Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6
Ambassador

27 Mar 2022, 5:47 pm #101
(27 Mar 2022, 12:13 pm)busmanT Looking at the successful bids they all seem to be based around the conversion of a significant part of a single town network to zero emission buses - Blackpool, Oxford, Rotherham, Bradford, Harrogate etc. - whereas the North East bid (I don't think that governance is an issue is this case) was about bits converted to electric here, there and almost everywhere. 

Previous funding has enabled Go North East to get the 9 for 53/54 and the next 9 for ??? (Q3 perhaps, as now it's been butchered it only needs 8 buses).
As with all things with transport in the NE there was no clear integration - upgrade of routes that frankly could probably pay for themselves over time.

I mean, NECA  is led by a former British Gas engineer and Tobyn Hughes leads Transport NE, a man so indescribably incompetent its unreal - that's not the thinking we need at the top

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
27 Mar 2022, 5:47 pm #101

(27 Mar 2022, 12:13 pm)busmanT Looking at the successful bids they all seem to be based around the conversion of a significant part of a single town network to zero emission buses - Blackpool, Oxford, Rotherham, Bradford, Harrogate etc. - whereas the North East bid (I don't think that governance is an issue is this case) was about bits converted to electric here, there and almost everywhere. 

Previous funding has enabled Go North East to get the 9 for 53/54 and the next 9 for ??? (Q3 perhaps, as now it's been butchered it only needs 8 buses).
As with all things with transport in the NE there was no clear integration - upgrade of routes that frankly could probably pay for themselves over time.

I mean, NECA  is led by a former British Gas engineer and Tobyn Hughes leads Transport NE, a man so indescribably incompetent its unreal - that's not the thinking we need at the top

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Storx

27 Mar 2022, 6:26 pm #102

I'm not one for bringing politics into but the fact it was GNE getting all the money could have an impact aswell with what's going on with South Eastern Trains. 

I don't believe they've won anything solo from this (there's a few split ones like Oxford).
Storx
27 Mar 2022, 6:26 pm #102

I'm not one for bringing politics into but the fact it was GNE getting all the money could have an impact aswell with what's going on with South Eastern Trains. 

I don't believe they've won anything solo from this (there's a few split ones like Oxford).

citaro5284

27 Mar 2022, 6:29 pm #103
(27 Mar 2022, 6:26 pm)Storx I'm not one for bringing politics into but the fact it was GNE getting all the money could have an impact aswell with what's going on with South Eastern Trains. 

I was under the impression that Arriva and Stagecoach put a bid in for The Teesside area as well?

Is there like a full list of bids put in does anyone know.
citaro5284
27 Mar 2022, 6:29 pm #103

(27 Mar 2022, 6:26 pm)Storx I'm not one for bringing politics into but the fact it was GNE getting all the money could have an impact aswell with what's going on with South Eastern Trains. 

I was under the impression that Arriva and Stagecoach put a bid in for The Teesside area as well?

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Mar 2022, 6:44 pm #104

I think you'd be way off the mark. I don't think anyone is as obsessed with Southeastern as this forum.

The penalty has been paid, there'll be some reputational damage but everyone in the main is moving on. The stock market certainly doesn't seem to care too much, further rail contracts have been awarded...
Dan
27 Mar 2022, 6:44 pm #104

I think you'd be way off the mark. I don't think anyone is as obsessed with Southeastern as this forum.

The penalty has been paid, there'll be some reputational damage but everyone in the main is moving on. The stock market certainly doesn't seem to care too much, further rail contracts have been awarded...

mb134

27 Mar 2022, 6:57 pm #105
(27 Mar 2022, 6:29 pm)citaro5284 I was under the impression that Arriva and Stagecoach put a bid in for The Teesside area as well?

I'd assume that bid would have covered a significant proportion of the Teesside area too, much like many of the other bids which have been accepted - so to me, if anything, that would be the more surprising rejection.
mb134
27 Mar 2022, 6:57 pm #105

(27 Mar 2022, 6:29 pm)citaro5284 I was under the impression that Arriva and Stagecoach put a bid in for The Teesside area as well?

I'd assume that bid would have covered a significant proportion of the Teesside area too, much like many of the other bids which have been accepted - so to me, if anything, that would be the more surprising rejection.

Adrian

27 Mar 2022, 7:11 pm #106

This was the list on gov.uk before they removed it with the results announcement (I've marked winners in red): 

Standard track
On 27 July 2021, 17 further LTAs were selected under the standard process to progress to Phase 2 of the competition. They are:
  • Blackpool Council
  • City of York Council
  • Hertfordshire County Council
  • Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
  • Norfolk County Council
  • North Yorkshire County Council
  • Nottingham City Council
  • Oxfordshire County Council
  • Portsmouth City Council & Hampshire County Council
  • Sheffield City Region Combined Authority (presumably listed as South Yorkshire Combined Authority on results)
  • Southampton City Council
  • Swindon Borough Council
  • Tees Valley Combined Authority
  • Transport for Greater Manchester
  • Transport North East
  • West Yorkshire Combined Authority
  • Worcestershire County Council (but labelled West Midlands Combined Authority on results)
These 17 areas will each create a business case for investment.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Mar 2022, 7:11 pm #106

This was the list on gov.uk before they removed it with the results announcement (I've marked winners in red): 

Standard track
On 27 July 2021, 17 further LTAs were selected under the standard process to progress to Phase 2 of the competition. They are:
  • Blackpool Council
  • City of York Council
  • Hertfordshire County Council
  • Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
  • Norfolk County Council
  • North Yorkshire County Council
  • Nottingham City Council
  • Oxfordshire County Council
  • Portsmouth City Council & Hampshire County Council
  • Sheffield City Region Combined Authority (presumably listed as South Yorkshire Combined Authority on results)
  • Southampton City Council
  • Swindon Borough Council
  • Tees Valley Combined Authority
  • Transport for Greater Manchester
  • Transport North East
  • West Yorkshire Combined Authority
  • Worcestershire County Council (but labelled West Midlands Combined Authority on results)
These 17 areas will each create a business case for investment.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Storx

27 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm #107
(27 Mar 2022, 6:44 pm)Dan I think you'd be way off the mark. I don't think anyone is as obsessed with Southeastern as this forum.

I'm not sure about that the RMT are on GoAhead like a hawk lately, seen they're having a go at GBR over the renewal of the GTR contract. Then again they're always moaning though to be fair.

(27 Mar 2022, 6:57 pm)mb134 I'd assume that bid would have covered a significant proportion of the Teesside area too, much like many of the other bids which have been accepted - so to me, if anything, that would be the more surprising rejection.

https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/wp-content/...posal-.pdf - That's the Tees Valley one but it's all been redacted so you can't tell what's going on. From the map it appears it's the following routes though.

The 2 (Darlington), 7 (Darlington), X66/X67, 36, 8 (Middlesbrough), 9 (Middlesbrough), 17 (Middlesbrough), 12 (Middlesbrough), X3/X3A - Partially (Redcar), 63 (Redcar)

I was surprised they didn't get that one mind tbf.
Storx
27 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm #107

(27 Mar 2022, 6:44 pm)Dan I think you'd be way off the mark. I don't think anyone is as obsessed with Southeastern as this forum.

I'm not sure about that the RMT are on GoAhead like a hawk lately, seen they're having a go at GBR over the renewal of the GTR contract. Then again they're always moaning though to be fair.

(27 Mar 2022, 6:57 pm)mb134 I'd assume that bid would have covered a significant proportion of the Teesside area too, much like many of the other bids which have been accepted - so to me, if anything, that would be the more surprising rejection.

https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/wp-content/...posal-.pdf - That's the Tees Valley one but it's all been redacted so you can't tell what's going on. From the map it appears it's the following routes though.

The 2 (Darlington), 7 (Darlington), X66/X67, 36, 8 (Middlesbrough), 9 (Middlesbrough), 17 (Middlesbrough), 12 (Middlesbrough), X3/X3A - Partially (Redcar), 63 (Redcar)

peter

27 Mar 2022, 8:09 pm #108
(27 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm)Storx I'm not sure about that the RMT are on GoAhead like a hawk lately, seen they're having a go at GBR over the renewal of the GTR contract. Then again they're always moaning though to be fair.

It's a shame that bid didn't go through tbh. Looking at the map, it would seem to be the X4 rather than the X3 (based on the route by the coast in Redcar) but only as far as Brotton which seems odd...guess it doesn't really matter now tho lol.
peter
27 Mar 2022, 8:09 pm #108

(27 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm)Storx I'm not sure about that the RMT are on GoAhead like a hawk lately, seen they're having a go at GBR over the renewal of the GTR contract. Then again they're always moaning though to be fair.

It's a shame that bid didn't go through tbh. Looking at the map, it would seem to be the X4 rather than the X3 (based on the route by the coast in Redcar) but only as far as Brotton which seems odd...guess it doesn't really matter now tho lol.

Andreos1

21 Apr 2022, 11:51 am #109
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess...mantis_rec&int_medium=web&int_campaign=more_like_this

More on the Tees Valley application.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2022, 11:51 am #109

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess...mantis_rec&int_medium=web&int_campaign=more_like_this

More on the Tees Valley application.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jack Gill

21 Apr 2022, 12:00 pm #110
Is there going to be another sort of "round" of this, so areas who missed out on this have a chance in the nearish future?
Jack Gill
21 Apr 2022, 12:00 pm #110

Is there going to be another sort of "round" of this, so areas who missed out on this have a chance in the nearish future?

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average