Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East NHS Nightingale Hospital North East Shuttle

NHS Nightingale Hospital North East Shuttle

NHS Nightingale Hospital North East Shuttle

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Michael

23 Jan 2021, 10:25 am #1
Bustimes.org are indicating that the new Nightingale Shuttle will be numbered "CS", will start to run at 5:22am - then every 20 minutes until 7:12am - then every 15 minutes until 23:49pm and starts on Monday.

https://bustimes.org/services/cs-concord...al-north-e

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jan 2021, 10:25 am #1

Bustimes.org are indicating that the new Nightingale Shuttle will be numbered "CS", will start to run at 5:22am - then every 20 minutes until 7:12am - then every 15 minutes until 23:49pm and starts on Monday.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

23 Jan 2021, 11:34 am #2
(23 Jan 2021, 10:25 am)Michael Bustimes.org are indicating that the new Nightingale Shuttle will be numbered "CS", will start to run at 5:22am - then every 20 minutes until 7:12am - then every 15 minutes until 23:49pm and starts on Monday.

Seems a strange choice of place to run a service from since most passengers travelling there are likely to use the 50 or 56 and you might aswell just travel all the way to the hospital without a change.

Surely a less frequent service to either Fellgate, Brockley Whins or Heworth Metro would be better use for passengers since it's quite difficult to get from the Metro to the Nightinggale Hospital.
Storx
23 Jan 2021, 11:34 am #2

(23 Jan 2021, 10:25 am)Michael Bustimes.org are indicating that the new Nightingale Shuttle will be numbered "CS", will start to run at 5:22am - then every 20 minutes until 7:12am - then every 15 minutes until 23:49pm and starts on Monday.

Seems a strange choice of place to run a service from since most passengers travelling there are likely to use the 50 or 56 and you might aswell just travel all the way to the hospital without a change.

Surely a less frequent service to either Fellgate, Brockley Whins or Heworth Metro would be better use for passengers since it's quite difficult to get from the Metro to the Nightinggale Hospital.

S813 FVK

23 Jan 2021, 11:41 am #3
See screenshot here: https://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/s...p?tid=2556&pid=252179#pid252179

"From next week we'll also be operating a 'ConnectorShuttle' service to support the 56 service during roadworks and diversions shortly coming into effect."

A regular shuttle service really, just bigged up more than usual because it will serve the hospital.
S813 FVK
23 Jan 2021, 11:41 am #3

See screenshot here: https://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/s...p?tid=2556&pid=252179#pid252179

"From next week we'll also be operating a 'ConnectorShuttle' service to support the 56 service during roadworks and diversions shortly coming into effect."

A regular shuttle service really, just bigged up more than usual because it will serve the hospital.

Andreos1

23 Jan 2021, 12:04 pm #4
(23 Jan 2021, 11:34 am)Storx Seems a strange choice of place to run a service from since most passengers travelling there are likely to use the 50 or 56 and you might aswell just travel all the way to the hospital without a change.

Robert mentioned there's diversions around Nissan - which presumably means the 56 can't get close to the hospital.
However, Concord is a strange one for me - particularly as the majority of people in Washington will have to travel on a couple of buses just to get to Concord (or sit on one whilst it changes its number at the galleries and then have a tour of the villages). 
I understand your thinking about the extension to some of the places beyond the hospital, but I'd look to extend it beyond Concord in the other direction too - otherwise it's a faff on and people who have cars, may as well drive there.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jan 2021, 12:04 pm #4

(23 Jan 2021, 11:34 am)Storx Seems a strange choice of place to run a service from since most passengers travelling there are likely to use the 50 or 56 and you might aswell just travel all the way to the hospital without a change.

Robert mentioned there's diversions around Nissan - which presumably means the 56 can't get close to the hospital.
However, Concord is a strange one for me - particularly as the majority of people in Washington will have to travel on a couple of buses just to get to Concord (or sit on one whilst it changes its number at the galleries and then have a tour of the villages). 
I understand your thinking about the extension to some of the places beyond the hospital, but I'd look to extend it beyond Concord in the other direction too - otherwise it's a faff on and people who have cars, may as well drive there.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

24 Jan 2021, 3:53 pm #5
Great news for our region and this important health protection effort. It’ll have the UK’s first dedicated vaccination shuttle bus service from tomorrow too (put together with just two working days notice)!
Full details in the morning ahead of the public opening from Tuesday...

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/13...0916356096

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2021, 3:53 pm #5

Great news for our region and this important health protection effort. It’ll have the UK’s first dedicated vaccination shuttle bus service from tomorrow too (put together with just two working days notice)!
Full details in the morning ahead of the public opening from Tuesday...

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/13...0916356096

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

24 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #6

I'd imagine Go North East would be expecting higher passenger numbers on core services 50/56 so to therefore enable social distancing they've put a Shuttle in place with what appears to be a PVR of 2.

I am surprised they haven't put a service in place from Washington Galleries given it is a central location running direct to the hospital as it would've made more sense.

I do think it would be a good idea for local operators to come together to supply easier access to the hospital from the likes of South Tyneside with Stagecoach running a Shuttle from the area as an example or supply these services to struggling Independent Operators from across the region which have been struggling due to Covid-19.
Malarkey
24 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #6

I'd imagine Go North East would be expecting higher passenger numbers on core services 50/56 so to therefore enable social distancing they've put a Shuttle in place with what appears to be a PVR of 2.

I am surprised they haven't put a service in place from Washington Galleries given it is a central location running direct to the hospital as it would've made more sense.

I do think it would be a good idea for local operators to come together to supply easier access to the hospital from the likes of South Tyneside with Stagecoach running a Shuttle from the area as an example or supply these services to struggling Independent Operators from across the region which have been struggling due to Covid-19.

Michael

25 Jan 2021, 6:39 am #7
6365 is currently tracking on the CS

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Jan 2021, 6:39 am #7

6365 is currently tracking on the CS

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

25 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm #8
(24 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)Malarkey I'd imagine Go North East would be expecting higher passenger numbers on core services 50/56 so to therefore enable social distancing they've put a Shuttle in place with what appears to be a PVR of 2.

I do understand that but you'd have to use the 50/56 to get to Concord for most people. I think there's an upcoming road closure along Washington Road though (the road between North Hylton and the A19) so the 56 will have to be diverted away from Nissan so it's just a shuttle bus for people going there which is branded as the hospital. I had a look when someone mentioned it later.
Storx
25 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm #8

(24 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)Malarkey I'd imagine Go North East would be expecting higher passenger numbers on core services 50/56 so to therefore enable social distancing they've put a Shuttle in place with what appears to be a PVR of 2.

I do understand that but you'd have to use the 50/56 to get to Concord for most people. I think there's an upcoming road closure along Washington Road though (the road between North Hylton and the A19) so the 56 will have to be diverted away from Nissan so it's just a shuttle bus for people going there which is branded as the hospital. I had a look when someone mentioned it later.

26 Jan 2021, 4:05 am #9
https://bustimes.org/services/ms-heworth...h-east-hew

New MS shuttle between Heworth and the Nightingale from Thursday.
omnicity4659
26 Jan 2021, 4:05 am #9

https://bustimes.org/services/ms-heworth...h-east-hew

Michael

26 Jan 2021, 6:59 pm #10
(26 Jan 2021, 4:05 am)omnicity4659 https://bustimes.org/services/ms-heworth...h-east-hew

Wonder what'll be allocated to it?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jan 2021, 6:59 pm #10

(26 Jan 2021, 4:05 am)omnicity4659 https://bustimes.org/services/ms-heworth...h-east-hew

Wonder what'll be allocated to it?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

LVK 404L

26 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm #11
(26 Jan 2021, 6:59 pm)Michael Wonder what'll be allocated to it?
MS is a yellow livered one so possibly 5292 or a rebranded quaylink?

There is also going to be a Sunderland Shuttle to the Centre also.
LVK 404L
26 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm #11

(26 Jan 2021, 6:59 pm)Michael Wonder what'll be allocated to it?
MS is a yellow livered one so possibly 5292 or a rebranded quaylink?

Michael

26 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm #12
(26 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm)ifm001 MS is a yellow livered one so possibly 5292 or a rebranded quaylink?

Oh that's good, Deptford will likely run that, with the other 2 at Washington.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm #12

(26 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm)ifm001 MS is a yellow livered one so possibly 5292 or a rebranded quaylink?

Oh that's good, Deptford will likely run that, with the other 2 at Washington.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jan 2021, 8:19 pm #13
(26 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm)Michael Oh that's good, Deptford will likely run that, with the other 2 at Washington.

Nexus have put the Sunderland service out to tender, rather than it being operated by Go North East without funding - they may not necessarily win this contract.
Dan
26 Jan 2021, 8:19 pm #13

(26 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm)Michael Oh that's good, Deptford will likely run that, with the other 2 at Washington.

Nexus have put the Sunderland service out to tender, rather than it being operated by Go North East without funding - they may not necessarily win this contract.

Michael

26 Jan 2021, 8:43 pm #14
(26 Jan 2021, 8:19 pm)Dan Nexus have put the Sunderland service out to tender, rather than it being operated by Go North East without funding - they may not necessarily win this contract.

Ah right thanks for the information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jan 2021, 8:43 pm #14

(26 Jan 2021, 8:19 pm)Dan Nexus have put the Sunderland service out to tender, rather than it being operated by Go North East without funding - they may not necessarily win this contract.

Ah right thanks for the information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

26 Jan 2021, 10:05 pm #15
Why have Nexus numbered the services CS and MS - Obviously I know these stand for Connector Shuttle and Metro Shuttle but would it have not been better to number then NH1/NH2 for example.
Malarkey
26 Jan 2021, 10:05 pm #15

Why have Nexus numbered the services CS and MS - Obviously I know these stand for Connector Shuttle and Metro Shuttle but would it have not been better to number then NH1/NH2 for example.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2021, 6:40 am #16
(26 Jan 2021, 10:05 pm)Malarkey Why have Nexus numbered the services CS and MS - Obviously I know these stand for Connector Shuttle and Metro Shuttle but would it have not been better to number then NH1/NH2 for example.

They haven’t.

Go North East are running the CS and MS shuttles themselves; this isn’t a public-facing number (other than what is seen on the app), and it denotes “ConnectorShuttle” and “MetroShuttle” as this is what the services are branded as.

Don’t forget that the first shuttle - the ConnectorShuttle - is in effect a roadworks shuttle for Nissan (due to a road closure resulting in the diversion of service 56) but has been repurposed for the hospital given it has now opened as a vaccination centre.

The second offers an integrated transport solution between bus and Metro, something which Go North East are keen to promote and make better use of in the general network, not just on this service. You will see more examples of this in the re-launch of the Connections4 brand.

The N2 service has been put out to tender by Nexus. This is a completely different service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
27 Jan 2021, 6:40 am #16

(26 Jan 2021, 10:05 pm)Malarkey Why have Nexus numbered the services CS and MS - Obviously I know these stand for Connector Shuttle and Metro Shuttle but would it have not been better to number then NH1/NH2 for example.

They haven’t.

Go North East are running the CS and MS shuttles themselves; this isn’t a public-facing number (other than what is seen on the app), and it denotes “ConnectorShuttle” and “MetroShuttle” as this is what the services are branded as.

Don’t forget that the first shuttle - the ConnectorShuttle - is in effect a roadworks shuttle for Nissan (due to a road closure resulting in the diversion of service 56) but has been repurposed for the hospital given it has now opened as a vaccination centre.

The second offers an integrated transport solution between bus and Metro, something which Go North East are keen to promote and make better use of in the general network, not just on this service. You will see more examples of this in the re-launch of the Connections4 brand.

The N2 service has been put out to tender by Nexus. This is a completely different service.

idiot

27 Jan 2021, 8:07 am #17
Thanks for the info Dan, much appreciated
idiot
27 Jan 2021, 8:07 am #17

Thanks for the info Dan, much appreciated

27 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm #18
(27 Jan 2021, 6:40 am)Dan They haven’t.

What's confusing me is GNE seem to be saying they brought the service together in 2 working days, surely that's not enough time to get a bus fully branded for the route, even if everything was already in place because of the roadworks.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong?
streetdeckfan
27 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm #18

(27 Jan 2021, 6:40 am)Dan They haven’t.

What's confusing me is GNE seem to be saying they brought the service together in 2 working days, surely that's not enough time to get a bus fully branded for the route, even if everything was already in place because of the roadworks.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm #19
(27 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm)streetdeckfan What's confusing me is GNE seem to be saying they brought the service together in 2 working days, surely that's not enough time to get a bus fully branded for the route, even if everything was already in place because of the roadworks.

No, it literally was brought together in two days.
Dan
27 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm #19

(27 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm)streetdeckfan What's confusing me is GNE seem to be saying they brought the service together in 2 working days, surely that's not enough time to get a bus fully branded for the route, even if everything was already in place because of the roadworks.

No, it literally was brought together in two days.

27 Jan 2021, 3:07 pm #20
(27 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm)Dan No, it literally was brought together in two days.

Okay, that's quite impressive!

Do GNE do their own vinyl printing/cutting at Saltmeadows? I have a friend who's a sign maker and to get any vinyl work done within a week costs an absolute fortune, never mind 2 days
streetdeckfan
27 Jan 2021, 3:07 pm #20

(27 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm)Dan No, it literally was brought together in two days.

Okay, that's quite impressive!

Do GNE do their own vinyl printing/cutting at Saltmeadows? I have a friend who's a sign maker and to get any vinyl work done within a week costs an absolute fortune, never mind 2 days

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average