• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (28): Previous 19 10 1128 Next
30 Mar 2021, 3:32 pm
X11 timetables are now live on the Go North East website
N1cholas
30 Mar 2021, 3:32 pm #181

X11 timetables are now live on the Go North East website

30 Mar 2021, 3:52 pm
8.40 it will depart Newcastle John Dobson Street Library getting to Scarborough for 11.45 and will depart Scarborough back to Newcastle for 17.45 and arrive back to Newcastle for 20.45

Note service according to service will run only Saturday and Sunday same times
MichealAaron
30 Mar 2021, 3:52 pm #182

8.40 it will depart Newcastle John Dobson Street Library getting to Scarborough for 11.45 and will depart Scarborough back to Newcastle for 17.45 and arrive back to Newcastle for 20.45

Note service according to service will run only Saturday and Sunday same times

30 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm
not knowing much about services south of sunderland what would be the crack if I got the but there but the 545 was either full, i missed it due to the extra pint in the spoons or it didnt turn up. would there be an alternative way to get back to newcastle/gateshead?
Rob44
30 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm #183

not knowing much about services south of sunderland what would be the crack if I got the but there but the 545 was either full, i missed it due to the extra pint in the spoons or it didnt turn up. would there be an alternative way to get back to newcastle/gateshead?

30 Mar 2021, 5:53 pm
Either get the train to York then up to Newcastle or jump on the X93 to Boro and the X9/X10 from Boro to where you need to be.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
30 Mar 2021, 5:53 pm #184

Either get the train to York then up to Newcastle or jump on the X93 to Boro and the X9/X10 from Boro to where you need to be.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

30 Mar 2021, 6:04 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm)Rob44 not knowing much about services south of sunderland what would be the crack if I got the but there but the 545 was either full, i missed it due to the extra pint in the spoons or it didnt turn up. would there be an alternative way to get back to newcastle/gateshead?

That's an interesting point. I haven't seen the fares for it yet, but I had assumed that only tickets would be valid that are purchased on the outward journey, which would avoid this from happening.

It'd be an expensive day out if it was 'tough' that the bus was full and passengers were expected to get the train instead. £33.70 for an off-peak 'walk on' single to Newcastle.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Mar 2021, 6:04 pm #185

(30 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm)Rob44 not knowing much about services south of sunderland what would be the crack if I got the but there but the 545 was either full, i missed it due to the extra pint in the spoons or it didnt turn up. would there be an alternative way to get back to newcastle/gateshead?

That's an interesting point. I haven't seen the fares for it yet, but I had assumed that only tickets would be valid that are purchased on the outward journey, which would avoid this from happening.

It'd be an expensive day out if it was 'tough' that the bus was full and passengers were expected to get the train instead. £33.70 for an off-peak 'walk on' single to Newcastle.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

30 Mar 2021, 6:58 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 6:04 pm)Adrian That's an interesting point. I haven't seen the fares for it yet, but I had assumed that only tickets would be valid that are purchased on the outward journey, which would avoid this from happening.

On this point you'd hope that GNE would allow folk with an X11 ticket to use it on the X9/X10 on the northbound leg, meaning any punters left behind would only have to pay for a ticket for the X93. 

I do wonder what the plan is if the southbound journey hits bus full at Washington, for example. Do they dupe it for potential punters at Billingham and Peterlee? I don't see it as an issue if it gets bus full at Billingham, as realistically folk in Middlesbrough can just get the X93, but north of that it could get awkward.
mb134
30 Mar 2021, 6:58 pm #186

(30 Mar 2021, 6:04 pm)Adrian That's an interesting point. I haven't seen the fares for it yet, but I had assumed that only tickets would be valid that are purchased on the outward journey, which would avoid this from happening.

On this point you'd hope that GNE would allow folk with an X11 ticket to use it on the X9/X10 on the northbound leg, meaning any punters left behind would only have to pay for a ticket for the X93. 

I do wonder what the plan is if the southbound journey hits bus full at Washington, for example. Do they dupe it for potential punters at Billingham and Peterlee? I don't see it as an issue if it gets bus full at Billingham, as realistically folk in Middlesbrough can just get the X93, but north of that it could get awkward.

Dan
Site Administrator
30 Mar 2021, 7:28 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 6:58 pm)mb134 On this point you'd hope that GNE would allow folk with an X11 ticket to use it on the X9/X10 on the northbound leg, meaning any punters left behind would only have to pay for a ticket for the X93. 

This sounds like a wonderful problem to have - let's hope Go North East do have to tackle such an issue (in reality, they probably won't!)
Dan
30 Mar 2021, 7:28 pm #187

(30 Mar 2021, 6:58 pm)mb134 On this point you'd hope that GNE would allow folk with an X11 ticket to use it on the X9/X10 on the northbound leg, meaning any punters left behind would only have to pay for a ticket for the X93. 

This sounds like a wonderful problem to have - let's hope Go North East do have to tackle such an issue (in reality, they probably won't!)

30 Mar 2021, 7:29 pm
Has it been announced what the ticketing arrangements or prices are for the X11?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Mar 2021, 7:29 pm #188

Has it been announced what the ticketing arrangements or prices are for the X11?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

30 Mar 2021, 8:08 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 7:29 pm)Andreos1 Has it been announced what the ticketing arrangements or prices are for the X11?
I have a feeling the Explorer ticket will be valid as its allowed and valid on the X93 and to Scarborough
MichealAaron
30 Mar 2021, 8:08 pm #189

(30 Mar 2021, 7:29 pm)Andreos1 Has it been announced what the ticketing arrangements or prices are for the X11?
I have a feeling the Explorer ticket will be valid as its allowed and valid on the X93 and to Scarborough

30 Mar 2021, 8:57 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 8:08 pm)MichealAaron I have a feeling the Explorer ticket will be valid as its allowed and valid on the X93 and to Scarborough

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. There's no way it can make a profit if they are as your capping the fare at £10.90 return which works out at about 9p a mile with very little intermediate journeys to top it up and that's ignoring pensioner passes.

It's not valid on the Hadrian Wall services either.
Storx
30 Mar 2021, 8:57 pm #190

(30 Mar 2021, 8:08 pm)MichealAaron I have a feeling the Explorer ticket will be valid as its allowed and valid on the X93 and to Scarborough

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. There's no way it can make a profit if they are as your capping the fare at £10.90 return which works out at about 9p a mile with very little intermediate journeys to top it up and that's ignoring pensioner passes.

It's not valid on the Hadrian Wall services either.

30 Mar 2021, 9:03 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 7:28 pm)Dan This sounds like a wonderful problem to have - let's hope Go North East do have to tackle such an issue (in reality, they probably won't!)

Plan to succeed and all that  Wink . Would be fantastic to see it do well and repay GNE for showing some ambition in this climate, so best of luck!

It might very well be valid, but you need to remember that the X11 and X93 are very different services.

The X93, while it does have a large seasonal element, will also be used by normal folk going about their lives. It's also an established service, operating at a much higher frequency, and I'd imagine passengers will generally be buying ANE-specific tickets.

The X11 is a once a day, seasonal, leisure service on a route that has been tried before by another large company and failed due to lack of money coming in. I don't think it would be a surprise if GNE only sold specific tickets, especially since they've timetabled it to leave Newcastle-Washington before passes kick in M-F.
mb134
30 Mar 2021, 9:03 pm #191

(30 Mar 2021, 7:28 pm)Dan This sounds like a wonderful problem to have - let's hope Go North East do have to tackle such an issue (in reality, they probably won't!)

Plan to succeed and all that  Wink . Would be fantastic to see it do well and repay GNE for showing some ambition in this climate, so best of luck!

It might very well be valid, but you need to remember that the X11 and X93 are very different services.

The X93, while it does have a large seasonal element, will also be used by normal folk going about their lives. It's also an established service, operating at a much higher frequency, and I'd imagine passengers will generally be buying ANE-specific tickets.

The X11 is a once a day, seasonal, leisure service on a route that has been tried before by another large company and failed due to lack of money coming in. I don't think it would be a surprise if GNE only sold specific tickets, especially since they've timetabled it to leave Newcastle-Washington before passes kick in M-F.

30 Mar 2021, 11:09 pm
Tbh id like to see how many people use it to get from Middlesbrough quicker than the X9/X10
MichealAaron
30 Mar 2021, 11:09 pm #192

Tbh id like to see how many people use it to get from Middlesbrough quicker than the X9/X10

30 Mar 2021, 11:14 pm
(30 Mar 2021, 11:09 pm)MichealAaron Tbh id like to see how many people use it to get from Middlesbrough quicker than the X9/X10

That's a perfect reason why I'm guessing it'll have it's own special ticket
streetdeckfan
30 Mar 2021, 11:14 pm #193

(30 Mar 2021, 11:09 pm)MichealAaron Tbh id like to see how many people use it to get from Middlesbrough quicker than the X9/X10

That's a perfect reason why I'm guessing it'll have it's own special ticket

30 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm
Think most people would prob get the X9 / X10 anyway rather than waiting around for the one trip on the X11.

Rapidsnap
30 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm #194

Think most people would prob get the X9 / X10 anyway rather than waiting around for the one trip on the X11.

31 Mar 2021, 5:40 am
If I remember correctly when Arriva ran the X60 the Explorer was only valid between MId'Boro and Scarborough. Passengers from Newcastle had to purchase Arriva special day ticket.
LVK 404L
31 Mar 2021, 5:40 am #195

If I remember correctly when Arriva ran the X60 the Explorer was only valid between MId'Boro and Scarborough. Passengers from Newcastle had to purchase Arriva special day ticket.

31 Mar 2021, 2:08 pm
If no one has said already It’s been noted that concessionary passes are not valid on this service due to no subsidies along this route

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
31 Mar 2021, 2:08 pm #196

If no one has said already It’s been noted that concessionary passes are not valid on this service due to no subsidies along this route

31 Mar 2021, 2:26 pm
(31 Mar 2021, 2:08 pm)TEN 6083 If no one has said already It’s been noted that concessionary passes are not valid on this service due to no subsidies along this route

If it is registered as a local bus service, it must accept ENCTS?
RobinHood
31 Mar 2021, 2:26 pm #197

(31 Mar 2021, 2:08 pm)TEN 6083 If no one has said already It’s been noted that concessionary passes are not valid on this service due to no subsidies along this route

If it is registered as a local bus service, it must accept ENCTS?

31 Mar 2021, 3:18 pm
They have the details about the X11 up on the site now

It's honestly not as bad as I was expecting! The only thing stopping me having a go will be the timing

The pricing basically confirms the Explorer ticket won't be valid

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/scarborough

When X-lines X11 runs
17 April until 30 May – weekends, bank holidays and school holidays
31 May until 3 September – daily
4 September until 31 October – weekends only

X-lines X11 timetable
View the X11 timetable – simply change the calendar to your desired date of travel

X-lines X11 tickets

[b]To Whitby – 1 day [/b]
[b]Adult[/b]
£12
[b]Under 16 / Concession[/b]
£6
[b]Group (any 4 people)[/b]
£40

[b]To Scarborough – 1 day [/b]
[b]Adult[/b]
£15
£7
£40

Our X11 tickets includes travel on any connecting Go North East buses, and we also throw in a free ride on the Beachcomber open-top bus that runs all along Scarborough sea front and can take you to Alpamare and Sea World.

Whitby
Wander through narrow lanes with shops selling tempting things from glassware crafts, jewellery, gifts and clothes to tasty treats and local delicacies.

Then climb the 199 steps up onto the headland to discover the starkly romantic ruins of the Abbey perched high on the cliff above the town.

Take a boat trip round the bay from the working harbour or just soak up the atmosphere of this characterful fishing town.

Scarborough
Enjoy this grand Yorkshire seaside resort with an imposing castle ruin on the headland, award-winning beaches, lovely old harbour and great family attractions.

The broad South Bay Beach has beautiful soft sand, excellent bathing and donkey rides for the kids. Or choose the North Bay Beach with its coveted Blue Flag status.

Kids will love the rides and slides at Alpamare, and the Sea Life Sanctuary is well worth a visit.

Check out Alonzi’s famous, fabulous, fifties-style genuine Italian ice cream parlour on the sea front – mmmmm!

We’ll even throw in a free ride on the Beachcomber open-top bus that runs all along the sea front and can take you to Alpamare and Sea World.
streetdeckfan
31 Mar 2021, 3:18 pm #198

They have the details about the X11 up on the site now

It's honestly not as bad as I was expecting! The only thing stopping me having a go will be the timing

The pricing basically confirms the Explorer ticket won't be valid

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/scarborough

When X-lines X11 runs
17 April until 30 May – weekends, bank holidays and school holidays
31 May until 3 September – daily
4 September until 31 October – weekends only

X-lines X11 timetable
View the X11 timetable – simply change the calendar to your desired date of travel

X-lines X11 tickets

[b]To Whitby – 1 day [/b]
[b]Adult[/b]
£12
£6
£40

[b]To Scarborough – 1 day [/b]
[b]Adult[/b]
£15
£7
£40

Our X11 tickets includes travel on any connecting Go North East buses, and we also throw in a free ride on the Beachcomber open-top bus that runs all along Scarborough sea front and can take you to Alpamare and Sea World.

Whitby
Wander through narrow lanes with shops selling tempting things from glassware crafts, jewellery, gifts and clothes to tasty treats and local delicacies.

Then climb the 199 steps up onto the headland to discover the starkly romantic ruins of the Abbey perched high on the cliff above the town.

Take a boat trip round the bay from the working harbour or just soak up the atmosphere of this characterful fishing town.

Scarborough
Enjoy this grand Yorkshire seaside resort with an imposing castle ruin on the headland, award-winning beaches, lovely old harbour and great family attractions.

The broad South Bay Beach has beautiful soft sand, excellent bathing and donkey rides for the kids. Or choose the North Bay Beach with its coveted Blue Flag status.

Kids will love the rides and slides at Alpamare, and the Sea Life Sanctuary is well worth a visit.

Check out Alonzi’s famous, fabulous, fifties-style genuine Italian ice cream parlour on the sea front – mmmmm!

We’ll even throw in a free ride on the Beachcomber open-top bus that runs all along the sea front and can take you to Alpamare and Sea World.

31 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm
I might be tempted to give this a whirl.

any connecting GNE bus? does that mean i could buy the ticket on the 28 for 15 quid and use to to get to scar bough and then back home for 15 quid or have i miss read that?
Rob44
31 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm #199

I might be tempted to give this a whirl.

any connecting GNE bus? does that mean i could buy the ticket on the 28 for 15 quid and use to to get to scar bough and then back home for 15 quid or have i miss read that?

Dan
Site Administrator
31 Mar 2021, 3:47 pm
(31 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm)Rob44 any connecting GNE bus?  does that mean i could buy the ticket on the 28 for 15 quid and use to to get to scar bough and then back home for 15 quid or have i miss read that?

Yes - effectively it's an all zones (incl X9/X10) day ticket, which also gets you on the X11 to Scarborough, and includes the open-top bus service in Scarborough operated by East Yorkshire within the cost.
Dan
31 Mar 2021, 3:47 pm #200

(31 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm)Rob44 any connecting GNE bus?  does that mean i could buy the ticket on the 28 for 15 quid and use to to get to scar bough and then back home for 15 quid or have i miss read that?

Yes - effectively it's an all zones (incl X9/X10) day ticket, which also gets you on the X11 to Scarborough, and includes the open-top bus service in Scarborough operated by East Yorkshire within the cost.

Pages (28): Previous 19 10 1128 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average