Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Tyne & Wear Independents A-Line

A-Line

A-Line

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Train8261

23 Nov 2021, 12:44 am #21
(23 Nov 2021, 12:36 am)N391OTY GNE 7111, the one in OK livery, was working for A-Line on school service 151 yesterday afternoon.
On Loan to A Line due to there fleet needing work done. Also have two GNE Citaros + X922 WGR
Train8261
23 Nov 2021, 12:44 am #21

(23 Nov 2021, 12:36 am)N391OTY GNE 7111, the one in OK livery, was working for A-Line on school service 151 yesterday afternoon.
On Loan to A Line due to there fleet needing work done. Also have two GNE Citaros + X922 WGR

LeeCalder

23 Nov 2021, 2:16 pm #22
(23 Nov 2021, 12:44 am)Train8261 On Loan to A Line due to there fleet needing work done. Also have two GNE Citaros + X922 WGR

5279, 5281 and 7111
LeeCalder
23 Nov 2021, 2:16 pm #22

(23 Nov 2021, 12:44 am)Train8261 On Loan to A Line due to there fleet needing work done. Also have two GNE Citaros + X922 WGR

5279, 5281 and 7111

24 Nov 2021, 6:30 pm #23
A-Line looks to have gained another ex Lothian B7RLE, there was one inside the shed at Pelaw today, I'm sure it's the same one I saw near Cramlington one evening the other week.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Nov 2021, 6:30 pm #23

A-Line looks to have gained another ex Lothian B7RLE, there was one inside the shed at Pelaw today, I'm sure it's the same one I saw near Cramlington one evening the other week.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

10 Dec 2021, 12:59 am #24
OK coach 7111 is nice to ride on.

Any chance of A-line getting any more work? They are a good operator.
OrangeArrow49
10 Dec 2021, 12:59 am #24

OK coach 7111 is nice to ride on.

Any chance of A-line getting any more work? They are a good operator.

27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am #25
Service suggestion

New hourly service from Kingston Park to Rowlands Gill, via Westerhope, Slatyford, Whickham View, Blaydon, and Winlaton Mill.

Is the 941 good for getting to Blaydon?
OrangeArrow49
27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am #25

Service suggestion

New hourly service from Kingston Park to Rowlands Gill, via Westerhope, Slatyford, Whickham View, Blaydon, and Winlaton Mill.

Train8261

27 Dec 2021, 7:39 am #26
(27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am)OrangeArrow49 Service suggestion

941 by A Line doesn't go to Blaydon
Train8261
27 Dec 2021, 7:39 am #26

(27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am)OrangeArrow49 Service suggestion

941 by A Line doesn't go to Blaydon

27 Dec 2021, 8:05 am #27
(27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am)OrangeArrow49 Is the 941 good for getting to Blaydon?

If you're fine with walking 20-25 minutes along the Chain Bridge Road then yeah.
omnicity4659
27 Dec 2021, 8:05 am #27

(27 Dec 2021, 2:31 am)OrangeArrow49 Is the 941 good for getting to Blaydon?

If you're fine with walking 20-25 minutes along the Chain Bridge Road then yeah.

27 Dec 2021, 1:58 pm #28
(27 Dec 2021, 8:05 am)omnicity4659 If you're fine with walking 20-25 minutes along the Chain Bridge Road then yeah.

Oh, I like a nice walk. The 941 (AM) and 792 (PM) offer the most direct link to Blaydon from the West End of Newcastle (Denton Burn/Whickham View/Fenham/Slatyford/Cowgate/Blakelaw). It's a genuine shame there isn't a regular service running this route as it shows Blaydon is actually quite local and yet requires a bus into Newcastle and then anther bus out. Stagecoach could operate a service as they do serve Metrocentre, but I think GNE or A-line would be the best operator and could run to somewhere like Rowlands Gill or Consett maybe, from as far as Kingston Park or Regent Centre maybe. Direct links should be offered to nearby places rather than always having to go into Newcastle for another bus. 792 to Benton also bypasses the city centre, although just a short walk along Great North Road, and provides a quick and reliable link. Works services are great and far better than ordinary public services.
OrangeArrow49
27 Dec 2021, 1:58 pm #28

(27 Dec 2021, 8:05 am)omnicity4659 If you're fine with walking 20-25 minutes along the Chain Bridge Road then yeah.

Oh, I like a nice walk. The 941 (AM) and 792 (PM) offer the most direct link to Blaydon from the West End of Newcastle (Denton Burn/Whickham View/Fenham/Slatyford/Cowgate/Blakelaw). It's a genuine shame there isn't a regular service running this route as it shows Blaydon is actually quite local and yet requires a bus into Newcastle and then anther bus out. Stagecoach could operate a service as they do serve Metrocentre, but I think GNE or A-line would be the best operator and could run to somewhere like Rowlands Gill or Consett maybe, from as far as Kingston Park or Regent Centre maybe. Direct links should be offered to nearby places rather than always having to go into Newcastle for another bus. 792 to Benton also bypasses the city centre, although just a short walk along Great North Road, and provides a quick and reliable link. Works services are great and far better than ordinary public services.

Andreos1

27 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm #29
(27 Dec 2021, 1:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 Oh, I like a nice walk. The 941 (AM) and 792 (PM) offer the most direct link to Blaydon from the West End of Newcastle (Denton Burn/Whickham View/Fenham/Slatyford/Cowgate/Blakelaw). It's a genuine shame there isn't a regular service running this route as it shows Blaydon is actually quite local and yet requires a bus into Newcastle and then anther bus out. Stagecoach could operate a service as they do serve Metrocentre, but I think GNE or A-line would be the best operator and could run to somewhere like Rowlands Gill or Consett maybe, from as far as Kingston Park or Regent Centre maybe. Direct links should be offered to nearby places rather than always having to go into Newcastle for another bus. 792 to Benton also bypasses the city centre, although just a short walk along Great North Road, and provides a quick and reliable link. Works services are great and far better than ordinary public services.

That's hub and spoke for you.
It doesn't seem to work for anyone but the operators, but they insist on continuing with it. 

The inconvenience of hub and spoke, is one of the reasons (imo) we see people making the switch to the car when they get a chance. 
Of course, there are others, but when you think that the hub and spoke model is an internal factor to the operators and one they can change, then it makes you wonder why they don't...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm #29

(27 Dec 2021, 1:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 Oh, I like a nice walk. The 941 (AM) and 792 (PM) offer the most direct link to Blaydon from the West End of Newcastle (Denton Burn/Whickham View/Fenham/Slatyford/Cowgate/Blakelaw). It's a genuine shame there isn't a regular service running this route as it shows Blaydon is actually quite local and yet requires a bus into Newcastle and then anther bus out. Stagecoach could operate a service as they do serve Metrocentre, but I think GNE or A-line would be the best operator and could run to somewhere like Rowlands Gill or Consett maybe, from as far as Kingston Park or Regent Centre maybe. Direct links should be offered to nearby places rather than always having to go into Newcastle for another bus. 792 to Benton also bypasses the city centre, although just a short walk along Great North Road, and provides a quick and reliable link. Works services are great and far better than ordinary public services.

That's hub and spoke for you.
It doesn't seem to work for anyone but the operators, but they insist on continuing with it. 

The inconvenience of hub and spoke, is one of the reasons (imo) we see people making the switch to the car when they get a chance. 
Of course, there are others, but when you think that the hub and spoke model is an internal factor to the operators and one they can change, then it makes you wonder why they don't...

27 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm #30
(27 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm)Andreos1 That's hub and spoke for you.

Hub and spoke makes sense in some cases, the city centre is the centre and is therefore naturally a hub. Many services need to pass through, such as for Byker/Walker/Wallsend and onto Cobalt and Killingworth. Equally buses need to serve all of the different areas, terminating in the city centre. However Blaydon not having a service is an odd thing as the 6/7/8 all serve Scotswood Road and the 6 and 7 continue to Metrocentre, Stagecoach and GNE both serving Metrocentre and Scotswood Road and I only realised from the 792 and 941 that Blaydon is quite close to Cowgate, Fenham, Denton Burn etc and could be reached from West Denton or Westerhope perhaps. There obviously mustn't be the demand, but it's a real shame as Westerhope is quickly reached from as far away as South Shields and Hexham, but only the 74 utilises the link.

I would love to see West Newcastle linked to Gateshead and this could be a good opportunity for A-line and GNE to expand and enter new territory. Henry Cooper should run a service from Kingston Park into North Tyneside, maybe Wallsend or Tynemouth, via Fenham.
OrangeArrow49
27 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm #30

(27 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm)Andreos1 That's hub and spoke for you.

Hub and spoke makes sense in some cases, the city centre is the centre and is therefore naturally a hub. Many services need to pass through, such as for Byker/Walker/Wallsend and onto Cobalt and Killingworth. Equally buses need to serve all of the different areas, terminating in the city centre. However Blaydon not having a service is an odd thing as the 6/7/8 all serve Scotswood Road and the 6 and 7 continue to Metrocentre, Stagecoach and GNE both serving Metrocentre and Scotswood Road and I only realised from the 792 and 941 that Blaydon is quite close to Cowgate, Fenham, Denton Burn etc and could be reached from West Denton or Westerhope perhaps. There obviously mustn't be the demand, but it's a real shame as Westerhope is quickly reached from as far away as South Shields and Hexham, but only the 74 utilises the link.

I would love to see West Newcastle linked to Gateshead and this could be a good opportunity for A-line and GNE to expand and enter new territory. Henry Cooper should run a service from Kingston Park into North Tyneside, maybe Wallsend or Tynemouth, via Fenham.

Andreos1

28 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm #31
(27 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hub and spoke makes sense in some cases, the city centre is the centre and is therefore naturally a hub. Many services need to pass through, such as for Byker/Walker/Wallsend and onto Cobalt and Killingworth. Equally buses need to serve all of the different areas, terminating in the city centre. However Blaydon not having a service is an odd thing as the 6/7/8 all serve Scotswood Road and the 6 and 7 continue to Metrocentre, Stagecoach and GNE both serving Metrocentre and Scotswood Road and I only realised from the 792 and 941 that Blaydon is quite close to Cowgate, Fenham, Denton Burn etc and could be reached from West Denton or Westerhope perhaps. There obviously mustn't be the demand, but it's a real shame as Westerhope is quickly reached from as far away as South Shields and Hexham, but only the 74 utilises the link.

I don't think there needs to be as many buses through the city centre as there is - following each other east to west or vice versa.

I don't think any operator would know what the demand from the west end to Blaydon or the metro centre is to be honest.
Unless they knock on people's windows whilst they're stuck in the widening works or stand on slip-roads off the Western Bypass and speak to all of the drivers making those trips to find out where they started their journey and where they're ending it.
Not sure many people would prefer to make the journey to those places from various parts of the west end by bus (in to and out of the town) for a trip that could be done a lot quicker via other means.

Andreos1
28 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm #31

(27 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hub and spoke makes sense in some cases, the city centre is the centre and is therefore naturally a hub. Many services need to pass through, such as for Byker/Walker/Wallsend and onto Cobalt and Killingworth. Equally buses need to serve all of the different areas, terminating in the city centre. However Blaydon not having a service is an odd thing as the 6/7/8 all serve Scotswood Road and the 6 and 7 continue to Metrocentre, Stagecoach and GNE both serving Metrocentre and Scotswood Road and I only realised from the 792 and 941 that Blaydon is quite close to Cowgate, Fenham, Denton Burn etc and could be reached from West Denton or Westerhope perhaps. There obviously mustn't be the demand, but it's a real shame as Westerhope is quickly reached from as far away as South Shields and Hexham, but only the 74 utilises the link.

I don't think there needs to be as many buses through the city centre as there is - following each other east to west or vice versa.

I don't think any operator would know what the demand from the west end to Blaydon or the metro centre is to be honest.
Unless they knock on people's windows whilst they're stuck in the widening works or stand on slip-roads off the Western Bypass and speak to all of the drivers making those trips to find out where they started their journey and where they're ending it.
Not sure many people would prefer to make the journey to those places from various parts of the west end by bus (in to and out of the town) for a trip that could be done a lot quicker via other means.

30 Dec 2021, 1:04 am #32
(28 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm)Andreos1 I don't think there needs to be as many buses through the city centre as there is - following each other east to west or vice versa.

Not many buses pass through really, most start/finish in the city centre. 10/11, 12, 22, 30/31, 32/32A, 36, 39/40 and 62/63 are the only services I can think of which pass through. I'm not sure what could be done to reduce the number of services passing through. Direct links are good, and this requires buses serving the city centre. 6/7 serve local communities without going into town, and perhaps a new service from West Newcastle to Blaydon could work (it works for the Metrocentre) and could be a GNE or A-line service, maybe extended to Rowlands Gill or Consett in the future.
OrangeArrow49
30 Dec 2021, 1:04 am #32

(28 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm)Andreos1 I don't think there needs to be as many buses through the city centre as there is - following each other east to west or vice versa.

Not many buses pass through really, most start/finish in the city centre. 10/11, 12, 22, 30/31, 32/32A, 36, 39/40 and 62/63 are the only services I can think of which pass through. I'm not sure what could be done to reduce the number of services passing through. Direct links are good, and this requires buses serving the city centre. 6/7 serve local communities without going into town, and perhaps a new service from West Newcastle to Blaydon could work (it works for the Metrocentre) and could be a GNE or A-line service, maybe extended to Rowlands Gill or Consett in the future.

31 Dec 2021, 1:01 pm #33
I could get the 941 to link with the 12/12A to Blaydon and Newcastle. A-line is a good operator to use. Hopefully the 12/12A will always exist in case the 684 is withdrawn in the future. When are the Hexham contracts going to be awarded?
OrangeArrow49
31 Dec 2021, 1:01 pm #33

I could get the 941 to link with the 12/12A to Blaydon and Newcastle. A-line is a good operator to use. Hopefully the 12/12A will always exist in case the 684 is withdrawn in the future. When are the Hexham contracts going to be awarded?

Omega54

28 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm #34
Could A-Line Purchase some of GNE's Euro 6 Scania's so they can offer work in Newcastle city centre.
Omega54
28 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm #34

Could A-Line Purchase some of GNE's Euro 6 Scania's so they can offer work in Newcastle city centre.

28 Feb 2022, 6:55 pm #35
(28 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm)Omega54 Could A-Line Purchase some of GNE's Euro 6 Scania's so they can offer work in Newcastle city centre.

That's a good idea actually. A-Line is a good operator and they should get more work, they have supported GNE in recent months so could probably get a good deal.
OrangeArrow49
28 Feb 2022, 6:55 pm #35

(28 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm)Omega54 Could A-Line Purchase some of GNE's Euro 6 Scania's so they can offer work in Newcastle city centre.

That's a good idea actually. A-Line is a good operator and they should get more work, they have supported GNE in recent months so could probably get a good deal.

21 Mar 2022, 5:50 pm #36
Just seen Mercedes-Benz Tourismo BF16 XPN on the 792 service to Blackhall Mill.

Can anyone tell me who owns this coach?

Thank you.
OrangeArrow49
21 Mar 2022, 5:50 pm #36

Just seen Mercedes-Benz Tourismo BF16 XPN on the 792 service to Blackhall Mill.

Thank you.

LVK 404L

21 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm #37
(21 Mar 2022, 5:50 pm)OrangeArrow49 Just seen Mercedes-Benz Tourismo BF16 XPN on the 792 service to Blackhall Mill.

Thank you.
It's Aline  
Newish coach, said on twitter to watch out for day trips coming soon.
LVK 404L
21 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm #37

(21 Mar 2022, 5:50 pm)OrangeArrow49 Just seen Mercedes-Benz Tourismo BF16 XPN on the 792 service to Blackhall Mill.

Thank you.
It's Aline  

21 Mar 2022, 6:04 pm #38
(21 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm)ifm001 It's Aline  

Thanks. Could do with some A-Line branding. Nice coach. Are the day trips expensive?
OrangeArrow49
21 Mar 2022, 6:04 pm #38

(21 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm)ifm001 It's Aline  

Thanks. Could do with some A-Line branding. Nice coach. Are the day trips expensive?

Unber43

21 Mar 2022, 6:41 pm #39
(28 Feb 2022, 6:55 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's a good idea actually. A-Line is a good operator and they should get more work, they have supported GNE in recent months so could probably get a good deal.
I agree with this, they could also work some contracts which have a PVR of 2 or 3. They probs could get 2, 3 maybe 4 off GNE for a good deal like you say, if they have contracted work in place
Unber43
21 Mar 2022, 6:41 pm #39

(28 Feb 2022, 6:55 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's a good idea actually. A-Line is a good operator and they should get more work, they have supported GNE in recent months so could probably get a good deal.
I agree with this, they could also work some contracts which have a PVR of 2 or 3. They probs could get 2, 3 maybe 4 off GNE for a good deal like you say, if they have contracted work in place

Train8261

21 Mar 2022, 8:57 pm #40
(21 Mar 2022, 6:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks. Could do with some A-Line branding. Nice coach. Are the day trips expensive?
It's getting painted soon
Train8261
21 Mar 2022, 8:57 pm #40

(21 Mar 2022, 6:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks. Could do with some A-Line branding. Nice coach. Are the day trips expensive?
It's getting painted soon

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average