Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (132) Previous 1129 130 131 132 Next
22 Apr 2024, 3:05 pm #2,581
there has been a leaked internal notification at SNE regarding the electric vehicle orders between Sunderland, slatyford and Stockton, i will see if i can get a hold of it and post it on here
Edited 22 Apr 2024, 3:08 pm by toward6931.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

toward6931
22 Apr 2024, 3:05 pm #2,581

there has been a leaked internal notification at SNE regarding the electric vehicle orders between Sunderland, slatyford and Stockton, i will see if i can get a hold of it and post it on here

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

22 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm #2,582
does anyone know if the stagecoach policy of having a spare vehicle to cover for electric vehicles is still in force?

i know when i worked at slatyford it was a stagecoach policy that "non standard fueled" vehicles were meant to have a certain percentage of standard vehicles to cover them incase of issues, i think the ratio was 1 "standard" vehicle for every 5 "non standard" vehicles.

this was back in 2013/2014 and that was when there was alot of new vehicle types were still quite new and in their infancy, i only ask because ive been doing some sums for when the new electric vehicles start arriving.
toward6931
22 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm #2,582

does anyone know if the stagecoach policy of having a spare vehicle to cover for electric vehicles is still in force?

i know when i worked at slatyford it was a stagecoach policy that "non standard fueled" vehicles were meant to have a certain percentage of standard vehicles to cover them incase of issues, i think the ratio was 1 "standard" vehicle for every 5 "non standard" vehicles.

this was back in 2013/2014 and that was when there was alot of new vehicle types were still quite new and in their infancy, i only ask because ive been doing some sums for when the new electric vehicles start arriving.

22 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm #2,583
The screenshot say 40 + 18 where shall the 20 remaining go?
Scottish city buses
22 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm #2,583

The screenshot say 40 + 18 where shall the 20 remaining go?

Michael

22 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #2,584
(22 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm)Scottish city buses The screenshot say 40 + 18 where shall the 20 remaining go?

Sunderland: 20 due end of September/October - Yutong

Stockton: 40

Slatyford: 18

= 78

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #2,584

(22 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm)Scottish city buses The screenshot say 40 + 18 where shall the 20 remaining go?

Sunderland: 20 due end of September/October - Yutong

Stockton: 40

Slatyford: 18

= 78

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Apr 2024, 5:25 pm #2,585
(22 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm)toward6931 does anyone know if the stagecoach policy of having a spare vehicle to cover for electric vehicles is still in force?

Technology has come on a long way since then, electric buses are generally more reliable than diesel.

I would imagine Stagecoach will order a c12-14% spare vehicle allocation based on PVR of the routes being electrified, with the spares also being electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
22 Apr 2024, 5:25 pm #2,585

(22 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm)toward6931 does anyone know if the stagecoach policy of having a spare vehicle to cover for electric vehicles is still in force?

Technology has come on a long way since then, electric buses are generally more reliable than diesel.

I would imagine Stagecoach will order a c12-14% spare vehicle allocation based on PVR of the routes being electrified, with the spares also being electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm #2,586
Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?
Scottish city buses
23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm #2,586

Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?

Michael

23 Apr 2024, 5:12 pm #2,587
(23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm)Scottish city buses Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?

They may end up with most of the Stockton fleet.

Not sure on cascades yet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Apr 2024, 5:12 pm #2,587

(23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm)Scottish city buses Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?

They may end up with most of the Stockton fleet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm #2,588
(23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm)Scottish city buses Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?

i think with a bulk of investment on the money making depots, hartlepool and south shields are likely to receive cascades from them
toward6931
23 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm #2,588

(23 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm)Scottish city buses Also what seems to be the plan for the likes of Hartlepool?

i think with a bulk of investment on the money making depots, hartlepool and south shields are likely to receive cascades from them

23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm #2,589
(23 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm)toward6931 i think with a bulk of investment on the money making depots, hartlepool and south shields are likely to receive cascades from them

Best to get rid of the shoddy 39/6s /7s 

Would be interesting in seeing some darts come back to Hartlepool from SS
Scottish city buses
23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm #2,589

(23 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm)toward6931 i think with a bulk of investment on the money making depots, hartlepool and south shields are likely to receive cascades from them

Best to get rid of the shoddy 39/6s /7s 

Would be interesting in seeing some darts come back to Hartlepool from SS

Storx

23 Apr 2024, 9:36 pm #2,590
(23 Apr 2024, 5:12 pm)Michael They may end up with most of the Stockton fleet.

Unless something changes, the Stockton fleet won't be going to Hartlepool they're too long for the pits. Hence it's all midibuses there.
Storx
23 Apr 2024, 9:36 pm #2,590

(23 Apr 2024, 5:12 pm)Michael They may end up with most of the Stockton fleet.

Unless something changes, the Stockton fleet won't be going to Hartlepool they're too long for the pits. Hence it's all midibuses there.

23 Apr 2024, 9:45 pm #2,591
There had full size singles decker before at hartlepool depot
Glen1974
23 Apr 2024, 9:45 pm #2,591

There had full size singles decker before at hartlepool depot

24 Apr 2024, 12:00 pm #2,592
As mentioned before, those were Volvo B10Ms where the engines were located behind the front axle of the bus (as shown here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...7043445414) and not at the rear whilst the Leyland Lynxes were just short enough to fit onto the pits, both types were 11 metres long. Most full size single deckers now are 12 metres long or more as operators went for longer vehicles to make up for the seats lost to the wheelchair / buggy bays as 11 metre buses went from easily carrying around 49 seated passengers to 40 seated passengers in the same chassis length.
Rapidsnap
24 Apr 2024, 12:00 pm #2,592

As mentioned before, those were Volvo B10Ms where the engines were located behind the front axle of the bus (as shown here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...7043445414) and not at the rear whilst the Leyland Lynxes were just short enough to fit onto the pits, both types were 11 metres long. Most full size single deckers now are 12 metres long or more as operators went for longer vehicles to make up for the seats lost to the wheelchair / buggy bays as 11 metre buses went from easily carrying around 49 seated passengers to 40 seated passengers in the same chassis length.

24 Apr 2024, 3:29 pm #2,593
I think if Stockton "loaned" full size single decks to hartlepool and was responsible for the maintenance of them it would be ok, but is their any need for full size buses at hartlepool?
toward6931
24 Apr 2024, 3:29 pm #2,593

I think if Stockton "loaned" full size single decks to hartlepool and was responsible for the maintenance of them it would be ok, but is their any need for full size buses at hartlepool?

24 Apr 2024, 3:38 pm #2,594
(24 Apr 2024, 3:29 pm)toward6931 I think if Stockton "loaned" full size single decks to hartlepool and was responsible for the maintenance of them it would be ok, but is their any need for full size buses at hartlepool?

I think it will more likely be the 15/65 plates which will transfer from South Shields to Hartlepool and then most of stocktons fleet which hasn't dropped to bits will go to shields. 
With all the electrics coming we will see the Gas buses, Darts, ALX300's, 27506/7 and most of the Man E200's. Presumably in that order (going by age besides the gas ones)
logidoodah
24 Apr 2024, 3:38 pm #2,594

(24 Apr 2024, 3:29 pm)toward6931 I think if Stockton "loaned" full size single decks to hartlepool and was responsible for the maintenance of them it would be ok, but is their any need for full size buses at hartlepool?

I think it will more likely be the 15/65 plates which will transfer from South Shields to Hartlepool and then most of stocktons fleet which hasn't dropped to bits will go to shields. 
With all the electrics coming we will see the Gas buses, Darts, ALX300's, 27506/7 and most of the Man E200's. Presumably in that order (going by age besides the gas ones)

24 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm #2,595
Saying that I'm not in Hartlepool much but have family there, they keep saying the buses that are there can get packed quickly, my Grandmother in particular went back to Hartlepool on the No1 bus, and summit about the E200s 36/0s their was a bus broke down and 2 buses got to Middlesbrough and 36089 broke down outside of the stands at Middlesbrough and the back e200 had to take about 50 passengers home ??
Scottish city buses
24 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm #2,595

Saying that I'm not in Hartlepool much but have family there, they keep saying the buses that are there can get packed quickly, my Grandmother in particular went back to Hartlepool on the No1 bus, and summit about the E200s 36/0s their was a bus broke down and 2 buses got to Middlesbrough and 36089 broke down outside of the stands at Middlesbrough and the back e200 had to take about 50 passengers home ??

col87

24 Apr 2024, 9:39 pm #2,596

Once Stockton start getting electric buses the newer buses at Stockton will transfer to Hartlepool.  Am not certain but think the MMCs are similar size to the Manviros so should fit over the pits, the 64 65 plate enviros should just about fit anyway although I suspect the MMCs might remain at Stockton as spares and to cover the 13 and 36 which might be to long for electrics to cover.

(23 Apr 2024, 9:36 pm)Storx Unless something changes, the Stockton fleet won't be going to Hartlepool they're too long for the pits. Hence it's all midibuses there.

Stagecoach themselves have said this is the plan
Edited 24 Apr 2024, 9:41 pm by col87.
col87
24 Apr 2024, 9:39 pm #2,596

Once Stockton start getting electric buses the newer buses at Stockton will transfer to Hartlepool.  Am not certain but think the MMCs are similar size to the Manviros so should fit over the pits, the 64 65 plate enviros should just about fit anyway although I suspect the MMCs might remain at Stockton as spares and to cover the 13 and 36 which might be to long for electrics to cover.

(23 Apr 2024, 9:36 pm)Storx Unless something changes, the Stockton fleet won't be going to Hartlepool they're too long for the pits. Hence it's all midibuses there.

Stagecoach themselves have said this is the plan

col87

24 Apr 2024, 9:52 pm #2,597
(24 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm)Scottish city buses Saying that I'm not in Hartlepool much but have family there, they keep saying the buses that are there can get packed quickly, my Grandmother in particular went back to Hartlepool on the No1 bus, and summit about the E200s 36/0s their was a bus broke down and 2 buses got to Middlesbrough and 36089 broke down outside of the stands at Middlesbrough and the back e200 had to take about 50 passengers home ??

34611 had to be withdrawn yesterday as the speedometer was broke and 34605 apparently broke down at Clavering today.  The 6/7 often gets packed so yes they definitely needs to be full size buses again.  
They three  solutions here for Stagecoach either they improve the pits/build new ones at the existing depot, move to a new and better depot elsewhere in the town, or have Stockton be responsible for the major engineering works on them. but the current plan is Stockton’s buses will be replacing the fleet once they get the electrics so they must be something in place. 
I know they are looking into the Hartlepool network as well and I believe they are looking into bringing at least one former service back on a trail basis.
col87
24 Apr 2024, 9:52 pm #2,597

(24 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm)Scottish city buses Saying that I'm not in Hartlepool much but have family there, they keep saying the buses that are there can get packed quickly, my Grandmother in particular went back to Hartlepool on the No1 bus, and summit about the E200s 36/0s their was a bus broke down and 2 buses got to Middlesbrough and 36089 broke down outside of the stands at Middlesbrough and the back e200 had to take about 50 passengers home ??

34611 had to be withdrawn yesterday as the speedometer was broke and 34605 apparently broke down at Clavering today.  The 6/7 often gets packed so yes they definitely needs to be full size buses again.  
They three  solutions here for Stagecoach either they improve the pits/build new ones at the existing depot, move to a new and better depot elsewhere in the town, or have Stockton be responsible for the major engineering works on them. but the current plan is Stockton’s buses will be replacing the fleet once they get the electrics so they must be something in place. 
I know they are looking into the Hartlepool network as well and I believe they are looking into bringing at least one former service back on a trail basis.

24 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm #2,598
They could use double deckers at Hartlepool but this would be overkill for some routes and would lead to frequency cuts. Would the people want frequent routes with Midibus sized vehicles or infrequent services with double deckers. Alternatively they could rebuild the maintenance area, but again would the cost of doing so be actually worth it to what the Hartlepool routes bring in.
Rapidsnap
24 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm #2,598

They could use double deckers at Hartlepool but this would be overkill for some routes and would lead to frequency cuts. Would the people want frequent routes with Midibus sized vehicles or infrequent services with double deckers. Alternatively they could rebuild the maintenance area, but again would the cost of doing so be actually worth it to what the Hartlepool routes bring in.

24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm #2,599
I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

Rapidsnap
24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm #2,599

I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

col87

25 Apr 2024, 12:17 am #2,600
(24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

While in theory it’s a good idea I don’t think it’s practical. I am not 100 percent certain but that land you highlighted I think is currently used by poolie time exchange who have a warehouse there just out of the picture just behind the depot.  I am actually trying to think where a new depot could be built by no where obvious comes to mind.
col87
25 Apr 2024, 12:17 am #2,600

(24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

While in theory it’s a good idea I don’t think it’s practical. I am not 100 percent certain but that land you highlighted I think is currently used by poolie time exchange who have a warehouse there just out of the picture just behind the depot.  I am actually trying to think where a new depot could be built by no where obvious comes to mind.

Pages (132) Previous 1129 130 131 132 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average