Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

Paper Timetables

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next
cbma06

10 Nov 2021, 3:12 pm #81
Is there or will there be any paper timetables for the Peterlee purples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
10 Nov 2021, 3:12 pm #81

Is there or will there be any paper timetables for the Peterlee purples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm #82
(10 Nov 2021, 1:38 pm)Adrian The X1 was just an example, but potentially the reason in that instance, now that you've mentioned it. Although I'd say having paper temporary timetables would be better than empty holders.

There’s definitely printed temporary timetables for the X1 (kudos to GNE for that).  I don’t know that there were ever any printed X1s available to the general public earlier in Sept before they reduced frequency, though I think there was one included in a photo somewhere so they clearly existed.

Never seen any current (Sept 21) editions for the Connections 4, Little Pinks, Peterlee Purples or Sunderland Connect.
stagecoachbusdepot
12 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm #82

(10 Nov 2021, 1:38 pm)Adrian The X1 was just an example, but potentially the reason in that instance, now that you've mentioned it. Although I'd say having paper temporary timetables would be better than empty holders.

There’s definitely printed temporary timetables for the X1 (kudos to GNE for that).  I don’t know that there were ever any printed X1s available to the general public earlier in Sept before they reduced frequency, though I think there was one included in a photo somewhere so they clearly existed.

Never seen any current (Sept 21) editions for the Connections 4, Little Pinks, Peterlee Purples or Sunderland Connect.

Wybus

12 Nov 2021, 7:12 pm #83
The leaflet rack at Park Lane was missing in action again today, I’m sure they know when I’m visiting and don’t put it out!

X1 timetables are available at Eldon Square by the way, also there doesn’t seem to be a new 6 timetable showing the extension to Lanchester
Wybus
12 Nov 2021, 7:12 pm #83

The leaflet rack at Park Lane was missing in action again today, I’m sure they know when I’m visiting and don’t put it out!

X1 timetables are available at Eldon Square by the way, also there doesn’t seem to be a new 6 timetable showing the extension to Lanchester

Train8261

12 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm #84
(12 Nov 2021, 7:12 pm)Wybus The leaflet rack at Park Lane was missing in action again today, I’m sure they know when I’m visiting and don’t put it out!

Loads of timetable at Gateshead as well & Metrocentre
Train8261
12 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm #84

(12 Nov 2021, 7:12 pm)Wybus The leaflet rack at Park Lane was missing in action again today, I’m sure they know when I’m visiting and don’t put it out!

Loads of timetable at Gateshead as well & Metrocentre

12 Nov 2021, 10:40 pm #85

Did you notice if the X1s were the updated temprorary ones or ones from begining Sept?
stagecoachbusdepot
12 Nov 2021, 10:40 pm #85

Did you notice if the X1s were the updated temprorary ones or ones from begining Sept?

Wybus

13 Nov 2021, 7:54 pm #86
(12 Nov 2021, 10:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Did you notice if the X1s were the updated temprorary ones or ones from begining Sept?
The X1 timetable shows the temporary timetable. I don’t know if there was ever one for the usual timetable.
Wybus
13 Nov 2021, 7:54 pm #86

(12 Nov 2021, 10:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Did you notice if the X1s were the updated temprorary ones or ones from begining Sept?
The X1 timetable shows the temporary timetable. I don’t know if there was ever one for the usual timetable.

Adrian

13 Nov 2021, 8:08 pm #87
(12 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot There’s definitely printed temporary timetables for the X1 (kudos to GNE for that).  I don’t know that there were ever any printed X1s available to the general public earlier in Sept before they reduced frequency, though I think there was one included in a photo somewhere so they clearly existed.

I've heard someone mention about the Little Pinks timetables, but never actually seen any with my own eyes. Out of the 6 buses I was on today, only one (the 71) had any printed timetables on board.

They can't have completely ran out already, so I wonder if the depots are bothering to fill the holders up?

The Eldon Square one was last Sat/Sun too. Staffed both days, but I noticed the timetable rack sitting empty inside the bus station office.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 Nov 2021, 8:08 pm #87

(12 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot There’s definitely printed temporary timetables for the X1 (kudos to GNE for that).  I don’t know that there were ever any printed X1s available to the general public earlier in Sept before they reduced frequency, though I think there was one included in a photo somewhere so they clearly existed.

I've heard someone mention about the Little Pinks timetables, but never actually seen any with my own eyes. Out of the 6 buses I was on today, only one (the 71) had any printed timetables on board.

They can't have completely ran out already, so I wonder if the depots are bothering to fill the holders up?

The Eldon Square one was last Sat/Sun too. Staffed both days, but I noticed the timetable rack sitting empty inside the bus station office.

Wybus

13 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm #88
It’s all a bit annoyingly lacklustre overall really isn’t. Racks are either not available and if they are available they are often half empty, and leaflet holders on buses are more often empty than they are full.

Although to be fair Dan did say it was a small start and it’s better than most operators, and to be honest this is all caused ultimately by Nexus closing the travel centres so that’s where the blame should lie. Hopefully be next summer, the driver issues will be over, and GNE will do another marketing push with leaflets and full leaflet racks all over the place.

I did manage to pick up a leaflet for the 34 strangely on a 6 Versa though, which is probably one of the rarest ones, so that was nice
Wybus
13 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm #88

It’s all a bit annoyingly lacklustre overall really isn’t. Racks are either not available and if they are available they are often half empty, and leaflet holders on buses are more often empty than they are full.

Although to be fair Dan did say it was a small start and it’s better than most operators, and to be honest this is all caused ultimately by Nexus closing the travel centres so that’s where the blame should lie. Hopefully be next summer, the driver issues will be over, and GNE will do another marketing push with leaflets and full leaflet racks all over the place.

I did manage to pick up a leaflet for the 34 strangely on a 6 Versa though, which is probably one of the rarest ones, so that was nice

13 Nov 2021, 11:32 pm #89
(13 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm)Wybus It’s all a bit annoyingly lacklustre overall really isn’t. Racks are either not available and if they are available they are often half empty, and leaflet holders on buses are more often empty than they are full.

The rack was at Sunderland today about half full, but most of what was in it were tourism leaflets, with hardly any timetables (2 services I think).  Nexus absolutely deserve the criticism  utterly useless organisation.

Leaflets for 5 & 65 are others I am yet to see
stagecoachbusdepot
13 Nov 2021, 11:32 pm #89

(13 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm)Wybus It’s all a bit annoyingly lacklustre overall really isn’t. Racks are either not available and if they are available they are often half empty, and leaflet holders on buses are more often empty than they are full.

The rack was at Sunderland today about half full, but most of what was in it were tourism leaflets, with hardly any timetables (2 services I think).  Nexus absolutely deserve the criticism  utterly useless organisation.

14 Nov 2021, 7:35 pm #90
(13 Nov 2021, 11:32 pm)stagecoachbusdepot The rack was at Sunderland today about half full, but most of what was in it were tourism leaflets, with hardly any timetables (2 services I think).  Nexus absolutely deserve the criticism  utterly useless organisation.

Those racks are simply emptying very quickly, as I know for a fact the one in Park Lane is replenished regularly.
deanmachine
14 Nov 2021, 7:35 pm #90

(13 Nov 2021, 11:32 pm)stagecoachbusdepot The rack was at Sunderland today about half full, but most of what was in it were tourism leaflets, with hardly any timetables (2 services I think).  Nexus absolutely deserve the criticism  utterly useless organisation.

Those racks are simply emptying very quickly, as I know for a fact the one in Park Lane is replenished regularly.

29 Nov 2021, 1:44 pm #91
For Anyone Interested, the font GNE use on their timetables is called Axiforma.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
29 Nov 2021, 1:44 pm #91

For Anyone Interested, the font GNE use on their timetables is called Axiforma.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Adrian

29 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm #92
Nice to see that the timetables at the Metrocentre, Eldon Square and Gateshead are now ever present and fully stocked. So positive that the changes there have worked.

Stock on buses, from my observations, seems to very much depend on which depot the service runs out of. Riverside and Chester-le-Street buses tend to always be stocked with timetables, but on Washington buses, it's rare to see any timetables at all. I did manage to pick up one of the Washington Services booklets today, but it must only be the second or third time in months that I've had a Washington bus with any paper timetables stocked.

Adrian
29 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm #92

Nice to see that the timetables at the Metrocentre, Eldon Square and Gateshead are now ever present and fully stocked. So positive that the changes there have worked.

Stock on buses, from my observations, seems to very much depend on which depot the service runs out of. Riverside and Chester-le-Street buses tend to always be stocked with timetables, but on Washington buses, it's rare to see any timetables at all. I did manage to pick up one of the Washington Services booklets today, but it must only be the second or third time in months that I've had a Washington bus with any paper timetables stocked.

JP6004

29 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm #93
(29 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm)Adrian Nice to see that the timetables at the Metrocentre, Eldon Square and Gateshead are now ever present and fully stocked. So positive that the changes there have worked.

Few washington buses I been on today been fully stocked
JP6004
29 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm #93

(29 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm)Adrian Nice to see that the timetables at the Metrocentre, Eldon Square and Gateshead are now ever present and fully stocked. So positive that the changes there have worked.

Few washington buses I been on today been fully stocked

Adrian

29 Nov 2021, 7:39 pm #94
(29 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm)JP6004 Few washington buses I been on today been fully stocked

I've just looked back over the last 7 days, and I've used 18 Washington buses, with no duplicates on any given day. Only one of those 18 were stocked, and that being the only one out of 3 today.

Adrian
29 Nov 2021, 7:39 pm #94

(29 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm)JP6004 Few washington buses I been on today been fully stocked

I've just looked back over the last 7 days, and I've used 18 Washington buses, with no duplicates on any given day. Only one of those 18 were stocked, and that being the only one out of 3 today.

Wybus

20 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #95
Are the leaflet racks at Park Lane and Gateshead Interchange still a thing or are they still like they were when they were first introduced, where half the time it wouldn't be out, and the other half of the time they'd be mostly empty?

Anyone know what the best chances are of getting the Consett/Stanley and Washington bus guides are, has anyone ever seen them on the long distance buses from these areas or would they just be carried on the Venture/Little Pinks
Wybus
20 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #95

Are the leaflet racks at Park Lane and Gateshead Interchange still a thing or are they still like they were when they were first introduced, where half the time it wouldn't be out, and the other half of the time they'd be mostly empty?

Anyone know what the best chances are of getting the Consett/Stanley and Washington bus guides are, has anyone ever seen them on the long distance buses from these areas or would they just be carried on the Venture/Little Pinks

Unber43

20 Mar 2022, 12:28 pm #96
(20 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm)Wybus Are the leaflet racks at Park Lane and Gateshead Interchange still a thing or are they still like they were when they were first introduced, where half the time it wouldn't be out, and the other half of the time they'd be mostly empty?

I go to Prk Lane very often, they are always out and stocked. They had Washington, East Durham and Sunderland guids. 

Consett Guides are regually on the 78
Unber43
20 Mar 2022, 12:28 pm #96

(20 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm)Wybus Are the leaflet racks at Park Lane and Gateshead Interchange still a thing or are they still like they were when they were first introduced, where half the time it wouldn't be out, and the other half of the time they'd be mostly empty?

I go to Prk Lane very often, they are always out and stocked. They had Washington, East Durham and Sunderland guids. 

Consett Guides are regually on the 78

Adrian

20 Mar 2022, 2:58 pm #97

Park Lane, Gateshead, Metrocentre and Eldon Square should have racks provided by Go North East. I don't think Nexus provide their own anywhere, nor do any other operators from what I understand.

Gateshead, Metrocentre (although sometimes slow to replenish stocks) and Park Lane always have the rack out. Eldon Square can be a bit hit and miss.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adrian
20 Mar 2022, 2:58 pm #97

Park Lane, Gateshead, Metrocentre and Eldon Square should have racks provided by Go North East. I don't think Nexus provide their own anywhere, nor do any other operators from what I understand.

Gateshead, Metrocentre (although sometimes slow to replenish stocks) and Park Lane always have the rack out. Eldon Square can be a bit hit and miss.

20 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm #98
(20 Mar 2022, 2:58 pm)Adrian Park Lane, Gateshead, Metrocentre and Eldon Square should have racks provided by Go North East. I don't think Nexus provide their own anywhere, nor do any other operators from what I understand.

Haven't seen the rack out in Gateshead Interchange in weeks and I pass through most days (unless it is now hidden somewhere obscure).
stagecoachbusdepot
20 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm #98

(20 Mar 2022, 2:58 pm)Adrian Park Lane, Gateshead, Metrocentre and Eldon Square should have racks provided by Go North East. I don't think Nexus provide their own anywhere, nor do any other operators from what I understand.

Haven't seen the rack out in Gateshead Interchange in weeks and I pass through most days (unless it is now hidden somewhere obscure).

21 Mar 2022, 7:18 pm #99
Anyone know if the current East Durham guide is the first for that area since printed leaflets were reintroduced in 2019? Have a feeling there may have been editions in 2020 or 2021 but unsure.

Likewise were there any printed leaflets for the Washington locals (81-86) or Hexham locals (68x) in 2020?

And finally, was there a Tyne Valley Ten printed in Sept/Oct 2020?

Thanks!
stagecoachbusdepot
21 Mar 2022, 7:18 pm #99

Anyone know if the current East Durham guide is the first for that area since printed leaflets were reintroduced in 2019? Have a feeling there may have been editions in 2020 or 2021 but unsure.

Likewise were there any printed leaflets for the Washington locals (81-86) or Hexham locals (68x) in 2020?

And finally, was there a Tyne Valley Ten printed in Sept/Oct 2020?

Thanks!

Adrian

21 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm #100
(20 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Haven't seen the rack out in Gateshead Interchange in weeks and I pass through most days (unless it is now hidden somewhere obscure).

Either that, or someone has stuck the whole thing on eBay as a job-lot!  Big Grin

Adrian
21 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm #100

(20 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Haven't seen the rack out in Gateshead Interchange in weeks and I pass through most days (unless it is now hidden somewhere obscure).

Either that, or someone has stuck the whole thing on eBay as a job-lot!  Big Grin

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average