 pm)Wybus Has anything moved on in regards to this topic now, or are timetables still only available on bus, with none available in any interchanges?

After lots of lobbying from Go North East, paper timetables have now been resurrected at Haymarket and Eldon Square by Nexus. Neither Arriva nor Stagecoach have used any of the space, so it's currently dominated by Go North East:
https://twitter.com/lee_calderr/status/1...8399686657

Go North East are going to lead on introducing timetable racks at other bus stations, including Gateshead and Park Lane potentially later this week. Other operators' printed literature will be accepted, although the racks will remain the property of Go North East.
Dan
05 Oct 2021, 5:45 pm #57

(05 Oct 2021, 5:29 pm)Wybus Has anything moved on in regards to this topic now, or are timetables still only available on bus, with none available in any interchanges?

After lots of lobbying from Go North East, paper timetables have now been resurrected at Haymarket and Eldon Square by Nexus. Neither Arriva nor Stagecoach have used any of the space, so it's currently dominated by Go North East:

Go North East are going to lead on introducing timetable racks at other bus stations, including Gateshead and Park Lane potentially later this week. Other operators' printed literature will be accepted, although the racks will remain the property of Go North East.

05 Oct 2021, 5:52 pm #58
(05 Oct 2021, 5:45 pm)Dan After lots of lobbying from Go North East, paper timetables have now been resurrected at Haymarket and Eldon Square by Nexus. Neither Arriva nor Stagecoach have used any of the space, so it's currently dominated by Go North East:

Great stuff
stagecoachbusdepot
05 Oct 2021, 5:52 pm #58

(05 Oct 2021, 5:45 pm)Dan After lots of lobbying from Go North East, paper timetables have now been resurrected at Haymarket and Eldon Square by Nexus. Neither Arriva nor Stagecoach have used any of the space, so it's currently dominated by Go North East:

Great stuff

Wybus

13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm #59

Good stuff

Is Park Lane still work in progress as I couldn’t see any yesterday (although I’m not sure where they’d put them, with the bus station being outdoor)
Wybus
13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm #59

Good stuff

Is Park Lane still work in progress as I couldn’t see any yesterday (although I’m not sure where they’d put them, with the bus station being outdoor)

morritt89

13 Oct 2021, 3:10 pm #60
(13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm)Wybus Good stuff

There is/was a stand outside the Nexus travelshop. It had timetables (GNE only) and a few other Sunderland related leaflets (Empire Theatre etc)
morritt89
13 Oct 2021, 3:10 pm #60

(13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm)Wybus Good stuff

There is/was a stand outside the Nexus travelshop. It had timetables (GNE only) and a few other Sunderland related leaflets (Empire Theatre etc)

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average