Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Pricing

Pricing

Pricing

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (89) Previous 164 65 6689 Next
mb134

03 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm #1,281
I don't imagine that there are an awful lot of people who currently use cars to work that will be open to switching to the bus - there's likely a reason they started using a car in the first place. As has been said the cost for people will likely always be cheaper than running a car, however when folk need to start changing bus or when the bus takes twice the time a car does then no amount of USBs and tables will be of benefit.

The challenge, at least from my point of view, is getting people to use the buses for leisure in evenings and on weekends. More attractive evening ticket options are likely the best way to go about that - coupled with half decent evening frequencies. Weekends are easier to target - parking in Newcastle, for example, is horrendous when Newcastle are playing at home and people are more likely to want to have a drink on a weekend as well.
mb134
03 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm #1,281

I don't imagine that there are an awful lot of people who currently use cars to work that will be open to switching to the bus - there's likely a reason they started using a car in the first place. As has been said the cost for people will likely always be cheaper than running a car, however when folk need to start changing bus or when the bus takes twice the time a car does then no amount of USBs and tables will be of benefit.

The challenge, at least from my point of view, is getting people to use the buses for leisure in evenings and on weekends. More attractive evening ticket options are likely the best way to go about that - coupled with half decent evening frequencies. Weekends are easier to target - parking in Newcastle, for example, is horrendous when Newcastle are playing at home and people are more likely to want to have a drink on a weekend as well.

03 Mar 2020, 2:49 pm #1,282
(03 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm)mb134 I don't imagine that there are an awful lot of people who currently use cars to work that will be open to switching to the bus - there's likely a reason they started using a car in the first place. As has been said the cost for people will likely always be cheaper than running a car, however when folk need to start changing bus or when the bus takes twice the time a car does then no amount of USBs and tables will be of benefit.

The thing is, all the people who need to travel by bus will already be travelling by bus. Now it's a case of convincing to switch from car to bus.
And like you say, they need to get people to use it for leisure before they'll use it for commuting.

In my opinion changing buses isn't necessarily an issue, but when you have to change in the likes of Durham Bus Station and Eldon Square it's an absolute nightmare trying to find where your next bus is. I personally think the layout of Gateshead Interchange is far better from a usability perspective, mainly because there's plenty of room so buses can park near their intended stand!

GNE need to start running the X21 to West Auckland on a later into the evening and on Sundays as for people there the only option during the evenings/Sundays is Arriva, and why would they switch if they can only use them during the daytime?
streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 2:49 pm #1,282

(03 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm)mb134 I don't imagine that there are an awful lot of people who currently use cars to work that will be open to switching to the bus - there's likely a reason they started using a car in the first place. As has been said the cost for people will likely always be cheaper than running a car, however when folk need to start changing bus or when the bus takes twice the time a car does then no amount of USBs and tables will be of benefit.

The thing is, all the people who need to travel by bus will already be travelling by bus. Now it's a case of convincing to switch from car to bus.
And like you say, they need to get people to use it for leisure before they'll use it for commuting.

In my opinion changing buses isn't necessarily an issue, but when you have to change in the likes of Durham Bus Station and Eldon Square it's an absolute nightmare trying to find where your next bus is. I personally think the layout of Gateshead Interchange is far better from a usability perspective, mainly because there's plenty of room so buses can park near their intended stand!

GNE need to start running the X21 to West Auckland on a later into the evening and on Sundays as for people there the only option during the evenings/Sundays is Arriva, and why would they switch if they can only use them during the daytime?

03 Mar 2020, 2:52 pm #1,283
I completely agree, i have 2 routes in front of my house that can have me at the metrocentre in 36 mins. I would at this moment in time never use them. Its simply too expensive when you already have a car sat outside the house.

I genuinely do not believe that i would consider the bus to be a viable option into the metro/newcastle for leisure unless it was £1 each way, £2 at an absolute push. No way would that be commercially viable for any operator.
WheelBus1986
03 Mar 2020, 2:52 pm #1,283

I completely agree, i have 2 routes in front of my house that can have me at the metrocentre in 36 mins. I would at this moment in time never use them. Its simply too expensive when you already have a car sat outside the house.

I genuinely do not believe that i would consider the bus to be a viable option into the metro/newcastle for leisure unless it was £1 each way, £2 at an absolute push. No way would that be commercially viable for any operator.

03 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm #1,284
(03 Mar 2020, 2:52 pm)WheelBus1986 I completely agree, i have 2 routes in front of my house that can have me at the metrocentre in 36 mins. I would at this moment in time never use them. Its simply too expensive when you already have a car sat outside the house.

If you already have the car, that's the major expense already covered (unless it's on finance). And I don't think many people would want to get rid of their car and switch to bus fully. If you have 2 cars, maybe selling one and travelling by bus would be viable as you would still have a car for 'emergencies'

What they need to focus on is getting young people to use the bus before they get a car. And in that respect, I think having high spec vehicles, with WiFi, USB charging, comfortable seats is the only option. If your only experience of a bus is what crap they use on scholars services, then you'd never want to travel by bus (I know because I was in that exact situation. After I left school, I didn't use the bus for a good year or two, until they started getting the Streetlites and I never used the X21 until they got the StreetDecks)
streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm #1,284

(03 Mar 2020, 2:52 pm)WheelBus1986 I completely agree, i have 2 routes in front of my house that can have me at the metrocentre in 36 mins. I would at this moment in time never use them. Its simply too expensive when you already have a car sat outside the house.

If you already have the car, that's the major expense already covered (unless it's on finance). And I don't think many people would want to get rid of their car and switch to bus fully. If you have 2 cars, maybe selling one and travelling by bus would be viable as you would still have a car for 'emergencies'

What they need to focus on is getting young people to use the bus before they get a car. And in that respect, I think having high spec vehicles, with WiFi, USB charging, comfortable seats is the only option. If your only experience of a bus is what crap they use on scholars services, then you'd never want to travel by bus (I know because I was in that exact situation. After I left school, I didn't use the bus for a good year or two, until they started getting the Streetlites and I never used the X21 until they got the StreetDecks)

Big O

03 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm #1,285
To be honest young people will never give up cars for buses, I was doing some digging and I saw that the red kite route used to have Omnicitys, to go from Omnicitys to Streetlites is a real downgrade and people notice these things, leather and WiFi can't disguise from the fact, the bus is noticeably smaller and more uncomfortable. There seems to be a heavy drinking culture up this way so I imagine weekend tickets is the way forward or some sort of promotion for clubbers is an avenue.
Big O
03 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm #1,285

To be honest young people will never give up cars for buses, I was doing some digging and I saw that the red kite route used to have Omnicitys, to go from Omnicitys to Streetlites is a real downgrade and people notice these things, leather and WiFi can't disguise from the fact, the bus is noticeably smaller and more uncomfortable. There seems to be a heavy drinking culture up this way so I imagine weekend tickets is the way forward or some sort of promotion for clubbers is an avenue.

BusLoverMum

03 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #1,286
(03 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm)Big O To be honest young people will never give up cars for buses, I was doing some digging and I saw that the red kite route used to have Omnicitys, to go from Omnicitys to Streetlites is a real downgrade and people notice these things, leather and WiFi can't disguise from the fact, the bus is noticeably smaller and more uncomfortable. There seems to be a heavy drinking culture up this way so I imagine weekend tickets is the way forward or some sort of promotion for clubbers is an avenue.
That's part of the reason for the introduction of the 24 hour tickets as well as the 5 for £5 in the evening type tickets.
BusLoverMum
03 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #1,286

(03 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm)Big O To be honest young people will never give up cars for buses, I was doing some digging and I saw that the red kite route used to have Omnicitys, to go from Omnicitys to Streetlites is a real downgrade and people notice these things, leather and WiFi can't disguise from the fact, the bus is noticeably smaller and more uncomfortable. There seems to be a heavy drinking culture up this way so I imagine weekend tickets is the way forward or some sort of promotion for clubbers is an avenue.
That's part of the reason for the introduction of the 24 hour tickets as well as the 5 for £5 in the evening type tickets.

Andreos1

03 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm #1,287
(03 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm)streetdeckfan If you already have the car, that's the major expense already covered (unless it's on finance).  And I don't think many people would want to get rid of their car and switch to bus fully. If you have 2 cars, maybe selling one and travelling by bus would be viable as you would still have a car for 'emergencies'

The costs for our cars are fixed. 
There's only additional fuel that we need to pay for, as and when we need it. 

As I've said repeatedly, I can charge my phone and listen to my music in the car.
EldestC passed his test last year and can do the same in his car even though its 10 years old. It takes him 10 mins to drive to see his girlfriend, rather than an hour and two buses. 
MrsC has the same facilities in her car. 

Three individuals that could switch a percentage of their journeys to public transport. 
If it's not financially attractive to do so, then those percentage of journeys will be at the smaller end of the scale and that's with me having worked in transport and who classes himself as an enthusiast.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
03 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm #1,287

(03 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm)streetdeckfan If you already have the car, that's the major expense already covered (unless it's on finance).  And I don't think many people would want to get rid of their car and switch to bus fully. If you have 2 cars, maybe selling one and travelling by bus would be viable as you would still have a car for 'emergencies'

The costs for our cars are fixed. 

As I've said repeatedly, I can charge my phone and listen to my music in the car.
EldestC passed his test last year and can do the same in his car even though its 10 years old. It takes him 10 mins to drive to see his girlfriend, rather than an hour and two buses. 

Three individuals that could switch a percentage of their journeys to public transport. 
If it's not financially attractive to do so, then those percentage of journeys will be at the smaller end of the scale and that's with me having worked in transport and who classes himself as an enthusiast.

mb134

03 Mar 2020, 9:52 pm #1,288
(03 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm)Andreos1 The costs for our cars are fixed. 

This is exactly it. Due to ridiculous rail fares and not always being able to book in advance, it's cheaper 9 times out of 10 for me to fill my car up to drive Aberdeen - Newcastle and back than a standard return is on LNER - and I'll still have around quarter of a tank left over. In addition, I can stop when I want for some edible food (as opposed to the trash served up for ridiculous prices in the Cafe Bar) and because of the prehistoric train infrastructure north of Edinburgh the car is about an hour quicker than the train + bus combo door to door. 

Bar my journey to work which is £1.50 each way, its a similar story for buses. £3.80 for a student day ticket with First, but majority of the time I can drive wherever I need to go in the city for £2 max.
mb134
03 Mar 2020, 9:52 pm #1,288

(03 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm)Andreos1 The costs for our cars are fixed. 

This is exactly it. Due to ridiculous rail fares and not always being able to book in advance, it's cheaper 9 times out of 10 for me to fill my car up to drive Aberdeen - Newcastle and back than a standard return is on LNER - and I'll still have around quarter of a tank left over. In addition, I can stop when I want for some edible food (as opposed to the trash served up for ridiculous prices in the Cafe Bar) and because of the prehistoric train infrastructure north of Edinburgh the car is about an hour quicker than the train + bus combo door to door. 

Bar my journey to work which is £1.50 each way, its a similar story for buses. £3.80 for a student day ticket with First, but majority of the time I can drive wherever I need to go in the city for £2 max.

Andreos1

08 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm #1,289
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51791445

"The problem with reducing fares is that buses are very expensive to buy.

"So, if we're going to buy more of them, which is absolutely what we should be doing, then we do need help with funding for that"

Really?
Appreciate there isn't a public breakdown of how much profit was made in the North East last year, but there's detail of the group profit and revenue in this link. 
https://www.go-ahead.com/media/press-rel...-june-2019

It's almost as if they're scraping down the back of the sofa for spare pound coins Huh

Andreos1
08 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm #1,289

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51791445

"The problem with reducing fares is that buses are very expensive to buy.

"So, if we're going to buy more of them, which is absolutely what we should be doing, then we do need help with funding for that"

Really?
Appreciate there isn't a public breakdown of how much profit was made in the North East last year, but there's detail of the group profit and revenue in this link. 

It's almost as if they're scraping down the back of the sofa for spare pound coins Huh

08 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #1,290
(08 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm)Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51791445

Really?

GNE haven't submitted their accounts for 2019 just yet, but in 2018 they made a profit of about £4 million after taxes

To put that in to perspective, they spent about £8 million on the StreetDecks that haven't arrived yet

Actually, reading a more, that's the year they bought EY, so I wonder if that's taken in to account. Frankly it's been far too long since I did my accountancy course to remember how to read them!

.png
GNE Profit.PNG
Size 31.17 KB / Downloads 11
streetdeckfan
08 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm #1,290

(08 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm)Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51791445

Really?

GNE haven't submitted their accounts for 2019 just yet, but in 2018 they made a profit of about £4 million after taxes

To put that in to perspective, they spent about £8 million on the StreetDecks that haven't arrived yet

Actually, reading a more, that's the year they bought EY, so I wonder if that's taken in to account. Frankly it's been far too long since I did my accountancy course to remember how to read them!

.png
GNE Profit.PNG
Size 31.17 KB / Downloads 11

Storx

09 Mar 2020, 9:31 am #1,291
(08 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm)streetdeckfan GNE haven't submitted their accounts for 2019 just yet, but in 2018 they made a profit of about £4 million after taxes

Buying buses and EY aren't an expense so they won't be on the income statement. Depreciation will be though however, I'd assume it'd be a straight line of upto 15 years (depending on bus) so there will be expensives for every bus in the fleet. EY will never be on it, unless they revaluate the property. Potentially there could be interest aswell as I doubt they'll pay the full amount up front or take a loan.

That's also for June 2017 to June 2018 not the year 2018.
Storx
09 Mar 2020, 9:31 am #1,291

(08 Mar 2020, 9:00 pm)streetdeckfan GNE haven't submitted their accounts for 2019 just yet, but in 2018 they made a profit of about £4 million after taxes

Buying buses and EY aren't an expense so they won't be on the income statement. Depreciation will be though however, I'd assume it'd be a straight line of upto 15 years (depending on bus) so there will be expensives for every bus in the fleet. EY will never be on it, unless they revaluate the property. Potentially there could be interest aswell as I doubt they'll pay the full amount up front or take a loan.

That's also for June 2017 to June 2018 not the year 2018.

LeeCalder

14 Apr 2020, 8:22 am #1,292
Having travelled on the 21 to Chester-le-Street for a shopping visit to Tesco last week, I asked my Mother how much she reckoned it cost me to get from Barley Mow to Chester-le-Street.

She said £1.20. It's actually £2.30.

Her reaction: WHAT, to get to Chester!?

This is exactly why she uses her car, and I suspect many others. £2.30 for a 5 minute journey!
LeeCalder
14 Apr 2020, 8:22 am #1,292

Having travelled on the 21 to Chester-le-Street for a shopping visit to Tesco last week, I asked my Mother how much she reckoned it cost me to get from Barley Mow to Chester-le-Street.

This is exactly why she uses her car, and I suspect many others. £2.30 for a 5 minute journey!

14 Apr 2020, 12:19 pm #1,293
(14 Apr 2020, 8:22 am)LeeCalder Having travelled on the 21 to Chester-le-Street for a shopping visit to Tesco last week, I asked my Mother how much she reckoned it cost me to get from Barley Mow to Chester-le-Street.

As I understand it, it's not necessarily about the distance of the journey, but about how many fare stages it goes through (Is that the correct terminology?)

While I don't know exactly how it works, I believe the price is determined by how many main stops you pass, that's why if you look at your ticket the 'valid to' it may not necessarily be the stop you asked for. I don't know if it still works the same as I haven't bought a ticket in years, but the 'boarding stage' might be miles away from where you boarded as that would be the start of that 'stage'.

After a quick play around with the fare calculator, it seems you were just on the wrong edge of the fare stage as it's the same price from the far end of Birtley as it is from Barley Mow

Barley Mow to CLS ~1.5 miles £2.30
Birtley Coach and Horses  to CLS ~3.3 miles also £2.30

It'd be quite interesting to see what is the furthest you can go for each ticket price, I'd imagine it would vary greatly by area!
To go from Bishop Auckland to West Auckland, for instance, which is a distance of ~4 miles is only £1.60
streetdeckfan
14 Apr 2020, 12:19 pm #1,293

(14 Apr 2020, 8:22 am)LeeCalder Having travelled on the 21 to Chester-le-Street for a shopping visit to Tesco last week, I asked my Mother how much she reckoned it cost me to get from Barley Mow to Chester-le-Street.

As I understand it, it's not necessarily about the distance of the journey, but about how many fare stages it goes through (Is that the correct terminology?)

While I don't know exactly how it works, I believe the price is determined by how many main stops you pass, that's why if you look at your ticket the 'valid to' it may not necessarily be the stop you asked for. I don't know if it still works the same as I haven't bought a ticket in years, but the 'boarding stage' might be miles away from where you boarded as that would be the start of that 'stage'.

After a quick play around with the fare calculator, it seems you were just on the wrong edge of the fare stage as it's the same price from the far end of Birtley as it is from Barley Mow

It'd be quite interesting to see what is the furthest you can go for each ticket price, I'd imagine it would vary greatly by area!
To go from Bishop Auckland to West Auckland, for instance, which is a distance of ~4 miles is only £1.60

Rob44

14 Apr 2020, 12:27 pm #1,294
its worse when you board a bus to Newcastle... lets say the 56 and its £3.20. But the next day you board at the same stop lets say the 28 and its only £230. That is confusing
Rob44
14 Apr 2020, 12:27 pm #1,294

its worse when you board a bus to Newcastle... lets say the 56 and its £3.20. But the next day you board at the same stop lets say the 28 and its only £230. That is confusing

LeeCalder

14 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm #1,295
(14 Apr 2020, 12:19 pm)streetdeckfan As I understand it, it's not necessarily about the distance of the journey, but about how many fare stages it goes through (Is that the correct terminology?)

I'm well aware of how fare stages work, thanks...

Try telling that to a non-bus user and regardless of the explanation they'll still think it's too expensive.
LeeCalder
14 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm #1,295

(14 Apr 2020, 12:19 pm)streetdeckfan As I understand it, it's not necessarily about the distance of the journey, but about how many fare stages it goes through (Is that the correct terminology?)

I'm well aware of how fare stages work, thanks...

Try telling that to a non-bus user and regardless of the explanation they'll still think it's too expensive.

14 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm #1,296
(14 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm)LeeCalder I'm well aware of how fare stages work, thanks...

Maybe if GNE published a fares table that showed how the tickets work it would be a lot less confusing!

I've said many times in this topic that if you're just doing quick hop on-hop off journeys, buses aren't exactly the best value for money, but when you compare it to the full price of running a car (insurance, tax, fuel, depreciation etc.) they're still not 'expensive'.

Sure, if you already have a car then it may seem expensive, but if you don't have one, then it's still cheaper to pay the single ticket price, and if you use it regularly, it's waaay cheaper to buy a multi use ticket.
streetdeckfan
14 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm #1,296

(14 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm)LeeCalder I'm well aware of how fare stages work, thanks...

Maybe if GNE published a fares table that showed how the tickets work it would be a lot less confusing!

I've said many times in this topic that if you're just doing quick hop on-hop off journeys, buses aren't exactly the best value for money, but when you compare it to the full price of running a car (insurance, tax, fuel, depreciation etc.) they're still not 'expensive'.

Sure, if you already have a car then it may seem expensive, but if you don't have one, then it's still cheaper to pay the single ticket price, and if you use it regularly, it's waaay cheaper to buy a multi use ticket.

LVK 404L

14 Apr 2020, 2:23 pm #1,297
(14 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm)streetdeckfan Maybe if GNE published a fares table that showed how the tickets work it would be a lot less confusing!

Its not so much the fare stages its also the luxury of wi fi. Tables.double decker with a view etc. 
I've had this argument for years.  Gateshead to QE hospital is or was priced differently to whichever service you use. X1. 25 28or 56.
Fair enough it's been a couple of years since I did the journey, but when I did, I was quoted about going to Tescos and being offered cheap bread or quality bread. And it's the same thing on a bus apparently.    Are there any other buses go Barley Mow to Chester, if so are they the same or different.
LVK 404L
14 Apr 2020, 2:23 pm #1,297

(14 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm)streetdeckfan Maybe if GNE published a fares table that showed how the tickets work it would be a lot less confusing!

Its not so much the fare stages its also the luxury of wi fi. Tables.double decker with a view etc. 
I've had this argument for years.  Gateshead to QE hospital is or was priced differently to whichever service you use. X1. 25 28or 56.
Fair enough it's been a couple of years since I did the journey, but when I did, I was quoted about going to Tescos and being offered cheap bread or quality bread. And it's the same thing on a bus apparently.    Are there any other buses go Barley Mow to Chester, if so are they the same or different.

Storx

14 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm #1,298

You keeping saying buses are cheaper but I'm sorry for 99% of people it's just not true. Unless your a single person, living alone, who only shops online that never travels with anyone and never goes away to other cities or the countryside then it's not cheaper at all. Buses don't go where people want to be, Teeside Park, Team Valley etc and you can't just tell people they can't go there.

Unless you live 4 mile max from the centre of Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough and possibly some of the larger towns like Bishop, Darlington etc then buses will never ever be a reasonable choice for families or really anyone as there's no way bus companies can create routes which the communities want because of random out of town shopping places dotted all over.

If bus companies and councils around here want to serously want to make buses seem attrative they need to look at ways at making travelling by car then using the bus or metro attractive together not against each other by things such as P&R etc. Right now though no-one would consider it as the price of buses are way to expensive to pay the extra on top of also paying for the car etc.

Also GNE would never share a fare table, you don't publish things that push people away from using your services, it's a horrid system which punishes people who just live over zones.
Storx
14 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm #1,298

You keeping saying buses are cheaper but I'm sorry for 99% of people it's just not true. Unless your a single person, living alone, who only shops online that never travels with anyone and never goes away to other cities or the countryside then it's not cheaper at all. Buses don't go where people want to be, Teeside Park, Team Valley etc and you can't just tell people they can't go there.

Unless you live 4 mile max from the centre of Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough and possibly some of the larger towns like Bishop, Darlington etc then buses will never ever be a reasonable choice for families or really anyone as there's no way bus companies can create routes which the communities want because of random out of town shopping places dotted all over.

If bus companies and councils around here want to serously want to make buses seem attrative they need to look at ways at making travelling by car then using the bus or metro attractive together not against each other by things such as P&R etc. Right now though no-one would consider it as the price of buses are way to expensive to pay the extra on top of also paying for the car etc.

Also GNE would never share a fare table, you don't publish things that push people away from using your services, it's a horrid system which punishes people who just live over zones.

Rob44

14 Apr 2020, 5:12 pm #1,299
if someone tried to compare a bus journey of exactly the same route but one cost more (nearly 50% more) due to the bus being 5 years newer i shove the bread.........

if we are using that logic the new buses that are more fuel efficient should be dirt cheap.... and anyone who used the buses on the loop before they were getting replace should have been paying 50 quid a mile!
Rob44
14 Apr 2020, 5:12 pm #1,299

if someone tried to compare a bus journey of exactly the same route but one cost more (nearly 50% more) due to the bus being 5 years newer i shove the bread.........

if we are using that logic the new buses that are more fuel efficient should be dirt cheap.... and anyone who used the buses on the loop before they were getting replace should have been paying 50 quid a mile!

Andreos1

14 Apr 2020, 7:46 pm #1,300
(14 Apr 2020, 5:12 pm)Rob44 if someone tried to compare a bus journey of exactly the same route but one cost more  (nearly 50% more)  due to the bus being 5 years newer i shove the bread.........

Don't forget, those fuel efficient new buses, are attracting all sorts of BSOG support, meaning they cost less to run than the older equivalent you would be paying less to travel on.

Andreos1
14 Apr 2020, 7:46 pm #1,300

(14 Apr 2020, 5:12 pm)Rob44 if someone tried to compare a bus journey of exactly the same route but one cost more  (nearly 50% more)  due to the bus being 5 years newer i shove the bread.........

Don't forget, those fuel efficient new buses, are attracting all sorts of BSOG support, meaning they cost less to run than the older equivalent you would be paying less to travel on.

Pages (89) Previous 164 65 6689 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average