Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus Stops

Bus Stops

Bus Stops

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

12 Nov 2020, 1:43 pm #1
Out of curiosity, how much would it cost DCC, Nexus etc... to remove unused bus stops and shelters.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
12 Nov 2020, 1:43 pm #1

Out of curiosity, how much would it cost DCC, Nexus etc... to remove unused bus stops and shelters.

Charles41

13 Nov 2020, 7:11 am #2
Try submitting a freedom of information request to nexus. They might be able to provide you with costings.

Think they should remove the ones by the Central at the bottom of Gateshead. The road is now blocked off at the Tyne Bridge end.

Charles
Charles41
13 Nov 2020, 7:11 am #2

Try submitting a freedom of information request to nexus. They might be able to provide you with costings.

Think they should remove the ones by the Central at the bottom of Gateshead. The road is now blocked off at the Tyne Bridge end.

Charles

busmanT

13 Nov 2020, 10:42 am #3
(12 Nov 2020, 1:43 pm)ASX_Terranova Out of curiosity, how much would it cost DCC, Nexus etc... to remove unused bus stops and shelters.
They tend not to remove them as any cost incurred is money that they don't need to spend.

Plus they never know when an operator is going to change/introduce a service over a particular route, so taking a stop/shelter out one week might mean it has to be put back 4 months later.
busmanT
13 Nov 2020, 10:42 am #3

(12 Nov 2020, 1:43 pm)ASX_Terranova Out of curiosity, how much would it cost DCC, Nexus etc... to remove unused bus stops and shelters.
They tend not to remove them as any cost incurred is money that they don't need to spend.

Plus they never know when an operator is going to change/introduce a service over a particular route, so taking a stop/shelter out one week might mean it has to be put back 4 months later.

13 Nov 2020, 11:14 am #4
(13 Nov 2020, 10:42 am)busmanT They tend not to remove them as any cost incurred is money that they don't need to spend.

That's what I would have said as well, if it's not costing them anything in upkeep, it makes sense to just leave it as it is.

I'd be more interested in how much it costs to install the bus stops.

I know when GNE extended the X21 to Tindale, they started serving a stop on Greenfields Road that had been removed years ago, and after several months of the stop not having a sign Durham Council finally got round to reinstalling the stop, only for GNE to change the route of the X21 again a few months later so it ran straight down Proudfoot Drive and cut off the stop that had only just been installed.
streetdeckfan
13 Nov 2020, 11:14 am #4

(13 Nov 2020, 10:42 am)busmanT They tend not to remove them as any cost incurred is money that they don't need to spend.

That's what I would have said as well, if it's not costing them anything in upkeep, it makes sense to just leave it as it is.

I'd be more interested in how much it costs to install the bus stops.

I know when GNE extended the X21 to Tindale, they started serving a stop on Greenfields Road that had been removed years ago, and after several months of the stop not having a sign Durham Council finally got round to reinstalling the stop, only for GNE to change the route of the X21 again a few months later so it ran straight down Proudfoot Drive and cut off the stop that had only just been installed.

13 Nov 2020, 3:27 pm #5

We're currently diverting in Jarrow as the Metro Bridge on Albert Road is being repaired, and being sent down Croft Terrace, which still has it's bus stop flags up despite not having a service for at least a decade I think.
deanmachine
13 Nov 2020, 3:27 pm #5

We're currently diverting in Jarrow as the Metro Bridge on Albert Road is being repaired, and being sent down Croft Terrace, which still has it's bus stop flags up despite not having a service for at least a decade I think.

02 Jan 2021, 11:52 am #6
On Google Street View you can still see the old Ryton Hub Bus Stop. Why did all GNE 10s stop there.

ASX_Terranova
02 Jan 2021, 11:52 am #6

On Google Street View you can still see the old Ryton Hub Bus Stop. Why did all GNE 10s stop there.

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average