Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Temporary resurfacing works in Park Lane Interchange

Temporary resurfacing works in Park Lane Interchange

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Michael

05 Feb 2021, 3:27 pm #1

From Sunday 14 February 2021, for around a week, there will be some road resurfacing works in Park Lane Interchange.

Only Stagecoach have post so far and it only effects their X1 service:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:17:55:248

When GNE/Arriva post - it'll go in this tread.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Feb 2021, 3:27 pm #1

From Sunday 14 February 2021, for around a week, there will be some road resurfacing works in Park Lane Interchange.

Only Stagecoach have post so far and it only effects their X1 service:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:17:55:248

When GNE/Arriva post - it'll go in this tread.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

05 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm #2
The 56 had to move stands due to the massive sink holes forming where it sits. Quite shocking really considering how recently those particular stands were resurfaced. The ABC side needs particular attention too.
deanmachine
05 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm #2

The 56 had to move stands due to the massive sink holes forming where it sits. Quite shocking really considering how recently those particular stands were resurfaced. The ABC side needs particular attention too.

Michael

05 Feb 2021, 3:40 pm #3
(05 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm)deanmachine The 56 had to move stands due to the massive sink holes forming where it sits. Quite shocking really considering how recently those particular stands were resurfaced. The ABC side needs particular attention too.

I haven't been to Park Lane since March last year, I've moved to another place of work so don't need to use it, I didn't know it was so bad around those stands.

I wonder why?

Hopefully if they resurface the whole bus station and put new markings down, it might look better, still think it was the complete wrong style to go for... its horrible.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Feb 2021, 3:40 pm #3

(05 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm)deanmachine The 56 had to move stands due to the massive sink holes forming where it sits. Quite shocking really considering how recently those particular stands were resurfaced. The ABC side needs particular attention too.

I haven't been to Park Lane since March last year, I've moved to another place of work so don't need to use it, I didn't know it was so bad around those stands.

I wonder why?

Hopefully if they resurface the whole bus station and put new markings down, it might look better, still think it was the complete wrong style to go for... its horrible.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

05 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm #4
Needs knocking down , to far away from the shops, won’t be to long before it will be to far away from city hall when there close the civic centre.

there should of did the alternative option where there built Debenhams as buses coming in from green terrace and out on crow tree road and would of been incorporated into the bridges shopping centre, don’t know where else it could go , unless knock down the rest of the buildings on the college side of holmside and widen the road , which would give it a more central site for the bus station with bus stands on each side of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm #4

Needs knocking down , to far away from the shops, won’t be to long before it will be to far away from city hall when there close the civic centre.

there should of did the alternative option where there built Debenhams as buses coming in from green terrace and out on crow tree road and would of been incorporated into the bridges shopping centre, don’t know where else it could go , unless knock down the rest of the buildings on the college side of holmside and widen the road , which would give it a more central site for the bus station with bus stands on each side of the road.

05 Feb 2021, 6:57 pm #5
(05 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm)cbma06 Needs knocking down , to far away from the shops, won’t be to long before it will be to far away from city hall when there close the civic centre.

Problem was that Nexus and the Council wanted an interchange to integrate it into the Metro network. Only takes 2 or 3 minutes to walk down Park Lane, but people want to be close to the shops I get it, the old CBS location was always perfect, shame it gassed everyone with diesel fumes.
deanmachine
05 Feb 2021, 6:57 pm #5

(05 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm)cbma06 Needs knocking down , to far away from the shops, won’t be to long before it will be to far away from city hall when there close the civic centre.

Problem was that Nexus and the Council wanted an interchange to integrate it into the Metro network. Only takes 2 or 3 minutes to walk down Park Lane, but people want to be close to the shops I get it, the old CBS location was always perfect, shame it gassed everyone with diesel fumes.

Michael

08 Feb 2021, 12:26 pm #6
There will be temporary changes to stands in Park Lane Interchange while resurfacing works are carried out from Sunday 14th February until Friday 19th February.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-updates

Temporary stand re-allocations at Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland
14th Feb

There will be temporary changes to stands in Park Lane Interchange while resurfacing works are carried out from Sunday 14th February until Friday 19th February.

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Sunday 14th February until approximately 18:00;

2 & 2A to Washington - Please catch your bus from Stand E
20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand A
35A towards Houghton - Please catch your bus from Stand G
55 to Peterlee - Please catch your bus from Stand G
78 & 78A towards Stanley - Please catch your bus from Stand C
X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand G

The following changes will be in place longer term;

20 to South Shields - Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Wednesday 17th February)
35 / 35A towards Boldon -Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Wednesday 17th February)
56 - Please catch you bus from Stand W (until end of service on Wednesday 17th February)
Nightingale Hospital Shuttle - Please catch your bus from Stand X (until end of service on Tuesday 16th February)

-------------------------

15th - 16th Feb

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Monday 15th February until approximately 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February;

20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand T
35A towards Houghton - Please catch your bus from Stand V
55 towards Peterlee - Please catch your bus from Stand K
X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand K

20 to South Shields - Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February)
35 / 35A towards Boldon -Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February)
56 - Please catch you bus from Stand W (until end of service on Wednesday 17th February)
Nightingale Hospital Shuttle - Please catch your bus from Stand X (until end of service on Tuesday 16th February)

17th Feb

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Wednesday 17th February until approximately 18:00;

X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand M
56 - Please catch your bus from Stand W

-------------

18th - 19th Feb

There will be temporary changes to stands in Park Lane Interchange while resurfacing works are carried out on Thursday 18th & Friday 19th February.

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Thursday 18th February until approximately 18:00 on Friday 19th February;

9 to Jarrow will operate from stand K
60 to Parkside will operate from stand T
700 & 702 will operate from stand H, check the destination of the bus or check with the driver
38 & 938 to Leechmere, 61 to Murton & X6 to Peterlee will operate from the bus stop near Age UK on Stockton Road

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Feb 2021, 12:26 pm #6

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-updates

14th Feb

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Sunday 14th February until approximately 18:00;

2 & 2A to Washington - Please catch your bus from Stand E
20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand A
35A towards Houghton - Please catch your bus from Stand G
55 to Peterlee - Please catch your bus from Stand G
78 & 78A towards Stanley - Please catch your bus from Stand C
X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand G

20 to South Shields - Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Wednesday 17th February)
35 / 35A towards Boldon -Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Wednesday 17th February)

15th - 16th Feb

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Monday 15th February until approximately 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February;

20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand T
35A towards Houghton - Please catch your bus from Stand V
55 towards Peterlee - Please catch your bus from Stand K
X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand K

20 to South Shields - Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February)
35 / 35A towards Boldon -Please catch your bus from Stockton Road (bus stop near Age UK) (until 18:00 on Tuesday 16th February)

17th Feb

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Wednesday 17th February until approximately 18:00;

X20 to Durham - Please catch your bus from Stand M
56 - Please catch your bus from Stand W

-------------

18th - 19th Feb

There will be temporary changes to stands in Park Lane Interchange while resurfacing works are carried out on Thursday 18th & Friday 19th February.

The following changes will be in place from the start of service on Thursday 18th February until approximately 18:00 on Friday 19th February;

9 to Jarrow will operate from stand K
60 to Parkside will operate from stand T
700 & 702 will operate from stand H, check the destination of the bus or check with the driver
38 & 938 to Leechmere, 61 to Murton & X6 to Peterlee will operate from the bus stop near Age UK on Stockton Road

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

13 Feb 2021, 6:21 pm #7
Does anyone know which stands, the Arriva services 22/23 are stopping at when there side of Park Lane shuts?

I can't find out on the Arriva site... that's even if I'm looking in the right area

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Feb 2021, 6:21 pm #7

Does anyone know which stands, the Arriva services 22/23 are stopping at when there side of Park Lane shuts?

I can't find out on the Arriva site... that's even if I'm looking in the right area

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Feb 2021, 7:30 am #8
(13 Feb 2021, 6:21 pm)Michael Does anyone know which stands, the Arriva services 22/23 are stopping at when there side of Park Lane shuts?

The GNE ones are stopping on Stockton Road, not sure if Arriva are doing the same.
deanmachine
14 Feb 2021, 7:30 am #8

(13 Feb 2021, 6:21 pm)Michael Does anyone know which stands, the Arriva services 22/23 are stopping at when there side of Park Lane shuts?

The GNE ones are stopping on Stockton Road, not sure if Arriva are doing the same.

Malarkey

14 Feb 2021, 4:35 pm #9

Gateshead Interchange is not much better, spotted a massive sink hole at the top of the Newcastle bound drop off stand on Friday when passing through with a few others around the same area.
Malarkey
14 Feb 2021, 4:35 pm #9

Gateshead Interchange is not much better, spotted a massive sink hole at the top of the Newcastle bound drop off stand on Friday when passing through with a few others around the same area.

Michael

21 Feb 2021, 4:18 pm #10
Go North East – Wear A Face Covering Face with medical mask

Sunderland Interchange - Services using Sunderland Interchange have now gone back to their normal stands.

Work has finished early... for once...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Feb 2021, 4:18 pm #10

Go North East – Wear A Face Covering Face with medical mask

Sunderland Interchange - Services using Sunderland Interchange have now gone back to their normal stands.

Work has finished early... for once...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average