Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next
13 Oct 2021, 4:34 pm #61
Saw the stand at Park Lane last week, containing very few leaflets (presumably already ransacked).  Was no sign of the stand when I passed through there today - possibly awaiting a refill I guess?  Not sure whether it's Nexus, GNE or a third party supposed to do the restocking.  Let's hope it's not the former.
stagecoachbusdepot
13 Oct 2021, 4:34 pm #61

Saw the stand at Park Lane last week, containing very few leaflets (presumably already ransacked).  Was no sign of the stand when I passed through there today - possibly awaiting a refill I guess?  Not sure whether it's Nexus, GNE or a third party supposed to do the restocking.  Let's hope it's not the former.

Keeiajs

13 Oct 2021, 4:40 pm #62
(13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm)Wybus Good stuff

Is Park Lane still work in progress as I couldn’t see any yesterday (although I’m not sure where they’d put them, with the bus station being outdoor)
they are outisde of the old Nexus centre.
Keeiajs
13 Oct 2021, 4:40 pm #62

(13 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm)Wybus Good stuff

Is Park Lane still work in progress as I couldn’t see any yesterday (although I’m not sure where they’d put them, with the bus station being outdoor)
they are outisde of the old Nexus centre.

13 Oct 2021, 5:51 pm #63
(13 Oct 2021, 4:34 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Saw the stand at Park Lane last week, containing very few leaflets (presumably already ransacked).  Was no sign of the stand when I passed through there today - possibly awaiting a refill I guess?  Not sure whether it's Nexus, GNE or a third party supposed to do the restocking.  Let's hope it's not the former.

It probably wouldn't have been put out if the supervisor wasn't in Park Lane today. It had plenty left yesterday when I was in.
deanmachine
13 Oct 2021, 5:51 pm #63

(13 Oct 2021, 4:34 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Saw the stand at Park Lane last week, containing very few leaflets (presumably already ransacked).  Was no sign of the stand when I passed through there today - possibly awaiting a refill I guess?  Not sure whether it's Nexus, GNE or a third party supposed to do the restocking.  Let's hope it's not the former.

It probably wouldn't have been put out if the supervisor wasn't in Park Lane today. It had plenty left yesterday when I was in.

15 Oct 2021, 5:19 pm #64
(13 Oct 2021, 5:51 pm)deanmachine It probably wouldn't have been put out if the supervisor wasn't in Park Lane today. It had plenty left yesterday when I was in.

Probably right.  Rack was out today, virtually empty, only had leaflets for a handful of services - hopefully they will get into the swing of restocking (Gateshead's was not much better stocked the last couple of times I passed) as the reintroduction of printed literature at interchanges is a really positive move.
stagecoachbusdepot
15 Oct 2021, 5:19 pm #64

(13 Oct 2021, 5:51 pm)deanmachine It probably wouldn't have been put out if the supervisor wasn't in Park Lane today. It had plenty left yesterday when I was in.

Probably right.  Rack was out today, virtually empty, only had leaflets for a handful of services - hopefully they will get into the swing of restocking (Gateshead's was not much better stocked the last couple of times I passed) as the reintroduction of printed literature at interchanges is a really positive move.

Wybus

15 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm #65
I don’t think availability of the timetables is that great to be fair

I had a trip around Washington today and there were no timetables on the X1 that I caught, and none on the 4 either, and from observing the Little Pinks, service 8 and the 50 at the Galleries, I don’t think there were many timetables on board those either.

I’m surprised there is no timetable rack at Washington Galleries, as don’t GNE run it for Nexus, they used to have a Travel Shop there not too long ago
Wybus
15 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm #65

I don’t think availability of the timetables is that great to be fair

I had a trip around Washington today and there were no timetables on the X1 that I caught, and none on the 4 either, and from observing the Little Pinks, service 8 and the 50 at the Galleries, I don’t think there were many timetables on board those either.

I’m surprised there is no timetable rack at Washington Galleries, as don’t GNE run it for Nexus, they used to have a Travel Shop there not too long ago

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Oct 2021, 7:11 pm #66
(15 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm)Wybus I don’t think availability of the timetables is that great to be fair

If you're struggling to obtain timetables on-board buses, report it to the driver and Customer Services. They'll ensure the buses are re-stocked. These leaflets have been produced, are printed, and are available. Stock on buses may be limited at the moment due to the current staff shortages resulting in leading drivers covering mileage on the road rather than office duties, but it'll still get done at some point if the point is made that a bus doesn't have a sufficient number of leaflets available.

One step at a time for providing racks in bus stations! After much lobbying to Nexus, Go North East have succeeded in restoring printed literature racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket, which are managed by Nexus. They were already available at the Metrocentre, and they have now taken it upon themselves to provide printed literature at Park Lane and Gateshead themselves (procuring the rack and arranging for it to be re-stocked of their own accord). Providing this space and ensuring there is sufficient stock available is usually the responsibility of the local authority, not the bus operator, so Go North East are already doing way more than most operators would, in these circumstances. They have committed to allowing other operators to use this space too, despite no other operator providing the funds for this.
Dan
15 Oct 2021, 7:11 pm #66

(15 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm)Wybus I don’t think availability of the timetables is that great to be fair

If you're struggling to obtain timetables on-board buses, report it to the driver and Customer Services. They'll ensure the buses are re-stocked. These leaflets have been produced, are printed, and are available. Stock on buses may be limited at the moment due to the current staff shortages resulting in leading drivers covering mileage on the road rather than office duties, but it'll still get done at some point if the point is made that a bus doesn't have a sufficient number of leaflets available.

One step at a time for providing racks in bus stations! After much lobbying to Nexus, Go North East have succeeded in restoring printed literature racks at Eldon Square and Haymarket, which are managed by Nexus. They were already available at the Metrocentre, and they have now taken it upon themselves to provide printed literature at Park Lane and Gateshead themselves (procuring the rack and arranging for it to be re-stocked of their own accord). Providing this space and ensuring there is sufficient stock available is usually the responsibility of the local authority, not the bus operator, so Go North East are already doing way more than most operators would, in these circumstances. They have committed to allowing other operators to use this space too, despite no other operator providing the funds for this.

BusLoverMum

15 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm #67
Can confirm a full timetable rack at Eldon Square, this Wednesday.

Not even a noticeable place for timetables on either of the X21s I caught, though.
BusLoverMum
15 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm #67

Can confirm a full timetable rack at Eldon Square, this Wednesday.

Not even a noticeable place for timetables on either of the X21s I caught, though.

15 Oct 2021, 7:24 pm #68
(15 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm)BusLoverMum Can confirm a full timetable rack at Eldon Square, this Wednesday.

Eldon Square does seem to be well replenished as it never looks too empty.  The racks in Haymarket last time I passed were all still empty and in the control room thing on the end of the concourse so not sure they are actually in use.  Sunderland and Gateshead just seem to get emptier and emptier so not sure anyone is actually replenishing them.

Sunderland today, by way of example: https://ibb.co/DKPCvZm
stagecoachbusdepot
15 Oct 2021, 7:24 pm #68

(15 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm)BusLoverMum Can confirm a full timetable rack at Eldon Square, this Wednesday.

Eldon Square does seem to be well replenished as it never looks too empty.  The racks in Haymarket last time I passed were all still empty and in the control room thing on the end of the concourse so not sure they are actually in use.  Sunderland and Gateshead just seem to get emptier and emptier so not sure anyone is actually replenishing them.

Wybus

15 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm #69
(15 Oct 2021, 7:24 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Eldon Square does seem to be well replenished as it never looks too empty.  The racks in Haymarket last time I passed were all still empty and in the control room thing on the end of the concourse so not sure they are actually in use.  Sunderland and Gateshead just seem to get emptier and emptier so not sure anyone is actually replenishing them.

The Drifter 60 must be unpopular then!

I assume they are being replenished by a third party then due to the racks being ‘tourist’ racks that would usually have leaflets about attractions in them, rather than GNE/Nexus racks. Maybe they only drive around to fill them up once a week.
Wybus
15 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm #69

(15 Oct 2021, 7:24 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Eldon Square does seem to be well replenished as it never looks too empty.  The racks in Haymarket last time I passed were all still empty and in the control room thing on the end of the concourse so not sure they are actually in use.  Sunderland and Gateshead just seem to get emptier and emptier so not sure anyone is actually replenishing them.

The Drifter 60 must be unpopular then!

I assume they are being replenished by a third party then due to the racks being ‘tourist’ racks that would usually have leaflets about attractions in them, rather than GNE/Nexus racks. Maybe they only drive around to fill them up once a week.

Andreos1

15 Oct 2021, 9:18 pm #70
(15 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm)Wybus The Drifter 60 must be unpopular then!

What about that poor X20?!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Oct 2021, 9:18 pm #70

What about that poor X20?!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Keeiajs

15 Oct 2021, 10:20 pm #71

There was 8 racks of 60.
Keeiajs
15 Oct 2021, 10:20 pm #71

There was 8 racks of 60.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2021, 10:59 am #72

Both have had some extra stock added this morning, see Park Lane as an example below (currently none for 8/78 and 56 but additional stock requested):

[Image: WP-20211018-11-32-59-Pro.jpg]
Dan
18 Oct 2021, 10:59 am #72

Both have had some extra stock added this morning, see Park Lane as an example below (currently none for 8/78 and 56 but additional stock requested):

Rob44

18 Oct 2021, 11:09 am #73
i was on the 28b last night.... slightly worse for ware but the duckets glued tot the back of the drivers cab had paper timetables in them.
Rob44
18 Oct 2021, 11:09 am #73

i was on the 28b last night.... slightly worse for ware but the duckets glued tot the back of the drivers cab had paper timetables in them.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2021, 11:25 am #74
(18 Oct 2021, 10:59 am)Dan Both have had some extra stock added this morning, see Park Lane as an example below (currently none for 8/78 and 56 but additional stock requested):

And for completeness, Gateshead...

[Image: Image-10.jpg]
Dan
18 Oct 2021, 11:25 am #74

(18 Oct 2021, 10:59 am)Dan Both have had some extra stock added this morning, see Park Lane as an example below (currently none for 8/78 and 56 but additional stock requested):

And for completeness, Gateshead...

[Image: Image-10.jpg]

18 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm #75
Are there area bus guides for Gateshead, Sunderland, etc.. Like Washington Has?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
18 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm #75

Are there area bus guides for Gateshead, Sunderland, etc.. Like Washington Has?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Wybus

08 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm #76
(18 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm)ASX_Terranova Are there area bus guides for Gateshead, Sunderland, etc.. Like Washington Has?

How widely available are the Consett, North Tyneside and Washington bus guides, were they just available as a one off at the time, or are they still on buses now?
Wybus
08 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm #76

(18 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm)ASX_Terranova Are there area bus guides for Gateshead, Sunderland, etc.. Like Washington Has?

How widely available are the Consett, North Tyneside and Washington bus guides, were they just available as a one off at the time, or are they still on buses now?

Adrian

09 Nov 2021, 11:02 pm #77
(08 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm)Wybus How widely available are the Consett, North Tyneside and Washington bus guides, were they just available as a one off at the time, or are they still on buses now?

Apart from the odd Connections 4 timetable. I've never seen an X1 timetable or anything on the Little Pinks. It doesn't help that the Solos don't have leaflet holders though. 

Washington buses generally have nothing on board. A situation that seems to be unique to Washington at the moment, as despite my previous postings on the matter, I find that most buses from other depots do have timetables nowadays.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Nov 2021, 11:02 pm #77

(08 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm)Wybus How widely available are the Consett, North Tyneside and Washington bus guides, were they just available as a one off at the time, or are they still on buses now?

Apart from the odd Connections 4 timetable. I've never seen an X1 timetable or anything on the Little Pinks. It doesn't help that the Solos don't have leaflet holders though. 

Washington buses generally have nothing on board. A situation that seems to be unique to Washington at the moment, as despite my previous postings on the matter, I find that most buses from other depots do have timetables nowadays.

Train8261

10 Nov 2021, 3:42 am #78
If your looking for the NT booklet. Best chance is the Solos. I got mine of there. Haven't seen them on any of the Coaster StreetLite or the Cobalt & Coast Volvo B9

The Washington one I got of 6303 when it was on the 26 but since then. Haven't seen another one. Pretty sure someone on ebay will sell one for about £2 to £10
Train8261
10 Nov 2021, 3:42 am #78

If your looking for the NT booklet. Best chance is the Solos. I got mine of there. Haven't seen them on any of the Coaster StreetLite or the Cobalt & Coast Volvo B9

The Washington one I got of 6303 when it was on the 26 but since then. Haven't seen another one. Pretty sure someone on ebay will sell one for about £2 to £10

10 Nov 2021, 1:28 pm #79
(09 Nov 2021, 11:02 pm)Adrian Apart from the odd Connections 4 timetable. I've never seen an X1 timetable or anything on the Little Pinks. It doesn't help that the Solos don't have leaflet holders though. 

Is it not because they've reduced the timetable on the X1? The Solos on the 39 have leaflet holders in the corner of the wheelchair bay on the back of the cab, I don't think people notice them much though as when I put on the timetables for the 39s they were still stuffed full of X20 timetables that had clearly been there for over a year!
deanmachine
10 Nov 2021, 1:28 pm #79

(09 Nov 2021, 11:02 pm)Adrian Apart from the odd Connections 4 timetable. I've never seen an X1 timetable or anything on the Little Pinks. It doesn't help that the Solos don't have leaflet holders though. 

Is it not because they've reduced the timetable on the X1? The Solos on the 39 have leaflet holders in the corner of the wheelchair bay on the back of the cab, I don't think people notice them much though as when I put on the timetables for the 39s they were still stuffed full of X20 timetables that had clearly been there for over a year!

Adrian

10 Nov 2021, 1:38 pm #80
(10 Nov 2021, 1:28 pm)deanmachine Is it not because they've reduced the timetable on the X1? The Solos on the 39 have leaflet holders in the corner of the wheelchair bay on the back of the cab, I don't think people notice them much though as when I put on the timetables for the 39s they were still stuffed full of X20 timetables that had clearly been there for over a year!

The X1 was just an example, but potentially the reason in that instance, now that you've mentioned it. Although I'd say having paper temporary timetables would be better than empty holders.

Adrian
10 Nov 2021, 1:38 pm #80

(10 Nov 2021, 1:28 pm)deanmachine Is it not because they've reduced the timetable on the X1? The Solos on the 39 have leaflet holders in the corner of the wheelchair bay on the back of the cab, I don't think people notice them much though as when I put on the timetables for the 39s they were still stuffed full of X20 timetables that had clearly been there for over a year!

The X1 was just an example, but potentially the reason in that instance, now that you've mentioned it. Although I'd say having paper temporary timetables would be better than empty holders.

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average