Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East ANE Ashington Vehicle Issues

ANE Ashington Vehicle Issues

ANE Ashington Vehicle Issues

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next
Storx

31 Jan 2021, 12:54 pm #41
(31 Jan 2021, 12:48 pm)Jimmi Bought as Operation Overdrive for Durham depot however it was then decided to more or less focus on only having deckers for scholars so got sent to Darlington depot instead for their 723 workings (Darlington to Framwellgate Moor, essentially what is now the 7) then of course it ended up at Jesmond before returning to Darlington for about 12 months a few years later with wraps/livery to celebrate 100 years of United then returning to North of the Tyne.

Thank you, probably explains why I couldn't find anything for them when searching under Durham.
Storx
31 Jan 2021, 12:54 pm #41

(31 Jan 2021, 12:48 pm)Jimmi Bought as Operation Overdrive for Durham depot however it was then decided to more or less focus on only having deckers for scholars so got sent to Darlington depot instead for their 723 workings (Darlington to Framwellgate Moor, essentially what is now the 7) then of course it ended up at Jesmond before returning to Darlington for about 12 months a few years later with wraps/livery to celebrate 100 years of United then returning to North of the Tyne.

Thank you, probably explains why I couldn't find anything for them when searching under Durham.

Jimmi

31 Jan 2021, 12:56 pm #42
(31 Jan 2021, 12:31 pm)mb134 Agreed, though with 7525 it's the third time in 8 days it has failed (first time was last Friday on the X18 at Acklington). Obviously stuff can go bang at any time, I think anyone would be understanding of one off occurrences - but again it seems to be a common theme of them fixing something and it failing again shortly afterwards. On your point about 7445/6 I find it amazing that the 19 year old 7484, with its time in London and on the X93, is in better nick than both of them - especially 7445 (the less said about that heap the better). 7514 also looks to have failed yesterday on the X18 south of Seahouses.

Regarding the new vehicles, if I remember rightly the rumour was 12x E400 MMCs for the X14/5/8 which neatly ties into the combined PVR. I'd assume that the plan would be to keep 7529-33/7553-6 as the allocation for the X20, moving 7511/2/4-7 and 4653/9/64 to less demanding work.
Can't remember numbers but believe it was enough to meet the year round PVR of the X14/X15/X18 so presumably would be bolstered up with older E400s for the extra runs in the summer and making up the X20 PVR and spares as well.

Don't think there's any plans to upgrade the X93/X94 at this time although I reckon could at least see the extra summer boards being upgraded somewhere down the line with younger stock from within the North East.
Jimmi
31 Jan 2021, 12:56 pm #42

(31 Jan 2021, 12:31 pm)mb134 Agreed, though with 7525 it's the third time in 8 days it has failed (first time was last Friday on the X18 at Acklington). Obviously stuff can go bang at any time, I think anyone would be understanding of one off occurrences - but again it seems to be a common theme of them fixing something and it failing again shortly afterwards. On your point about 7445/6 I find it amazing that the 19 year old 7484, with its time in London and on the X93, is in better nick than both of them - especially 7445 (the less said about that heap the better). 7514 also looks to have failed yesterday on the X18 south of Seahouses.

Regarding the new vehicles, if I remember rightly the rumour was 12x E400 MMCs for the X14/5/8 which neatly ties into the combined PVR. I'd assume that the plan would be to keep 7529-33/7553-6 as the allocation for the X20, moving 7511/2/4-7 and 4653/9/64 to less demanding work.
Can't remember numbers but believe it was enough to meet the year round PVR of the X14/X15/X18 so presumably would be bolstered up with older E400s for the extra runs in the summer and making up the X20 PVR and spares as well.

Don't think there's any plans to upgrade the X93/X94 at this time although I reckon could at least see the extra summer boards being upgraded somewhere down the line with younger stock from within the North East.

L469 YVK

31 Jan 2021, 1:06 pm #43
(31 Jan 2021, 12:40 pm)Storx Sorry to take the thread a bit of topic here but can't find it but what we're 7445/7446 originally bought for, I know they we're part of the Operation Overdrive at Durham but then ended up at Jesmond pretty much straight away to join the Tridents on the 306 (now they really were sheds) but can't find anything about which route they were for.

They've been crap for awhile though and were terrible when they used to be on the 56/57 circuit when Jesmond had it. The Olympians and B10BLE's we're miles ahead of them in power.
The 602 killed 7430-35, totally unsuitable for the route. The modern ADL E400 & E400MMC are far superior.
L469 YVK
31 Jan 2021, 1:06 pm #43

(31 Jan 2021, 12:40 pm)Storx Sorry to take the thread a bit of topic here but can't find it but what we're 7445/7446 originally bought for, I know they we're part of the Operation Overdrive at Durham but then ended up at Jesmond pretty much straight away to join the Tridents on the 306 (now they really were sheds) but can't find anything about which route they were for.

They've been crap for awhile though and were terrible when they used to be on the 56/57 circuit when Jesmond had it. The Olympians and B10BLE's we're miles ahead of them in power.
The 602 killed 7430-35, totally unsuitable for the route. The modern ADL E400 & E400MMC are far superior.

Malarkey

31 Jan 2021, 3:58 pm #44
(30 Jan 2021, 8:56 pm)Jimmi I believe 7542 was involved in an incident of some form today with 7556 also being involved in an incident yesterday too so now two buses down as a result.

7533 had an issue with a wheel whilst on the X18 (puncture possibly?)

High Peak in Derbyshire has practically has had to suspend almost every service they operate due to a large number of drivers being off with the few services they have been running has been doing so effectively on a Sunday timetable.

D&G, Hulleys of Baslow and Andrews of Tideswell have come to the rescue to cover some of the services that High Peak have suspended.

_

Last I heard Jesmond had 13 cases whilst Belmont had 3 (not 13 at Belmont as the Northern Echo reported)

No wonder when their drivers stand not socially distanced from one another at the top of Haymarket smoking/vaping which to me shows a lack a care for not just themselves, but shows a lack of for their respective families, the company the work for and the passengers they provide a service to. I honestly think their depot management need to look into this further as clearly they are not following the rules.

Makes you wonder what measures have been put in place in the meal rooms at Haymarket/Durham along with at the depots, As I don't see a spare bus being used for meal breaks like Go North East have at various Bus Stations across the region.
Malarkey
31 Jan 2021, 3:58 pm #44

(30 Jan 2021, 8:56 pm)Jimmi I believe 7542 was involved in an incident of some form today with 7556 also being involved in an incident yesterday too so now two buses down as a result.

7533 had an issue with a wheel whilst on the X18 (puncture possibly?)

High Peak in Derbyshire has practically has had to suspend almost every service they operate due to a large number of drivers being off with the few services they have been running has been doing so effectively on a Sunday timetable.

D&G, Hulleys of Baslow and Andrews of Tideswell have come to the rescue to cover some of the services that High Peak have suspended.

_

Last I heard Jesmond had 13 cases whilst Belmont had 3 (not 13 at Belmont as the Northern Echo reported)

No wonder when their drivers stand not socially distanced from one another at the top of Haymarket smoking/vaping which to me shows a lack a care for not just themselves, but shows a lack of for their respective families, the company the work for and the passengers they provide a service to. I honestly think their depot management need to look into this further as clearly they are not following the rules.

Makes you wonder what measures have been put in place in the meal rooms at Haymarket/Durham along with at the depots, As I don't see a spare bus being used for meal breaks like Go North East have at various Bus Stations across the region.

31 Jan 2021, 5:03 pm #45
(31 Jan 2021, 3:58 pm)Malarkey No wonder when their drivers stand not socially distanced from one another at the top of Haymarket smoking/vaping which to me shows a lack a care for not just themselves, but shows a lack of for their respective families, the company the work for and the passengers they provide a service to. I honestly think their depot management need to look into this further as clearly they are not following the rules.

What do you seriously expect them to do? The break rooms at the Haymarket and to a lesser extent Blyth are far too small for the volume of drivers in them at any one time. Should we take our breaks sitting in our cars in the depot car parks? I've got a mate who's a postman and he says the measues in his place of work are laughable as they're out of sight of the public and have no room to space out properly.

And as for "shows a lack of care for the passengers", lol, half of them are travelling totally unecessary journeys in the first place.
Driver9***
31 Jan 2021, 5:03 pm #45

(31 Jan 2021, 3:58 pm)Malarkey No wonder when their drivers stand not socially distanced from one another at the top of Haymarket smoking/vaping which to me shows a lack a care for not just themselves, but shows a lack of for their respective families, the company the work for and the passengers they provide a service to. I honestly think their depot management need to look into this further as clearly they are not following the rules.

What do you seriously expect them to do? The break rooms at the Haymarket and to a lesser extent Blyth are far too small for the volume of drivers in them at any one time. Should we take our breaks sitting in our cars in the depot car parks? I've got a mate who's a postman and he says the measues in his place of work are laughable as they're out of sight of the public and have no room to space out properly.

And as for "shows a lack of care for the passengers", lol, half of them are travelling totally unecessary journeys in the first place.

mb134

31 Jan 2021, 6:35 pm #46
(31 Jan 2021, 5:03 pm)Driver9*** What do you seriously expect them to do? The break rooms at the Haymarket and to a lesser extent Blyth are far too small for the volume of drivers in them at any one time. Should we take our breaks sitting in our cars in the depot car parks? I've got a mate who's a postman and he says the measues in his place of work are laughable as they're out of sight of the public and have no room to space out properly.

The amount of bus pictures I'm seeing on a number of accounts from blatantly different and distant locations is unreal. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them if they get caught, indeed I hope they do - might make normal punters more comfortable that the handrails haven't all been licked down.
mb134
31 Jan 2021, 6:35 pm #46

(31 Jan 2021, 5:03 pm)Driver9*** What do you seriously expect them to do? The break rooms at the Haymarket and to a lesser extent Blyth are far too small for the volume of drivers in them at any one time. Should we take our breaks sitting in our cars in the depot car parks? I've got a mate who's a postman and he says the measues in his place of work are laughable as they're out of sight of the public and have no room to space out properly.

The amount of bus pictures I'm seeing on a number of accounts from blatantly different and distant locations is unreal. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them if they get caught, indeed I hope they do - might make normal punters more comfortable that the handrails haven't all been licked down.

31 Jan 2021, 7:08 pm #47
(31 Jan 2021, 6:35 pm)mb134 The amount of bus pictures I'm seeing on a number of accounts from blatantly different and distant locations is unreal. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them if they get caught, indeed I hope they do - might make normal punters more comfortable that the handrails haven't all been licked down.
Since new year, the average number of passengers travelling into Newcastle from 9am onwards on any service I've driven has been in the region of half a dozen give or take. At least half are pensioners who have got on the bus at either Blyth or Cramlington. What essential shops are curently open in Newcastle that are not in Blyth and Cramlington? None. Then add to them the scratters and bus spotters with disability passes who are never off the buses all day regardless and Arriva should realise that apart from the odd extra bus for the workers in the morning there is no requirement for anything other than a standard Sunday service all week at present.
Driver9***
31 Jan 2021, 7:08 pm #47

(31 Jan 2021, 6:35 pm)mb134 The amount of bus pictures I'm seeing on a number of accounts from blatantly different and distant locations is unreal. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them if they get caught, indeed I hope they do - might make normal punters more comfortable that the handrails haven't all been licked down.
Since new year, the average number of passengers travelling into Newcastle from 9am onwards on any service I've driven has been in the region of half a dozen give or take. At least half are pensioners who have got on the bus at either Blyth or Cramlington. What essential shops are curently open in Newcastle that are not in Blyth and Cramlington? None. Then add to them the scratters and bus spotters with disability passes who are never off the buses all day regardless and Arriva should realise that apart from the odd extra bus for the workers in the morning there is no requirement for anything other than a standard Sunday service all week at present.

mb134

31 Jan 2021, 7:22 pm #48
(31 Jan 2021, 7:08 pm)Driver9*** Since new year, the average number of passengers travelling into Newcastle between 9am-4pm on any given service I've driven has been in the region of half a dozen give or take. At least half are pensioners who have got on the bus at either Blyth or Cramlington. What non essential shops are curently open in Newcastle that are not in Blyth and Cramlington? None. Throw in the younger generation and bus spotters with disability passes who are never off the buses all day regardless, Arriva and the others should realise that apart from the odd extra bus for the workers in the morning there is no requirement for anything other than a standard Sunday service all week at present.
Aye from what I've heard it's still reasonably healthy (given the circumstances, not compared to 'normal') loads during the peaks but otherwise it's dead. I imagine the theory is that while they are subsidised by the government, they should run a reasonably high level so as to keep peaks passengers spaced out and also to provide a reliable service for those needing essential travel - it's a hard balance to get I'd think.

One of the things that annoy me the most is that, essentially, we as taxpayers are paying for these pensioners/spotters to go around the region putting essential workers at risk. It's the lack of decency and respect to others that gets me - I'd be absolutely mortified if I went on a bus halfway down the county for a jolly during a lockdown and unknowingly gave a nurse/supermarket worker/bus driver etc. the virus. It's not as if the buses aren't going to be there in a few months time.
mb134
31 Jan 2021, 7:22 pm #48

(31 Jan 2021, 7:08 pm)Driver9*** Since new year, the average number of passengers travelling into Newcastle between 9am-4pm on any given service I've driven has been in the region of half a dozen give or take. At least half are pensioners who have got on the bus at either Blyth or Cramlington. What non essential shops are curently open in Newcastle that are not in Blyth and Cramlington? None. Throw in the younger generation and bus spotters with disability passes who are never off the buses all day regardless, Arriva and the others should realise that apart from the odd extra bus for the workers in the morning there is no requirement for anything other than a standard Sunday service all week at present.
Aye from what I've heard it's still reasonably healthy (given the circumstances, not compared to 'normal') loads during the peaks but otherwise it's dead. I imagine the theory is that while they are subsidised by the government, they should run a reasonably high level so as to keep peaks passengers spaced out and also to provide a reliable service for those needing essential travel - it's a hard balance to get I'd think.

One of the things that annoy me the most is that, essentially, we as taxpayers are paying for these pensioners/spotters to go around the region putting essential workers at risk. It's the lack of decency and respect to others that gets me - I'd be absolutely mortified if I went on a bus halfway down the county for a jolly during a lockdown and unknowingly gave a nurse/supermarket worker/bus driver etc. the virus. It's not as if the buses aren't going to be there in a few months time.

Malarkey

31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm #49

Then the company should be putting further measures in place to ensure all members of staff are working within a safe working environment which from what you have just posted is not the case, again as noted in my previous post Go North East have placed their Driver Training Fleet at various Bus Station to provide extra space to ensure staff are kept within a safe environment whilst on a meal break.

As for having breaks sat in your car in the car park, why not if it ensures your and your families safety along with that of your work colleagues.

I work in a Call Centre which when fully staffed pre-covid had 800 people working within the office, now we are probably at 50% of that due to those working from home and our Canteen isn't the biggest either however we have managed to make that area socially distanced with all tables which would normally seat 6 seating 2 and are all 2 metres apart, on the call floor everyone is sat 2 metres apart to ensure it is covid secure and with those measures in place along with regular cleaning of the office throughout the day we have had 0 cases of covid-19 in the 10 months we have been in this awful pandemic, seems to me the company you work for are not doing enough to protect it's staff.
Malarkey
31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm #49

Then the company should be putting further measures in place to ensure all members of staff are working within a safe working environment which from what you have just posted is not the case, again as noted in my previous post Go North East have placed their Driver Training Fleet at various Bus Station to provide extra space to ensure staff are kept within a safe environment whilst on a meal break.

As for having breaks sat in your car in the car park, why not if it ensures your and your families safety along with that of your work colleagues.

I work in a Call Centre which when fully staffed pre-covid had 800 people working within the office, now we are probably at 50% of that due to those working from home and our Canteen isn't the biggest either however we have managed to make that area socially distanced with all tables which would normally seat 6 seating 2 and are all 2 metres apart, on the call floor everyone is sat 2 metres apart to ensure it is covid secure and with those measures in place along with regular cleaning of the office throughout the day we have had 0 cases of covid-19 in the 10 months we have been in this awful pandemic, seems to me the company you work for are not doing enough to protect it's staff.

mb134

31 Jan 2021, 8:30 pm #50
(31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm)Malarkey Then the company should be putting further measures in place to ensure all members of staff are working within a safe working environment which from what you have just posted is not the case, again as noted in my previous post Go North East have placed their Driver Training Fleet at various Bus Station to provide extra space to ensure staff are kept within a safe environment whilst on a meal break.

Where exactly would you like ANE to park and source these buses from? 

As far as I'm aware breaks happen in the following locations in Northumbria alone:
Alnwick
Ashington
Morpeth
Blyth
Haymarket

That's 5 places, 2 of which are nowhere near depots, and accounts for most if not all of the ANE training fleet. Of course you then also need to take into account that as far as I'm aware there is/was still ongoing driver training. They could place service buses there, but then could you imagine the complaints if service was dropped while something was parked up at Alnwick with one driver sat on it. 

I'm equally led to believe that, after the events at Darlington, there have been quite stringent measures put in place for the actual break rooms. I'm not too sure what Arriva, or any company for that matter, can do about drivers congregating in open air - I'm sure if it was that big an issue at Haymarket then the police would have something to say about the matter.
mb134
31 Jan 2021, 8:30 pm #50

(31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm)Malarkey Then the company should be putting further measures in place to ensure all members of staff are working within a safe working environment which from what you have just posted is not the case, again as noted in my previous post Go North East have placed their Driver Training Fleet at various Bus Station to provide extra space to ensure staff are kept within a safe environment whilst on a meal break.

Where exactly would you like ANE to park and source these buses from? 

As far as I'm aware breaks happen in the following locations in Northumbria alone:
Alnwick
Ashington
Morpeth
Blyth
Haymarket

That's 5 places, 2 of which are nowhere near depots, and accounts for most if not all of the ANE training fleet. Of course you then also need to take into account that as far as I'm aware there is/was still ongoing driver training. They could place service buses there, but then could you imagine the complaints if service was dropped while something was parked up at Alnwick with one driver sat on it. 

I'm equally led to believe that, after the events at Darlington, there have been quite stringent measures put in place for the actual break rooms. I'm not too sure what Arriva, or any company for that matter, can do about drivers congregating in open air - I'm sure if it was that big an issue at Haymarket then the police would have something to say about the matter.

31 Jan 2021, 8:57 pm #51
Are ANE still using driver vans, or buses being used instead.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
31 Jan 2021, 8:57 pm #51

Are ANE still using driver vans, or buses being used instead.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Ambassador

01 Feb 2021, 12:55 am #52
(31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm)Malarkey I work in a Call Centre which when fully staffed pre-covid had 800 people working within the office, now we are probably at 50% of that due to those working from home and our Canteen isn't the biggest either however we have managed to make that area socially distanced with all tables which would normally seat 6 seating 2 and are all 2 metres apart, on the call floor everyone is sat 2 metres apart to ensure it is covid secure and with those measures in place along with regular cleaning of the office throughout the day we have had 0 cases of covid-19 in the 10 months we have been in this awful pandemic, seems to me the company you work for are not doing enough to protect it's staff.

Fail to see the relevance of your call centre at all here. It’s easy to manage a call centre break policy and incomparable to a bus network.

seems to me if your employer wanted to protect its staff then you’d all be working from home and avoiding unnecessary journeys....alas it’s your employer in the race to the bottom here

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
01 Feb 2021, 12:55 am #52

(31 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm)Malarkey I work in a Call Centre which when fully staffed pre-covid had 800 people working within the office, now we are probably at 50% of that due to those working from home and our Canteen isn't the biggest either however we have managed to make that area socially distanced with all tables which would normally seat 6 seating 2 and are all 2 metres apart, on the call floor everyone is sat 2 metres apart to ensure it is covid secure and with those measures in place along with regular cleaning of the office throughout the day we have had 0 cases of covid-19 in the 10 months we have been in this awful pandemic, seems to me the company you work for are not doing enough to protect it's staff.

Fail to see the relevance of your call centre at all here. It’s easy to manage a call centre break policy and incomparable to a bus network.

seems to me if your employer wanted to protect its staff then you’d all be working from home and avoiding unnecessary journeys....alas it’s your employer in the race to the bottom here

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

mb134

01 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm #53
7484 is being used on the 35/X21/X22 cycle today. 7446 was used on the X20 this morning before ultimately being replaced by 7527, putting 7510 onto another 35/X21/X22 board. 

7526/8 are also in use on the Alnwick routes. 
4659 was on the X20, now replaced by 7445. 

MAX deckers 7512/4/30/54-6 all VOR. Scanias 4653/64 VOR. Sapphires 7524/5 both off also. If today was a normal service, as it would have been last Monday, that's Ashington not even close to meeting PVR.
mb134
01 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm #53

7484 is being used on the 35/X21/X22 cycle today. 7446 was used on the X20 this morning before ultimately being replaced by 7527, putting 7510 onto another 35/X21/X22 board. 

MAX deckers 7512/4/30/54-6 all VOR. Scanias 4653/64 VOR. Sapphires 7524/5 both off also. If today was a normal service, as it would have been last Monday, that's Ashington not even close to meeting PVR.

01 Feb 2021, 6:13 pm #54
(01 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm)mb134 7484 is being used on the 35/X21/X22 cycle today. 7446 was used on the X20 this morning before ultimately being replaced by 7527, putting 7510 onto another 35/X21/X22 board. 

If Ash is the same as Blyth I'd imagine half of them would be patched up and sent out in the hope the driver wouldn't throw it off for whatever its problem(s) was.
Driver9***
01 Feb 2021, 6:13 pm #54

(01 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm)mb134 7484 is being used on the 35/X21/X22 cycle today. 7446 was used on the X20 this morning before ultimately being replaced by 7527, putting 7510 onto another 35/X21/X22 board. 

If Ash is the same as Blyth I'd imagine half of them would be patched up and sent out in the hope the driver wouldn't throw it off for whatever its problem(s) was.

mb134

01 Feb 2021, 6:18 pm #55
(01 Feb 2021, 6:13 pm)Driver9*** If Ash is the same as Blyth I'd imagine half of them would be patched up and sent out in the hope the driver wouldn't throw it off for whatever its problem(s) was.

I'd have thought so - though the fact they've had to resort to putting B7s onto X20 and 35/X21/X22 duties makes me think there simply wasn't anything off they could patch in time. Patch and hope only lasts so long though, looks to be catching up with Ash now.
mb134
01 Feb 2021, 6:18 pm #55

(01 Feb 2021, 6:13 pm)Driver9*** If Ash is the same as Blyth I'd imagine half of them would be patched up and sent out in the hope the driver wouldn't throw it off for whatever its problem(s) was.

I'd have thought so - though the fact they've had to resort to putting B7s onto X20 and 35/X21/X22 duties makes me think there simply wasn't anything off they could patch in time. Patch and hope only lasts so long though, looks to be catching up with Ash now.

01 Feb 2021, 8:38 pm #56
(01 Feb 2021, 6:18 pm)mb134 I'd have thought so - though the fact they've had to resort to putting B7s onto X20 and 35/X21/X22 duties makes me think there simply wasn't anything off they could patch in time. Patch and hope only lasts so long though, looks to be catching up with Ash now.
I'm surprised at that as your engineering facilities are light years ahead of Blyth's. I'm assuming its lack of cash spent on spare parts is the main reason.
Driver9***
01 Feb 2021, 8:38 pm #56

(01 Feb 2021, 6:18 pm)mb134 I'd have thought so - though the fact they've had to resort to putting B7s onto X20 and 35/X21/X22 duties makes me think there simply wasn't anything off they could patch in time. Patch and hope only lasts so long though, looks to be catching up with Ash now.
I'm surprised at that as your engineering facilities are light years ahead of Blyth's. I'm assuming its lack of cash spent on spare parts is the main reason.

N391OTY

05 Feb 2021, 1:14 am #57
Noticed yesterday that 1407, which hasn't registered on bustimes for quite a while now, was working with the SP AN ticket machine on the 1833 X14 service from Newcastle.
N391OTY
05 Feb 2021, 1:14 am #57

Noticed yesterday that 1407, which hasn't registered on bustimes for quite a while now, was working with the SP AN ticket machine on the 1833 X14 service from Newcastle.

Jimmi

05 Feb 2021, 1:27 am #58
(05 Feb 2021, 1:14 am)N391OTY Noticed yesterday that 1407, which hasn't registered on bustimes for quite a while now, was working with the SP AN ticket machine on the 1833 X14 service from Newcastle.
1407 has been assigned SP AN ticket machine ever since it returned from its lengthy loan spell at Darlington
Jimmi
05 Feb 2021, 1:27 am #58

(05 Feb 2021, 1:14 am)N391OTY Noticed yesterday that 1407, which hasn't registered on bustimes for quite a while now, was working with the SP AN ticket machine on the 1833 X14 service from Newcastle.
1407 has been assigned SP AN ticket machine ever since it returned from its lengthy loan spell at Darlington

mb134

05 Feb 2021, 5:40 am #59
(05 Feb 2021, 1:27 am)Jimmi 1407 has been assigned SP AN ticket machine ever since it returned from its lengthy loan spell at Darlington

Believe it's only at Ashington at the moment to cover for MMCs going away for work, hence being given the spare machine. Appears over the past few days they may have taken another bus on loan, as SP AN is tracking on two different boards (one of which has been what 1407 is working, one of which is totally unrelated).
mb134
05 Feb 2021, 5:40 am #59

(05 Feb 2021, 1:27 am)Jimmi 1407 has been assigned SP AN ticket machine ever since it returned from its lengthy loan spell at Darlington

Believe it's only at Ashington at the moment to cover for MMCs going away for work, hence being given the spare machine. Appears over the past few days they may have taken another bus on loan, as SP AN is tracking on two different boards (one of which has been what 1407 is working, one of which is totally unrelated).

Jimmi

05 Feb 2021, 9:31 am #60
(05 Feb 2021, 5:40 am)mb134 Believe it's only at Ashington at the moment to cover for MMCs going away for work, hence being given the spare machine. Appears over the past few days they may have taken another bus on loan, as SP AN is tracking on two different boards (one of which has been what 1407 is working, one of which is totally unrelated).
There seems to be confusion as to who is meant to have 1407, I am of the understanding it's Ashington's as it was based there prior to going to Darlington for while as I think Darlington got it after having to give up a Solo to Redcar/Whitby after one of theirs burnt out then was no longer required once 4802 returned to service

Realistically the machines should get fleet number updated IMO but seems dependent on who gets their hands on them, Darlington have had a few loans recently and have had the correct fleet numbers assigned after at least some time into the loan.
Jimmi
05 Feb 2021, 9:31 am #60

(05 Feb 2021, 5:40 am)mb134 Believe it's only at Ashington at the moment to cover for MMCs going away for work, hence being given the spare machine. Appears over the past few days they may have taken another bus on loan, as SP AN is tracking on two different boards (one of which has been what 1407 is working, one of which is totally unrelated).
There seems to be confusion as to who is meant to have 1407, I am of the understanding it's Ashington's as it was based there prior to going to Darlington for while as I think Darlington got it after having to give up a Solo to Redcar/Whitby after one of theirs burnt out then was no longer required once 4802 returned to service

Realistically the machines should get fleet number updated IMO but seems dependent on who gets their hands on them, Darlington have had a few loans recently and have had the correct fleet numbers assigned after at least some time into the loan.

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average