Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Pricing

Pricing

Pricing

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (89): Previous 159 60 6189 Next
15 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm #1,181

(15 Sep 2019, 2:40 pm)Dan So what's to stop you having out those three Get Around ID cards to your friends who are the same age as you, and look similar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You could say exactly the same thing about a provisional license. I may or may not have kept mine with the old address on because I may or may not have been too lazy to post it back...

That's why I like the idea of using The Key card to hold the ticket, or even just the ID on the smart card because it flags up on the screen if it has already been 'tapped in'

Either way, the system they have implemented is definitely better than what is there before, and like you say, once people get used to it, it should be less of an issue.

streetdeckfan
15 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm #1,181

(15 Sep 2019, 2:40 pm)Dan So what's to stop you having out those three Get Around ID cards to your friends who are the same age as you, and look similar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You could say exactly the same thing about a provisional license. I may or may not have kept mine with the old address on because I may or may not have been too lazy to post it back...

That's why I like the idea of using The Key card to hold the ticket, or even just the ID on the smart card because it flags up on the screen if it has already been 'tapped in'

Either way, the system they have implemented is definitely better than what is there before, and like you say, once people get used to it, it should be less of an issue.

LeeCalder

16 Sep 2019, 8:53 am #1,182
I think the whole ID scheme has been a rushed farce, if I'm honest.

I stand by my point of asking people under-18 as an ID form is ridiculous, and I doubt many parents would be happy about it (as they're the one's who will pay for it if they loose it)....

I wholeheartedly agree with the requirement for ID, but it should have been a hell of a lot better planned.

I took one journey on the 21 yesterday, and on four occasions the driver requested ID from a young person, and they were unable to provide.

GNE should be issuing their own cards.
LeeCalder
16 Sep 2019, 8:53 am #1,182

I think the whole ID scheme has been a rushed farce, if I'm honest.

I stand by my point of asking people under-18 as an ID form is ridiculous, and I doubt many parents would be happy about it (as they're the one's who will pay for it if they loose it)....

I wholeheartedly agree with the requirement for ID, but it should have been a hell of a lot better planned.

I took one journey on the 21 yesterday, and on four occasions the driver requested ID from a young person, and they were unable to provide.

16 Sep 2019, 9:29 am #1,183

(16 Sep 2019, 8:53 am)LeeCalder I think the whole ID scheme has been a rushed farce, if I'm honest.

Quite a lot of what GNE has been doing recently feels rushed to be honest, everything could have been planned out a lot better.

I think what their thinking was if you're going to need to get ID for proof of age anyway, you might as well get an official one rather than a GNE specific one so you don't have to carry around two, hence the reason for pushing people towards the CitizenCard.

streetdeckfan
16 Sep 2019, 9:29 am #1,183

(16 Sep 2019, 8:53 am)LeeCalder I think the whole ID scheme has been a rushed farce, if I'm honest.

Quite a lot of what GNE has been doing recently feels rushed to be honest, everything could have been planned out a lot better.

I think what their thinking was if you're going to need to get ID for proof of age anyway, you might as well get an official one rather than a GNE specific one so you don't have to carry around two, hence the reason for pushing people towards the CitizenCard.

Rob44

04 Oct 2019, 2:51 pm #1,184
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936213

if the greens get in and do offer free bus travel.......... i'll say it now i'll sell my car and use the bus!!!
Rob44
04 Oct 2019, 2:51 pm #1,184

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936213

if the greens get in and do offer free bus travel.......... i'll say it now i'll sell my car and use the bus!!!

06 Oct 2019, 2:38 pm #1,185

(04 Oct 2019, 2:51 pm)Rob44 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936213

Hmm... would I rather spend £95 a month on bus travel, or have the Greens in power.... let me think

streetdeckfan
06 Oct 2019, 2:38 pm #1,185

Hmm... would I rather spend £95 a month on bus travel, or have the Greens in power.... let me think

Chris 1

07 Oct 2019, 11:45 am #1,186

Love the idea of this.  I love the principle of the ENCTS as well, but not so keen on the implementation!

Chris 1
07 Oct 2019, 11:45 am #1,186

Love the idea of this.  I love the principle of the ENCTS as well, but not so keen on the implementation!

07 Oct 2019, 6:32 pm #1,187
(07 Oct 2019, 11:45 am)Chris 1

I know it's a bit controversial, but I personally think the ENCTS should be means tested rather than just given out to everyone. My grandfather for instance is more than capable of paying for his bus fares (not that he actually uses the bus!), but people who can't even afford to buy food still have to pay full price.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
07 Oct 2019, 6:32 pm #1,187

(07 Oct 2019, 11:45 am)Chris 1

I know it's a bit controversial, but I personally think the ENCTS should be means tested rather than just given out to everyone. My grandfather for instance is more than capable of paying for his bus fares (not that he actually uses the bus!), but people who can't even afford to buy food still have to pay full price.

Andreos1

03 Jan 2020, 5:31 pm #1,188
Hearing that ANE are offering a £2 return deal during Newcastle restaurant week.
Need to show proof of actually attending one of the events. Assume this would be via a booking confirmation or voucher.

Assuming it's valid on the X12, X15 and X18 for the full length of the routes, that's a one to take advantage of!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
03 Jan 2020, 5:31 pm #1,188

Hearing that ANE are offering a £2 return deal during Newcastle restaurant week.
Need to show proof of actually attending one of the events. Assume this would be via a booking confirmation or voucher.

Assuming it's valid on the X12, X15 and X18 for the full length of the routes, that's a one to take advantage of!

05 Jan 2020, 2:01 pm #1,189
I guess Arriva, Stagecoach, Nexus and Network 1 will be increasing their fares again this year? Nexus in March, Arriva, Stagecoach and Network 1 in April/May. GNE will continue to offer the best value as usual.
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2020, 2:01 pm #1,189

I guess Arriva, Stagecoach, Nexus and Network 1 will be increasing their fares again this year? Nexus in March, Arriva, Stagecoach and Network 1 in April/May. GNE will continue to offer the best value as usual.

Michael

05 Jan 2020, 2:19 pm #1,190
(05 Jan 2020, 2:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 I guess Arriva, Stagecoach, Nexus and Network 1 will be increasing their fares again this year? Nexus in March, Arriva, Stagecoach and Network 1 in April/May. GNE will continue to offer the best value as usual.

Stagecoach offer a good value for prices...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jan 2020, 2:19 pm #1,190

(05 Jan 2020, 2:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 I guess Arriva, Stagecoach, Nexus and Network 1 will be increasing their fares again this year? Nexus in March, Arriva, Stagecoach and Network 1 in April/May. GNE will continue to offer the best value as usual.

Stagecoach offer a good value for prices...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

05 Jan 2020, 2:26 pm #1,191
(05 Jan 2020, 2:19 pm)Michael Stagecoach offer a good value for prices...
I found Stagecoach's day tickets quite reasonably priced, even their singles were alright.
Although, me being the cheapskate I am chose to use the GNE service even though it was slower and less frequent as I already have my GNE pass

streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2020, 2:26 pm #1,191

I found Stagecoach's day tickets quite reasonably priced, even their singles were alright.
Although, me being the cheapskate I am chose to use the GNE service even though it was slower and less frequent as I already have my GNE pass

Rob44

05 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm #1,192
i was under the impression GNe were always more expensive than arriva. It was always cheaper if buying a single to get the x12 from low fell than the 21. Its also £3.20 to when I use GNE to get home from town but a similar length journey to where my day used to live is £3.10.
Rob44
05 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm #1,192

i was under the impression GNe were always more expensive than arriva. It was always cheaper if buying a single to get the x12 from low fell than the 21. Its also £3.20 to when I use GNE to get home from town but a similar length journey to where my day used to live is £3.10.

Michael

05 Jan 2020, 2:38 pm #1,193
(05 Jan 2020, 2:26 pm)streetdeckfan I found Stagecoach's day tickets quite reasonably priced, even their singles were alright.

Not really, why would you use Stagecoach all the time, if you have GNE pass

I use a Sunderland smartzone pass, which is worth, it as its £14.40 a week, but i use it around 3 buses a day on a Monday to Friday, but on a weekend varies.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jan 2020, 2:38 pm #1,193

(05 Jan 2020, 2:26 pm)streetdeckfan I found Stagecoach's day tickets quite reasonably priced, even their singles were alright.

Not really, why would you use Stagecoach all the time, if you have GNE pass

I use a Sunderland smartzone pass, which is worth, it as its £14.40 a week, but i use it around 3 buses a day on a Monday to Friday, but on a weekend varies.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

05 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #1,194

They do, for short commutes like to Newcastle/Byker/Walker/Wallsend etc, from Stagecoach areas, or inconvenient commutes, like to South Shields or Sunderland, better accessed by Metro. I mainly travel into GNE territory, or places like Byker and Wallsend and others where Stagecoach and GNE operate, so for me GNE is the best value. Overall GNE runs in more places than Stagecoach, offering better value. GNE offer returns, which means they are better value than Stagecoach for a two way trip.
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #1,194

They do, for short commutes like to Newcastle/Byker/Walker/Wallsend etc, from Stagecoach areas, or inconvenient commutes, like to South Shields or Sunderland, better accessed by Metro. I mainly travel into GNE territory, or places like Byker and Wallsend and others where Stagecoach and GNE operate, so for me GNE is the best value. Overall GNE runs in more places than Stagecoach, offering better value. GNE offer returns, which means they are better value than Stagecoach for a two way trip.

05 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #1,195
(05 Jan 2020, 2:38 pm)Michael Not really, why would you use Stagecoach all the time, if you have GNE pass

It was only a one off hence why I just used GNE, if I wasn't just picking something up I would have bought the Stagecoach day ticket and had a bit of a play as I've only ever used them once or twice

streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm #1,195

(05 Jan 2020, 2:38 pm)Michael Not really, why would you use Stagecoach all the time, if you have GNE pass

It was only a one off hence why I just used GNE, if I wasn't just picking something up I would have bought the Stagecoach day ticket and had a bit of a play as I've only ever used them once or twice

Andreos1

05 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm #1,196
Speaking of which, kids prices have seen an increase 

https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...80353?s=19

Andreos1
05 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm #1,196

Speaking of which, kids prices have seen an increase 

05 Jan 2020, 9:18 pm #1,197
(05 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)Andreos1 Speaking of which, kids prices have seen an increase 

Might stop a bit of the confusion with us GNE drivers when kids get on with £1 thinking it's the same as Stagecoach. Or maybe it won't, because kids.
deanmachine
05 Jan 2020, 9:18 pm #1,197

(05 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)Andreos1 Speaking of which, kids prices have seen an increase 

Might stop a bit of the confusion with us GNE drivers when kids get on with £1 thinking it's the same as Stagecoach. Or maybe it won't, because kids.

Storx

05 Jan 2020, 10:37 pm #1,198
(05 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm)Rob44 i was under the impression GNe were always more expensive than arriva.  It was always cheaper if buying a single to get the x12 from low fell than the 21.  Its also £3.20 to when I use GNE to get home from town but a similar length journey to where my day used to live is £3.10.

Depends on the journey I've found for that. Arriva have fare zones which are roughly every three or four bus stops whereas GNE have zones which cover miles so if you live at the start of the zone it's expensive but live at the end of it then it's cheaper.

I believe the 21 zones from Newcastle are Newcastle through to Harlow Green (£1.70) then there all the way through to Barley Moor (£3.10) then to Plawsworth (£3.60) then Durham (£4.60). So if you got on at Harlow Green it'll be quite cheap get on the next bus stop the Coach and Horses it's £3.10 and a rip off whereas Arriva will have a fare to The Cannon, Harlow Green, Coach and Horses, Birtley (£2.60'ish I believe), Barley Moor etc.

Arriva have an invisible boundary tax where if you cross the Tyne and Wear / Northumberland boundary there's a massive fare jump for no reason at all however. I know at one point it was cheaper to buy a single from Seghill to Annitsford then a single from there to Newcastle than it was to buy a single from Seghill to Newcastle on the X7.
Storx
05 Jan 2020, 10:37 pm #1,198

(05 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm)Rob44 i was under the impression GNe were always more expensive than arriva.  It was always cheaper if buying a single to get the x12 from low fell than the 21.  Its also £3.20 to when I use GNE to get home from town but a similar length journey to where my day used to live is £3.10.

Depends on the journey I've found for that. Arriva have fare zones which are roughly every three or four bus stops whereas GNE have zones which cover miles so if you live at the start of the zone it's expensive but live at the end of it then it's cheaper.

I believe the 21 zones from Newcastle are Newcastle through to Harlow Green (£1.70) then there all the way through to Barley Moor (£3.10) then to Plawsworth (£3.60) then Durham (£4.60). So if you got on at Harlow Green it'll be quite cheap get on the next bus stop the Coach and Horses it's £3.10 and a rip off whereas Arriva will have a fare to The Cannon, Harlow Green, Coach and Horses, Birtley (£2.60'ish I believe), Barley Moor etc.

Arriva have an invisible boundary tax where if you cross the Tyne and Wear / Northumberland boundary there's a massive fare jump for no reason at all however. I know at one point it was cheaper to buy a single from Seghill to Annitsford then a single from there to Newcastle than it was to buy a single from Seghill to Newcastle on the X7.

GuyParkRoyal

06 Jan 2020, 7:16 am #1,199

A sensible approach from Stagecoach with their offer of a free ID card.
GuyParkRoyal
06 Jan 2020, 7:16 am #1,199

A sensible approach from Stagecoach with their offer of a free ID card.

06 Jan 2020, 2:34 pm #1,200
(05 Jan 2020, 9:18 pm)deanmachine Might stop a bit of the confusion with us GNE drivers when kids get on with £1 thinking it's the same as Stagecoach. Or maybe it won't, because kids.
I see plenty of kids try to get on the X21 from Bishop to Woodhouse for 70p because that's what it costs on the Arriva 6

streetdeckfan
06 Jan 2020, 2:34 pm #1,200

(05 Jan 2020, 9:18 pm)deanmachine Might stop a bit of the confusion with us GNE drivers when kids get on with £1 thinking it's the same as Stagecoach. Or maybe it won't, because kids.
I see plenty of kids try to get on the X21 from Bishop to Woodhouse for 70p because that's what it costs on the Arriva 6

Pages (89): Previous 159 60 6189 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average