Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Having to log in to view posts?

Having to log in to view posts?

Having to log in to view posts?

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

gtom

Banned

08 May 2013, 2:41 pm #1
Hi Guys

Assume that you now have to log in to see posts to lighten the load on the servers of lurkers?

Understandable but a bit faffy when I'm using Private Browsing on most of my kit
gtom
08 May 2013, 2:41 pm #1

Hi Guys

Assume that you now have to log in to see posts to lighten the load on the servers of lurkers?

Understandable but a bit faffy when I'm using Private Browsing on most of my kit

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

08 May 2013, 5:54 pm #2
Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this up. The Forum Team weren't aware of this until very recently in fact. We believe the site switched to its default settings when it came back online after the downtown a couple of weeks ago. Prior to this, we believe that guests could view all threads and posts.

We've noticed that while we've been back online since the downtime, the number of spam accounts making it through has dropped substantially, and could be none at all in fact. This had been an ongoing concern previously, despite our best efforts to block them out with captchas and all accounts requiring activation by us prior to being able to post.

We're keen to keep these settings as they are now. However, I do apologise on behalf of the Forum Team about the difficulties you're having with your browser, but I hope you can appreciate the difficult situation we are in with the battle against spam! Tongue

Thanks again Smile
NEB Admin Team
08 May 2013, 5:54 pm #2

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this up. The Forum Team weren't aware of this until very recently in fact. We believe the site switched to its default settings when it came back online after the downtown a couple of weeks ago. Prior to this, we believe that guests could view all threads and posts.

We've noticed that while we've been back online since the downtime, the number of spam accounts making it through has dropped substantially, and could be none at all in fact. This had been an ongoing concern previously, despite our best efforts to block them out with captchas and all accounts requiring activation by us prior to being able to post.

We're keen to keep these settings as they are now. However, I do apologise on behalf of the Forum Team about the difficulties you're having with your browser, but I hope you can appreciate the difficult situation we are in with the battle against spam! Tongue

Thanks again Smile

gtom

Banned

08 May 2013, 6:19 pm #3
Oh I totally understand Brandon, been having problems with my security settings myself, I'm just being whiny as I have to go to all the bother of typing my username AND password in (such woe!) Big Grin
gtom
08 May 2013, 6:19 pm #3

Oh I totally understand Brandon, been having problems with my security settings myself, I'm just being whiny as I have to go to all the bother of typing my username AND password in (such woe!) Big Grin

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average