Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat New Housing Estates and Other Developments

New Housing Estates and Other Developments

New Housing Estates and Other Developments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

03 Oct 2020, 2:42 pm #4
(03 Oct 2020, 2:17 pm)Andreos1 It will be interesting to see if there is an S106 and any associated support by the developer towards public transport. 
An extra 185+ cars on the roads around there will be noticeable. 

In the coalfields, there's an awful lot of house building, planning and pontificating going on. 
In addition to the rebuilding of homes by Gentoo, work is going on behind The Beehive, off Sedgeletch Road, Lord Lambton's Estate, on the site of the old coke works at Bournmoor, Phili Yard, alongside Herrington Park and probably others that I've missed.
Forgetting local infrastructure and whether or not schools, GP surgeries etc can cope, I'm not aware of any S106 to increase public transport provision nor development to the existing network on a commercial basis by any operator.
Needless to say, the roads will not be able to cope with the inevitable increase in traffic across the area.

Probably worth an FOI to see what S106 money has been collected and spent in the last 5 years. I'd suggest the majority of it will actually be spent outside of the electoral ward in which it was collected. I'd favour having something like a Land Value Tax in place; charging a levy on the increase of value in land, once developers have finished these estates.

Washington East ward had the big expansion of the Teal Farm estate recently, which ended up giving it village status - with a new pub, shop and chippy. It still doesn't have a bus service that is connected to the rest of the network. Its either a 20 minute walk to Barmston Court or Waterview Park.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 Oct 2020, 2:42 pm #4

(03 Oct 2020, 2:17 pm)Andreos1 It will be interesting to see if there is an S106 and any associated support by the developer towards public transport. 
An extra 185+ cars on the roads around there will be noticeable. 

In the coalfields, there's an awful lot of house building, planning and pontificating going on. 
In addition to the rebuilding of homes by Gentoo, work is going on behind The Beehive, off Sedgeletch Road, Lord Lambton's Estate, on the site of the old coke works at Bournmoor, Phili Yard, alongside Herrington Park and probably others that I've missed.
Forgetting local infrastructure and whether or not schools, GP surgeries etc can cope, I'm not aware of any S106 to increase public transport provision nor development to the existing network on a commercial basis by any operator.
Needless to say, the roads will not be able to cope with the inevitable increase in traffic across the area.

Probably worth an FOI to see what S106 money has been collected and spent in the last 5 years. I'd suggest the majority of it will actually be spent outside of the electoral ward in which it was collected. I'd favour having something like a Land Value Tax in place; charging a levy on the increase of value in land, once developers have finished these estates.

Washington East ward had the big expansion of the Teal Farm estate recently, which ended up giving it village status - with a new pub, shop and chippy. It still doesn't have a bus service that is connected to the rest of the network. Its either a 20 minute walk to Barmston Court or Waterview Park.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 03 Oct 2020, 1:19 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by streetdeckfan - 03 Oct 2020, 1:52 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Andreos1 - 03 Oct 2020, 2:17 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Adrian - 03 Oct 2020, 2:42 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Rob44 - 03 Oct 2020, 3:03 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Adrian - 03 Oct 2020, 4:07 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 03 Oct 2020, 4:54 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Kuyoyo - 03 Oct 2020, 6:53 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by streetdeckfan - 03 Oct 2020, 7:07 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by BusLoverMum - 04 Oct 2020, 3:59 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 04 Oct 2020, 4:36 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 03 Oct 2020, 7:14 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Andreos1 - 03 Oct 2020, 8:18 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Adrian - 04 Oct 2020, 11:22 am
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2020, 1:50 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by streetdeckfan - 03 Oct 2020, 6:44 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 03 Oct 2020, 7:30 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by streetdeckfan - 03 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by idiot - 03 Oct 2020, 11:58 pm
RE: New Housing Estates and Other Developments - by MurdnunoC - 16 Oct 2020, 6:00 pm