North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East New service X11

New service X11

New service X11

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (28): Previous 1 2 328 Next
Andreos1

06 Mar 2021, 3:10 pm #21
Interesting. 
I think this is a positive too. Not only for passengers heading to Scarborough, but also for those passengers heading from Teesside who don't fancy a tour of Stockton or Billingham on their daily commute north.
If operated correctly, I'd hope this would work alongside the X9/10 and complement its offering, with the Scarborough extensions being stabling type runs which offer commercial opportunities.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Mar 2021, 3:10 pm #21

Interesting. 
I think this is a positive too. Not only for passengers heading to Scarborough, but also for those passengers heading from Teesside who don't fancy a tour of Stockton or Billingham on their daily commute north.
If operated correctly, I'd hope this would work alongside the X9/10 and complement its offering, with the Scarborough extensions being stabling type runs which offer commercial opportunities.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

06 Mar 2021, 3:23 pm #22
Wonder if it will be operated jointly by Go North East & East Yorkshire then in order to provide early morning journeys from both ends of the route.
Malarkey
06 Mar 2021, 3:23 pm #22

Wonder if it will be operated jointly by Go North East & East Yorkshire then in order to provide early morning journeys from both ends of the route.

06 Mar 2021, 3:30 pm #23
It won't be a frequent service, it be one or two journeys each way departing Newcastle between 8am and 10am with the return leaving Scarborough between 4pm and 6pm. The vehicles will probably park up in the EYMS yard next to Scarborough Station between runs. I very much doubt there be much demand for a service running from Scarborough to Newcastle in the morning and back in the evening. As if people in Scarborough want to go to a City, they prob use a train or Yorkshire Coastliner service and go to York.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
06 Mar 2021, 3:30 pm #23

It won't be a frequent service, it be one or two journeys each way departing Newcastle between 8am and 10am with the return leaving Scarborough between 4pm and 6pm. The vehicles will probably park up in the EYMS yard next to Scarborough Station between runs. I very much doubt there be much demand for a service running from Scarborough to Newcastle in the morning and back in the evening. As if people in Scarborough want to go to a City, they prob use a train or Yorkshire Coastliner service and go to York.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Adrian

06 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm #24
(06 Mar 2021, 3:23 pm)Malarkey Wonder if it will be operated jointly by Go North East & East Yorkshire then in order to provide early morning journeys from both ends of the route.

I am sure you can take credit for suggesting this a couple of years ago, although there's no confirmation that it'll serve Lambton Village Centre yet #missedopportunity  Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm #24

(06 Mar 2021, 3:23 pm)Malarkey Wonder if it will be operated jointly by Go North East & East Yorkshire then in order to provide early morning journeys from both ends of the route.

I am sure you can take credit for suggesting this a couple of years ago, although there's no confirmation that it'll serve Lambton Village Centre yet #missedopportunity  Tongue

Adrian

06 Mar 2021, 3:55 pm #25
(06 Mar 2021, 3:30 pm)Rapidsnap It won't be a frequent service, it be one or two journeys each way departing Newcastle between 8am and 10am with the return leaving Scarborough between 4pm and 6pm. The vehicles will probably park up in the EYMS yard next to Scarborough Station between runs. I very much doubt there be much demand for a service running from Scarborough to Newcastle in the morning and back in the evening. As if people in Scarborough want to go to a City, they prob use a train or Yorkshire Coastliner service and go to York.

I agree that the demand the other way would be somewhat limited. Train (or bus) to Leeds or York are probably better options if you live in Scarborough; I don't think Newcastle offers anything that you wouldn't get in either of those Cities.

Adrian
06 Mar 2021, 3:55 pm #25

(06 Mar 2021, 3:30 pm)Rapidsnap It won't be a frequent service, it be one or two journeys each way departing Newcastle between 8am and 10am with the return leaving Scarborough between 4pm and 6pm. The vehicles will probably park up in the EYMS yard next to Scarborough Station between runs. I very much doubt there be much demand for a service running from Scarborough to Newcastle in the morning and back in the evening. As if people in Scarborough want to go to a City, they prob use a train or Yorkshire Coastliner service and go to York.

I agree that the demand the other way would be somewhat limited. Train (or bus) to Leeds or York are probably better options if you live in Scarborough; I don't think Newcastle offers anything that you wouldn't get in either of those Cities.

JP6004

06 Mar 2021, 3:55 pm #26
Very impressed to see whitby service come to washington and newcastle. Wonder if X9/X10 plus tickets will now incorporate X11
JP6004
06 Mar 2021, 3:55 pm #26

Very impressed to see whitby service come to washington and newcastle. Wonder if X9/X10 plus tickets will now incorporate X11

mb134

06 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm #27

Agreed. I think it'll very much be along the lines of what ANE had with the X60. That it starts on a Saturday in April could be a coincidence, but to me you wouldn't start a commuter service on a Saturday (don't most service changes start on a Sun/Mon?). Of course it's also the first Saturday after shops are planned to reopen. Realistically if there was demand for a commuter service I'd have thought that ANE would have picked up on it with any X93/X12 through passengers. 

It's why I also think it'll be decker operated and not with coaching stock as mentioned earlier up, I cannot see them limiting passenger numbers to 50 or so - they'll be wanting full decker loads of 70+. I hope it works out for them, it'll be good to see the return of these sorts of routes.
mb134
06 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm #27

Agreed. I think it'll very much be along the lines of what ANE had with the X60. That it starts on a Saturday in April could be a coincidence, but to me you wouldn't start a commuter service on a Saturday (don't most service changes start on a Sun/Mon?). Of course it's also the first Saturday after shops are planned to reopen. Realistically if there was demand for a commuter service I'd have thought that ANE would have picked up on it with any X93/X12 through passengers. 

It's why I also think it'll be decker operated and not with coaching stock as mentioned earlier up, I cannot see them limiting passenger numbers to 50 or so - they'll be wanting full decker loads of 70+. I hope it works out for them, it'll be good to see the return of these sorts of routes.

Storx

06 Mar 2021, 4:44 pm #28
(06 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm)mb134 Agreed. I think it'll very much be along the lines of what ANE had with the X60. That it starts on a Saturday in April could be a coincidence, but to me you wouldn't start a commuter service on a Saturday (don't most service changes start on a Sun/Mon?). Of course it's also the first Saturday after shops are planned to reopen. Realistically if there was demand for a commuter service I'd have thought that ANE would have picked up on it with any X93/X12 through passengers. 

You'd have to be dedicated to do the X93/X12 combination. The quickest way from Scarborough to Newcastle is Scarborough -> York -> Newcastle via train and still will be after this by a considerable margin aswell, doubt any commuters would go any other way.

Definitely aimed at leisure passengers.

Edit: Maybe not actually it's £100 for a return on the train or £55 splitting it at York, ouch.
Storx
06 Mar 2021, 4:44 pm #28

(06 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm)mb134 Agreed. I think it'll very much be along the lines of what ANE had with the X60. That it starts on a Saturday in April could be a coincidence, but to me you wouldn't start a commuter service on a Saturday (don't most service changes start on a Sun/Mon?). Of course it's also the first Saturday after shops are planned to reopen. Realistically if there was demand for a commuter service I'd have thought that ANE would have picked up on it with any X93/X12 through passengers. 

You'd have to be dedicated to do the X93/X12 combination. The quickest way from Scarborough to Newcastle is Scarborough -> York -> Newcastle via train and still will be after this by a considerable margin aswell, doubt any commuters would go any other way.

Definitely aimed at leisure passengers.

Edit: Maybe not actually it's £100 for a return on the train or £55 splitting it at York, ouch.

06 Mar 2021, 5:13 pm #29
There will be aiming at the staycation market too, no doubt a cheap way for families to go on holiday to a seaside resort like Scarborough.

Rapidsnap
06 Mar 2021, 5:13 pm #29

There will be aiming at the staycation market too, no doubt a cheap way for families to go on holiday to a seaside resort like Scarborough.

06 Mar 2021, 5:20 pm #30
I highly doubt the X11 will be included in any of the current ticket options, it's just too long of a journey.

I wonder if it'll be run under the 'Northern Coaching' brand rather than the either GNE or X-Lines, possibly with the Omnidekkas that have the coach style seats.
streetdeckfan
06 Mar 2021, 5:20 pm #30

I highly doubt the X11 will be included in any of the current ticket options, it's just too long of a journey.

I wonder if it'll be run under the 'Northern Coaching' brand rather than the either GNE or X-Lines, possibly with the Omnidekkas that have the coach style seats.

Michael

06 Mar 2021, 5:24 pm #31
(06 Mar 2021, 5:20 pm)streetdeckfan I highly doubt the X11 will be included in any of the current ticket options, it's just too long of a journey.

Hope not, GNE should be advertising that it has all the perks on... such as /WIFIUSB ports etc to attract customers on to the service.

Still think it'll be a coach allocated, hopefully its successful so it warrants new bus(es) in the future.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Mar 2021, 5:24 pm #31

(06 Mar 2021, 5:20 pm)streetdeckfan I highly doubt the X11 will be included in any of the current ticket options, it's just too long of a journey.

Hope not, GNE should be advertising that it has all the perks on... such as /WIFIUSB ports etc to attract customers on to the service.

Still think it'll be a coach allocated, hopefully its successful so it warrants new bus(es) in the future.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

06 Mar 2021, 5:27 pm #32
(06 Mar 2021, 5:13 pm)Rapidsnap There will be aiming at the staycation market too, no doubt a cheap way for families to go on holiday to a seaside resort like Scarborough.

I think that is exactly what this is. Making the most out of the current situation with a no-go on overseas travel.

Whether the service will still have a leg to stand on when full restrictions are eventually lifted in a year or however long's time, we'll just have to wait that one out.
S813 FVK
06 Mar 2021, 5:27 pm #32

(06 Mar 2021, 5:13 pm)Rapidsnap There will be aiming at the staycation market too, no doubt a cheap way for families to go on holiday to a seaside resort like Scarborough.

I think that is exactly what this is. Making the most out of the current situation with a no-go on overseas travel.

Whether the service will still have a leg to stand on when full restrictions are eventually lifted in a year or however long's time, we'll just have to wait that one out.

L469 YVK

06 Mar 2021, 5:47 pm #33
It's actually a good opportunity for GNE this. Takes advantage of where demand will be during current climate and gives GNE exposure to some real long distance stuff.

If 6377 proves itself with few hitches, no doubt the OM936 StreetDeck will be Go Ahead's heavy duty vehicle of choice.
L469 YVK
06 Mar 2021, 5:47 pm #33

It's actually a good opportunity for GNE this. Takes advantage of where demand will be during current climate and gives GNE exposure to some real long distance stuff.

If 6377 proves itself with few hitches, no doubt the OM936 StreetDeck will be Go Ahead's heavy duty vehicle of choice.

Malarkey

06 Mar 2021, 6:01 pm #34
(06 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm)Adrian I am sure you can take credit for suggesting this a couple of years ago, although there's no confirmation that it'll serve Lambton Village Centre yet #missedopportunity  Tongue
Unfortunately I no longer live at Lamton, haven't done so for 2 years.

They should've considered going via Low Fell/A1 as it would've provided a quicker service to Washington Galleries rather than going via Heworth.
Malarkey
06 Mar 2021, 6:01 pm #34

(06 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm)Adrian I am sure you can take credit for suggesting this a couple of years ago, although there's no confirmation that it'll serve Lambton Village Centre yet #missedopportunity  Tongue
Unfortunately I no longer live at Lamton, haven't done so for 2 years.

They should've considered going via Low Fell/A1 as it would've provided a quicker service to Washington Galleries rather than going via Heworth.

06 Mar 2021, 6:17 pm #35
(06 Mar 2021, 5:27 pm)S813 FVK I think that is exactly what this is. Making the most out of the current situation with a no-go on overseas travel.

If the pricing isn't too unreasonable (especially if it's included in the 5-25 ticket like the X9/X10 is), and as long as they don't use shitboxes on it, it might become my new place to go for a play.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
06 Mar 2021, 6:17 pm #35

(06 Mar 2021, 5:27 pm)S813 FVK I think that is exactly what this is. Making the most out of the current situation with a no-go on overseas travel.

If the pricing isn't too unreasonable (especially if it's included in the 5-25 ticket like the X9/X10 is), and as long as they don't use shitboxes on it, it might become my new place to go for a play.

JP6004

06 Mar 2021, 7:07 pm #36
(06 Mar 2021, 6:17 pm)streetdeckfan If the pricing isn't too unreasonable (especially if it's included in the 5-25 ticket like the X9/X10 is), and as long as they don't use shitboxes on it, it might become my new place to go for a play.

See you in the middle earth tavern  Tongue
JP6004
06 Mar 2021, 7:07 pm #36

(06 Mar 2021, 6:17 pm)streetdeckfan If the pricing isn't too unreasonable (especially if it's included in the 5-25 ticket like the X9/X10 is), and as long as they don't use shitboxes on it, it might become my new place to go for a play.

See you in the middle earth tavern  Tongue

BoroLad

06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm #37

I agree - an adult return on this X11 will almost certainly cost more than the current GNE X9/X10 day ticket.

But it might be less than the East Yorkshire day ticket (which is £12.50) - so it could be included within that zone. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, or at least allowed onwards travel with an X11 ticket, because then they could mention their local network in any route marketing. Being able to use the EY open top services in Scarborough, or continue onwards to Bridlington, might persuade visitors onto the X11 instead of changing onto the X93 at Middlesbrough.

Might it be included within the Explorer? I'm too young to really remember the X60/X61, which would be the nearest thing to this new route - were they included?
BoroLad
06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm #37

I agree - an adult return on this X11 will almost certainly cost more than the current GNE X9/X10 day ticket.

But it might be less than the East Yorkshire day ticket (which is £12.50) - so it could be included within that zone. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, or at least allowed onwards travel with an X11 ticket, because then they could mention their local network in any route marketing. Being able to use the EY open top services in Scarborough, or continue onwards to Bridlington, might persuade visitors onto the X11 instead of changing onto the X93 at Middlesbrough.

Might it be included within the Explorer? I'm too young to really remember the X60/X61, which would be the nearest thing to this new route - were they included?

Kuyoyo

06 Mar 2021, 7:52 pm #38
(06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm)BoroLad Might it be included within the Explorer? I'm too young to really remember the X60/X61, which would be the nearest thing to this new route - were they included?

Explorers were only valid on the X60 between Middlesbrough and Scarborough, and on the X61 between Stockton and Scarborough.
Kuyoyo
06 Mar 2021, 7:52 pm #38

(06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm)BoroLad Might it be included within the Explorer? I'm too young to really remember the X60/X61, which would be the nearest thing to this new route - were they included?

Explorers were only valid on the X60 between Middlesbrough and Scarborough, and on the X61 between Stockton and Scarborough.

06 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm #39
(06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm)BoroLad I agree - an adult return on this X11 will almost certainly cost more than the current GNE X9/X10 day ticket.

There's no reason it shouldn't be included in the explorer, Arriva's competing service is. I'd imagine GNE would want to poach their passengers. 

Having said that, Arriva's regionwide ticket is only £8.50 a day, so already cheaper than GNE's and it covers Carlisle, Berwick and Scarborough, so if you're in an Arriva area, they'll probably be the best value still
streetdeckfan
06 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm #39

(06 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm)BoroLad I agree - an adult return on this X11 will almost certainly cost more than the current GNE X9/X10 day ticket.

There's no reason it shouldn't be included in the explorer, Arriva's competing service is. I'd imagine GNE would want to poach their passengers. 

Having said that, Arriva's regionwide ticket is only £8.50 a day, so already cheaper than GNE's and it covers Carlisle, Berwick and Scarborough, so if you're in an Arriva area, they'll probably be the best value still

06 Mar 2021, 9:07 pm #40
(06 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm)streetdeckfan There's no reason it shouldn't be included in the explorer, Arriva's competing service is. I'd imagine GNE would want to poach their passengers. 

I'd imagine explorers, but another individual ticket that gets you on the EYMS open toppers and local services too.
deanmachine
06 Mar 2021, 9:07 pm #40

(06 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm)streetdeckfan There's no reason it shouldn't be included in the explorer, Arriva's competing service is. I'd imagine GNE would want to poach their passengers. 

I'd imagine explorers, but another individual ticket that gets you on the EYMS open toppers and local services too.

Pages (28): Previous 1 2 328 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average