Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East New service X11

New service X11

New service X11

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (28): Previous 126 27 28
Andreos1

24 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm #541
(24 Aug 2021, 5:51 pm)Adrian Looks like 7150 has hung about in Scarborough for a later departure, presumably communicated to those who got into Scarborough later than expected. A positive move, and lets face it, not one that they were obliged to do. 

[Image: x11-20210824.png]

A positive response. Decent to see.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm #541

(24 Aug 2021, 5:51 pm)Adrian Looks like 7150 has hung about in Scarborough for a later departure, presumably communicated to those who got into Scarborough later than expected. A positive move, and lets face it, not one that they were obliged to do. 

[Image: x11-20210824.png]

A positive response. Decent to see.

24 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm #542
(24 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)Andreos1 A positive response. Decent to see.

Genuine question - are they allowed to just add additional runs at different times without TC approval?  Agree it's a positive for those it helps who lost some time at Washington but just wondering about the legality
stagecoachbusdepot
24 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm #542

(24 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)Andreos1 A positive response. Decent to see.

Genuine question - are they allowed to just add additional runs at different times without TC approval?  Agree it's a positive for those it helps who lost some time at Washington but just wondering about the legality

RobinHood

24 Aug 2021, 7:38 pm #543
(24 Aug 2021, 6:08 pm)mb134 Definitely positive - and instances like this (the later northbound specifically) can go a long way to build customer relations for those passengers to maybe start using the rest of the network too. That said, I don't think it excuses the 2 hour delay in the dupe arriving at Washington, and don't think it's a viable solution long term either - folk will likely be planning their connections home and a one hour delay on the way back (I appreciate sometimes unavoidable) would probably scupper most of those.
Although they are operating in contravention to their registered service particulars by doing this - sensible or not, it could land them in hot water if regular.
RobinHood
24 Aug 2021, 7:38 pm #543

(24 Aug 2021, 6:08 pm)mb134 Definitely positive - and instances like this (the later northbound specifically) can go a long way to build customer relations for those passengers to maybe start using the rest of the network too. That said, I don't think it excuses the 2 hour delay in the dupe arriving at Washington, and don't think it's a viable solution long term either - folk will likely be planning their connections home and a one hour delay on the way back (I appreciate sometimes unavoidable) would probably scupper most of those.
Although they are operating in contravention to their registered service particulars by doing this - sensible or not, it could land them in hot water if regular.

JP6004

24 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm #544
(24 Aug 2021, 7:38 pm)RobinHood Although they are operating in contravention to their registered service particulars by doing this - sensible or not, it could land them in hot water if regular.
Does it apply to duplicates though?
JP6004
24 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm #544

(24 Aug 2021, 7:38 pm)RobinHood Although they are operating in contravention to their registered service particulars by doing this - sensible or not, it could land them in hot water if regular.
Does it apply to duplicates though?

Andreos1

24 Aug 2021, 7:55 pm #545
(24 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Genuine question - are they allowed to just add additional runs at different times without TC approval?  Agree it's a positive for those it helps who lost some time at Washington but just wondering about the legality

Could they make the argument about drivers hours and rest periods?
Appreciate it can't be done on a regular basis and something should be done about the farce at Washington, but in the circumstances - it's the least they can do.

Andreos1
24 Aug 2021, 7:55 pm #545

(24 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Genuine question - are they allowed to just add additional runs at different times without TC approval?  Agree it's a positive for those it helps who lost some time at Washington but just wondering about the legality

Could they make the argument about drivers hours and rest periods?
Appreciate it can't be done on a regular basis and something should be done about the farce at Washington, but in the circumstances - it's the least they can do.

GuyParkRoyal

25 Aug 2021, 9:16 am #546
(24 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm)JP6004 Does it apply to duplicates though?
Yes duplicate services need to follow the same timetable.

Here is the guidance from DVSA:

"There may be times when, due to special circumstances, the number of vehicles normally used to provide the service will not be sufficient to carry all persons wishing to travel or will not be able to provide the service in accordance with the registered timetable. Under these circumstances additional vehicle(s) may be put into service, to operate over any part of the route of the service without the need to vary the registration. They must be operated as closely as possible to the timings in the registered timetable. If it is a regular occurrence that the usual number of vehicles used to provide the service is unable to carry all the persons wishing to travel, that is not a special circumstance. The traffic commissioner may take the view that unregistered local services have been operated if there are no special circumstances which warrant the provision of additional vehicle(s)."
GuyParkRoyal
25 Aug 2021, 9:16 am #546

(24 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm)JP6004 Does it apply to duplicates though?
Yes duplicate services need to follow the same timetable.

"There may be times when, due to special circumstances, the number of vehicles normally used to provide the service will not be sufficient to carry all persons wishing to travel or will not be able to provide the service in accordance with the registered timetable. Under these circumstances additional vehicle(s) may be put into service, to operate over any part of the route of the service without the need to vary the registration. They must be operated as closely as possible to the timings in the registered timetable. If it is a regular occurrence that the usual number of vehicles used to provide the service is unable to carry all the persons wishing to travel, that is not a special circumstance. The traffic commissioner may take the view that unregistered local services have been operated if there are no special circumstances which warrant the provision of additional vehicle(s)."

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm #547
(25 Aug 2021, 9:16 am)GuyParkRoyal Yes duplicate services need to follow the same timetable.

Suitably vague for a special circumstance such as yesterday. Let's not make an issue out of something done as a goodwill gesture for passengers inconvenienced, eh?
Dan
25 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm #547

(25 Aug 2021, 9:16 am)GuyParkRoyal Yes duplicate services need to follow the same timetable.

Suitably vague for a special circumstance such as yesterday. Let's not make an issue out of something done as a goodwill gesture for passengers inconvenienced, eh?

RMF1254

25 Aug 2021, 5:48 pm #548
(25 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm)Dan Suitably vague for a special circumstance such as yesterday. Let's not make an issue out of something done as a goodwill gesture for passengers inconvenienced, eh?
Well said!
RMF1254
25 Aug 2021, 5:48 pm #548

(25 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm)Dan Suitably vague for a special circumstance such as yesterday. Let's not make an issue out of something done as a goodwill gesture for passengers inconvenienced, eh?
Well said!

Adrian

28 Aug 2021, 5:14 pm #549
Perhaps telling in the unpredictability of the X11: a red hot sunny day, yet only 33 on the X11, according to the occupancy data.
I'd have put money on the dupe being required today.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Aug 2021, 5:14 pm #549

Perhaps telling in the unpredictability of the X11: a red hot sunny day, yet only 33 on the X11, according to the occupancy data.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Keeiajs

28 Aug 2021, 5:40 pm #550
(28 Aug 2021, 5:14 pm)Adrian Perhaps telling in the unpredictability of the X11: a red hot sunny day, yet only 33 on the X11, according to the occupancy data.
, Dan posted a pic of the JH Coaches Gold Double Decker Coach operating the service today so I believe that is why it isn't required. So Possibly GNE taking JH Coaches DD on sunny days / bank hoildays https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14316...91428?s=20
Keeiajs
28 Aug 2021, 5:40 pm #550

(28 Aug 2021, 5:14 pm)Adrian Perhaps telling in the unpredictability of the X11: a red hot sunny day, yet only 33 on the X11, according to the occupancy data.
, Dan posted a pic of the JH Coaches Gold Double Decker Coach operating the service today so I believe that is why it isn't required. So Possibly GNE taking JH Coaches DD on sunny days / bank hoildays https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14316...91428?s=20

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Aug 2021, 6:09 pm #551

That number doesn’t include the extra passengers that travel on a group ticket, so there were actually around 60 on board today (on JH’s 85 seat double-deck coach).

But yes, you’d never expect a warm sunny Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend to carry fewer passengers than a weekday (over 100 on Tuesday). Highly unpredictable!

Go North East booked (and paid extra) for JH’s double-deck to be allocated all week including Bank Holiday Monday following Tuesday’s issue with the full coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
28 Aug 2021, 6:09 pm #551

That number doesn’t include the extra passengers that travel on a group ticket, so there were actually around 60 on board today (on JH’s 85 seat double-deck coach).

But yes, you’d never expect a warm sunny Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend to carry fewer passengers than a weekday (over 100 on Tuesday). Highly unpredictable!

Go North East booked (and paid extra) for JH’s double-deck to be allocated all week including Bank Holiday Monday following Tuesday’s issue with the full coach.

Keeiajs

28 Aug 2021, 6:35 pm #552
(28 Aug 2021, 6:09 pm)Dan That number doesn’t include the extra passengers that travel on a group ticket, so there were actually around 60 on board today (on JH’s 85 seat double-deck coach).

Would it not be good to trail another coach behind it especially for Sunday-Tuesday. To Washington atleast
Keeiajs
28 Aug 2021, 6:35 pm #552

(28 Aug 2021, 6:09 pm)Dan That number doesn’t include the extra passengers that travel on a group ticket, so there were actually around 60 on board today (on JH’s 85 seat double-deck coach).

Would it not be good to trail another coach behind it especially for Sunday-Tuesday. To Washington atleast

28 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm #553
(28 Aug 2021, 6:35 pm)Keeiajs Would it not be good to trail another coach behind it especially for Sunday-Tuesday. To Washington atleast
Easier said than done. You are tying a driver who is in scope for an EU trip up when they may not be required. It seems like a rock and a hard place scenario tbh

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
28 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm #553

(28 Aug 2021, 6:35 pm)Keeiajs Would it not be good to trail another coach behind it especially for Sunday-Tuesday. To Washington atleast
Easier said than done. You are tying a driver who is in scope for an EU trip up when they may not be required. It seems like a rock and a hard place scenario tbh

Keeiajs

28 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm #554
(28 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm)6049 Easier said than done. You are tying a driver who is in scope for an EU trip up when they may not be required. It seems like a rock and a hard place scenario tbh

Yeah, true. However with it being a bank hoilday it might be worth it.
Keeiajs
28 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm #554

(28 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm)6049 Easier said than done. You are tying a driver who is in scope for an EU trip up when they may not be required. It seems like a rock and a hard place scenario tbh

Yeah, true. However with it being a bank hoilday it might be worth it.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm #555
(28 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm)Keeiajs Yeah, true. However with it being a bank hoilday it might be worth it.

If either Go North East or JH Coaches had the resource to do this, I’m sure they’d be doing it - but as we have seen today, an 85 seat double decker coach was perfectly adequate.

Dan
28 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm #555

(28 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm)Keeiajs Yeah, true. However with it being a bank hoilday it might be worth it.

If either Go North East or JH Coaches had the resource to do this, I’m sure they’d be doing it - but as we have seen today, an 85 seat double decker coach was perfectly adequate.

Keeiajs

28 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm #556
(28 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm)Dan If either Go North East or JH Coaches had the resource to do this, I’m sure they’d be doing it - but as we have seen today, an 85 seat double decker coach was perfectly adequate.

Hopefully it is Sunday And Monday aswell.
Keeiajs
28 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm #556

(28 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm)Dan If either Go North East or JH Coaches had the resource to do this, I’m sure they’d be doing it - but as we have seen today, an 85 seat double decker coach was perfectly adequate.

Hopefully it is Sunday And Monday aswell.

Pages (28): Previous 126 27 28

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average